• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Chrono. Chrono. I figured...

I finished reading that comic recently. While I think the art style is very well done and I do think the topic is a very important thing to discuss and shouldn't be taken lightly...it seems too dark for my liking, especially for a comic about characters from a Disney film. Dark elements can be a good thing, but this time I'm not really a fan. I have very mixed feelings on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So who do you guys think is taking the GOTY in the TGA anyway.

Zelda?
I'm torn. I want Mario to win, I'm expecting Zelda to win, and I can see an instance where Pubg wins because of the split Nintendo votes and Pubg's massive fan base.

It really depends on how much fan voting counts for.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I lowkey want Persona 5 to win GOTY and have them play Last Suprise to make the upset more epic.

Chrono.

I'm torn. I want Mario to win, I'm expecting Zelda to win, and I can see an instance where Pubg wins because of the split Nintendo votes and Pubg's massive fan base.

This is something I saw discussed on that recent GameXplain discussion.

Thing is, do we know if it's only fan votes that count towards it?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Fan voting is like 10% so it won't make a huge difference unless it's like a tie between PUBG and Zelda/Mario.

Who are the nominees again? My personal pick is BotW so I hope it wins anyways.
Actually, it's EOV
Mario, Zelda, PUBG, Persona 5 and Horizon.

can't wait for trending gamer winner to be a piece of **** *cough*boogie*cough*

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think the only game with no real shot is Persona 5, easily.

After that it seems more muddled.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If I were to guess, BotW>=Odyssey>PUBG>Horizon>Persona 5

BotW and Odyssey are self-explanatory, two Nintendo games that have a lot of hype and praise behind them and that's bound to make them the favorite of the five. PUBG is next because it seems to have a strong following from what I heard as well, but it depends on how split the Nintendo vote is as Opossum said. Persona 5 and Horizon I feel are screwed however since while both are great games (especially the latter), they seem to be the ones that will be overshadowed by the others.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing who wins between Metroid Samus Returns and Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia for Best Handheld game. Despite being remakes, Ever Oasis and Monster Hunter Stories are unfortunately doomed by their status and Yoshi has a tendency to slip through the cracks as well, so it comes down to those two and I'm wondering which one will come out on top.

Read DBS summary spoilers.
By the next episode Universe 4 is out and so is Piccolo. Then it's U7 vs U3, meanwhile Vegeta may be going 1v1 against Jiren in an attempt to unlock Ultra Instinct.
I'm kind of sad that Piccolo's going out against U4, I liked him fighting alongside Gohan so I'm going to miss seeing that dynamic for the rest of the arc. At the very least U4 will be out though so we can get more focus on U3 since they could use a good showing before going down. As for Vegeta, I hope he doesn't job to Jiren and instead they'll use the set-up for him to get UI.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How much you played? I played like 5 minuets... I don’t know if I like...
Yeah I played it for a good minute. I think im more of a fan of Turn based then real time combat
---
imma play This is Persona 5 wins any category

Imma play This is Persona 5 loses any catagory

Either way, I win:040:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shake up in bound for WB/DC seeing as Justice League is doing awful.

Look, when the ****ing JUSTICE LEAGUE might only make within spitting distance of Ant-Man, the worst MCU film (Thor 2: The Dark World) and Dr Strange then you know you ****ed up big time and need to sort **** out.

Well, it might be a hard road for them at this point. They rushed into things and their Flash movie is gonna be Flashpoint rather than his Origin, luckily for DC his show should be making them decent cash.

I say make a Static Shock movie. I'm serious, a lot of black people are interested in Black Panther(myself included) and I don't go to see every superhero film in theaters, the only three I did were Spider-Man 2002(one of the GOATs) the Hulk 2003(meh) and Wonder Woman. But I would make an exception for Static. They also don't need to split the focus on a whole team like they would if they made Teen Titans.

If DC can try and compete with Marvel, going after a specific audience kind of like Wonder Woman, doing so with Static would make sense to me. He's got more nostalgia with the current generation than Black Panther, since as much as I like him, the height of his popularity was in the 70's. Of course, his movie will do fine, but just how much is another story.

Normally I don't care about that crap, and I still mostly don't I just want the characters I like to see get films. And I doubt we'll ever get a Spider-Man 2099 film or a solo Storm one. Obviously OG Spider-Man is still gonna get films, he's Marvel's best hero hands down(though I wish his recent comics were good outside the occasional issue.)

Meanwhile ****ing Miles is getting a film before either Miguel O'Hara or Static is personally disappointing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Although I don't have Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I did watch a full playthrough of the game and all of the story cutscenes. The game has a great story and a great cast of characters.

My favorite of the cast? Nia!

Having a nice Welsh accent is one thing, but to me, she has some of the best dialogue in the game. She has some nice sass with some awesome interactions with the other characters. Great backstory and character development too.

Pyra is cute and all, but Nia is best girl of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me. She needs some more love. I'll make her my avatar for the time being.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anyone know the run time of the Game Awards? I know the show starts proper at 1:30am for me, and I've got work tomorrow. It's a short shift and not until afternoon though, so I could probably watch if it's only an hour long.

A lot of my favourite games didn't make it on this year so I'm not too invested in the awards, I'm just curious about announcements.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't care too much for the VGA's outside of a potential reveal for some games. Espeacially if that game rhymes with either Bevil Bay Bry or Koul Kalibur.

Maybe get lucky and see a tiny bit more of Mega Man 11 or Spider-Man PS4.

If I were to give a shot guessing who'll win what, Zelda is probably getting GOTY, but from I what I've played of Odyssey, I think it should go to that. Too bad Metroid and Cuphead ain't on that list. Nor is Tekken 7, but whatever.

Does anyone know the run time of the Game Awards? I know the show starts proper at 1:30am for me, and I've got work tomorrow. It's a short shift and not until afternoon though, so I could probably watch if it's only an hour long.

A lot of my favourite games didn't make it on this year so I'm not too invested in the awards, I'm just curious about announcements.
I think it'll be around 8:30 EST. Award shows are usually at least an hour and a half. Many of which even being 2+ hours. But it could be shorter if they cut out some of the typical Hollywood BS. You can just watch it on Youtube or Twitch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today in corporate Twitter accounts tweeting about vidya.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Breath of the Wild DLC is pretty much a lock, I think. Plus it'd continue the tradition of having Breath of the Wild be at every TGA. :p

That being said, I think there's a chance for another reveal. I pretty much agree with Gamexplain that we could see our first look at either Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem 16. There's plenty reasons for and against each. Either way I'm confident that if we don't see them here we'll see them at the January Direct.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It’s usually like 3 hours iirc

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know we talked about the DC movie stuff. But Affleck is leaving the DCEU Flashpoint. So, if you at least didn't like his Batman, this might be good news.

Though I think it has more to do with the writing. Because who every was actually okay with Batman shooting people doesn't even understand the core concepts of the character. And I'm aware that earlier, waaaay eariler in the character's history, that wasn't the case.

That's like Spider-Man being alright with Uncle Ben getting shot. Or Superman being an edgelord.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, this is actually a pretty nice detail
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqbqft
I hope all the other Fates children keep this sentence in their summoning quotes.
Breath of the Wild DLC is pretty much a lock, I think. Plus it's continue the tradition of having Breath of the Wild be at every TGA. :p

That being said, I think there's a chance for another reveal. I pretty much agree with Gamexplain that we could see our first look at either Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem 16. There's plenty reasons for and against each. Either way I'm confident that if we don't see them here we'll see them at the January Direct.
I really want to see FE16 just to see the artstyle.
Part of me wants Hidari to come back because SoV's art was the best FE has ever looked but another part of me also wants to see a new artstyle.
I'd kill for the artist to be Akihiro though(the guy who did Jagen, Zephiel and Gunter in FEH), but I think he'd fit more with a potential FE4 remake

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

So I learned that Gen 3 for Pokemon GO is here a few days later than y'all.
Look at Treecko. Such a proud boy. Love it.

I'd like to catch the Treecko line, but it's just a shame that I COULD NEVER PROPERLY START POKEMON GO BECAUSE MY DEVICE WOULDN'T LET ME FULLY DOWNLOAD IT BECAUSE IT WAS OVER 100MB AND EVENTUALLY TIME PASSED THE FAD PHASE AND NOW I'VE LOST MY HOMETOWN AGAIN GODAMMIT.

---

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Screenshot_20171207-223345~2.png

Loss is Famine
Buenos Dias Mandy is Conquest
Bike Cuck is War
Zootopia Arby's is Death
Tbh, I think Bike Cuck gets too much **** for a comic that was meant to be a satire of that sort of thinking

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BotW DLC is a safe bet on what Nintendo could show at the awards.

If past award show reveals tell us anything, it's definitely won't be a brand new title.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Although I don't have Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I did watch a full playthrough of the game and all of the story cutscenes. The game has a great story and a great cast of characters.

My favorite of the cast? Nia!

Having a nice Welsh accent is one thing, but to me, she has some of the best dialogue in the game. She has some nice sass with some awesome interactions with the other characters. Great backstory and character development too.

Pyra is cute and all, but Nia is best girl of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me. She needs some more love. I'll make her my avatar for the time being.
I see you're a man of culture as well.

Finally I can share with someone the...

...pain of seeing Nia revealing her killer hips and getting Melia'd anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Great now im going to walk out of VGAs disappointed. FE16 is probably the game I most need to see to see (since im sure MP4 and Pikmin 4 will be great).

Now I have to go take my hopes out behind the shed.
I mean hey, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. had a spotlight at the Game Awards. If that could happen I wouldn't say it's hopeless. Plus if Shadows of Valentia gets Best Handheld game and when Heroes gets Best Mobile game, it'd offer a nice segue into the reveal.

Not a guarantee. Far from it. But it has some things going for it. Keeping my expectations low though and just anticipating the BotW DLC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know we talked about the DC movie stuff. But Affleck is leaving the DCEU Flashpoint. So, if you at least didn't like his Batman, this might be good news.

Though I think it has more to do with the writing. Because who every was actually okay with Batman shooting people doesn't even understand the core concepts of the character. And I'm aware that earlier, waaaay eariler in the character's history, that wasn't the case.

That's like Spider-Man being alright with Uncle Ben getting shot. Or Superman being an edgelord.
Wasn't Batman in Flashpoint Thomas Wayne though? I know Batman is a symbol yadda yadda but it was probably Bruce doesn't use guns, not Batman, being the justification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom