• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"They'll add DLC in this one" sounds more like stating a fact than assuming something imo... but whatever, I still agree that there coud be potential DLC to this one.

I wonder what it'd be...
Hopefully Isle Delfino.

Also aince you got all the songs in Odyssey what is the name of the other song with vocals?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hopefully Isle Delfino.

Also aince you got all the songs in Odyssey what is the name of the other song with vocals?
They don't give it an official name in the game, instead simply calling it Honeylune Ridge: Escape, just like how Jump Up, Super Star is simply called NDC Festival.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lets face it; every Sonic yaoi fanfic will include the sentence "Sonic forces his..." from now on.
Not if I write one without it. :^)

. . .JK. But I should probably write something terrible involving Sonic soon because it's funny to watch others suffer over things too minor to actually be worth suffering over.

#PoodlePokin'Sadism

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ooh wow, im the opposite, I love jazz to death

Oh, I havent hit that yet so idk how it sounds, might check it up on youtube

If it makes you feel better, I like the main songs instrumental version
No don’t look it up. Wait until you hear it in the game it’d ruin it otherwise!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Broncos got bopped earlier today.

As for the topic of most disappointing game, I'm not sure. I want to say maaaaybe Marvel Rise of the Imperfects, if we're going strictly by games I've beaten all the way through. And I'm not really sure if I expected much from DBZ: Sagas. Obviously some games seem disappointing enough to try and avoid buying them.

Then there's games that you go into expecting a certain amount of quality. I wouldn't expect most movie tie-in games to be on the same tier as Spider-Man 2 or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've never really been a fan of Jump Up Superstar as a song. The instrumentation is ok and the singer is perfectly competent as a vocalist, but big band is not something I usually go in for, not really my style, though it's fine and enjoyable enough. There are certainly worse tunes. However, I don't think it's anything so special, there's also a lot of better music in the Mario series imo.

But the lyrics are just among the most contrived I've ever heard. They just sound so commercial, unnatural and discordant. Part of that is due to it being, I assume, translated from Japanese. It makes it feel very much like a product, not an organic song... which I find really clashes with its jazz nature. In any case the stilted, forced lyricism really takes me out of the song when it's playing, which obv is no good for music.

I'd prefer it being instrumental tbh, and even then it wouldn't be at the top of my list of favourite Mario music. Just not for me.

I didn't mind it as much during the festival, though that's probably because I wasn't really paying so much attention then with all that was going on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't hate the genre or anything, but everyone I know who listens to jazz irl is located firmly up their own butt.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know, with all that talk about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being super hype and the first one being a masterpiece, I actually have a question on Xenoblade. I've been thinking quite seriously about starting up Xenoblade and I want to know how it stacks up to Xenogears and Xenosaga?

This is coming from someone who's played only the Xenosaga trilogy (still yet to get Xenogears on my PS3) and adored Episode 3 (top 5 favorite). I'm willing to get into Xenoblade since I've been recommended to it before but would also like to see a comparison.
"Sigh" even though I am personally super hype for XC2, I aware that in this site at least only me frequently post news and stuff about it... and yes I know other users post Blade news before I could but when it comes to other stuff, nobody seems to care... and on Youtube it seems the only OJ from PlayeEssene is a more well known Xenoblade fan (But some will argue that it is Chuggaconroy, it is true but he is a Let Plays and never really make news report videos) so I hear being super thankful on you having interest with Xenoblade. The first one was indeed a masterpiece for the last gen, X was also consider to be worth playing.

Like most people I actually never got interested with Xenoblade Chronicles until Shulk was in Smash, and then I later check Chuggaaconroy's Let's Plays and got interested with the game. After I bought the New 3ds XL I know that I need to buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

I have only played and finish the first Xenoblade on my New 3DS, and never actually get to play X but I have already watch the let's plays and knowing the story. When they said they are going to make a next Xenoblade focusing on sotry I had always kind of hope that it can be on a handheld and go with a more anime style. So I was surprised and excited they go with that eventually.

I am not trying to belittle Xenosaga or anything but the Xenosaga trilogy in general was considered a commercial failure (That said I am pretty sure Xenosaga is still a very good JRPG). Xenogears was the game that has a very deep plot (Even than Xenosaga and Xenoblade) and a very deep combat system. Xenoblade on the other hand shows the massive open world and with a live turn based combat, and also with a very mind blowing and plot twisting story. X though focuses on the exploration. Whereas XC2 tries to blend both of the story and exploration.

Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chronicles (Generally called the Xeno series) are all made and directed by Tetsuya Takahashi (Which when the first XC2 trailer shows up his name I immedisately said it is a Xenoblade game) and believe it or not, not sure if you know this but the first Xenogears was started as a concept script for Final Fantasy VII, but Square thought Takahsi's script was too dark for a FF game so they let him make a new project instead but with a limited budget. While the game turned out generally positive it didn't fully meet Takahashi's expectations. Unfortunately (Or fortunately) Square didn't want to focus on Xenogears anymore so Takahashi and many others left Square and found Monolith Soft funded by BandaiNamco, he later made three Xenosaga games which were great but didn't really sell well. So Monolith Soft was sold to Nintendo, and then Takahashi made a new JRPG on the Wii called Monado: Beginning of the World. Satoru Iwata later changed it to Xenoblade to honor Takashi's previous works.

Xenoblade was first released in Japan and then Europe and didn't get localized in NA until 2012, which start the Operation Rainfall campaign. It later did of course but it was a Gamestop exclusive...

Anyway,sorry for the long post but I just want to say if you want to get in to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and play the first one as well then I highly recommend you to play them.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Jazz is my personal favorite genre of music. It helps me relax after a stressful or depressing day or a great day or a relaxing day. There are so many sub-genres to jazz that fit different moods that make me appreciate it all the more. It also helps me block out unpleasant sound if I'm feeling particularly frustrated or anxious.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Jazz is my personal favorite genre of music. It helps me relax after a stressful or depressing day or a great day or a relaxing day. There are so many sub-genres to jazz that fit different moods that make me appreciate it all the more. It also helps me block out unpleasant sound if I'm feeling particularly frustrated or anxious.
One reason why I love Jazz is the sax. The sax is pure sex

Last edited:

Chrono.

Having no internet I'm basically forced to watch TV and you know...

There's waaaaay too many crime and cop shows on TV at the same time.

I'mma still watch them tho.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
@Mods, how do you delete someone else's post?
SPACE STRANGER IS HORRIFIED AT THE DEPRAVITY OF MY ****POSTING

I HAVE GROWN MORE POWERFUL THAN ANY OF YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE

I HAVE PULLED BACK THE CURTAIN OF SPACETIME AND GAZED INTO THE VOID

IN THE VOID, MARIO SAYS "WELCOME TO NEW DONK CITY" BEFORE ENGAGING IN HEATED PASSION WITH BUBSY THE BOBCAT

I HAVE SEEN AND DONE THINGS MORTALS CANNOT COMPREHEND

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, the only truly evil genre of music is folk music.

But I mostly listen to either Rap, Rock n' Roll and Jazz myself. And I guess Speed Metal, since I like a couple Stradovarius songs. But those 3 genres have a lot of sub-genres. So things like Smooth Jazz and Latin Jazz are different enough.

Oh, and there's some Jungle/Drum n' Bass too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently watch Watch MOJO's top ten games they want on Nintendo Switch. While I obviously disagree with some of their choices I do have my own list, some I think it is possible while some are just wishful thinking.

10. A Hat In Time
9. Undertale
8. Tales of Berseria
7. Cuphead
6. Persona 5
5. Skullgirls
4. Bully (the Rockstar game on the Wii)
3. Dragon Ball Fighters Z
2. Nier: Automata
1. Overwatch

Honorable mentions :
Assasins Creed Origins
Call of Duty WWII
SAO:Fatal Bullet
.Hack// G. U. Last Recode
Paladins:Champions of the Realm
GTA V
Street Fighter V with all the updated content

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I recently watch Watch MOJO's top ten games they want on Nintendo Switch. While I obviously disagree with some of their choices I do have my own list, some I think it is possible while some are just wishful thinking.

10. A Hat In Time
9. Undertale
8. Tales of Berseria
7. Cuphead
6. Persona 5
5. Skullgirls
1. Overwatch

Honorable mentions :
Assasins Creed Origins
Call of Duty WII
. Hack// G. U. Last Recode
GTA V
I'd also like to see DBFZ on Switch. Same with Skullgirls and Cuphead. I guess Street Fighter V would be fine, though I'm pretty sure that was a Sony deal, and the game is still continually getting updates. The upcoming Spider-Man game is in the same boat, but it's not an E-Sports title, so it could be easier to port after a while, a lot of console exclusives got that. But I do want it on multiple consoles one day.

I'd also be happy with the two Mega Man Legacy Collections getting a combined Switch port. For other fighting games, maybe Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, if its possible. Overwatch would sell well at least.

You forgot the obligatory Resident Evil 4 port though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You forgot the obligatory Resident Evil 4 port though.
Oddly that Watch MOJO put Resident Evil 7 in the list...
As for DBZ is a no brainer, I mean someone even drew Android 21 playing Switch.

And yeah... I have post this before...
And I just saw this before I went go bed.
This blade while being Gothic and dark. Her expression is still determine and bada**. Nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Late reply(since I've only come back to this thread recently), but gen 3 unsurprisingly had the most Mega Evolutions, since the remake was in gen 6.

Though Gen 1 definitely did have the most mega evolutions in X and Y by far. I think all of them were pretty good choices anyway. And I think they were trying to win back the casual/old fans too with the gen 1 stuff. Since Gen 5 is pretty unpopular among that crowd.(Especially because people just cherry pick the bad pokemon from that gen.) It is weird to have such a big gimmick such as Mega Evolution and suddenly not have it though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

10. A Hat In Time
9. Undertale
8. Tales of Berseria
7. Cuphead
6. Persona 5
5. Skullgirls
1. Overwatch

Honorable mentions :
Assasins Creed Origins
Call of Duty WII
. Hack// G. U. Last Recode
GTA V
That's not a terrible list tbh. I'd like to see a lot of those games on the Switch myself. At least from the main list. And imo a good handful stand a proper chance of making their way over at some point. Or at least some iteration in their franchise. Here's my list that I made off the top of my head and therefore may be forgetting some games:

10. Dead Cells
9. Beyond Good & Evil 2
8. Undertale
7. Dark Souls III/Trilogy
6. Hotline Miami
5. Overwatch
4. Kingdom Hearts III
3. GTA V
1. Final Fantasy VIIR

Didn't bother including games that afaik are exclusives like Cuphead and Persona and such, nor ones that I can't see any way in hell of getting like Cyberpunk or RDR2 or something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I couldn't come up with anything better.
Um, I guess I wasn't one with the force?
my jokes are always terrible tho
Eh don't feel bad. I'm just teasing.

Besides, it wasn't a bad joke.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Move over Blaze.

There's a new best girl in town.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom