• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well ResetERA also seems to be pretty heavily disappointed in it, although considering how quickly Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro got me to nope away almost instantly even during my prime as a Sonic fan where I was willing to brave lurking SEGA's toxic hellhole forums just to read Sonic discussion I doubt it's nearly as intense.

You can ask @Great Witch Kurri ★ if you want a reference on that, though, she's been pretty vocal over there about being disappointed and could most likely back up that the consensus is overwhelmingly far more negative than she is.

Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of how you seem to be so good at finding places where people are positive on games that you sometimes need a bit of a break to find some place where you can criticize them, haha. I wish I had that kind of problem.
I mostly hang around places that are reasonably positive about the game.

The general public is more excited than anyone, I'm more in the "recognises it as fun but flawed" category. I'll admit, the demo has gotten me more excited, since the controls do feel really good, I just wish the weird automation and turn assist stuff wasn't there, and that the level design was better (though I've heard it does get good).

Which makes it really weird that I'm listening to Switch Force's review discussion on the game and they think the controls are hard to get around. I don't know why people always have trouble controlling Sonic games.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Agreed, and I don't really understand why Polygon release a review on a Sonic Forces that soon and it's after their Botw Twitter rant debacle....
Actually, wait a second. . .weren't places not supposed to review it until Day 1 because there's a release day update that patches in vital stuff?

Well I mean, Super Sonic is vital to ME. . .

That does seem kind of odd, come to think of it.

*EDIT* Also I thought with how badly Sonic Forces was being received I could just order it on the fly last minute, but my Target copy is still on backorder multiple days later. I guess they anticipated the bad reception and didn't order many copies to sell, or. . .?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have been waiting so long to use this thread title.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
With that being said, are you talking about Switch not having you games want? Or just the console in general?I am really curious to know why Nintendo Switch is a bigger disappointment for you.
For personally with a awesome games like Odyssey and my holy grail Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I am satisfied with my purchase. Now I need a new Starfox and Animal Crossing for Switch then it will be perfect.
You know, with all that talk about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being super hype and the first one being a masterpiece, I actually have a question on Xenoblade. I've been thinking quite seriously about starting up Xenoblade and I want to know how it stacks up to Xenogears and Xenosaga?

This is coming from someone who's played only the Xenosaga trilogy (still yet to get Xenogears on my PS3) and adored Episode 3 (top 5 favorite). I'm willing to get into Xenoblade since I've been recommended to it before but would also like to see a comparison.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Haven't been posting here much lately.

Just stopping by to say Super Mario Odyssey is awesome, and you should all buy it (with money).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have been waiting so long to use this thread title.
upload_2017-11-5_20-58-27.png

I want to find this funny like it was intended, but I've literally only ever seen this pun when people were mocking the game so uh.

Thank you for ruining everything, internet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You buy Odyssey with rings, of cour- Wrong game, wrong franchise...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The non capitalized "the" in the thread title is bugging me :V

Chrono.

Doki Doki Literature Club is so ****ed up you guys.

I was playing when all of a sudden Stone Cold Steve Austin burst out the screen, gave me a Stunner and shouted "IF YOU WANNA SEE A NICE BOAT GIVE ME A 'HELL YEAH'" to my friends as he flipped off my corpse.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Some random stuff and ideas for my pokemon game.

154 pokemon. 20 new regional forms. 2 new types(light and diamond).

2 evil teams. Team Heat(Pokemon+) and Team Chill(Pokemon-). In their respective games they already have been successful in their plans(make the region consistently hot or cold). The team that aren’t the main antagonists act as secondary protagonists in the opposing game.

The region has 2 pokemon professors. Professor Pine(Pokemon+) and Professor Cedar(Pokemon-). The other professor is a named aide in the opposing game. Pine is a short younger female and is a protagonist in both versions. Cedar is an older bearded man and an admin for Team Heat.

There are 2 rivals:
1. Rachel: She uses the pokemon strong against yours. She’s white with pink hair and basically a ***** to the protagonist but she turns out cool by the end.
2. Tyler: He uses the pokemon weak to yours. He’s a smart and caring black male. Both versions pretty quickly his persona turns out to be an act and he’s outed as the third admin of the version evil group.

Blaine, Wulfric, Glacia, Spark, Blanche and Candela appear in both versions. The latter 3 have minor redesigns. The latter 2 are elite 4 members. Glacia is Team Chill’s leader.

:p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am proud to announce that I 100% completed Super Mario Odyssey!
  • All 999 moons (880 + 119 extra ones bought in shops)
  • All 41 hats and 42 outfits
  • Captured each of the 52 possible things to, well, capture at least once
  • Got all 43 souvenirs
  • Unlocked all 82 songs
This game was utterly massive and I enjoyed a good majority of it (SCREW THAT JUMP ROPE!!!!!!!). It was mostly easy, but it had a fair share of really challenging stuff that tested my skills. And honestly, t was just so much fun to finally have the feeling of exploring things and be rewarded for it. Especially at the post-game where I got rewarded really often as I got closer and closer to 100%.

The soundtrack was fantastic, the characters were surprisingly diverse after getting so many Mario games where most friendly NPCs are Toads, each of the different kindgoms were incredibly unique and some series staples even got some fresh new twists that made them all the more memorable.

And don't get me started on Mario's movement and Capture abilities. The former being deeper than it has ever been thanks to Cappy working as a platform to do double dives and other shenanigans like that and the latter for being such an amazing substitute to power-ups and giving me a newfound respect for some of Bowser's baddies.

So yeah, this is my favorite Mario game ever. Sorry, Galaxies.

All I have in mind about this game is this; how the hell are they gonna do better than this?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lets face it; every Sonic yaoi fanfic will include the sentence "Sonic forces his..." from now on.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am proud to announce that I 100% completed Super Mario Odyssey!
  • All 999 moons (880 + 119 extra ones bought in shops)
  • All 41 hats and 42 outfits
  • Captured each of the 52 possible things to, well, capture at least once
  • Got all 43 souvenirs
  • Unlocked all 82 songs
This game was utterly massive and I enjoyed a good majority of it (SCREW THAT JUMP ROPE!!!!!!!). It was mostly easy, but it had a fair share of really challenging stuff that tested my skills. And honestly, t was just so much fun to finally have the feeling of exploring things and be rewarded for it. Especially at the post-game where I got rewarded really often as I got closer and closer to 100%.

The soundtrack was fantastic, the characters were surprisingly diverse after getting so many Mario games where most friendly NPCs are Toads, each of the different kindgoms were incredibly unique and some series staples even got some fresh new twists that made them all the more memorable.

And don't get me started on Mario's movement and Capture abilities. The former being deeper than it has ever been thanks to Cappy working as a platform to do double dives and other shenanigans like that and the latter for being such an amazing substitute to power-ups and giving me a newfound respect for some of Bowser's baddies.

So yeah, this is my favorite Mario game ever. Sorry, Galaxies.

All I have in mind about this game is this; how the hell are they gonna do better than this?
They’ll add dlc to this ine.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Was it confirmed?

I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it happened, especially since they worked on a similar idea before it got too big and became a sequel (Galaxy 2), but... was it confirmed?
No. I thought I put that in a way that sounded like they haven’t but that they potentially would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom