• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
EA said:
For clarity....The self service refund option is only available if EA has not charged you for the product yet. If we have taken your money then you need to call support to get a refund. This is working as intended and nothing has changed.
How to dig a hole.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So around 5 hours until the Feh Channel starts. We'll get to see what's in store for Fire Emblem Heroes. Have you prepared your Bingo lists? What are you hoping for? Etc etc.

D

Deleted member

Welp, there's so many movies out this month I want to try, as not only did we recently get Captain Underpants in cinemas, but we FINALLY got Your Name!
**** I just remembered Captain Underpants was released here last month and I think I might have missed it now >_>
Oh well, nothing some Torrent downloads can't solve.

Your Name is great though, you should definitely watch it
How to dig a hole.
"You can only get a refund through the refund button if you haven't spent money yet" ~EA, likely drunk. Hopefully.
So around 5 hours until the Feh Channel starts. We'll get to see what's in store for Fire Emblem Heroes. Have you prepared your Bingo lists? What are you hoping for? Etc etc.
My goddamn husband finally returning from war
Tempest King as a Tempest Trial reward pls

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I myself am looking forward to the Mario Cinematic Universe. Here's hoping Waluigi 3: Taco Stand Rising finally settles the ambiguities in Waluigi lore

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"You can only get a refund through the refund button if
Wanna know the kicker? They only give the refund button to completed orders, as they said right? The dudes order was set as "Complete" and there was no refund button. So it was, infact, taken away it seems

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some way to get duplicates of heroes you already have more easily for merges.

More Orbs because that's always nice.

Getting Rinkah is the only character I can really ask for but I doubt that would be covered in a FEH channel stream.

Not sure if I'll watch this live though. They always put these on at ridiculous hours for Europe.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Someone translated the Japanese script of Sonic Forces and I'm watching it right now.

Shadow confirmed FE lord.

Also I can't post the image, but Knuckles refers to Infinite as a certain word that rhymes with "brick".

EDIT: Sonic calls him it too, damn! They REALLY hate Infinite in the JP version.
Isn't Sonic games always that profane in Japan?

Even Zazz wanted Sonic to go to Hell in Lost World.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The games aren't usually that profane in Japan.

You're probably thinking of JP Sonic X, which did have a lot of swearing, particularly from Sonic himself.

D

Deleted member

NEVER ****ING MIND. ******** have the goddamn NERVE to not release it in English here! Nor is Pokemon which I was rather curious about!
That's usual business here, animations always only get Dubs because they just assume only children will watch it.
I don't mind it, personally, most of the dubs are pretty good.

>Getting Pokemon movies to air in theathers
I miss when we had those here, I remember watching 4Ever and even getting special Celebi and Suicune cards.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The games aren't usually that profane in Japan.

You're probably thinking of JP Sonic X, which did have a lot of swearing, particularly from Sonic himself.
Yeah, that day when Sonic realized that it's cool to say **** in Engrish.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So... Japan has a different set of standards than we do.

While Sonic saying those things here would make us uneasy, in Japan, that stuff isn't that unusual.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So... Japan has a different set of standards than we do.

While Sonic saying those things here would make us uneasy, in Japan, that stuff isn't that unusual.
Hit the nail on the head.

Same reason why Dark Prince can hardly be called Satan in the West.

Or most of the usual language in Puyo Puyo.

D

Deleted member

Wait, is prick autocensored here or am I thinking of the wrong word?

EDIT: Nope, seems like not. What does rhyme with brick and would warrant a censor then?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

EDIT: Nope, seems like not. What does rhyme with brick and would warrant a censor then?
Well it means the same thing, if that helps, LOL.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So they fixed the labels for FE Heroes and Shadows of Valentia on the Game Awards site.

It irked me more than it should have. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

No, that's the correct word.

I just assumed it would be censored here.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I did not know prick is an actual synonym for ****, in bith meanings of the word.
I thought it just meant "annoying kid" or smth

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've never heard prick get used to mean gentlemen's sausage. Swearing is like a national past time here, so maybe it's just a contextual based difference in language.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Might be a cultural thing but in Ireland, or at least where I live, calling someone a prick is like, the highest tier of swear word. It's like the male equivalent of calling a woman a certain word that rhymes with "punt".

Like we casually swear all the time here and as a joke, but when someone calls someone a prick, it generally means the gloves are coming off, and is usually only said in a deeply hateful context. Some people use it as a joke and I've seen it result in arguments simply because someone used it as a joke and everyone else took it seriously.

That's why it was especially funny for me to see Sonic and Knuckles use it towards Infinite, lol. Like to me, that REALLY conveys that they hate him.

Chrono.

Okay so, kneejerk Mario Odyssey complaints:

- No "Ghost" Kingdom (I don't count Cap Kingdom)
- Really wish the Cloud and Ruined Kingdoms were full blown ones (especially the latter, what a tease)
- Luncheon Kingdom is kinda ehhhhhhhh
- Not really a complaint but I was hoping Peach and Tiara would be unlockable as playable cause otherwise Tiara is just... There.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That isn't true with Cloud, actually. While characters appearing on a Nintendo console is a requirement, Cloud has had appearances in games on their consoles, albeit minor ones. He appeared in two Kingdom Hearts games and two Theaterhythm games before he got in Smash 4.
If it wasn't for these minor roles, Cloud would never get in Smash Bros.
Actually, that's a misinterpretation of the situation. Those appearances made it easier for Sakurai to want to put him in, but being on a Nintendo system isn't a requirement, but it does often play a role and feels like one. Sakurai more specifically calls it a "courtesy". A lot of people misunderstood the 3rd party rules. Being on a Nintendo system was thought to be one due to Source Gaming incorrectly translating an article. It's beyond understandable that this "rule" got around to a lot of people during Smash speculation. It took a very long time for the translation to be fixed, so it's going to be ingrained in people's minds.

A good way to look at it is this; it's almost a meme at this point, or something that is said so often(despite being a misunderstanding) that people think it's true. You could make many comparisons too. Like Rita Repulsa's words during the opening theme of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Part of that phrasing is said by Finster, not just her. But people remember her for that due to this being played well over 40 times more than the correct script. Same idea.

That said, I could imagine that if Sakurai is no longer the director and more of an adviser(which is possible), the new directors could enact new rules. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to require a Nintendo appearance of some sort as is. Even minor ones. As long as the appearances are from popular games, it'll also appeal to hardcore Nintendo fans. That sounds like a good business decision. Try not to alienate anyone, you know?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Might be a cultural thing but in Ireland, or at least where I live, calling someone a prick is like, the highest tier of swear word. It's like the male equivalent of calling a woman a certain word that rhymes with "punt".

Like we casually swear all the time here and as a joke, but when someone calls someone a prick, it generally means the gloves are coming off, and is usually only said in a deeply hateful context. Some people use it as a joke and I've seen it result in arguments simply because someone used it as a joke and everyone else took it seriously.

That's why it was especially funny for me to see Sonic and Knuckles use it towards Infinite, lol. Like to me, that REALLY conveys that they hate him.
It can be said in G rated cartoons here

D

Deleted member

Well, I won't be watching the FEH live but I hope something good is announced.
I'm not really expecting my man Joshua tbh, but hey, more time to save up Orbs then.
Regardless, I'll know what to expect before watching the video depending on whether my Alerts blow up or not

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I suck at these bingo things, but I had a go anyway since I was bored:
Realistically I only expect like five or six of these to actually happen, so it's more like a wishlist than anything, but oh well. If they have any sense they'll do almost all of these things sooner or later. :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom