• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So how is Fire Emblem Warriors?

I've heard mixed feelings from both sides. Can't tell whether it's the best Warriors game ever or the worst game ever.

But that's the bigger problem of the Fire Emblem fandom as a whole. Didn't really take long to reach Smash or Pokémon levels of bad. I doubt older fans will ever be pleased.

D

Deleted member

Part of me wants to pull for Katarina or Ryoma.

The other part of me knows I should save for the upcoming Alm/Celica banner.
I hadn't been following the game to know it but I've heard some say that their banner won't come back as other BHB and GHB reruns didn't had them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The what now?

Also can vouch for Ryoma, I have two lobsters and they are good boys.
Apparently the data mine showed an upcoming Alm and Celica Bound Hero Battle, and those generally come with summoning banners.

On one hand, it kinda sucks that they're both red. On the other hand...well, I need both anyway. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently the data mine showed an upcoming Alm and Celica Bound Hero Battle, and those generally come with summoning banners.

On one hand, it kinda sucks that they're both red. On the other hand...well, I need both anyway. :p
This would be the first re-run BHB then? I know Alm/Celica were the first BHB.

Only thing is that the Focus units for the first run of the Alm/Celica BHB were Lukas, Genny, and Clair....

...wait a minute, NO I'M NOT READY FOR CLAIR TO BE A FOCUS UNIT AGAIN

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought it was Lilina and Cecilia coming back?

Edit: Okay, by what I checked, both sets are coming back. Alm & Celica And Cecilia & Lilina. So that clears things up.

And while you're here, let's look at similarities.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmmm still no answer? I guess the most obvious answer is that I should ignore a fandom and buy whatever I want.

But then again, you could be labeled as a fanboy for "shilling" to Koei's "mediocrity".

Yeah, the Fire Emblem fandom had really went downhill over the years.

Chrono.

I've heard mixed feelings from both sides. Can't tell whether it's the best Warriors game ever or the worst game ever.

But that's the bigger problem of the Fire Emblem fandom as a whole. Didn't really take long to reach Smash or Pokémon levels of bad. I doubt older fans will ever be pleased.
It's good, just not as good as Hyrule Warriors as far as being a Warriors game goes and it falls a little flat on the FE side of things.

Aside from the lackluster roster, a lot of them share moves with each other (sword users tend to be the more unique one's of the bunch, but same weapon/mount users have the same general movesets except for specials and awakenings). History Mode is basically this game's Adventure Mode and it's the best part of the game. Story Mode is bland and that's pretty much it.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was Lilina and Cecilia coming back?

Edit: Okay, by what I checked, both sets are coming back. Alm & Celica And Cecilia & Lilina. So that clears things up.

And while you're here, let's look at similarities.
I still find it incredibly funny that, at the beginning of this year, if you asked someone who Reinhardt was, they'd probably think of Overwatch until you clarified you were talking about FE and then they'd just go "???".
Now any FE player knows him and you could say he's one of the most popular characters in the fanbase(I dunno if he'd make it to Top 100 but I bet he'd definitely be the most popular Thracia one). And he isn't even playable im his home game.
I don't have The Reinhardt™ but I sure like the memes surrounding him and the more people use him, the more Arena matches get turned into 4v3 for me.
Reinhardt for FE Warriors 2 as the sole Thracia rep I'm gonna feel bad for Leif fans

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmmm still no answer? I guess the most obvious answer is that I should ignore a fandom and buy whatever I want.

But then again, you could be labeled as a fanboy for "shilling" to Koei's "mediocrity".

Yeah, the Fire Emblem fandom had really went downhill over the years.
I think it's because not everyone who wants the game has it yet and the ones who do have it and have played it aren't on here at the moment.

For me right now, I haven't gotten the game yet due to a number of reasons and I can't get it right now at the moment as I have prepare for a volunteer meeting next week and am trying to find a program to renew my Bronze Cross/Medallion(one of the two) before next Summer.
I still find it incredibly funny that, at the beginning of this year, if you asked someone who Reinhardt was, they'd probably think of Overwatch until you clarified you were talking about FE and then they'd just go "???".
Now any FE player knows him and you could say he's one of the most popular characters in the fanbase(I dunno if he'd make it to Top 100 but I bet he'd definitely be the most popular Thracia one). And he isn't even playable im his home game.
I don't have The Reinhardt™ but I sure like the memes surrounding him and the more people use him, the more Arena matches get turned into 4v3 for me.
Reinhardt for FE Warriors 2 as the sole Thracia rep I'm gonna feel bad for Leif fans
I would not be surprised at people confusing him for Overwatch Reinhardt. And funny enough, that Reinhardt would fit well in Fire Emblem. Him and Arthur would be the best of friends.
But yeah, it's surprising how a boss character that wasn't playable in the game he came from is now one of the most notorious characters that some people fear to face. I actually have a +ATK -SPD Reinhardt myself and even while he only has Death Blow 2, he wrecks house for me.
But yeah, I'm very curious to see how well he would fare in a Voting Gauntlet today compared to back then.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
> Except Archie, who's been replaced by a pale Roblox character.

I can't unsee this and I'm dying.
Maxie: "So, even after fulfilling your purpose you did not realize that flooding the world using a giant ancient whale was a bad idea?"
Archie: "O O O O O F"

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

I don't have the game (and probably won't bother getting either at this point), but I'm going to have a hard time if people say this bolded part. I know my opinion won't look good since I just said won't get it, but it just doesn't look like it'll stack up to Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate for "best Warriors game".

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Of the 4 Warriors spin offs I’ve played I like it the most.

It’d be better if it had Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones and Binding/Blazing Blade though..

D

Deleted member

Trust nobody, not even yourself
Doing double Chain Challenges and I swear these stats are more inflated than a DeviantArt fanart
"oh gee i wonder who this person's waifu is"
Hector, obviously
I don't have the game (and probably won't bother getting either at this point), but I'm going to have a hard time if people say this bolded part. I know my opinion won't look good since I just said won't get it, but it just doesn't look like it'll stack up to Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate for "best Warriors game".
How are the Warriors games coming to the Switch? Any of them worth buying?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
the other song with vocals?

It’s so much better than that crappy 1up girl that Nintendo had to play all the god damn time.
oh no I cant stand the songs with vocals. i meant the one in Bowsers Kingdom once you hit the main courtyard. The Super Japanese festival sounding one. i looooove it

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why do the team magma and team aqua guys(the names are escaping me) look so ****ing ugly?
It's based on their designs from emerald, so it's not the ones that had a change of heart or any good in them from ORAS.
The redesigns were a big improvement.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, The Ancient Magus' Bride's full opening was released
Have I mentioned Elias is top tier husbando material?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's based on their designs from emerald, so it's not the ones that had a change of heart or any good in them from ORAS.
The redesigns were a big improvement.
Didn't they realise they had ****ed up in the originals too? Hold on...
Yeah, just checked, they realise they ****ed up bad in RSE too, ORAS just expanded on it

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How are the Warriors games coming to the Switch? Any of them worth buying?
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is pretty good. Lots to do with character customization; especially considering the fact that this is the spin off of DW8 where everyone actually gets unique movesets for once. I'd say good repeatability too. Would recommend that.

I haven't played Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada yet but the more I hear people talk about it, the more excited I get. Many hardcore fans say that this game has an incredible storyline and it's one of the absolute best Warriors game. SW gameplay is also amazing. Would totally look out for that. I know I will eventually.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate I'm not sure if I would recommend to a newcomer. Playing the SW I previously mentioned first will give you some context and familiarity. DW8E not so much since its a sandbox game, meaning no actual story to portray their characters in. Well maybe since I believe should have an encyclopedia section, but won't demonstrate much. It has some characters from Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber, Ninja Gaiden and more. Maybe I'd say. My overall favorite.

Note that WO3U was made during DW7-SW3 and DW8-SW4 were made after this so if you feel the DW characters have shared movesets or some characters are missing from DW8E and Spirit of Sanada, then that's why.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Trust nobody, not even yourself

Doing double Chain Challenges and I swear these stats are more inflated than a DeviantArt fanart
Heh, the ridiculous stat inflation on chain challenges is what actually got me to quit the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn't they realise they had ****ed up in the originals too? Hold on...
Yeah, just checked, they realise they ****ed up bad in RSE too, ORAS just expanded on it
I see, didn't remember the dialog fully.

Regardless it should be interesting to see them explain themselves.

They realize they are wrong when they lose but you'd think watching the world almost non exist would make them realize they were wrong too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How is Nintendo gonna one up Mario Oddysey in the next hypothetical Mario game?
I feel like I heard this with Mario Galaxy before. I'm sure they'll think of some way. Though Ironing out any kinks in the current game and putting that into a sequel would be a more logical progression rather than immediately jumping onto the next huge gimmick or game mechanic.

That's part of the reason I wanted a legit sequel or SM64DS styled remake of Sunshine. Having more refined levels and less glitches with Sunshine's movement mechanics would be great. Especially if there's more genuine platforming challenges that actually include F.L.U.D.D rather than take it away to achieve that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from Thor: Ragnarok

And man, HO-LY-****-ING-CRAP! This is perfection in film form!

I previously said Spider-Man: Homecoming was my favorite film of the year: Well, Ragnarok blows that out of the water big time. You're shooting yourself in the foot for missing this.

And it's my most favorite COMEDY of the year too (expect to laugh hard throughout).

WATCH IT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've decided. Since the Rainbow Rocket stuff seems to be post-game, I'm going to fight them with only my Castform. I almost always have a Castform on me when fighting the evil team leader (Giovanni and Lysandre aside for availability reasons), so it's time for it to come full circle.

Weather Ball, you evil ass hats. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, it's been a good 5 years since I've been here and now is the time to make that big move. There is no real motivation or reason to be here since most of my work is done. Been there rallying behind Takamaru's back, stuck up for the Daisy fanbase, and even provided laughs for the few people that cares. And I've lost all real drive to be here anymore.

Before anyone even begs me not to leave, tell me something. What's the point of me staying there are hundreds of more important people here? I hardly made a massive impact as a user and you can't tell me otherwise. Blue and Champ were right, you really do feel like you've outlived your purpose in a community you lose interest in. So no need to cry over spilled milk that never exists. Even I've informed the right people to take over my former support topics. You know who you are.

If anyone needs me, you obviously know where to find me. No need to spell it out since it's not hard to miss. Hasta la vista, sayonara, adios, adieau, good bye. Your friendly neighborhood blue warrior is setting sail for other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom