• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Important update:
Territorial Rotbart just slapped my ****, a bird killed me and I fought the "DON'T FORGET ME" dudes.

Memeblade Chronicles officially begins.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Read the whole context...

Do I?
The total space taken up is less than the space MK8D takes up.

Basically you just said you don't have enough space for MK8D... a game that isn't really big. I don't think you mention how many games you have in your Switch though, maybe I really neglect your early post, if it's that then yeah... my bad...
Old YouTube logo and there's problems with the data storage.
Mario Kart is downloaded but the space it takes up doesn't fit either the sd card nor the space in the Switch itself.
Additionally it isn't archived either.

Also:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2900342/

The keyword is "indicate" however. It's not a solid deconfirmation, yet.

Well... turns out it was, with that out of the way, I don't really care if that leak is real or not... and to be even more honest... I haven't watched the video.
Only way we can tell if it's real or ot is probably whether it will be taken down by Nintendo or not, just remember the Nintendo Switch unboxing leak... where someone stole a Switch unboxed it early... and it was taken down by Nintendo like a day later.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Important update:
Territorial Rortbart just slapped my ****, a bird killed me and I fought the "DON'T FORGET ME" dudes.

I already put that Rortbart into its grave a few weeks ago.
Was the bird over level 70?

And yikes, double post again...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Important update:
Territorial Rortbart just slapped my ****, a bird killed me and I fought the "DON'T FORGET ME" dudes.

I somehow missed Rotbart when I started the game and only saw him when I had to return to Gormott in a later chapter.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I somehow missed Rotbart when I started the game and only saw him when I had to return to Gormott in a later chapter.
Probably it is because you didn't stick around at the Plains of the Evening Calm... If you go at the edge of the Plains, you will be just fine.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I found some pretty damning evedence

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Again don't really care too much about the font, and it makes me geht be in beta so we just aren't sure
Damn.

I don't know if it'll actually motivate me to shake the rust off my Dualies and get in on it, but I dig the Action art.

Maybe it's all the shades.
I go for Action, because I like the explosion.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I go for Action, because I like the explosion.
Clearly that squidkid is in the "cool guys don't look at explosions" camp.

I say people who aren't interested in the explosions that once were their enemies haven't heard of marshmallows and sticks.

But to each their own.

D

Deleted member

Important update:

Memeblade Chronicles sounds really fun, is there more memes in there? Is Spongebob, Patrick or Squidward the strongest blade in the game? Is Mythra now Stingy and Rotten, or a true hero? I can not wait to buy Memeblade Chronicles 2!
Clearly that squidkid is in the "cool guys don't look at explosions" camp.

I say people who aren't interested in the explosions that once were their enemies haven't heard of marshmallows and sticks.

But to each their own.
That is a nice post. Cooking marshmallows after disaster! At least they are tasty!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was actively evading the dude, then I got into a random battle by mistake and that perro desgraciado suddenly arrived to give me the LeBron Block.

Was the bird over level 70?
I dunno, I failed to check the level because Im bad at selecting the enemy I want to face.

Camera angles on the other hand...:denzel:

D

Deleted member

So, it was fake? Eh, kind of a bummer, I really want themes and customizable menu.
It was a good fake though, people will really do anything to trick others
This is true. I'm curious how it went down. I think Yellow did it by mistake out of anger somehow.

Or Pink did something with Yellow's stuff that set off events leading to her shattering.

I wonder though, could the nephrite we saw be centipeedle? That be a pretty good tie back.

I also really liked how Lar's had bad thoughts at first about sadie not caring, but it was great to see him realize how to fully change and Stevonnie being used to explain to him how he was seeing things wrong.
I beleve it was White that killed her, Yellow somehow knew but was forced to stay silent, probably due to fearing White(who is likely the oldest of them, which gives her more power over them)
Considering Pink was just a child, basically, and Earth was her first colony, I wouldn't be surprised if she started having second thoughts about what they were doing and consider making some deal with Rose and the Crystal Gems. Come White, kills her, blames Rose and Homeworld now has a martyr and no one is going to entertain the idea of siding with the murderers of Pink Diamond.

We haven't seen White, I don't think we have even seen her being namedropped so I wouldn't be surprised if she was worshipped as a God or something.
Alternatively, White never left Homeworld and forced Yellow to kill Pink based on suspicions of betrayal. I doubt Yellow would do it willingly but at that point she wouldn't have a choice on opposing her big sister.

And poor Blue still knows nothing.
She'd be very pissed if she found out, though consodering how things went at the trial, I doubt she's giving either of the Diamons an easy time.

D

Deleted member

@Z25
b6a6bdbb-1ef4-435f-8621-f2291910ed74.jpg
9f5db6d1-e75b-4811-952f-e382d8384163.jpg
be7fd8b8-9871-4e0d-9e1d-8a65df91eec1.jpg

Also, it seems many are going back to the "Rose is Pink Diamond" theories and I thought these were dead for good but nope, seems like that will be a thing until we see the two in the same room

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know how to feel about nu.4 yet. Maybe I'm just bad with her, but while I like playing as her, Tora is honestly the better tank of the two imo.

Still, she is fun to play. I just need to upgrade her blades more and give her better equipements. Then, the fun will begin.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Considering that you blatantly missed the point of Schnee's post, you should look at the context of his post yes
I already did in the later quote lol. Odd that you didn't quote it.
It was just about that potential leak on the new firm ware... Some also say the reason why the storage looks weird means that either or is fake or will have cloud storage. At the end of the day, I don't care if it is real or not, I just think those contents in the potential leak are those we should already get.
I dunno, I failed to check the level because Im bad at selecting the enemy I want to face.

Camera angles on the other hand...:denzel:
Nah, the enemy selecting is pretty bad this time, you have to press R and then press A and Y to choose enemies.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I already did in the later quote lol. Odd that you didn't quote it.
It was just about that potential leak on the new firm ware... Some also say the reason why the storage looks weird means that either or is fake or will have cloud storage. At the end of the day, I don't care if it is real or not, I just think those contents in the potential leak are those we should already get.
I only replied to the first thing as I admittedly was tired after just waking up, but looking back, it's still kinda missing the point. Schnee was talking about the Switch's file size without additional SD cards to reach a reasonable conclusion. You said he doesn't have a lot of space on the Switch based off of your Switch... And 64 GB SD card, which wasn't used in the video.The fake video said there was 23.9GB left after downloading Mario Kart yet the Switch only has 25.9 GB to use for games, and as we know Mario Kart is 6.75 GB, we can see that it's bull**** by comparing the numbers. Meaning you didn't catch this major piece of context and still argued "But muh 64 GB!" as if it was relevant. AKA you missed the point. Unlike with XB2, these are OBJECTIVE facts

D

Deleted member

I keep getting wholesome comments and upvotes on that Totodile gif I uploaded and honestly, I'm just glad people can enjoy a pure boy like him.

Also, the "one eyed monster" cutscene from XC2 keeps showing up in my feed and I have to say, I love Nia's accent. The cutscene is actually pretty funny too.
Though do they even know how to do lip syncing?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I keep getting wholesome comments and upvotes on that Totodile gif I uploaded and honestly, I'm just glad people can enjoy a pure boy like him.

Also, the "one eyed monster" cutscene from XC2 keeps showing up in my feed and I have to say, I love Nia's accent. The cutscene is actually pretty funny too.
Well Totodile is best Johto boy. If even I can say that then that must be impressive!

I saw that the other day, and good lord that was ****ing dumb delivery on Mythra's end

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I only replied to the first thing as I admittedly was tired after just waking up, but looking back, it's still kinda missing the point.
I sure did, and actually I wasn't missing the point but rather misread Schnees context. At first I just thought Schnee has Problem with his Switch storage... Which it wasn't...
Schnee was talking about the Switch's file size without additional SD cards to reach a reasonable conclusion. You said he doesn't have a lot of space on the Switch based off of your Switch... And 64 GB SD card, which wasn't used in the video.
One more thing to clarify... and again I didn't know he was talking about the leak video... it was me didn't pay attention...or just simply taken his quote out of context...
I didn't saw this...
Old YouTube logo and there's problems with the data storage.
Mario Kart is downloaded but the space it takes up doesn't fit either the sd card nor the space in the Switch itself.
Additionally it isn't archived either.

Also:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2900342/

The keyword is "indicate" however. It's not a solid deconfirmation, yet.

It was probably because I didn't really care too much about the leak at first though because I just think the Switch UI will ge those features in some shape or form.
.The fake video said there was 23.9GB left after downloading Mario Kart yet the Switch only has 25.9 GB to use for games, and as we know Mario Kart is 6.75 GB, we can see that it's bull**** by comparing the numbers.
Like I said, it is either
A. It's fake
B. This could mean that there might be cloud storage if this is real.

Meaning you didn't catch this major piece of context and still argued "But muh 64 GB!" as if it was relevant. AKA you missed the point. Unlike with XB2, these are OBJECTIVE facts
So annoying to keep repeating this... now it seems that you are the one who taken my quote out of context as well, because_I didn't realized he was talking about the leak video in that quote_ that's why I mention the SD cards, because in normal situations, MK8 Deluxe in the video shouldn't be download in our current firm ware because it is just impossible with its storage, I get that. Or, just curious,do you have any complaints on the Switch storage? Well, to be honest I do to some extent... I hope they release a 64 GB storage Switch in the future...

And why the in the Alrest do you put up XC2 again? Now this is something that is completely irrelevant... or are you going to have more subjective opinion on this game that you don't want to play yet? Just asking...

I don't know man... your reply on me just felt a little bit of hostile if I am being real here, if I mistaken then I am very sorry, perhaps it's just your style or habit of reply (Even though again, being raw here, I don't like your way of reply like this.)

I dislike Nia's voice... it just sound bland to some degree...

And that "one eyed monster video... for those who don't know...
It was where Zeke stupidly confront in front of Rex, Nia, Tora, Poppi, Dromarch, and Mythra...
And to be honest I didn't really get it on why "One Eyed Monster" sounded embarrassinge ven though I know Zeke wears eye patch so it was pretty obvious, perhaps it was a localization translate... which might hide the Japanese joke I guess... and Mythra did the typical embarrassing slap on Rex... overall the scene was a bit dumb

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I sure did, and actually I wasn't missing the point but rather misread Schnees context. At first I just thought Schnee has Problem with his Switch storage... Which it wasn't...

One more thing to clarify... and again I didn't know he was talking about the leak video... it was me didn't pay attention...or just simply taken his quote out of context...
I didn't saw this...

It was probably because I didn't really care too much about the leak at first though because I just think the Switch UI will ge those features in some shape or form.

A. It's fake

So annoying to keep repeating this... now it seems that you are the one who taken my quote out of context as well, because_I didn't realized he was talking about the leak video in that quote_ that's why I mention the SD cards, because in normal situations, MK8 Deluxe in the video shouldn't be download in our current firm ware because it is just impossible with its storage, I get that. Or, just curious,do you have any complaints on the Switch storage? Well, to be honest I do to some extent... I hope they release a 64 GB storage Switch in the future...

And why the in the Alrest do you put up XC2 again? Now this is something that is completely irrelevant... or are you going to have more subjective opinion on this game that you don't want to play yet? Just asking...

I don't know man... your reply on me just felt a little bit of hostile if I am being real here, if I mistaken then I am very sorry, perhaps it's just your style or habit of reply (Even though again, being raw here, I don't like your way of reply like this.)
Misreading context is pretty much missing the point though

Can't be cloud storage as the cloud storage didn't add up either in the video

Why repeat your point multiple times in the same post and then say you're tired of having to explain your point?

I brought it up because when I brought up genuine criticisms people can have, including poor design for sidequests which you yourself kind of admit, you went "It's just your opinion!" which irks me because of how you react to criticism of the game and when you compared the game which you implied you didn't finish yet to the game you have never even touched

D

Deleted member

I didn't saw this...

A. It's fake

I dislike Nia's voice... it just sound bland to some degree...

And that "one eyed monster video... for those who don't know...
It was where Zeke stupidly confront in front of Rex, Nia, Tora, Poppi, Dromarch, and Mythra...
And to be honest I didn't really get it on why "One Eyed Monster" sounded embarrassinge ven though I know Zeke wears eye patch so it was pretty obvious, perhaps it was a localization translate... which might hide the Japanese joke I guess... and Mythra did the typical embarrassing slap on Rex... overall the scene was a bit dumb
I like Nia's accent at the very least. I know nothing of her but I could hear that accent for the whole game.

And, dude, one-eyed monster means...
Well, it's used to refer to a body part that only those of the male sex have

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the late replies guys, been real busy.

Nah that's OK.
Interestingly, Medibang actually was in Chinese when I checked it, obviously your manga was still in English... Perhaps Medibang also has plenty manga from Taiwan artists...
By the way, believe it or not, I've finish both of the mangas
Here are my raw thoughts so far...

Tiger Square World
The style is very interesting, the cat girl Nin Nin is cute and hot. But the male protagonist looks a bit typical... The start of the plot also felt a bit dull...
I gave this manga 7/10, perhaps this one was a bit short and you might have more. I think this manga has some potential.

Don't be too down yet, your next work... The one about Esports

Tiger Square Alpha
An esport manga? I don't recall there are any notable ones... At first it was a bit dull too, but oh my oh my. I really love the story you ate going through. I aware the "what is your motivation?" has been a bit of a cliché in most Shonen mangas. But this one you implement it very well. I also like the character Ryu more than Kyle! He may look like a show off OP rich kid (and he is to some degree), but his personality amazes me. This tyype of character tend to be more of a scumbag and stuck up personality,but nope, telling the main protagonist to give it his all was a very nice touch.

This manga has a lot of potential, not only there aren't any much manga about Esports... I think... The plot, the flow in the manga were just awesome! At first I was a bit confused who used who in the game, bit that's just me.

I gave this manga 9.5/10, outstanding.

However...
This part I think has mistypoView attachment 134800
And this part... Are you trying to spell out the Chinese in Mandarin?
View attachment 134801
黑 and虎 are pretty much correct, 爪isn't "Zhao" but rather "zhua"
For those who do not know, 黑虎爪means "Black Tiger Claw/Slash" because... You know... He is a tiger lol.
I'm glad you liked it. It's interesting to me to see the different tastes in the different manga people have. Some people seemed to have preferred the Onigiri one more, and others preferred the eSports one more. But yeah, like you said, the 2nd one doesn't go too in depth into big twists or anything, due to page count. I barely managed to finish 27 pages in time, the deadline was on the 5th. So I didn't have enough room to flesh out anything more in that one. But also, that one is also meant to be more of a spinoff manga of sorts, where the primary purpose is really more to really flesh out and characterize the videogame characters, giving them very distinct personalities, so that people can grow attached to them beyond them being simple avatars or such for the players in the main manga.

Nin-nin for example is more than a Ninja archetype with rushdown moves and shadow clones. She's a quirky catgirl, who's a bit insane, and a massive smug troll, who's both simultaneously endearing, and mysterious in her own ways. And it'll be the same for just about all the characters. The World manga will mostly jump around to various POVs focusing on various "episodic" stories for the various characters on the roster. Occasionally it'll have certain story arcs that lead to something, but overall, it's meant to be a fun wuxia story set in hell, focused heavily on character interaction/dynamics, rather than some overreaching plot.

As for the Chinese, you're right that it's meant to read in Chinese (as the game is meant to have a strong Chinese Wuxia flavor to it), but I'm not knowledgeable enough in it to distinguish between Mandarin and Cantonese. Sorry. Also, I'd change the spelling on that, but I'm afraid it's too late now. I can't touch the entries in the contest lest I be disqualified :/

Ok, let's start with the good: the art looks really good, there's a lot of detail and a variety of expressions in the Onigiri pilot; I also really liked the eSports one, as I don't often see manga or anime about them, much less ones focusing on fighting games(which arguably give the best possibilities for these exaggerated-gameplay as action scenes), and the action was just great, alongside what I believe to be interesting characters and a setting that allows various types of character conflicts to happen.

But, well, there's also the bad, and it's mostly with the Onigiri stuff, being that it's just simply not a good pilot, there's nothing to draw a reader in: there's no big turnaround in the life of the protagonist, an action scene to draw attention or a First Episode Plot Twist and the main character seems to have no motivation or goals whatsoever, he's apparently mostly okay with being ordered to leave home and at the end just accepts Nin-nin coming along with him despite the fact he was siding with the Ogre seconds before, which brings me to my next point.
The relationship that seems would be the main focus of the story feels forced, Nin-nin just tags along and Onigiri just accepts it, there's no moral, legal or self motivation for him to just go along nor a common goal or a mutually benefitial team up, he doesn't need her around him because she has nothing he wants.
There's also the issue of it not really explaining anything about the setting other than being Hell and that it doesn't even seem like Hell, the whole thing could be said to be set on our world and it wouldn't really be noticeable.

So yeah, overall, I liked the eSports one much better and what could be an actually great manga, the Onigiri one is kind of just there and doesn't stand out at all.
Still, it's obviously not a doomed project, it just needs reworking so that it says "this is why you should read this" instead of "here's a thing that exists".
That's aweome.

Like I said, the Onigiri manga is meant to be more supportive to the eSports one more than anything. It's really there more than anything so that the vidya characters are more than simple toolsets or avatars, but character with personalities in and of themselves.

As for the setting, you're right in that it's somewhat underdeveloped, but that mostly comes down to time restraints at the time of making. As that series gets fleshed out more, you'll see more of it. But really, it's meant to be our interpretation of Chinese Hell, Diyu, which has 18 realms, all of which are very distinct from one another. Thus, we have 18 different "worlds" persay, in this hell that all feel very different and unique. Think for example, of how the Hell/Aterlife in Dragonball wasn't exactly this brutish demonic place with fire and brimstone. On the eSports manga, the first fight sequence is also taking place in hell, one of the realms is massive demon city, and you have demons going about their daily lives, and driving their flying cars to and from work. I need to flesh it out more to make it more distinct, but you do hear Grease mention it in the spin off "not all of us are evil here, some of us just live normal lives" and I find the idea of salarymen demons to be quite funny.

As for character motivations and such, it's intentionally subtle, as there will be a follow up to it, but consider for a moment that Onigiri is the son of a famous guy that made hell his ***** and is generally universally hated in hell, and that Nin-Nin is a Kunoichi, who are notorious for using their sexual prowess to try and seduce and lure their targets. Like, Nin-Nin's sexuality is intentional, it's not just random fan-service. Also, consider the dramatic change in character when she go "serious." That's as much as I'll say on that matter.

Then on Onigiri. Well, he's supposed to be a bit of a momma's boy/hikkikomori. He's kicked out of the house, to make a name for himself. That's his goal. Motivation, he doesn't have one, because that's part of his character, he's generally unmovitvated, and very full of himself. He's "fine" with being kicked out, cause he's got no choice. What's he gonna do? His dad is the strongest man in hell, and he was definitely serious about beheading him if he stuck around. It'll be further fleshed out in future chapters. As for why he was just "fine" with Nin-nin tagging along. Well, put himself in his shoes. She displayed massive amounts of power when she killed Grease. He tried to get a cheap hit on her to take her out immediately after, because he sensed she was dangerous, but she was prepared for that. Thus, it begs the question, how many layers of preparation is she under? And just how strong is she? Under these circumstances, it's better to just go along with it and try to figure things out, and not fight, as she's back to being "aloof" and you don't want her to get serious, as it could get you killed, as you don't know how strong this person is, but they're clearly very powerful, and more importantly, very prepared. Thus, he's trapped in a certain sense. Part of Onigiri's character is that he's constantly dragged along by other people, because he's unmotivated. Again, there will be a follow up that will explore this further, but it was intentionally left subtle in this first one, as the focus of it is more on the lighthearted character dynamic of the two. Get people to like these two more than anything. There are hints to all of this though if you pay attention to Onigiri's reactions and such when Nin-Nin charges her Chi.

Also, that's not to say Nin-nin is necessarily "evil" or malicious persay. She could very well just like Onigiri, but it's that mystery that's meant to draw intrigue to her character. You don't KNOW who she really is, or what her real motivations may or may not be. How much of her is an act, and how much is authentic. It's all a mystery. Like a cat. As for why she would like him? She finds him attractive. Simple as. Sometimes people just work that way. A girl just think a guy is cute, and she wants to hang out with him. Nothing more, nothing less.

****, forgot something.

View attachment 134804

One of these greatests is not like the others.

Can't not read that as the greased-est coach and I'm ****ing horrified.
Ahhh, I see it. Thanks for that.

Too bad I can't change it. I'll just leave it to the medibang translators, hope they catch it too.

D

Deleted member

I watched Nairo and Gunblae host in Twitch, and I have to say it was fun.
The final round was clutch Yei with Meta Knight vs Icymist with Samus. Yei won 3-1, and then she verse Gunblade and beat him 3-0. Congratulations Yei!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can't be cloud storage as the cloud storage didn't add up either in the video
Not sure about that, then this can even explain more on why most people think it is fake.
Nevertheless, they got to have Cloud Storage or burst. And it has to be in the online service they are going to be released.
Why repeat your point multiple times in the same post and then say you're tired of having to explain your point?
Well... it may sound dumb but it is that... I have to repeat it in order to clarify my point... and it's tiresome to some extent.
I brought it up because when I brought up genuine criticisms people can have, including poor design for sidequests which you yourself kind of admit, you went "It's just your opinion!" which irks me because of how you react to criticism of the game and when you compared the game which you implied you didn't finish yet to the game you have never even touched
The criticisms on sidequests were never genuine... it based on differs from people to people. That's you seems to take all of my argument as "It's just an opinion" is also out of context as well... which is not a good move imo. I hold people's opinions greatly and since it is an opinion, I, of course can have my own opinion as well.

But here is the thing... you haven't even played the game, so how are you sure know if the XC2 sidequests are good or not? If I were you I may just be more conservative and say "From what I heard from other people's experience, I don't think the sidequest in XC2 is better than XC", this way I can totally understand it.

I may sound arrogant, but just think about it... if a random user saw someone spending time on XC2 over 170 hours and have a positive review on sidequest and saw another have a negative view on sidequests based on other people's opinion (That we aren't even sure if they have played the same hours of time as me on sidequests btw)... just which one do you think will this random user believe?

And I have finished XC, and a majority of the sidequests since like I said XC sidequest are a lot, and did I forget to mention that I have already spend over 120 hours into the game?

To not sound rude or anything, you do have fair share of good points, such as checking guides might saw spoilers etc... I think I need to recheck out discussion, or if you have more opinion on XC2, I am all ears. But I will have my own fair share of rebuttals... probably.

So yeah... I still stand by think that the sidequest is a huge improvement over XC at least, andI have said I can't say if it's better than XCX's sidequest system, because I haven't play the game.

I like Nia's accent at the very least. I know nothing of her but I could hear that accent for the whole game.

And, dude, one-eyed monster means...
Well, it's used to refer to a body part that only those of the male sex have
At first I don't like the accent, but now I think her accent is pretty cool.

And bruh... not eveyone's first language is English... or understand how "One eyed Monster" can be used as an offensive word...

I'm glad you liked it. It's interesting to me to see the different tastes in the different manga people have. Some people seemed to have preferred the Onigiri one more, and others preferred the eSports one more. But yeah, like you said, the 2nd one doesn't go too in depth into big twists or anything, due to page count. I barely managed to finish 27 pages in time, the deadline was on the 5th. So I didn't have enough room to flesh out anything more in that one. But also, that one is also meant to be more of a spinoff manga of sorts, where the primary purpose is really more to really flesh out and characterize the videogame characters, giving them very distinct personalities, so that people can grow attached to them beyond them being simple avatars or such for the players in the main manga.
So I hope I am not mistaken... Tiger Square World is about the video game in Tiger Square Alpha? And Tiger Square Alpha is about the game as an esport...

From what other reviews I have seen, it seems that most people give Tiger Square Alpha better reception. But I still believe Tiger Square World has just that of a more potential than Tiger Square Alpha.

Even though it is a spinoff, the story so far looks a bit dull, but then the esports one just felt really more like a real Shonen manga, especially at the later part.

As for character motivations and such, it's intentionally subtle, as there will be a follow up to it, but consider for a moment that Onigiri is the son of a famous guy that made hell his ***** and is generally universally hated in hell, and that Nin-Nin is a Kunoichi, who are notorious for using their sexual prowess to try and seduce and lure their targets. Like, Nin-Nin's sexuality is intentional, it's not just random fan-service. Also, consider the dramatic change in character when she go "serious." That's as much as I'll say on that matter.
I mean, hey, don't get me wrong, I actually do like Nin Nin. And as for fanservice, I will say this again... I am fine with fanservice if they are did right and not forced or overboard (Unless you are making Seinen manga LOL). Fanservice is just like seasoning, every types of meals must add different amount of seasoning to taste good, but I also hate if those seasoning are my only food.

As for the Chinese, you're right that it's meant to read in Chinese (as the game is meant to have a strong Chinese Wuxia flavor to it), but I'm not knowledgeable enough in it to distinguish between Mandarin and Cantonese. Sorry. Also, I'd change the spelling on that, but I'm afraid it's too late now. I can't touch the entries in the contest lest I be disqualified :/
The game itself and Tiger Square World, yeah I can tell, but you also added the a character that does this... Which was the best part.
IMG_20180106_230013.jpg
yeah... I know where does this move come from.

And oh.. I see... It is understandable hope that doesn't affect your manga on winning...

D

Deleted member

I'm voting good ol' Comedy.

But the art for Action is simply bad ***.
I had to edit this because of a typo. I guess it does for a simple design, but it looks like a pizza delivery woman riding a Motorcycle from the 1990's.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm voting good ol' Comedy.

But the art for Action is simply bad ***.
I think I am going to check Pearl and Marina 's conversation on this soon.

Edit:
Also, something that I just need to get offy chest... Despite I own Switch, the reason why I never own Wii U... Is because the fact that I was a pure handheld gamer (Not to be confused with mobile gamer), so I never really bought a home console myself... N64, SNES were bought from yard sale by my sis, GC was also from my sis when she was a Nintendo fan (now she isn't sadly), Wii was from my aunt... I only have handheld like GBA SP, DS lite, and eventually 3DS...and if it wasn't the release of New 3DS XL, I wouldn't have neglected the Wii U at all.

And this is also due to many reasons...
- My dad was strict on video games... So owning a handheld was not only just cheap but also better to hide my games...
- Most games I like were on handheld, such Mario, Pokémon, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and even Smash Bros and Xenoblade were eventually on the 3ds as well.
- I don't have that much time playing games... Therefore I can only do quick gaming...
- I take bus when I was a student, and even to this day sometimes... So again, this is why handheld is for me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I had the greatest fight ever in X2.
Basically, my party of Tora, Nia and Morag, level 44, just defeated a unique monster level 47 at Lefteria.

Let me tell you first that, this monster attacked me in my back while I was fighting others monsters. So I wasn't prepared at all.

Secondly, while we were able to tank hits and heal pretty fast. Our damages were miserables at first, so this fight lasted awhile.

As time move on, as I accumule Elemental Orbs to deliver a big chain attack. The unique monster, like any boss who suck at dealing damages. Summon alot of annoying enemies that, little by little, kill our party one by one. As we kill the minion, the unique monster, of course, resummon monsters again. Morag die, I ressurect her, but I see that, if I don't start my chain attack soon enough, we will die.

So, we try our best to stay alive. We fill back up the party gauge, and right as I see that we are almost dead, I begin the chain atttack. Which, thanks to the 4-5 elemental orbs I gained. Almost deplete the unique monster entire life bar.

As it's almost dead (while most of the creatures he summoned died in the blast), it try one last new attack which is summoning thunder on all of us. But sadly for it, it doesn't kill anyone. And at last, it finally die after a long fight and my entire party gain a level up from that

I tell you, this is the greatest fight I ever had in Xenoblade 2 so far. And this prove me that, while Xenoblade 2 isn't a perfect game by any mean, it has it's flaw for sure, the gameplay isn't one of the. On this day, I will defend the gameplay, because when you master it, it is just a pure joy to play.

Finally, one last note before I go, Unique Monster named
Perplexed Stoyan, you tried to bring me down while I wasn't looking. But your effort were in vain!! 'CUZ THEY WERE NOTHING CONTRARY TO THE STRENGHT THAT MY DETERMINATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, that's all I said. I feel good, now, I'm going to take a nap or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom