• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Smol Chapter 4 progress:
Spoilerless:
-Every time Godfrey says "Im drawing the aggro" Nia dies a little inside before dying literally
-Random Dude: "Imma tell a sad story"
Mythra: "Imma squat"
-Got Big Hero 6 on Nia; I thought he was Ice, but at least he's a Healer
-The Darudes at Mor Ardain are pretty well done.

One-Eyed Spoiler:
-Waiting for the Barrel Merc Mission to end was fine; I went to a talk fest to develop Poppi and Mythra's Field Skills
-I kill tiny Arachnos at the warehouse and brag about it, I go a to lower floor and run like a ***** after seeing the giant ones.
-Bruh, why the road to Zeke has so many Lv. 81 sneks?, Oh right, Xenoblade.
-The Mythra slap is GOAT Tier scene don't @ me.
-STRATOSPHERIC THUNDER!
-Nia getting too much aggro cost me another fight, good thing I got a Earth Healer to whoop Zeke. I legit felt bad for Smashing him tho.
-"Zekenator and Pandy are blasting off again!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smol Chapter 4 progress:
Spoilerless:
-Every time Godfrey says "Im drawing the aggro" Nia dies a little inside before dying literally

One-Eyed Spoiler:
-Waiting for the Barrel Merc Mission to end was fine; I went to a talk fest to develop Poppi and Mythra's Field Skills
-I kill tiny Arachnos at the warehouse and brag about it, I go a to lower floor and run like a ***** after seeing the giant ones.
-Bruh, why the road to Zeke has so many Lv. 81 sneks?
-STRATOSPHERIC THUNDER!
-Nia getting too much aggro cost me another fight, good thing I got a Earth Healer to whoop Zeke. I legit felt bad for Smashing him tho.
Interesting. How do you feel about the game overall?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also, speaking of the Nintendo Direct, Nintendo posted a tweet about the last splatfest, and I can't stop laughing at people's reactions. They are really teasing this one, if it ends up being a bad direct, it's going to back fire badly. Let's hope for the best.
Nintendo is gonna have to try real hard to make a bad Direct OK? Like releasing another Animal Crossing spinning off game that involves with amiibos, release a Chibi Robo game on Switch, which isn't bad but not amusing. And Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 will be released in 2019...etc...and online service turns out to be what most people worried about, still need phone to voice chat and release a Retro game a month later nth and take it back, and that is it...
STOP NINTENDO, IT'S NOT FUNNY
Especially when it is Chibi Robo...
Final boss of Xenoblade 2 is giving me depression.
It seems that there u habe already reached to the end of the game... While I am still at chapter 5 getting cire crystals.
I mean it is final boss.... That said I am already at level 91....hope I can handle it
todays xenoblade chronicles meme

Oh salvage HOW I LOVE IT's content which makes me money
This should be switch to Sheba... She loves money a lot.

Troykv

Smash Master
Nintendo is gonna have to try real hard to make a bad Direct OK? Like releasing another Animal Crossing spinning off game that involves with amiibos, release a Chibi Robo game on Switch, which isn't bad but not amusing. And Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 will be released in 2019...etc...and online service turns out to be what most people worried about, still need phone to voice chat and release a Retro game a month later nth and take it back, and that is it...

Especially when it is Chibi Robo...

It seems that there u habe already reached to the end of the game... While I am still at chapter 5 getting cire crystals.
I mean it is final boss.... That said I am already at level 91....hope I can handle it

This should be switch to Sheba... She loves money a lot.
Chibi-Robo is burning for the lack of faith of everyone... Poor guy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Smol Chapter 4 progress:
Spoilerless:

One-Eyed Spoiler:
-Bruh, why the road to Zeke has so many Lv. 81 sneks?, Oh right, Xenoblade.
-STRATOSPHERIC THUNDER!
-Who has Godfrey? Also... Heal whenever you can...
-don't know what is this supposed to mean.. Sorry
-Just imagine Boreas as Bay Max with the personality of Chowder from Chowder... That Cartoonetwork show....
-Darudes? Kind of forgot what they are...
-which is what you were supposed to be doing lol.
-yep, so you went with the same road as me... You were supposed to go to the next room on the floor you just walked down... There is a door at the right top corner... I never noticed that until recently.
-Meh, that scene was pretty cliché...
- one thing I hate about Zeke is that his attacks took way too long...
-when roll over by a Boulder... Zeke and Pandoria just blasted away rather than getting squashed.... Thats not how physically works.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I have confirmed it... Micaiah's japanese voice is still Natsuko Kuwatani! Like in Radiant Dawn.

I'm expecting desu~ spam from Cipher People if they bring her to a Series 12 Cipher Livestream.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm more surprised that they're using Chibi-Robo for this Tweet. If we somehow see a new Chibi-Robo even after the middling Zip-Line, colour me impressed. At the moment, I'm just going to keep most of my expectations low, but I'm imagining we'll see an official announcement sooner or later.

At the very least, I'd predict we might see something related to Fire Emblem like a teaser trailer since I remember Fates was first shown off in a January Direct too. Kirby Star Allies and the Yoshi game are probably due for some information too, and maybe some smaller games coming to the system as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so speaking of xenoblade my rare blade obtaining effectively stopped for a bit after getting gorg dagas and godfrey
at least untill i grabbed sheba(whos on zeke) and i now have the lucky core crystal and vess's core crystal
and i started the crystal clear side quest for thoes that know what that entails

In case anyone wants to know how ResetERA has been going in its ****post thread for the nintendo direct, here is a livestream.

EDIT and now the thread is closed. RIP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy eleventh of January, time to confirm that Nintendo Direct everyone is spamming on twitter.
In case anyone wants to know how ResetERA has been going in its ****post thread for the nintendo direct, here is a livestream.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

EDIT and now the thread is closed. RIP
BECOME AS GODS
BECOME AS GODS

Over 600 pages of insanity. Whew.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope Chibi-Robo can retain its status as ambassador to Direct hype. Better than just fading away.

You get the picture...

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

You get the picture...
Top tier gif here, I love it

Nintendo has me ****ed up, they know everyone wants the Direct and yet refuse to announce a date. And I normally don't mind not having a Direct but there aren't any 1st party games that are coming out on the Switch soon, so I'm eager to learn more.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally finished watching Cowboy Bebop.

Fantastic show overall. I will admit the episodic nature caught me off-guard at first since I've become used to watching anime that follow up from the previous episode, but I grew to appreciate it and its method of story-telling the more I watched the show. The jazzy music was catchy, and the art+animation is fantastic for a 1990s anime.

Perhaps what really appealed to me the most about Cowboy Bebop was the characters. All four of the main characters (Spike, Jet, Faye, and Ed) are very well-characterized. Each have their own motivations and solid backstories, and while you see how all four of them bond as a crew, they are also capable of being independent when it comes to handling different problems. Of the four, I definitely liked Spike the most: loved his laid-back and casual attitude, and he was always a thrill to watch with his dialogue and his action moments. He's earned a spot in my favorite anime characters of all time.

I haven't watched the Cowboy Bebop movie yet, but I think I'll watch it another time when I get the chance.

So if you want to know whether or not I recommend watching Cowboy Bebop: yes, I definitely recommend it!

I'd say Cowboy Bebop is now my third favorite anime, behind Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Okay I finished, post the announcement Nintendo. :006:
bin-4-2.jpg

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

My friends, we have truly been blessed.

Surprised that they used Zelgius for this banner considering Black Knight was already used (would say spoilers, but Heroes cares about as much as Smash does when it comes to hiding character identities) and they could've filled the slot with a Dawn Brigade character like Nolan. Other then that, nice to finally see Micaiah and Sothe in the game, it's been a long wait for more Radiant Dawn characters.

Now we just need Thracia to get some love and all of the games will be represented.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's safe to say more people retweeted the Chibi-Robo tweet than actually bought Zip-Lash, at this point.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
IS is drunk or something
It's coming out tomorrow
What the ****ing ****
YES, MICAIAH! I'm not really okay with the banner itself though. I was expecting a Dawn Brigade banner, but instead we got... Spoiler Black Knight? Really? The banner would have been better with Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan and Edward, but whatever. Also, I'm totally fine with Oliver being in the game (Though having him before other bad guys like Lyon does anger me a bit)

Can I say that I just called Micaiah badly?:

Even though I want to keep pulling for Takumi, I think I'll wait until the next banner is released. If it's finally Micaiah and brings a Thani tome effective against armor and horses she could counter every single unit I find in arena. Thankfully they do seem to be giving some orbs for the start of the year, so that's nice.
Not that it was that hard to predict, but whatever. I'm pulling for her, I've been desperate to have a banner where I can pull blues. I need so many Subakis and Shannas, it's not funny.

I'm glad that Sanaki is getting some love with the update too. The weapon refinery boost makes me think either Sigrun or Tanith will come sooner or later (Even though Marcia is the best pegasus from the game, we take what we get). If mine had good IV's I would consider giving her the upgrade, but mine is pretty much screwed up.

Finally finished watching Cowboy Bebop.

Fantastic show overall. I will admit the episodic nature caught me off-guard at first since I've become used to watching anime that follow up from the previous episode, but I grew to appreciate it and its method of story-telling the more I watched the show. The jazzy music was catchy, and the art+animation is fantastic for a 1990s anime.

Perhaps what really appealed to me the most about Cowboy Bebop was the characters. All four of the main characters (Spike, Jet, Faye, and Ed) are very well-characterized. Each have their own motivations and solid backstories, and while you see how all four of them bond as a crew, they are also capable of being independent when it comes to handling different problems. Of the four, I definitely liked Spike the most: loved his laid-back and casual attitude, and he was always a thrill to watch with his dialogue and his action moments. He's earned a spot in my favorite anime characters of all time.

I haven't watched the Cowboy Bebop movie yet, but I think I'll watch it another time when I get the chance.

So if you want to know whether or not I recommend watching Cowboy Bebop: yes, I definitely recommend it!

I'd say Cowboy Bebop is now my third favorite anime, behind Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate.
I'm actually in the middle of watching Cowboy Bebop! I watched the film before the series, and was because of it that I decided to watch the anime. As you said, the art-animation of the show is amazing, definitely holds up to this day.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How did I not know that the Black Widow movie is ACTUALLY ****IN HAPPENING!?
I'm super hyped for this now.
I know I should just let people enjoy things but I'm having difficulty getting hyped for a movie about a character I don't like played by an actress who you can replace with a cardboard cutout and barely tell the difference

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that we got our Radiant Dawn banner... I can only think of two specific banners I want.

Thracia 776 Banner
Awakening Children Banner

Those seem to be the big missing ones.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I’ve cross-referenced the Zodiac Killer codes with Ted Cruz speeches to discover a new code that says the Nintendo Direct is tomorrow. If it’s not, then I will execute a tactical assassination against Bill Trinen

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I played Pokemon ultra sun and sun but here is my opinion on them:
Once I finished both games I just stopped playing it even online unlike gen 3 remake and gen 5,6 where I kept playing them for months and the reason is because there is triple battle and rotation battle which is the most enjoyable thing was for me i won't even transfer my old Pokemons to gen 7 (exept for few)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know I should just let people enjoy things but I'm having difficulty getting hyped for a movie about a character I don't like played by an actress who you can replace with a cardboard cutout and barely tell the difference
Well, **** Gwen tell us how you really feel.

I like Scarlett, and I think Black Widow is criminally underdeveloped, and she deserves it after 8 years of playing second fiddle. Plus, Marvel Studios never screws up, at least so far. Can't say the same about Marvel Television.

D

Deleted member

Be reassured then, the story will be a cakewalk at this level.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but this is pretty nice straw-grasping answer to Nintendo's recent tweets
If we are getting tomodachi life on switch I would be very happy since I have already prepared 80+ miis on my switch months ago because of all the available color for eye, hair, glasses, I might consider making a videos of my playthrough on it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Be reassured then, the story will be a cakewalk at this level.
I mean, it isn't that much of a feat since I have been playing this game since launch, and nearly over 210 hours of gameplay.
Because of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I haven't play much Splatoon 2,completely skip Overwatch, not playing Odyssey for a month as well...
Oh and just today, I am at 92...
I might still stuck at some point, if I have to.
Reason why I stick at chapter 5 not because I am literally stuck in a story quest but because I am trying to get all the rare Blades I can get. But it seems that this isn't going to happen that soon, it might take while, with that level I also have no problems with most of unique monsters, only one in Gormott that is at level 90 still can be tricky to take down.
By the way, is it normal that Blade combos only have three routes before chapter 6? Now imagine I defeat those monsters with only those...
I also tend to try to do full burst chain combo a so I guess that's why.

And also, when it comes to JRPGs, my other two brothers aren't that much of a Xenoblade fan, one of them played Xenoblade 3D and all he did was mostly finishing the story, he didn't do the quests... Just play for the plot... However, he is a EO fan, and my two brothers are Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter fan...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where in the world is this goddamn Nintendo Direct?
I made an alignment chart of nine people. This has nothing to do with the mafia, no worries.
View attachment 134924 If you all hate it I will get rid of it. I love all of you guys.
I'm sorry but I am clearly Lawful Evil
Golen is definitely Chaotic Evil too, that man follows no rules
Now that we got our Radiant Dawn banner... I can only think of two specific banners I want.

Thracia 776 Banner
Awakening Children Banner

Those seem to be the big missing ones.
There haven't been any Binding Blade banners either

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If irw just a Direct Mini, I'll be disappointed.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
A Nintendo Direct would be nice to see, though I'm not too sure what in particular I'd expect from it. Been out of the loop for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom