• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Let's see what I get on the Hinoka/Takumi banner."

"Oh, three blues. I'll pull all three, maybe I'll get another Cla-"

Well that's not Clair but I'll take it, wow.
Nice! I was trying for hinoka but only had two blues and the a session with 3 colorless and two red. I pulled the first colorless and got takumi though. He was minus speed plus attack and I already had him so o fed him to Jacob for close counter. Pretty happy with that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nice! I was trying for hinoka but only had two blues and the a session with 3 colorless and two red. I pulled the first colorless and got takumi though. He was minus speed plus attack and I already had him so o fed him to Jacob for close counter. Pretty happy with that.
Thing is I kinda wish I didn't pull her because now I'm confused.

I already had Hinoka from a few weeks ago, and I already made a start on building her and incorporating her into my Flier team. She was +Def, -Atk which is supposed to be kind of unfavourable, but I actually haven't minded it since I don't use Hinoka for attacking as much as the other members of my Flier team and her Def is actually solid now, especially with a +Def seal. I'm also considering giving her Fury or +Def, or even Fortress Defense in her A slot, to make her even more tanky, and maybe giving her a weapon that better compliments that, as well as a defensive special. Combined with Fortify and Ward Fliers, I could probably get her close to 50 Def. Oh, not to mention the upcoming Weapon Refinery, which as Feh demonstrated with Effie, can provide a Def buff on the Weapon.

IMG_20171116_164831.jpg

But the new Hinoka I pulled is +Atk, -Res, which is usually considered optimal, but like I said I don't even think I need her to be a powerful attacker and I don't think she would get to the level of my Clair, Elincia, and Minerva anyway (and H!Nowi since I got her too, haven't trained her yet though).

Either way, the obvious thing to do with a spare Hinoka is to give someone else her Hone Fliers, but even then, the only character I can think of giving it to is Clair, who already is running Def Ploy (formerly Threaten Def, I need to experiment and see which I like more). Nobody else really could use it since I plan to have either Hinoka or H!Nowi on my Flier team anyway.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest, no regrets
Still a WIP, he has to learn Swap, QR2 and Threaten Atk 3. And Slaying Lance when that becomes avaible to him. Bonfire is gonna proc every round of combat he can counter so he can deal some damage.
I actually like the Crippling Overspecialization he has, subpar Atk, ****ty Spd and what is Res but his physical bulk is through the roof.

I'd love a Fortress Def seal, can you imagine 52 Def? For now, I'll be taking the +Def seal amd slowly work towards upgrading it because I still can't upgrade anything to rank 3

And he's gonna be in the same team as Sigurd so they'll be tanking for days.
I love cheating in those.

I felt there was a lot to do in Wooded imo but I was disappointed in the Deep Woods area.

It's funny though I expected him to be in this round of scans.
Deep Woods is actually my main problem with it, I don't know what that area is supposed to be, there are just so many Moons in it and no way to know where the **** you are
Normally I don't care for harem comedy anime (which is ironic since my favourite anime is actually one), but this kept showing up on my news feed on YouTube at the very top and I just had to get rid of it because of the thumbnail.

Wasn't expecting it to actually make me laugh though.

https://youtu.be/v6RZvDNCBDY
This is so ****ing good, what the hell.
Is this supposed to be a Visual Novel parody? Because it looks great if the whole show is like this.

I already had Hinoka from a few weeks ago, and I already made a start on building her and incorporating her into my Flier team. She was +Def, -Atk which is supposed to be kind of unfavourable, but I actually haven't minded it since I don't use Hinoka for attacking as much as the other members of my Flier team and her Def is actually solid now, especially with a +Def seal. I'm also considering giving her Fury or +Def, or even Fortress Defense in her A slot, to make her even more tanky, and maybe giving her a weapon that better compliments that, as well as a defensive special. Combined with Fortify and Ward Fliers, I could probably get her close to 50 Def. Oh, not to mention the upcoming Weapon Refinery, which as Feh demonstrated with Effie, can provide a Def buff on the Weapon.

View attachment 133895

But the new Hinoka I pulled is +Atk, -Res, which is usually considered optimal, but like I said I don't even think I need her to be a powerful attacker and I don't think she would get to the level of my Clair, Elincia, and Minerva anyway (and H!Nowi since I got her too, haven't trained her yet though).

Either way, the obvious thing to do with a spare Hinoka is to give someone else her Hone Fliers, but even then, the only character I can think of giving it to is Clair, who already is running Def Ploy (formerly Threaten Def, I need to experiment and see which I like more). Nobody else really could use it since I plan to have either Hinoka or H!Nowi on my Flier team anyway.
Brave Lance can't be upgraded though, not even the simple stats so of she sticks with it she ain't gonna get any buffs.

I'd say merge your current Hinoka onto the new one if you want the +Atk but if you're fine with her as it is then just do the opposite
Anyone that has Fire Emblem Warriors, can you tell me if you are getting the new update or if Im the only one that isnt getting it

And if everyone ignores then Coricus Coricus , could you check?
Isn't the new update only coming out in Japan as of now?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll be honest, no regrets

Still a WIP, he has to learn Swap, QR2 and Threaten Atk 3. And Slaying Lance when that becomes avaible to him. Bonfire is gonna proc every round of combat he can counter so he can deal some damage.
I actually like the Crippling Overspecialization he has, subpar Atk, ****ty Spd and what is Res but his physical bulk is through the roof.

I'd love a Fortress Def seal, can you imagine 52 Def? For now, I'll be taking the +Def seal amd slowly work towards upgrading it because I still can't upgrade anything to rank 3

And he's gonna be in the same team as Sigurd so they'll be tanking for days.

Deep Woods is actually my main problem with it, I don't know what that area is supposed to be, there are just so many Moons in it and no way to know where the **** you are

Is this supposed to be a Visual Novel parody? Because it looks great if the whole show is like this.

Brave Lance can't be upgraded though, not even the simple stats so of she sticks with it she ain't gonna get any buffs.

I'd say merge your current Hinoka onto the new one if you want the +Atk but if you're fine with her as it is then just do the opposite

Isn't the new update only coming out in Japan as of now?
Both https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/928291885030010882
but the update for NA is for some reason not live at all and I wanted to know if I was thr only one borked

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Necalli is in ARMS and Adult Gohan and Kid Buu's in DBFZ. I've been waiting for more DBFZ news.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have no idea what the show is actually about, I just assume it's a harem comedy based on this scene.

I just wanted to get the thumbnail off the top of my feed because it was a bit much, but the scene was actually hilarious.

I know, I'm planning to give her a different weapon since a Brave Weapon wouldn't compliment a tanky build anyway due to the Spd reduction (and at this stage I think I'm going for the tanky build).

I'm gonna wait until the Weapon Refinery comes out though to see what the best options are.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Anyone that has Fire Emblem Warriors, can you tell me if you are getting the new update or if Im the only one that isnt getting it

And if everyone ignores then Coricus Coricus , could you check?
On it! *swaps in cart*

. . .Nope, I'm still on the launch patch. Checked for online updates twice before I booted it up, too. Must be later.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I finally got around to watching the Castlevania Netflix show. As someone who's never played Castlevania, I enjoyed it. Very gory though.

The cyclops fight was pretty awesome.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Speaking of Fire Emblem Heroes, I managed to solo Pineapple and Apple's BHB with Cherche.
+1 merged, +3 atk seal, Death Blow and +atk nature, but without summoner support.

Too bad I can't upgrade Brave Axe+ in the weapon refinery, the rest of my favorite heroes all have legendary weapons and I can't imagine the upgrade to Sealife Tome could beat the sheer power of a Fortify Fliered Blàrblade

With Hauteclere possibly getting an update I really want to pull a Minerva, but then again these specials won't be all this special judging Sigmund's extra upgrade being shown.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Minecraft is making people vote on which mob should be added. And they are only going to add one

The problem being flying mobs and sea mobs are both lacking, so it's going to suck missing out on one of those

Though the other two are just a land mob and a nether mob which are abundant

Edit: But the land mob has a unique ability which seems to make it popular

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So tomorrow I’m getting Ultra Moon (that’s out right?) and Switch Skyrim.

I’ve never been a fan of icy levels in Mario games. It wasn’t a terrible kingdom or anything, just my least liked. *shrugs*
I like snow worlds in mario I just hate that bouncy race **** with a passion.

D

Deleted member

With Hauteclere possibly getting an update I really want to pull a Minerva, but then again these specials won't be all this special judging Sigmund's extra upgrade being shown.
Siegmund is getting its Hone Atk 2 buffed to 3 and an inverse Brash Assault, how is it not that special? Hell, the skill isn't even avaible anywhere else.
Ephraim with Desperation+Brash Assault+Forged Sieugmund is the new meta

The ones I'm most excited for are the Fujin Yumi and Deathly Dagger buffs, I don't have Takumi or Jaffar but I've been wanting them for sometime so hopefully they get something useful
Inb4 Pass 3/Obstruct 1 and Poison Strike 3/Savage Blow 1

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Siegmund is getting its Hone Atk 2 buffed to 3 and an inverse Brash Assault, how is it not that special? Hell, the skill isn't even avaible anywhere else.
Ephraim with Desperation+Brash Assault+Forged Sieugmund is the new meta

The ones I'm most excited for are the Fujin Yumi and Deathly Dagger buffs, I don't have Takumi or Jaffar but I've been wanting them for sometime so hopefully they get something useful
Inb4 Pass 3/Obstruct 1 and Poison Strike 3/Savage Blow 1
I didn't notice the Hone Attack buff!
Boy that's gonna be good, I assume it's equivalent to Hone Attack 3 now?
That's very good which gives me great hopes about Hauteclere, even though I don't have Minerva yet myself

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looking at the list for Weapon Refinery, the characters I have upgradable Legendary weapons for are Takumi and Michalis. In terms of Legendary weapons that can change into existing powerful versions, I have Seliph, Eliwood, Linde and Merric.

I'm also curious on the new weapons, like the Armorsmasher, Slaying Spear, Slaying Hammer, the Keen Wolf Tomes and the Guard Bow. Supposedly in JP, the Guard Bow is called Distant Defense Bow. We already have Distant Defense 6(Distant Def 3 A-skill and Distant Def 3 Seal), could you imagine Bow users having Distant Def 9(+18 Def/Res against Tomes, Bows and Daggers)? With H!Jakob, he would have 51 Defense and 50 Res against ranged foes, not including Summoner & Ally Support.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't notice the Hone Attack buff!
Boy that's gonna be good, I assume it's equivalent to Hone Attack 3 now?
That's very good which gives me great hopes about Hauteclere, even though I don't have Minerva yet myself
Yeah, Hone Attack 3 now(+4 at the start of turn to adjacent allies) so he also outperforms Eirika in the buff department, even if only a little. For Blade Tome users, it becomes +2 damage and since they should be doubling, +4 damage per round of combat.
Eirika is crying right now
Looking at the list for Weapon Refinery, the characters I have upgradable Legendary weapons for are Takumi and Michalis. In terms of Legendary weapons that can change into existing powerful versions, I have Seliph, Eliwood, Linde and Merric.

I'm also curious on the new weapons, like the Armorsmasher, Slaying Spear, Slaying Hammer, the Keen Wolf Tomes and the Guard Bow. Supposedly in JP, the Guard Bow is called Distant Defense Bow. We already have Distant Defense 6(Distant Def 3 A-skill and Distant Def 3 Seal), could you imagine Bow users having Distant Def 9(+18 Def/Res against Tomes, Bows and Daggers)? With H!Jakob, he would have 51 Defense and 50 Res against ranged foes, not including Summoner & Ally Support.
I have... no one. Wish Jeorge would get his Parthia buffed because he isn't any other Bow user and I need a reason to not feather him. I'm still salty about getting him because I wanted H!Jakob

Please let Guard Bow just be +2 Def/Res because I already hate having to deal with armor teams with Jakob.
Though it makes no sense it goes from Daggerbreaker to Distant Def tbh
"+18 Def/Res Jakob with Armor buffs" is not something I wanna deal with

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 133895

. I see. Well if you want to make her bulky I'd say give her Fire sweep lance too so she can't be countered and save her some damage taken. A slaying or killing lance could work too. If you don't want to give anyone hone fliers you can always try merging them and boost a stat or too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finished it a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's worth it, especially on a sale.

Most of the camera issues have been dealt with so it's not as bad now. Same goes for the frame rate drops (though I was playing on a PS4 Pro with Boost Mode enabled so I don't know if that effects things).

I thought the second and third worlds were a bit meh, but the rest of them are great.
I bought it and got to the glacier so far. It's fun and I haven't had any major camera issues, though the controls feel like buttered silk on glass lol.

I saw the PS4 game Horizons: Zero Dawn at the store and it looks really good. I'll probably get that soon too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the characters I have that are getting their legendaries buffed are Takumi, Minerva, Michalis, and Ephraim.

And for the ones getting upgraded to a better weapon, Seliph and Julia.

I'm mostly concerned with what I can do for Clair and Elise, and now Hinoka, though.

I bought it and got to the glacier so far. It's fun and I haven't had any major camera issues, though the controls feel like buttered silk on glass lol.

I saw the PS4 game Horizons: Zero Dawn at the store and it looks really good. I'll probably get that soon too.
Horizon is really good too. Haven't finished it yet but that's because of some external factors. It deserves all of its GOTY nominations.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If mah boi El Jit is in DBFZ that means we're finally getting legit Super content in the game (as SSJB, Beerus and Golden Frieza technically are from Z)

Kale time. /s

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Getting Hit is pretty much all I could ask for at this point. Got most other characters I care about.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm guessing that, as far as Super content goes, it would be limited to Hit and Zamasu. (and Beerus, depending on whether you count him as a Z or Super character) Any character who showed up in the Tournament of Power would probably be DLC, since they wouldn't have shown much (if anything) by the time that development started.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hit, Zamasu and Goku Black are cool. Any other Super characters like Cabba, Frost, Jiren or whomever should be dlc.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since USUM is coming out tomorrow, I'd figure I'd share something that I think is worth checking out. It was something revealed during the leaks, but I haven't seen it being brought up here:

The full list of the updated Island Scan Pokemon for USUM has been revealed. For those that want to check out which Pokemon are new and which are returning, the locations for the new Island Scan Pokemon, and the schedule for when to catch them, this page on the Pokemon Reddit has all the information.

There is something that makes me happy about this updated Island Scan list:

Ralts is among the new Island Scan Pokemon!

Looks like there's officially going to be a Gallade on my story team! Fills good to use Gallade during the story again!

D

Deleted member

Ok, I did not know I needed this
Warning: adult language
It's, uhm, a thing

D

Deleted member

Since USUM is coming out tomorrow, I'd figure I'd share something that I think is worth checking out. It was something revealed during the leaks, but I haven't seen it being brought up here:

The full list of the updated Island Scan Pokemon for USUM has been revealed. For those that want to check out which Pokemon are new and which are returning, the locations for the new Island Scan Pokemon, and the schedule for when to catch them, this page on the Pokemon Reddit has all the information.

There is something that makes me happy about this updated Island Scan list:

Ralts is among the new Island Scan Pokemon!

Looks like there's officially going to be a Gallade on my story team! Fills good to use Gallade during the story again!
>Delphox
*coughs in disgust*
Also my boy Litwick comes with a worthless egg move smh.
So do most of my favorite Pokemon that appear as Island scan actually.

D

Deleted member

Oh thank **** it's a youtube series and not a CR exclusive, CR's awful for the Netherlands
I think it might be put on Youtube Red after this episode though, an YTR is, well, ****ty
Though there's also the option for Crunchyroll but those ads will kill me

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see I'm not the only one who thought of missingno with that guys name

I'm guessing that, as far as Super content goes, it would be limited to Hit and Zamasu. (and Beerus, depending on whether you count him as a Z or Super character) Any character who showed up in the Tournament of Power would probably be DLC, since they wouldn't have shown much (if anything) by the time that development started.
Maggeta would be fun dlc

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think it might be put on Youtube Red after this episode though, an YTR is, well, ****ty
Though there's also the option for Crunchyroll but those ads will kill me
Nah man, as someone who uses a nonpaid CR account, I have seen SO many ads for ****ty harem stuff, Berserk 2017 and Food Wars, CR, you have my search history and can see it's literally only Ultraman. Use that FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom