• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mfw the allied units kill the enemies with drops and steal a Brave Axe and an Imbued Lance from me but you didn't save state before that turn and you don't wanna restart the whole map
33b1b913-21e1-40d0-a32a-a8435d7dcc09.png

okay lets play a hypothetical game
arms is going to get 6 characters in smash and its locked in that Springman, Max Brass and Dr Coyle will be in
pick the last three characters to be in the game
for me it'd be
ribbon girl
minmin
misango
Are we sure they aren't FE characters?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I convinced my family to have Christmas early, LOL.

I'm flipping through the Splatoon artbook before I start XC2.

. . .Holy squid, there's actual lore dating back to the original game behind the funky looking watermelons at Mako Mart, LOL.

. . .Actually, aren't watermelons typically used as substitutes for human heads during stuff like munitions shenanigans? If it's a game to shoot them open and see what color the inside turns out as. . .

Dang, that ink might actually hit kind of hard, LOL.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People are going on about this Catherine """controversy""" on Twitter and stuff now and I hate how all talk on the game is just going to be about that for the next year and nobody is going to talk about all of the other things the game is doing like adding an online mode that will expand the competitive scene that has miraculously stayed alive all these years, new scenes for the old characters, more endings even for the original two love interests, and how the addition of Rin could effect the underlying themes of the narrative, for better or worse.

And all this outrage is gonna be for nothing because she will be neither trans or a cross dressing boy but instead will be a sexless angel I mean she LITERALLY has an angel wing pattern on the back of her outfit

View attachment 134582
It’s pretty obvious but people need something to ***** about.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It’s pretty obvious but people need something to ***** about.
And since making that post, I've uncovered more evidence.

Right after the crotch shot in the trailer, it plays the "Hallelujah!" choir (in the original game, this was used after clearing a night). Which of course has heavenly connotations.

Also, a press release describes her personality as being "healing and supportive, with a gentle and sweet voice", and that while she's a bit clumsy, she'll always do her best to help Vincent. She's also going to help him in the nightmares in some way. Combined with the fact she is a pianist at the bar, meaning you can regularly talk to her in person rather than just texting her, it gives off a guardian angel vibe. No matter where Vincent is or who he decides to pursue as a love interest, Rin will always be there to support him. Which is pretty angelic a thing to do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, good news for those excited for MHA: One's Justice but don't have a PS4 or Switch
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/hero-ac...roducer-talks-multiplatform-strategy-subtitle
It's being released on XBox One and PC... everywhere but Japan.

Like, why? I get those consoles aren't as popular in Japan but it surely wouldn't hurt to at least release them digitally there.
Wait a minute... Sony is from Tokyo, Japan.... and Xbox is from Microsoft.... and Microsoft is from America..... odd?? An explanation would be interesting to hear.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Romancing Saga 2 is on the Switch. It’s not bad but a bit confusing cause it kinda just starts.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
okay lets play a hypothetical game
arms is going to get 6 characters in smash and its locked in that Springman, Max Brass and Dr Coyle will be in
pick the last three characters to be in the game
for me it'd be
ribbon girl
minmin
misango
Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Helix

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So Kitase just confirmed a huge popular theory amongst the Final Fantasy fanbase, and that is that FF7 and FF10 take place in the same world.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Wait, I thought that had already been confirmed somewhere.
Still cool for it to be re-iterated.

I suppose that makes it kind of fitting that I'm playing FFVII after I've already played FFX.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I just remembered how the Vita version of Digimon World looks pretty much like a Nintendo 64 game but somehow worse.

Like why... Why even bother at this point.
Even PlayStation 4 version's graphics doesn't look like PS4 standard and more like it could be ported to Switch. I know having Digimon games on a Nintendo Console is impossible, but man can dream... I guess.
They can definetly do Xenoblade anime. Especially both Chron icles 1 and 2. Good characters and OST. SPeaking of OST, anyone now the music from this scene? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u74m9pfLZcc
Nah, maybe not 1 but just 2. And perhaps an anime shorts would do and that doesn't spoil the entire story.

D

Deleted member

I hate it when games just start. I prefer them to just end. That way, I don't have to play them.

:007:
Nice joke, but then why did you even buy the games in the first place if you want it to end? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just watched the first 3 episodes for Marvel's Runaways.

It's a pretty good series so far and its got a lot of depth, definitely worth watching imo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Saitodude posted a new artwork of La Pyra to celebrate XC2's update.
Legit looks better than the official one.

W H E R E ' S M Y T H R A ?

Chrono.

Saitodude posted a new artwork of La Pyra to celebrate XC2's update.
Legit looks better than the official one.

W H E R E ' S M Y T H R A ?
On that note
Where's Pneuma?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^damn, thwarted again by excessive spoiler tags. You sonnabeach.

*Sigh* I'm bored. Giving my hands a break from gaming/computer today because I reeeeally don't want carpel tunnel syndrome. As soon as they start to hurt I take a break. The last wrist injury I got took several months to heal. Currently I have a pencil stuck in my brace and am pecking at the keys.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
On that note
Where's Pneuma?
Im sure they're going to keep her unmentioned along 20XX Nia and maybe PoppiQT3.1415926535 for a while; probably until the DLC content gets a formal announcement.
Kinda sucks because I wanna see the artwork of Pyra Verde to understand her armor.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dissidia NT Japanese beta is currently live. Having fun.

Here's the current roster rotation.

IMG_20171223_093758.jpg

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Even PlayStation 4 version's graphics doesn't look like PS4 standard and more like it could be ported to Switch. I know having Digimon games on a Nintendo Console is impossible, but man can dream... I guess.

Nah, maybe not 1 but just 2. And perhaps an anime shorts would do and that doesn't spoil the entire story.
How is it impossible?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dissidia NT Japanese beta is currently live. Having fun.

Here's the current roster rotation.

View attachment 134585
Ject but no Aron? No Locke? Lightning? Booooooo

Real talk, I actually like Lightning in FF13. She and Hope had a very good story arc with a lot of character development. After that they made her another brooding anime edgelord. I did not like 13-2 and 3.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ject but no Aron? No Locke? Lightning? Booooooo

Real talk, I actually like Lightning in FF13. She and Hope had a very good story arc with a lot of character development. After that they made her another brooding anime edgelord. I did not like 13-2 and 3.
on the bright side the only 2 good characters in the full roster are in rotation, im ofcourse speaking of onion knight and ramza

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't understand a word of it but the cutscenes they have in the Dissidia beta are great. The animation is really detailed. I was expecting them to half ass it and just use stock animations a lot but it's more thoroughly animated.

Also I unlocked some costumes but they were all for characters not in the current rotation. Was really hoping to get Y'shtola's Heavensward skin.

D

Deleted member

This TT can't come soon enough, I'm in dire need of Orbs.

Jaffar, please come home! I miss you! Nino misses you! Even Ursula misses you!
images (3).png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This TT can't come soon enough, I'm in dire need of Orbs.

Jaffar, please come home! I miss you! Nino misses you! Even Ursula misses you!
View attachment 134587
Sonia would have been better.

I don't think Ursala ever disliked Jaffar. They'd been working together for years after all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know, the number of times I've gone out of my way to correct people on Capcom's promise not to release new versions of SFV (that don't make the vanilla version obsolete, something many didn't seem to pick up on) is astounding to me.

It's like they read the title of an article that poorly summarised it and ran with it without getting anymore details -_-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonia would have been better.

I don't think Ursala ever disliked Jaffar. They'd been working together for years after all.
I mean, yeah, but Sonia isn't in FEH much less in my barracks. And it better stay that way

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
How is it impossible?
Were here any Digimon videogame on Nintendo console or even handheld consoles? And for me Digimon was used to be a bit of a competitor of Pokemon, just not in a direct way, Pokemon were more popular on game while Digimon was more popular on its toys.

Also the most recent chapter of MHA...

Endeavor ... for some reason wasn't the Endeavor as we used to know... now I sort of think he is a pretty good hero... that said, I am curious to know why he suddenly ask All Might for advice...

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The new Infernal Navarre GHB was so easy, I beat it using some guy with a stick (and a few dancers with no sticks at all).
Stacking up so much post-combat damage is oddly satisfying, and that's not even the most he can do. Healers are actually fun to use now.

Vantage ended up being a bit useless on him - I put it there to ward off the thieves at first, but it turned out he didn't need it. Oh well, I needed to get rid of some of my 49 million extra Lon'qus at some point anyway, and I think it looks more impressive that Lucius won without needing to use Wrathful Staff.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I managed to get a full Rush Mode Run in on the Dissidia NT Beta before I had to leave for work.

The CPUs are kinda BS at higher levels, but I found a cheesy strat for the crystal breaking matches using Y'shtola and managed to get through using that.

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014

Yea. And srsly tho, does anyone know that background ost!?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yea. And srsly tho, does anyone know that background ost!?
I didn't watch the video to prevent potential spoilers, sorry...

You can go and search it on Youtube I guess...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom