• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So.......I have questions...
1: Is there any particular reason why Lute keeps tabs on you with a journal?
2: I haven't played Sacred Stones a good amount yet. Did she do this to another character in her game?
3: Why would you have no dessert? And how does she know you took a bath?
Bonus: Lute X Saizo when?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People are apparently bothered that Anna wasn't in the Book II cinematic and then I saw this.

odyfv1rt87yz.png

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is Yooka-Laylee worth buying? I saw in reviews it had serious camera issues but someone also mentioned they might be patched. Did that happen?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Yooka-Laylee worth buying? I saw in reviews it had serious camera issues but someone also mentioned they might be patched. Did that happen?
I finished it a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's worth it, especially on a sale.

Most of the camera issues have been dealt with so it's not as bad now. Same goes for the frame rate drops (though I was playing on a PS4 Pro with Boost Mode enabled so I don't know if that effects things).

I thought the second and third worlds were a bit meh, but the rest of them are great.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Joshua's Audhulma is preceeded by a Slaying Edge. I just find it kind of neat because I thought all Legendary weapons were preceeded by their Silver versions
So.......I have questions...

1: Is there any particular reason why Lute keeps tabs on you with a journal?
2: I haven't played Sacred Stones a good amount yet. Did she do this to another character in her game?
3: Why would you have no dessert? And how does she know you took a bath?
Bonus: Lute X Saizo when?
Lute is just very socially awkward
She may be incredibly prideful and even come off as arrogant but she's actually a huge nerd, a big introvert and she can't take social cues
C Support
  • Lute: Hm... I wonder if... Oh, I see...
  • Artur: What are you doing, Lute?
  • Lute: Oh! I was just observing this chemida beetle.
  • Artur: You haven't changed at all, have you, Lute?
  • Lute: What do you mean?
  • Artur: You spent most of your time sequestered in your room, studying your books. On the rare occasion you went outside, you were paralyzed with fascination.
  • Lute: Of course! There are so many fascinating things to be learned from nature! There are a great many books out there, and I have read most of them, of course. But I've found that what is written can differ greatly from how things truly are. Take this chemida beetle, for example. I've been reading from "The Glossary of Falibrian Entomology" lately. According to the glossary, their wings fall off once they reach maturity. However, I have just found an adult beetle whose wings still work perfectly! Exceptions do exist to the rules my books outline. This is a rare specimen. I wonder, should we take it back with us?
  • Artur: Sigh... I hope this isn't another of your pranks.
  • Lute: My...pranks?
  • Artur: Do you remember when I loaned you my copy of "Lux Aeterna"? You replaced my bookmark with the tail of a sedgel lizard. You scared ten years off my life, I swear it!
  • Lute: Did I do that?
  • Artur: And! Knowing full well that I have a...mild...fear of spiders, you caught a small army of them and unleashed them in my room!
  • Lute: I thought that if I immersed you in the thing you feared, maybe you might be able to overcome your fear entirely! And I went to a lot of trouble trying to catch those spiders!
  • Artur: ...Why would you do that?
  • Lute: Well, I did get a bit of a kick out of the experience myself. Why? Did it bother you?
  • Artur: YES! Oh, don't worry about it. At least you did it because you cared about me, right? I'll just accept it as the best gesture of kindness you can manage, Lute.
B Support
  • Lute: Are you tired, Artur?
  • Artur: Huh...? Oh, no, I'm... ...... You're right. I am tired. How could you tell, Lute? I was trying my best not to show it.
  • Lute: Oh, come on! There's no one better than me at spotting things like this! I can tell, you're mentally exhausted.
  • Artur: I don't know what I expected, but... I had no idea war would be like this. One battle after another, overwhelming odds...and monsters!? In this day and age, we're fighting monsters from the legends and epics? I know how much is at stake, but sometimes...I get so tired.
  • Lute: When you're tired, there's nothing better than a good meal and a long sleep. And if you look at page 990 of "De Floris Mysticis," there's a special herb that, once decocted into a potion, will help relax your muscles. Look for the parfina flower, and reduce it into a thick syrup before drinking. Oh, and I hear music helps you sleep. If you like, I can hum something for you.
  • Artur: Thank you. However, I think I'll pass on your offer, delightful though your humming must be. You must be tired as well. Take care of yourself, and rest when you can.
  • Lute: I will. In fact, maybe I'll just hum to myself instead. Will you be all right?
  • Artur: I'm fine. I feel quite refreshed, in fact.
  • Lute: Refreshed? How so? Was it some new kind of magic?
  • Artur: Perhaps, from a certain point of view. Your every word has nurtured my soul...
  • Lute: Hm. I'm not sure I get it, but as long as you're feeling better!
A Support
  • Artur: Hello, Lute.
  • Lute: ......
  • Artur: What is it? You look like you have something on your mind.
  • Lute: Oh. No. I was just thinking about monsters.
  • Artur: Monsters?
  • Lute: Yes. All these monsters are our enemies, I know, but...they're not all bad, are they?
  • Artur: What are you talking about?
  • Lute: They're kind of cute, don't you think? I mean, like those revenants, for example.
  • Artur: It's fair to say I will never understand your tastes. Besides, I thought you enjoyed using them as, well, magic practice.
  • Lute: Oh, I do. I do indeed. I use my magic to rip them to shreds...with love, of course.
  • Artur: Your way of expressing love is somewhat frightening...
  • Lute: Do you think so? Thank you.
  • Artur: No... That wasn't a compliment. ... Should I, ah, expect you to attack me with magic, too?
  • Lute: Hm? Why would I attack you with my magic?
  • Artur: You don't get it?
  • Lute: No. Your strange logic baffles even my brilliant, brilliant mind. That's why I'm curious.
  • Artur: Really? You don't get it?
  • Lute: No, I don't!
  • Artur: You really don't?
  • Lute: Stop that!
  • Artur: I'm just giving you a hard time, Lute. All right. I'll just come straight out and say it.
  • Lute: Finally!
  • Artur: It's because I like you.
  • Lute: What!?
  • Artur: In fact, I love you, and I'm hoping perhaps that you love me.
  • Lute: Oh! Oh!!!
  • Artur: Now, do you understand?
  • Lute: Er... Um... A-according to "A Young Girl's Primer to Nazonian Magic," that most ancient tome long sought by, er, the terrible Demon King himself... it's not uncommon for a party to assign feelings of...er, love to the reanimated hordes they confront on the battlefield, and considering my incredible brain and the remarkable skills I--
  • Artur: Lute?
  • Lute: Well, that is... What I mean is...
  • Artur: What's wrong with you? I don't often see you lose your cool.
  • Lute: Th-that's because...
  • Artur: Yes?
  • Lute: Well... My books don't tell me anything about how to deal with love! So...
  • Artur: Heh... Heh heh heh... Ha ha ha ha!!!
  • Lute: I'm sorry. I'm a little out of my depth when it comes to love.
  • Artur: No, you're not. Love needs no textbooks. Just be yourself, and listen to your feelings.
  • Lute: Is...that all I need to do?
  • Artur: I promise.
  • Lute: ... Er, excuse me...
  • Lute: Well, er...
  • Lute: I'm glad...you're here.
  • Artur: I am, too, Lute
It's probably part of the reason she's so popular(outside of memes), she's very relatable, funny and just a nice person overall. And there aren't many other merds like her in FE

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently, Joshua's Audhulma is preceeded by a Slaying Edge. I just find it kind of neat because I thought all Legendary weapons were preceeded by their Silver versions

Lute is just very socially awkward
She may be incredibly prideful and even come off as arrogant but she's actually a huge nerd, a big introvert and she can't take social cues
C Support
  • Lute: Hm... I wonder if... Oh, I see...
  • Artur: What are you doing, Lute?
  • Lute: Oh! I was just observing this chemida beetle.
  • Artur: You haven't changed at all, have you, Lute?
  • Lute: What do you mean?
  • Artur: You spent most of your time sequestered in your room, studying your books. On the rare occasion you went outside, you were paralyzed with fascination.
  • Lute: Of course! There are so many fascinating things to be learned from nature! There are a great many books out there, and I have read most of them, of course. But I've found that what is written can differ greatly from how things truly are. Take this chemida beetle, for example. I've been reading from "The Glossary of Falibrian Entomology" lately. According to the glossary, their wings fall off once they reach maturity. However, I have just found an adult beetle whose wings still work perfectly! Exceptions do exist to the rules my books outline. This is a rare specimen. I wonder, should we take it back with us?
  • Artur: Sigh... I hope this isn't another of your pranks.
  • Lute: My...pranks?
  • Artur: Do you remember when I loaned you my copy of "Lux Aeterna"? You replaced my bookmark with the tail of a sedgel lizard. You scared ten years off my life, I swear it!
  • Lute: Did I do that?
  • Artur: And! Knowing full well that I have a...mild...fear of spiders, you caught a small army of them and unleashed them in my room!
  • Lute: I thought that if I immersed you in the thing you feared, maybe you might be able to overcome your fear entirely! And I went to a lot of trouble trying to catch those spiders!
  • Artur: ...Why would you do that?
  • Lute: Well, I did get a bit of a kick out of the experience myself. Why? Did it bother you?
  • Artur: YES! Oh, don't worry about it. At least you did it because you cared about me, right? I'll just accept it as the best gesture of kindness you can manage, Lute.
B Support
  • Lute: Are you tired, Artur?
  • Artur: Huh...? Oh, no, I'm... ...... You're right. I am tired. How could you tell, Lute? I was trying my best not to show it.
  • Lute: Oh, come on! There's no one better than me at spotting things like this! I can tell, you're mentally exhausted.
  • Artur: I don't know what I expected, but... I had no idea war would be like this. One battle after another, overwhelming odds...and monsters!? In this day and age, we're fighting monsters from the legends and epics? I know how much is at stake, but sometimes...I get so tired.
  • Lute: When you're tired, there's nothing better than a good meal and a long sleep. And if you look at page 990 of "De Floris Mysticis," there's a special herb that, once decocted into a potion, will help relax your muscles. Look for the parfina flower, and reduce it into a thick syrup before drinking. Oh, and I hear music helps you sleep. If you like, I can hum something for you.
  • Artur: Thank you. However, I think I'll pass on your offer, delightful though your humming must be. You must be tired as well. Take care of yourself, and rest when you can.
  • Lute: I will. In fact, maybe I'll just hum to myself instead. Will you be all right?
  • Artur: I'm fine. I feel quite refreshed, in fact.
  • Lute: Refreshed? How so? Was it some new kind of magic?
  • Artur: Perhaps, from a certain point of view. Your every word has nurtured my soul...
  • Lute: Hm. I'm not sure I get it, but as long as you're feeling better!
A Support
  • Artur: Hello, Lute.
  • Lute: ......
  • Artur: What is it? You look like you have something on your mind.
  • Lute: Oh. No. I was just thinking about monsters.
  • Artur: Monsters?
  • Lute: Yes. All these monsters are our enemies, I know, but...they're not all bad, are they?
  • Artur: What are you talking about?
  • Lute: They're kind of cute, don't you think? I mean, like those revenants, for example.
  • Artur: It's fair to say I will never understand your tastes. Besides, I thought you enjoyed using them as, well, magic practice.
  • Lute: Oh, I do. I do indeed. I use my magic to rip them to shreds...with love, of course.
  • Artur: Your way of expressing love is somewhat frightening...
  • Lute: Do you think so? Thank you.
  • Artur: No... That wasn't a compliment. ... Should I, ah, expect you to attack me with magic, too?
  • Lute: Hm? Why would I attack you with my magic?
  • Artur: You don't get it?
  • Lute: No. Your strange logic baffles even my brilliant, brilliant mind. That's why I'm curious.
  • Artur: Really? You don't get it?
  • Lute: No, I don't!
  • Artur: You really don't?
  • Lute: Stop that!
  • Artur: I'm just giving you a hard time, Lute. All right. I'll just come straight out and say it.
  • Lute: Finally!
  • Artur: It's because I like you.
  • Lute: What!?
  • Artur: In fact, I love you, and I'm hoping perhaps that you love me.
  • Lute: Oh! Oh!!!
  • Artur: Now, do you understand?
  • Lute: Er... Um... A-according to "A Young Girl's Primer to Nazonian Magic," that most ancient tome long sought by, er, the terrible Demon King himself... it's not uncommon for a party to assign feelings of...er, love to the reanimated hordes they confront on the battlefield, and considering my incredible brain and the remarkable skills I--
  • Artur: Lute?
  • Lute: Well, that is... What I mean is...
  • Artur: What's wrong with you? I don't often see you lose your cool.
  • Lute: Th-that's because...
  • Lute: Well... My books don't tell me anything about how to deal with love! So...
  • Artur: Heh... Heh heh heh... Ha ha ha ha!!!
  • Lute: I'm sorry. I'm a little out of my depth when it comes to love.
  • Artur: No, you're not. Love needs no textbooks. Just be yourself, and listen to your feelings.
  • Lute: Is...that all I need to do?
  • Artur: I promise.
  • Lute: ... Er, excuse me...
  • Lute: Well, er...
  • Lute: I'm glad...you're here.
  • Artur: I am, too, Lute
It's probably part of the reason she's so popular(outside of memes), she's very relatable, funny and just a nice person overall. And there aren't many other merds like her in FE
I wasn't exactly asking about her character. Just more about whether the journal bit was something she did in her own game. Even then, it doesn't stop the important question of "Why did you have no dessert?"

Edit: Nice Support conversation though.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I have a question for those who follow the Fate/ series, how do I get into it, meaning where do I start and is there a guide on what to watch/play first.
Going to echo what Shisho said that the Fate/Zero anime is a good starting point. While it is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero does a better job introducing the Holy Grail War than the UBW anime does, and the way how ufotable sets up the UBW anime is that they assumed you watched Zero first, and it shows in some of its scenes. Just remember to watch Heaven's Feel (which will be a series of three movies, the first of which is currently airing in select theaters around the world) after the UBW anime.

if you are looking for a video that goes more into detail how you should watch the Fate series and what to expect, this video does a good job explaining it too:

^Fair warning that the Youtube user does drop some swear words here and there, but it's a nicely put together video.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn't exactly asking about her character. Just more about whether the journal bit was something she did in her own game. Even then, it doesn't stop the important question of "Why did you have no dessert?"

Edit: Nice Support conversation though.
I don't remember as I haven't read all of her supports but it's probably to showcase her awkward personality because her keeping a diary of the Summoner seems perfectly in-character

Ivander

Smash Legend
Moydow Moydow
Which Seliph do you think I should keep? A while ago when I was going for H!Henry, I got 2 Seliphs. One that is +Def/-HP and one that is +Res/-Def. With Divine Tyrfing being an option for him, he looks like he could utilise Divine Tyrfing's Defense against Magic quite nicely, since he has higher Res than Sigurd by +5 and +6 additional HP to boot as well.

Chrono.

I was just informed FFXV isn't even a year old yet.

Wtf, I could've sworn it was gonna be 2 years old this year.

D

Deleted member

I was reading Lute's quotes in Heroes and hey, what would ya know, they actually referenced her support with Artur, one of her special skill quotes is "I'll rip you to shreds with love!"
And they also got her death quote ;_;
"My mood? On a scale of 1 to 48, I'd say I'm at a 14."
#relatable

Also, I was feeling lucky so I went for a pull and ARE. YOU. ABSOLUTELY. ****ING. KIDDING. ME.
Screenshot_20171115-212702.png

I feel like feathering them all because this is some insane levels of BS
WHAT EVEN ARE THE ODDS OF GETTING TWO 5* LUKAS IN A ROW

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hetler you say? Guy must really dislike Yuri and Yaoi. :p

Umm, you remembered what happened when you had more then 1 rival in Pokemon X&Y, right? A lot of people didn't like it.

So I have a question for those who follow the Fate/ series, how do I get into it, meaning where do I start and is there a guide on what to watch/play first.

Also I've been thinking, so yous know I've been mentioning the Cold War in some previous posts, so I've been thinking, a game set in Cold War America during the height of McCarthyism could potentially make for an interesting horror game, with the horror obviously coming from the paranoia that i comes from potentially having your life ruined for just speaking your political views.

Also just wondering, do you guys know of any sites that have news about games, but just the news, or a section just dedicated to the news, that news being announcement of different games, release dates upcoming features, DLC and such.
2 rivals is not that many when compared to 4 in X and Y.

D

Deleted member

It's incredible how this game made me go from loving Lukas to ****ing hating him
This was just pure bull****
At least I got Dorcas or smth who even cares tbh

D

Deleted member

I was just informed FFXV isn't even a year old yet.

Wtf, I could've sworn it was gonna be 2 years old this year.
Me right now: "That game started development in 2006, and yet it's only going to be a year old in 2017." *Mind blown*

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's incredible how this game made me go from loving Lukas to ****ing hating him

This was just pure bull****
At least I got Dorcas or smth who even cares tbh
That guy has Killer Lance+, does he not? Save them for when the Weapon Refinery comes out and you can change them to Slaying Lances. #nepheneelivesmatter

D

Deleted member

That guy has Killer Lance+, does he not? Save them for when the Weapon Refinery comes out and you can change them to Slaying Lances. #nepheneelivesmatter
They're all becoming food for the 4* Joshua
Jk, I'm not feathering them, prolly gonna save them or smth, I dunno, I already have Seths for Fortress Def if I ever need it

Monday can't come soon enough, I'd like to at least know who the bonus units are(outside of the new heroes who are all gonna be 40% with the exveption of Joshua as a 20%)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do you ever just take a step back and think

Steven Universe is a show about emotionally insecure jewelry?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
YAS! Finally unlocked Samus Gunship in Rocket League! Now we're stylin'!!!:4samus:

Chrono.

Me right now: "That game started development in 2006, and yet it's only going to be a year old in 2017." *Mind blown*
In it's defense, it didn't really start full development that year, or at least the current FFXV we know didn't.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just a reminder that FFXV =/= FF Versus XIII.

They basically rebooted the project. Versus XIII was going to be a very, very different game than what FFXV ended up being, and Nomura stepped off the project way before it was complete, since Versus XIII was his vision.

So no, I do not consider FFXV to be a game that was in development for 10 years. Saying it is ignores the reality of the situation.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What are Missingno's arms made of? Rope?

Seems like a missed opportunity to do vines. Though I guess a plant fighter might make more sense for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaron Webber continues to be our guy.

It's cool to not like a video game, and it's cool to make fun of it and pretend you're a hilarious meme lord, but when you start trying to leech off the work of others for free stream revenue and lying to get an unjustified refund, you need to start doing something better with your life.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Reminder that I can, infact, predict the future
I can only say that you must have a monado with you. Mine is fake

As for the upcoming Xenoblade 2 first impression video... I only "listen" to Chuggacongroy's video on Gamexplain. And with his opinion on Xenoblade 2, the game overall is great, and yes, the tutorial seems to be good so I am relieved.

But for gameplay though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey we got a new FEW trailer!

Oh...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey we got a new FEW trailer!

Oh...
That's for the Free Update coming out for it, right? It has new costumes for Rowan and Lianna, a new History Map and it introduces the Armor Breaker effect for some weapons that break the opponent's armor when they get a critical hit and reduces their Defense and Resistance.
Edit: I have to admit, the new costumes for Rowan and Lianna look better than their original outfits. Maybe it's the red that helps distinguish them.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Admittingly, it looks more tame compared to Fates which was straight-up briefs, panties and fundoshis.

That being said, if it remains tame, we might get some interesting looks, like Robin without their coat or maybe that tuxedo-like suit Frederick wears under his heavy armor.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow
Which Seliph do you think I should keep? A while ago when I was going for H!Henry, I got 2 Seliphs. One that is +Def/-HP and one that is +Res/-Def. With Divine Tyrfing being an option for him, he looks like he could utilise Divine Tyrfing's Defense against Magic quite nicely, since he has higher Res than Sigurd by +5 and +6 additional HP to boot as well.
I think either one could work, considering some of the options Divine Tyrfing will give him.

If you go with +res -def, you're probably going to want to focus exclusively on fighting mages with him, so it could end up being the more expensive option as Distant Counter is likely going to be the optimal A skill in that case, and a Tomebreaker will be almost obligatory for ensuring he doesn't get doubled, because he is slow. If you don't have Distant Counter (which you probably don't), I guess something like Res +3 will suffice, just to buff up his magical bulk (I personally don't like Fury with skills like breakers that require you to stay above a certain HP level), and then you can go for the kill on the next player phase.

+Def -HP, on the other hand, would give him a little more utility in terms of dealing with swords and axes (which is probably what he was originally built for), and you'd probably go with a defensive A skill (Close Def, Steady Stance/Breath, etc.) and Quick Riposte/Sword/Axebreaker, but the 3 less Res and HP might make tanking blade tomes difficult, unless you use Deflect Magic. I think it's still a valid option, but you might prefer to make him focus on doing just one thing as well as he can, which is fine too if you feel you're covered for options to deal with swords and axes.

Maybe you should just wait and see how Divine Tyrfing pans out on him, and what other options become available to him with it. Right now, personally, I would probably go with the +Res one, since I already have plenty of options for dealing with melee units, and more mage tanks are always welcome, but we'll just have to wait and see. Even with Divine Tyrfing, he's still in an awkward spot where other units can do everything he can do, but better, but I like Seliph so I'd like to find some way to make him work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom