• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a video game.

It is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is now available for the Nintendo Switch, a console that costs $300, while the game itself is $60.
There is also a special Xenoblade Chronicles 2 themed Pro controller that costs $75

Ivander

Smash Legend

It is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is now available for the Nintendo Switch, a console that costs $300, while the game itself is $60.
Except in Canada.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Read DBS summary spoilers.

By the next episode Universe 4 is out and so is Piccolo. Then it's U7 vs U3, meanwhile Vegeta may be going 1v1 against Jiren in an attempt to unlock Ultra Instinct.

D

Deleted member

I don't know which one is worse: the boringness and atrocious writing of classic literature or the pretentious meta structure that adds nothing to the story of modern literature.
I ****ing hate being forced to read books like this, they're bad, they're just bad, who thought these were something to be acclaimed?
Actually, scratch that, modern literature is worse because most of it still has the atrocious writing.

I disagree, I think it's only a sequel to XC1 so your opinion is wrong

Chrono.

Oh ****.

Yuya Takahashi (the guy behind the GODLY looking ep 114 and the one hour special) is coming back for DBS episode 122.

which is very implied to be Vegeta vs Jiren.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Sees title* Oh right I almost forgot.

Can't wait for the crap ton of cringey ads and product placement! (of course I still like the show to see who wins and big reveals).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah forgot to share this but I made lukas a god. @Shishœ was right lukas is under appreciated. He literally killed 7 teams in arena back to back for me yesterday. No mages made him unstoppable. I think I’m going to merge him when I get more lukas. Here’s the stats mine reaches currently with a hp and def plus slaying lance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

By the next episode Universe 4 is out and so is Piccolo. Then it's U7 vs U3, meanwhile Vegeta may be going 1v1 against Jiren in an attempt to unlock Ultra Instinct.
I want to see what the Robots are truly capable of.

R.I.P Prince Vegetable? Also, I just knew it had to be either Piccolo or 18 next. Neither of the two had the buildup that Gohan and Frieza had. And it's been forever since 17 even had screentime, so he has to stay a little longer.

Chrono.

I want to see what the Robots are truly capable of.

R.I.P Prince Vegetable? Also, I just knew it had to be either Piccolo or 18 next. Neither of the two had the buildup that Gohan and Frieza had. And it's been forever since 17 even had screentime, so he has to stay a little longer.
I wouldn't be surprised if he bites the bullet there.

I always felt they were gonna use Vegeta as a "shock" elimination to build up tension, so I expected him to get eliminated not super early but not that late in the tournament so now would be a good time as any, I think.

I'm just hoping he does unlock his own version of Ultra Instinct.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ooh look new overwatch game mode and skins for winter wonderland starting the 12th!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh ****.

Yuya Takahashi (the guy behind the GODLY looking ep 114 and the one hour special) is coming back for DBS episode 122.

which is very implied to be Vegeta vs Jiren.
*Sees DBS spoilers I've never heard of before*

TO /r/DBZ I GO! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Wait, Katoplesa gets elimanated?!

I don't believe it... :(

Thank goodness U4 is getting elimanated. That rat is so annoying :glare:

The U3 stuff sounds hella hype, with Gohan is getting more screen time, but I'm hoping Vegeta doesn't get eliminated vs. Jiren :(

The good news is that Yuya Takahasi is back for the said episode, so I feel better about the possibility of Vegeta getting eliminated already. If he goes down, at least it will be with style :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Sees title* Oh right I almost forgot.

Can't wait for the crap ton of cringey ads and product placement! (of course I still like the show to see who wins and big reveals).
If it helps, Geoff mentioned wanting to tone down on the Dorito Pope/Razor Robot type of things in order to make the Awards seem more...prestigious, I guess?

There will probably still be a couple though, as is tradition. :p
I don't know which one is worse: the boringness and atrocious writing of classic literature or the pretentious meta structure that adds nothing to the story of modern literature.
I ****ing hate being forced to read books like this, they're bad, they're just bad, who thought these were something to be acclaimed?
Actually, scratch that, modern literature is worse because most of it still has the atrocious writing.

Which book?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

If neither classic or modern literature is considered good writing by you, then what do you consider good writing?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ooh look new overwatch game mode and skins for winter wonderland starting the 12th!
Oh, so we know that 3 characters are getting skins for Winter Wonderland, Hanzo, Junkrat and Roadhog. And by what Jeff is saying, we may actually be getting this Hanzo look for his new skin, from last year's Christmas comic Reflections.

Pretty awesome for those who wanted this and it's a pretty nice look for him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of things no one ever told me existed:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/666150/Prehistoric_Kingdom/

This currently has a demo and a Kickstarter. I'm downloading the demo as we speak, if it lives up to it's inspirations I may have to fund a Kickstarter for once.

I was looking for a Zoo Tycoon style game with dinosaurs and a decent number of animals on Steam months ago and there was nothing. Hope my laptop can run this well.

D

Deleted member

Mfw I finally figured out a way to beat the second map of SA4 without Lukas
Bless exact damage Brave Lance TA Clair
Oh yeah forgot to share this but I made lukas a god. @Shishœ was right lukas is under appreciated. He literally killed 7 teams in arena back to back for me yesterday. No mages made him unstoppable. I think I’m going to merge him when I get more lukas. Here’s the stats mine reaches currently with a hp and def plus slaying lance.
Lukas is the only unit in the entire game who I can trust with a horde of enemies without any worries, as soon as I get Innes I'm pairing the two up since Innes is a Res tank so he'll cover Lukas's weaknesses nicely.
If it helps, Jeff mentioned wanting to tone down on the Dorito Pope/Razor Robot type of things in order to make the Awards seem more...prestigious, I guess?

There will probably still be a couple though, as is tradition. :p

Which book?
It's more than one but it doesn't matter because they're all Brazilian.
Haven't read much from other countries to be able to tell if this is a confined problem or not.
If neither classic or modern literature is considered good writing by you, then what do you consider good writing?
Tbh, I think I exaggerated with the generalisation and, as I calrified, I'm talking about my nation's literature.
I can obviously find some actually good books but most of the ones who are considered essential just make me confused as to how they got all this praise.

Classical ones mostly just follow a base structure and hardly ever deviate from it but mostly innoffensive.
But modern books have this "pretentious" air to it by adding certain metalinguistic tools or unusual writing formats.
Like, to exemplify a bit, one of these books is a repetitive and predictable story that ends without an actual closure to any plot points, which is a critic many of my literature teachers have made against it, with the only thing that sets it apart being written in a diary format.
Another has a very poor excuse for a "police novel" with a confusing timeline, constant breaks of the fourth wall for no reason, a "the author did it" cop out, and ****ing Auguste Dupin showing up.

Like, I'm pretty sure this looks like I'm just whining here but I'm serious about this. It wouldn't be a problem if these were just some more books but I'm required to read these for my entrance exams because they're considered relevant enough.
Basically, it feels like when video game devs have this whole ambitious new thing they want to try out but end up forgetting what makes people actually play games in the first place.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Im going to enjoy seeing the kekekeke rat gone.

And getting the best animator working on the episode where Virginia gets his **** pushed is perfect.

Actual picture of @Shishœ.

Shishoe is my new waifu confirmed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Except in Canada.
It's absolutely ridiculous how Wii U/Switch/PS4/Xbox One games are $80 here.

It's not like our economy is in the ****ter or anything. Somehow some way the prices need to go down to a reasonable price.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Man, that Zootopia comic reached critical mass on Twitter.
I don't know how or why it happened I just remember seeing a post about it on Tumblr yesterday, it was just a panel on a reblog of another post that I don't remember the context of, but then I woke up this morning and it was ****ing everywhere with Arby's edits for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They're showing off merch on the Sonic stream and you can get an Infinite pin badge to show the world that you're not weak.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Man, that Zootopia comic reached critical mass on Twitter.
Are you referring to the infamous pro-life vs. pro-choice one? Because that's the only one that seemed to get a lot of hits on google as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom