• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Meh, Xenoblade 2 did nothing wrong
Obligatory...

"It's just fiction" is one of the stupidest, laziest arguments one could ever make.
I guess don't even understand fiction...
lmao defending bad horny subservient girl character designs isnt gonna do you any favors irl
Lmao
Bashing bad horny subservient girl character's design(which she isn't btw) from a T rated game is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in this thread.
This is not defending since I don't really care about her design...
But saying her design is bad and should be "improved" is a no-go, especially the game you are talking about a game that is rated T...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Decides to use a Pyra avi cuz Xenoblade hype a day before this discussion happens.

Welp.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone who makes Sayori-related puns is getting deleted, she's a real 2D woman and she deserves respect
But even the game's OST does it.

Sayo-Nara.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I can understand feeling that Pyra's design isn't enough to drive one away from playing Xenoblade 2, as IMO the previous games have set enough of a precedent for uncomfortable designs that if those were acceptable to play then I don't see why Xenoblade 2 suddenly isn't.
Yeah the designs of Xenoblade 2 aren't driving me away but they make me feel uncomfortable as hell. Bear in mind Xenoblade 1 is my favourite game ever and that still has Sharla with some really disgusting gear. It's a blight on an otherwise fantastic game.

Actually going so far as to try to defend Pyra's design on the other hand just confuses the heck out of me.

Dismissing it entirely and borderline accusing the thread of being cucks confuses me several degrees harder.
Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive exist plus Gamergate was a thing.
It's not confusing. It's disappointing.

You are defending it though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Feminist crap" and "liberal circle jerk" remind me why I hope the alt-right gets with the times sometime soon.
Atleast he never mentioned snowflakes.

Obligatory...

I guess don't even understand fiction...

Lmao
Bashing bad horny subservient girl character's design(which she isn't btw) from a T rated game is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in this thread.
But saying her design is bad and should be "improved" is a no-go, especially the game you are talking about a game that is rated T...
I don’t know man... sounds like you’re defending it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay folks...

I think we're getting a bit confrontational here.

I say we move on for now. Everyone has had their say.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone who makes Sayori-related puns is getting deleted, she's a real 2D woman and she deserves respect
All of the dokis need to be protec

They just need different kinds of protecin

Sayori needs loving, dedicated support. And maybe some meds.

Natsuki needs nourishment.

Yuri needs a counsellor.

Monika needs to spend an evening in detention to think about what she's done.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't you dare try me, Opossum, I am very well aware of where Chrom's character file is located
Would you mind putting it in the Smash Roster folder?

:^)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, uhh...

... I was playing Smash earlier. 2v2 on For Glory. My Charizard playing partner got 10 kills.

Keep in mind team matches are 2 minutes long.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eh, the discussion is fine and it's not like people were throwing insults except for maybe 1 guy.

Thinking it's 6 cause they got nothing at this point.
The next episode hints at plural so Goku is gonna eliminate that trio from 2 also.

D

Deleted member

All of the dokis need to be protec

They just need different kinds of protecin

Sayori needs loving, dedicated support. And maybe some meds.

Natsuki needs nourishment.

Yuri needs a counsellor.

Monika needs to spend an evening in detention to think about what she's done.
Bad and naughty children are sent to the trash can to atone for their sins
Would you mind putting it in the Smash Roster folder?

:^)
Sure, seding him to the trash was my plan from the start anyways

Chrono.

Ah, just checked the summary spoilers for DBS.

Both Universe 2 and 6 will be out in the next couple of eps. Universe 4 is probably next.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Okay folks...

*delets long draft about my thoughts on Pyra*

Thank ****

Thinking it's 6 cause they got nothing at this point.
Y’all ready to say goodbye to Universe 6 and 2 this weekend?
The next episode title says "Universes erased" so yeah, stuff will get more serious this weekend.

However I think U6 might be able to stay longer via loophole if the "Piccolo merges with the Nameks" thing happen.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
When it comes to the Xenoblade 2 character designs, I've had the same reaction to nearly all of them:

"Look cool" "Looks fine" "Okay"

I've had trouble figuring out whether my reason for these feelings are that I have good tolerance, or weird standards.

But after these past two pages, I've come to the conclusion that I think I just don't care anymore.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What universe is goku and co on again?
Their universe is 7.

*delets long draft about my thoughts on Pyra*

Thank ****

The next episode title says "Universes erased" so yeah, stuff will get more serious this weekend.

However I think U6 might be able to stay longer via loophole if the "Piccolo merges with the Nameks" thing happen.
Wait since when is this a thing?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I might be changing my plans for picking up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I've yet to finish the first Xenoblade with the save file I have on the Wii U, so I might want to clear it from my backlog and maybe save picking up XC2 til around Christmas time. I've got plenty of time to spend a few hours a day trying to finish XC1, so I think I'll try to finish it by Christmas to get ready for XC2.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d like to see Goku fight Geene at some point in the future.

Geene is the god of destruction for universe 12.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Their universe is 7.

People really want Piccolo to get a power-up, even if it makes no sense for the U6 Namekians to sacrifice themselves and their universe in order to do so. (I'm a big fan of Piccolo, but I have no idea how this idea gained any ground)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Their universe is 7.

The Namek merge theory has been a thing since the fight between them and Piccolo.
If they fuse U6 is left without active fighters, but as they're one with Piccolo that means they're still on the field.
So if Piccolo is knocked out, then U6 is toast.

I don't thing that's going to happen tho; probably Piccolo will save Gohan's *** for the 78th time and get ringed out. Gohan gets mad and Masenkos the Namekdudes, as Goku Kamehamehas the U2 dudes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y’all ready to say goodbye to Universe 6 and 2 this weekend?
R.I.P Hit. You'll be the only one I'll miss. Still, if Gohan and Piccolo have a decent fight coming there, way, I'll be happy enough with that.

So, uhh...

... I was playing Smash earlier. 2v2 on For Glory. My Charizard playing partner got 10 kills.

Keep in mind team matches are 2 minutes long.
He had really good stats then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
R.I.P Hit. You'll be the only one I'll miss. Still, if Gohan and Piccolo have a decent fight coming there, way, I'll be happy enough with that.

He had really good stats then.
Well Vegeta said he’d wish fir Universe 6 back if he wins.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did play the first one back in 2012. Wasn't my cup of tea, hence why I'm not gonna buy 2 when I get a Switch. Not for me, really.
Then just say "You don't like Xenoblade" in the first place... and that's perfectly fine. And tbh and in my opinion then this even confirms more that you shouldn't even argue me with this...
And in that case, sorry if I became ignorant but I think I am not going to give a hoot on your later rebuttal since this game isn't your cup of tea in the first place.
This is also why you never see me talk about FEH in this thread when a lot are talking about it because ...I don't like FEH...

I can understand feeling that Pyra's design isn't enough to drive one away from playing Xenoblade 2, as IMO the previous games have set enough of a precedent for uncomfortable designs that if those were acceptable to play then I don't see why Xenoblade 2 suddenly isn't.
If those do then they are just being paranoid... in my opinion...

I don’t know man... sounds like you’re defending it.
And your point? Is Xenoblade 2 a bad game? Have I said Pyra's outfit is the best?
I would rather defend on XC2's disappointed meta score (To me at least) than this crape...
You are defending it though.
And you aren't even attacking...pffff
That said, check my clarification below to gety stance on this.
These aren't even one word apart
Further clarify...
Disliking her design is okay, but you say that less skin design in T rated game is bad sounds pretty ridiculous So in my opinion...

No comment/fair point:
Gonna buy Xenoblade, but dislike Pyra's design.

Don't care:
Not interested in Xenoblade but still criticize those trifle stuff anyway.

mario123007 mario123007 dont feel bad, alright
Id be lying if I say this doesnt happen a lot sometimes here from experience but dont feel bad
I would be lying if I say I don't, that said I think this discussion/debate is unfairly performed and completely lose focus. This is where I am pissed off at.
My not so good analogy is there is a picture ina museum that is nearly considered a master piece but some people kept judging on its tiny flaw...
Sometimes people seems to forget what a T rated games tend to be...
Eh, the discussion is fine and it's not like people were throwing insults except for maybe 1 guy.
Eh, hope that doesn't implies to me, if I did unintentionally I apologize...
When it comes to the Xenoblade 2 character designs, I've had the same reaction to nearly all of them:

"Look cool" "Looks fine" "Okay"

I've had trouble figuring out whether my reason for these feelings are that I have good tolerance, or weird standards.

But after these past two pages, I've come to the conclusion that I think I just don't care anymore.
In my opinion this wasn't even what we should be focusing if we are interested in the game.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hope U6 comes back.

I need Caulifla Blue in my life.
*gets hit with a fan*

Rizen

Smash Legend
95% of smashboards is dead :urg:

I don't even watch DBS and want Piccolo to get powered up. The Sayans have been stealing the show since the Freeza saga ended.

Anyone like DBZ Abridged?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
95% of smashboards is dead :urg:

I don't even watch DBS and want Piccolo to get powered up. The Sayans have been stealing the show since the Freeza saga ended.

Anyone like DBZ Abridged?
*Raises Hand*

Pretty much the only Dragon Ball stuff I get into currently.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay folks...

Sorry but I really think some here, seems to misjudge Xenoblade Chronicles 2 A LOT... And even when on criticizing the game's trifling stuff even when not interested into the game...
That said, these are my opinions and sorry I am defending this game like a fanboy (Which I have no shame to say I am) ... From those unreasonable criticisms...
So I agree, and this is very very bad when the thing we discuss right before the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launch... Was about Pyra's design...

Some just dislike those kind of designs in general is totally fine. I mean there are more T rated games have the same fair share of criticisms.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well Vegeta said he’d wish fir Universe 6 back if he wins.
Probably will happen. But it'll the other 3 Saiyans who I don't care for getting screentime, rather than Hit. I wouldn't mind seeing more from that universe though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom