• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So when is Book II and all of the new updates coming out in Heroes? The stream just said "right away" and we already got the new Paralogue and banner.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holy **** that was the best FEH channel yet.

Upgraded weapons and supports for staves along with weapon refinery... My mind is blown. Am I going to end up creating the ultimate Azama after all? May have to take him off the shelf and wipe away the dust.

In fact, with this added level of customization/upgrading at the cost of limited resources, I'm probably going to end up consolidating my five-stars considerably when this update arrives. I'd recommend asking yourself what units are your absolute favorites and centering everyone else around them when the time comes.

Been wondering if we were going to see the limited special heroes returning briefly and that's awesome to see, but I'll pass this time. Summer Frederick is probably the only one I missed that I'd go for right now, and that would really be for his B-skill. Glad the new banner is for older fans as well.

The best part was probably Feh making rewind noises though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when is Book II and all of the new updates coming out in Heroes? The stream just said "right away" and we already got the new Paralogue and banner.
I'd assume with the 29th update which is when Hero Bonanza feat. Elsa starts.
And we kinda need Elsa to be in the game for Book 2.
It's probably an error but I'd assume they'd have corrected it by now
Not as prophetic as Schnee117 Schnee117 calling ****ing Noctis in Tekken
Who do you think taught me to see into the future?
Holy **** that was the best FEH channel yet.

Upgraded weapons and supports for staves along with weapon refinery... My mind is blown. Am I going to end up creating the ultimate Azama after all? May have to take him off the shelf and wipe away the dust.

In fact, with this added level of customization/upgrading at the cost of limited resources, I'm probably going to end up consolidating my five-stars considerably when this update arrives. I'd recommend asking yourself what units are your absolute favorites and centering everyone else around them when the time comes.

Been wondering if we were going to see the limited special heroes returning briefly and that's awesome to see, but I'll pass this time. Summer Frederick is probably the only one I missed that I'd go for right now, and that would really be for his B-skill. Glad the new banner is for older fans as well.

The best part was probably Feh making rewind noises though.
All my favorites have Prf weapons or are called Nino lol.
Probably only gonna upgrade Nephenee's Slaying Lance when the forge is released.
Also, Eliwood and Sword Lyn if I ever get them >_>

Omce Joshua comes out I'll have to reorganize my teams, probably something like this:
Joshua/Nino/Hector/Axezura
Arvis/Sigurd/Brave Lyn/Nephenee
Black Knight/Arden/H!Sakura/Inigo
Celica/Sonya/???/???

Gonna try pulling for Lute once the TT rolls in to add her to the kast team, no other units to out with them at the moment but Hero Bonanza should give me plenty of options

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because Capcom still needs to test the Switch to see if people want to buy it because they put their heads up their ***** again
I know I seem overly salty about capcom doing this but boy Id be lying if I say I was not pissed off beyond belief. So many people want it but they dont freaking do it

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So that data mine.

The Meme-Theme Dream Team

- xX__LO0T__Xx
- "Oh Soren always lost in your books!"
- Poisoned Mutton
- Shishœ's husbando
That's pretty hype!
Now, y'see...

I see Joshua, but all I hear is:
MEAT ON THE BONE
and
S E E S A W E F F E C T
in the back of my head.

I was always afraid of Joshua being added in and having an unfitting voice, but after seeing that he's being voiced by Todd Haberkorn, I'm very happy.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know who Joshua's VA was so I checked and apparently he did Wilhelm in EOIIU

So yeah, that's kinda weird. Not that I mind, I love Wilhelm but how can this guy voice such different characters?
He also did the rapey villain in the AFO arc in SAO so that's funny. Wait, should I be more specific?

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Now, y'see...

I see Joshua, but all I hear is:
MEAT ON THE BONE
and
S E E S A W E F F E C T
in the back of my head.

I was always afraid of Joshua being added in and having an unfitting voice, but after seeing that he's being voiced by Todd Haberkorn, I'm very happy.
Hold on, Todd was the one that voiced Teruteru?
God I love ToddHaberkorn so much. i wonder if he knows about the S E E S A W E F F E C T meme yet

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hold on, Todd was the one that voiced Teruteru?
God I love ToddHaberkorn so much. i wonder if he knows about the S E E S A W E F F E C T meme yet
I dunno if he knows, but now the mental image of Cordelia and Joshua riding a seesaw with Sigurd sitting in the middle is embedded into my head.

Also, yeah, Todd did Teruteru.

While I'm not particularly fond of Teruteru as a character, his voice is amazing.
Ibuki said it best.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Japanese Hooters girls do a cheerleading dance while I play unfitting music.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Oh, ok so some more stuff from the datamine because I haven't seen anyone talk about it.
First is this map

Don't recognize it from anywhere but I'm pretty sure it's the TT final map because the only other maps in the datamine are the ones from the Paralogue and... This...

It's completely flat and its tiles don't even follow the grid. It looks like it's for Book 2 but why is this here already?
Map background

It may be an introduction map to Elsa, but I can't be sure

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm never buying FE Warriors because I never want to have the true context for these cutscenes.

IMG_20171115_175721.jpg

Chrom: "COME AND 'AVE A GO IF YA THINK YOU'RE 'ARD ENOUGH!"

Rowan: "I'LL BASH YOUR 'EAD IN, I SWEAR ON ME MUM!"

Robin: "Aaaayyyyy lads, blondie girl over there is fiiiiiiit!"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm never buying FE Warriors because I never want to have the true context for these cutscenes.

View attachment 133871

Chrom: "COME AND 'AVE A GO IF YA THINK YOU'RE 'ARD ENOUGH!"

Rowan: "I'LL BASH YOUR 'EAD IN, I SWEAR ON ME MUM!"

Robin: "Aaaayyyyy lads, blondie girl over there is fiiiiiiit!"
There are so many emotions going on in that one screenshot

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The new Grand Prix mode in Super Bomberman R is pretty fun.

But why the heck do the Castlevania characters have voices like cyborgs?

Chrono.

Capcom are just kinda stubborn when it comes to MH localization.

XX is hardly the first time they skipped on a game "just cause". Though them doing all these "tests" on the Switch is laughable.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Went for a round of summoning with that new CYL banner in FE: Heroes. What happened during it? My luckiest summoning round yet with 3 five-stars total!

A 5-star Lucius, a 5-star Mia, and a 5-star Male Corrin. Talk about some pretty good pulls!

As for the IVs, both Lucius and Corrin are +HP -Def, while Mia is +Res -Def.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be this lucky getting multiple 5-stars like this again. Better savor this moment.

Hopefully I'll pull Dorcas before the banner ends, though Lute would be a good pull in my book as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw it translated on the subreddit.

As a basic synopsis, Cordelia wants to summon Chrom. Felicia helps.

They eventually realize they've been summoning from blue orbs exclusively, since they were going by hair color.
If this was the case then red would lack quite a lot of sword users and that would fix its pulling problems.
>Playing FE Heroes
>Sees Lute is available
>Spends 20+ orbs trying to find blues to get her
>Only getting lancers, 4* Subaki and 3* corrin
>Picks green one time b/c of 'every colour except the one I want' hell
>Gets 5* Dorcas

WakeMeUpInside.jpg
Still dorcas looks good. I'm not doing any pills though probably. My free summon was a plus res minus hp lute which is amazing. Really wanted her but didn't want to waste orbs. I only had two blue mages before now so glad to have a third
There is still a lot of time left on the Halloween banner, but I decided to spend my 40 Orbs right now since I haven't pulled in a little while.

And right off the bat, Lucina breaks my pity rate for Nowi!

Not too mad though since I wanted her for collection purposes.

View attachment 133866

But then...

View attachment 133865

Oh well never mind then.

Both are +Spd, -Atk. Eh, I'll work with it.
. Just use an attack plus 3 seal and you can balance that out in a team. Nowi also will be buffed in a flier team so that's good for her. I'm hoping to pull Henry before it's over.

D

Deleted member

I did some pulls in the Farfetched Heroes banner and...
This isn't even the whole thing as I sent a bunch of units home.
I'm keeping Fir(Glacies), Cordelia(Galeforce/Astra), Lon'Qu×2(Vantage 3), Laslow(buffed Glimmer), Jagen(Fury 2), Roy(TA 3), Athena(Sword Exp for Joshua), Nowi(Lighting Breath), Hinata(more Fury and 3 is avaible at 4*) and Roderick(Firesweep Lance+) for fodder.

Gonna keep Clair, Mathilda and Lukas because I actually like them but I think it'll take a LONG time for me to ever start building them because all my feathers are gonna go for Joshua merging and future Nino merges.

Should I keep the others(Gwen, Mae, Sully, Seth, Corrin, Odin, Florina) or just feather them? I don't see any valuable skills in any of them and I either dislike them or their art(Mae why did they do this to you) or are Seth who is my third of him today.
Maybe I should start building a 4*+10 Seth...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I did some pulls in the Farfetched Heroes banner and...

This isn't even the whole thing as I sent a bunch of units home.
I'm keeping Fir(Glacies), Cordelia(Galeforce/Astra), Lon'Qu×2(Vantage 3), Laslow(buffed Glimmer), Jagen(Fury 2), Roy(TA 3), Athena(Sword Exp for Joshua), Nowi(Lighting Breath), Hinata(more Fury and 3 is avaible at 4*) and Roderick(Firesweep Lance+) for fodder.

Gonna keep Clair, Mathilda and Lukas because I actually like them but I think it'll take a LONG time for me to ever start building them because all my feathers are gonna go for Joshua merging and future Nino merges.

Should I keep the others(Gwen, Mae, Sully, Seth, Corrin, Odin, Florina) or just feather them? I don't see any valuable skills in any of them and I either dislike them or their art(Mae why did they do this to you) or are Seth who is my third of him today.
Maybe I should start building a 4*+10 Seth...
You should totally keep Mae. She's a really good blue nuke (bluke?) if you give her Blárblade from Odin, and even if you keep her Blárowl tome, she can do some neat tricks. Also totally jealous because I've yet to pull Mae, and she's the only SoV unit that's available at 4 stars that I don't have. :p

The second Mae could either be merged or used as Desperation fodder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gonna keep Clair
Good taste.

Just make sure you keep some Glacies fodder for her if you plan to build her. There's multiple ways you could build her but Glacies is the one thing that's agreed to be worth putting on her regardless of what build you go for.

D

Deleted member

You should totally keep Mae. She's a really good blue nuke (bluke?) if you give her Blárblade from Odin, and even if you keep her Blárowl tome, she can do some neat tricks. Also totally jealous because I've yet to pull Mae, and she's the only SoV unit that's available at 4 stars that I don't have. :p

The second Mae could either be merged or used as Desperation fodder.
Thanks but nope.
I loved Mae in SoV but her Heroes art is just... ugh.
She doesn't even work as Desperation fodder because she can only give Desp 2 at 4*, that's Shanna's job tbh.

A blade Mage is also the last thing I need because I have a fully built Nino and I'm not spending feathers on oppai loli over there.
I DO need a Blue Mage though, but just look at those characters and tell me who I was rolling for
Good taste.

Just make sure you keep some Glacies fodder for her if you plan to build her. There's multiple ways you could build her but Glacies is the one thing that's agreed to be worth putting on her regardless of what build you go for.
I'll see about that, because I think the only Glacies fodder I have is that Fir and I'm thinking of giving it to Joshua(though it's either that or Iceberg and I have a Niles for that one).
But she's definitely on my priority list alongside Lukas because I need some good Lance units as the only one I have is Nephenee. Or I could just wait for Elsa lol
I like Mathilda and all but it seems she'd need more investment because her base kit is meh(who the **** even runs TA on Green units?). Clair has Hit and Run and that sounds like an incredibly fun skill. And if I pair it with a Firesweep Lance...

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is alot more amusing and question-asking than I thought this would be.
Connection between Valentia and Magvel confirmed?

Also, keeping my Orbs for when either the Legendary Banner or the Christmas Banner come. Although I would also appreciate a Banner with Sword Lyn.

D

Deleted member

Mfw Armored units can't inherit Infantry Pulse.
I guess it makes sense but I wish I could have Hector running it for the rest of my team
Guess I'll give it to Joshua since 46 HP with summoner support is more than enough to trigger it to both Nino and Axezura
This is alot more amusing and question-asking than I thought this would be.

Connection between Valentia and Magvel confirmed?

Also, keeping my Orbs for when either the Legendary Banner or the Christmas Banner come. Although I would also appreciate a Banner with Sword Lyn.
I'm pretty sure that's a Blessed Sword and Joshua has a Killing Edge/Shamshir like in his original art but I don't wanna ruin the joke

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda want a pokemon game where you choose between like 10 kids. 1 to be your playable character and 2 as your rivals.

They’d all look unique and have unique personalities making everyone’s playthrough a bit more unique.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Clair has Hit and Run and that sounds like an incredibly fun skill. And if I pair it with a Firesweep Lance...
Of course you're free to try what you want, but I actually don't like the Firesweep build on Clair. I think it's too situational and limits her offensive potential.

Slaying Lance is her best option for Player Phase IMO, and it's what I run. It's gonna become much easier to obtain now too thanks to the Weapon Refinery, so you won't have to blow Orbs for Nephenee like I did.

Berkut's Lance is great for an Enemy Phase Clair, and Deft Harpoon serves as a good mixed phase build, though availability on these is obviously an issue. Might be worth looking into if you happen to have them though.

Might as well post my Clair, since I don't think I ever did.

Screenshot_20171115-201906.png

D

Deleted member

As much as I love Sacred Stones...
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_01.png

...it does look like Birthright sometimes.
Like, the AI is really dumb and the enemies aren't that big of a theat as long as I hold this chokepoint but this is just silly
Of course you're free to try what you want, but I actually don't like the Firesweep build on Clair. I think it's too situational and limits her offensive potential.

Slaying Lance is her best option for Player Phase IMO, and it's what I run. It's gonna become much easier to obtain now too thanks to the Weapon Refinery, so you won't have to blow Orbs for Nephenee like I did.

Berkut's Lance is great for an Enemy Phase Clair, and Deft Harpoon serves as a good mixed phase build, though availability on these is obviously an issue. Might be worth looking into if you happen to have them though.

Might as well post my Clair, since I don't think I ever did.

I really wanna try a Firesweep build, and Clair seems perfect for it with Hit and Run. Not getting counter attacked is great, especially on squishy units that'd die to a hit or two.
Besides attack->Hit and Run->dance Clair out->Clair repostions the dancer or finishes the enemy unit.
Don't even have access to Berkut or Deft Harpoon so :/
I really just hate BK and Ryoma ruining my runs in arena tbh

That Res though, what the hell, without the summoner support that's still 40, she could run Def Ploy 3 really well and Arvis has it as a 4* so you could consider that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That Res though, what the hell, without the summoner support that's still 40, she could run Def Ploy 3 really well and Arvis has it as a 4* so you could consider that
She's +Res, -Def, so that's kind of why it's so high, along with Fury and Summoner Support. I might consider giving her more Res with the Weapon Refinery if that's an option for the Slaying Lance, more Atk or Def might be more worth it though.

Def Ploy being locked behind limited units is precisely why I haven't tried Def Ploy on Clair yet. I just don't like giving those units up as skill fodder since I never know when I can get more. I do at least have a spare Arvis so it's something I could try.

I mainly have Threaten Def since it helps Clair specifically, since it inflicts Def-7 as opposed to Def-5. While her Atk is already at a respectable level and she does enough damage (especially since her main thing is getting very frequent Glacies activations), Threaten Def just helps her go the extra mile, and makes her ridiculous in Flier Emblem.

I'm also considering a Flier buff skill for her when she's on Flier Emblem, but I'm not sure what one yet.

D

Deleted member

She's +Res, -Def, so that's kind of why it's so high, along with Fury and Summoner Support. I might consider giving her more Res with the Weapon Refinery if that's an option for the Slaying Lance, more Atk or Def might be more worth it though.

Def Ploy being locked behind limited units is precisely why I haven't tried Def Ploy on Clair yet. I just don't like giving those units up as skill fodder since I never know when I can get more. I do at least have a spare Arvis so it's something I could try.

I mainly have Threaten Def since it helps Clair specifically, since it inflicts Def-7 as opposed to Def-5. While her Atk is already at a respectable level and she does enough damage (especially since her main thing is getting very frequent Glacies activations), Threaten Def just helps her go the extra mile, and makes her ridiculous in Flier Emblem.

I'm also considering a Flier buff skill for her when she's on Flier Emblem, but I'm not sure what one yet.
I could swear Threaten skills were only -5, hold on.
Wait, yeah, Threaten Def is only -5 not -7
So the only thing differentiating it from Ploys is the Res threshold and the range. I personally prefer Ploys better for baiting but it's not like that Claire is ever baiting anything while counterattacking besides lol dragons

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So speaking of Fire Emblem I made this Advance Wars snes thingy.
Das real subtle, Nintendo.
Aww crap why didn't you tag me? (EDIT: NVM I didn't see the tag lol).

Anyways it looks great. I wish Advance Wars was a SNES title TBH. If it were a SNES title and it had the same amount of success it did on the GBA then it would probably stand a chance of having a character in Smash 64 or Melee.

I want to live in that parallel universe.
Also, did you know that Super Famicom Wars had a commander named Hetler who looked like this?

Don't forget Billy Gates as well.

The pre-AW Wars games were really silly like that. Managed to make the GBA ones even more goofy/over-the top which I love about the franchise.

If anyone's interested, an english patch of Super Famicom Wars is coming out soon. (EDIT: Well maybe not soon per se but it should be out in like 2-5 months).

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25186.0

This is exciting for me because I never really played any of the earlier Wars games pre-GBA.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So speaking of Fire Emblem I made this Advance Wars snes thingy.

Also, did you know that Super Famicom Wars had a commander named Hetler who looked like this?

Hetler you say? Guy must really dislike Yuri and Yaoi. :p

I kinda want a pokemon game where you choose between like 10 kids. 1 to be your playable character and 2 as your rivals.

They’d all look unique and have unique personalities making everyone’s playthrough a bit more unique.
Umm, you remembered what happened when you had more then 1 rival in Pokemon X&Y, right? A lot of people didn't like it.

So I have a question for those who follow the Fate/ series, how do I get into it, meaning where do I start and is there a guide on what to watch/play first.

Also I've been thinking, so yous know I've been mentioning the Cold War in some previous posts, so I've been thinking, a game set in Cold War America during the height of McCarthyism could potentially make for an interesting horror game, with the horror obviously coming from the paranoia that i comes from potentially having your life ruined for just speaking your political views.

Also just wondering, do you guys know of any sites that have news about games, but just the news, or a section just dedicated to the news, that news being announcement of different games, release dates upcoming features, DLC and such.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could swear Threaten skills were only -5, hold on.
Wait, yeah, Threaten Def is only -5 not -7
So the only thing differentiating it from Ploys is the Res threshold and the range. I personally prefer Ploys better for baiting but it's not like that Claire is ever baiting anything while counterattacking besides lol dragons
Huh, dunno why I thought it was -7. Might just go with Def Ploy then, seems like a straight upgrade in this case and I honestly don't have much intention to use Arvis, let alone two of him.

Also I do use Clair for baiting sometimes actually, particularly on the first enemy phase. If she doubles the enemy then, she gets a guaranteed Glacies activation thanks to Slaying Lance and Quickened Pulse. So it's just a free delete button, lol.

Plus the goal is to get her to +10 so by then she should have 30 or 31 Def if memory serves. She already well passes it in Flier Emblem.

D

Deleted member

So I have a question for those who follow the Fate/ series, how do I get into it, meaning where do I start and is there a guide on what to watch/play first.
Some would say to play the original VN but that only has a fan translation and it's, well, hours of reading.
I started with the Fate/Zero anime adaptation by Ufotable and tbh, I think it's the best entry point. It's technically the first chronologically(technically because most of the other entries are parallel timelines and the sort), you just have to endure a 1-hour long introduction episode(I personally don't mind this kimd of thing but I know it's an issue to many) but it's certainly worth it. Try to go as blind as possible too.
It's on Netflix if you have it.

After that, if you enjoy it, watch the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works anime series, which is also on Netflix and made by Ufotable.
Avoid the Studio Deen adaptaion like the plague and don't watch the UBW movie because it's obviously rushed to fit into 2 hours. Maybe after you watch the other two for curiosity or something though.

Tl;dr Fate/Zero first and then Fate/Stay Night: UBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom