• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes that's what I need.
Well I mean, the closest I can equate it to is the Dread Fighter class, since they use axes and magic (though in this case only after promotion). Yeah it can't use swords here, but it's close enough. Basically high strength and resistance as their strengths.

D

Deleted member

praline praline What engine are you using for your FE game? Is it a GBA hack or what? Because mixing magic and physical weapons on them might be kinda hard
I mean, you can technically just do it without giving every character a Mag/Str stat but Tomes would run on Str and vice-versa
Well I mean, the closest I can equate it to is the Dread Fighter class, since they use axes and magic (though in this case only after promotion). Yeah it can't use swords here, but it's close enough. Basically high strength and resistance as their strengths.
Dread Fighters can't wield any magic though

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
praline praline What engine are you using for your FE game? Is it a GBA hack or what? Because mixing magic and physical weapons on them might be kinda hard
I mean, you can technically just do it without giving every character a Mag/Str stat but Tomes would run on Str and vice-versa

In Awakening they could. Fates removed that for hidden weapon usage.

D

Deleted member

I know that in Fire Emblem 4 Emperors and Barons can wield every physical weapon, staffs, and anima magic. Basically everything but light and dark magic.

However, yeah, you can't have both magic and strength in the GBA games.

D

Deleted member

Actually, now that I think about it, Champ Black's Awakening rum gave me an idea
I'll tell you guys about it later today
In Awakening they could. Fates removed that for hidden weapon usage.
Uh, could swear it was Bows instead of Tomes
So, uhm, IGNORE ME!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well Obobo already has Dread Fighter as her promotion. :p

Well it'd be based for the GBA ones but I'd make it so everyone has the magic and strength stat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well it'd be based for the GBA ones but I'd make it so everyone has the magic and strength stat.
I guess Mystic Fighter could be a thing then. Axe user with high RES who gets tomes on promotion. Went with Mystic over Magic since the latter implies tome use, which wouldn't be the case until promotion. :p

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but are you making a hack(which would need one of the three games as a base) or full on from scratch like FE7x(I dunno if they already released their program but that'd be useful)
Because, afaik, it's mechanically impossible to give units the two attack stats in the GBA games

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Can I just say that you have good taste based on your avatar alone?
Thank you, thank you

She's only popular for two big reasons.

Far from having good taste.
I'm just hoping they expand on her character more. Huge boob jokes are fun the first few times, but if they're the only thing the character is known for, eh...

I'll probs still like her, but, boy I'll be bummed.

D

Deleted member

That's not possible outside of maybe the FEXP engine that FE: Immortal Sword uses. But I can't remember if it does have both strength and magic for each unit.

Unless you're really going to change the engine of the games that much, but I've never seen anyone do so.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Yeah, but are you making a hack(which would need one of the three games as a base) or full on from scratch like FE7x(I dunno if they already released their program but that'd be useful)
Because, afaik, it's mechanically impossible to give units the two attack stats in the GBA games
The latter at this point.

D

Deleted member

That's not possible outside of maybe the FEXP engine that FE: Immortal Sword uses. But I can't remember if it does have both strength and magic for each unit.

Unless you're really going to change the engine of the games that much, but I've never seen anyone do so.
FE7x doesn't have separate Str/Mag stats
Energy Rings even refer to the stat it's boosting as "power"

Also, even if adding separate stats was possible, one would have to add another growth rate to every unit and change which stat every magic weapon uses(as, really, Str/Mag are mechanically the same, what changes is which stat they target)
The latter at this point.
So, original engine? Good luck with that

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Watching Breath of the Wild gameplay videos for hype.

I keep finding myself thinking "You can climb the tree for those apples, man, stop wasting the axe" and "Don't skip those apples! You don't know where else you're gonna find those!"

I mean it's almost certainly just because of the time limit they're on, but I can already see how I'm gonna be playing a couple of spots, LOL.

The horses are so beautiful. I want them all and I can only have five at a time.

Never mind if I can keep that rare quest horse you just know is going to be taking one of my horse slots and I'm never gonna use out of fear of them getting killed.

And I'm probably gonna cook stuff. But probably not when I have only one of a material, I'll start piling up stockpiles and then carefully experimenting using as much common sense as I can.

Actually, who knows what I'll do. But I'm already getting tons of ideas.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also I'd have it so you can decide whom of the 5 is the main lord slot for each chapter, you can still use the other 4, they just would become unplayable if they died in a following chapter as either the main lord or a regular unit.

My character would be the only one that ever is mandatory for the main slot, and I imagine when my character is no longer mandatory they'd never be put in the main slot again. lol

So, original engine? Good luck with that
Oh it's probably never gonna be an actual game since I lack all the skills to make one. I just like thinking up stuff,

D

Deleted member

FE7x doesn't have separate Str/Mag stats
Energy Rings even refer to the stat it's boosting as "power"

Also, even if adding separate stats was possible, one would have to add another growth rate to every unit and change which stat every magic weapon uses(as, really, Str/Mag are mechanically the same, what changes is which stat they target)
Ah, I see. Thank you for reminding me. I wasn't sure if they modernized that too or not seeing as they put abilities into their engine. Who knows, there still might be a way to have both strength and magic in the FEXP engine seeing as when you actually have it you're able to do quite a bit.

I still think FEXP isn't a bad option though, the only thing is that you'd have to pay for it. But it's easier than making a rom hack not to mention WAY more polished. On top of that you get things such as abilities in the game, such as Astra for swordmaster which looks great. I don't know whether or not you can add new classes, but there's a lot of new unique ones and virtually anything from the GBA games is usable. Like I've seen a map with just all zombie dragons from Sacred Stones before.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's a list of every class

Lord Classes:
1. Wanderer: Light/Sing > Oracle: Light/Dark/Sing
2. Squire: Shuriken > Dread Fighter: Maces/Shuriken/Bow
3. Tactician: Lances > Grandmaster: Anima/Lances
4. Lord: Sword > Lord Queen: Sword/Staff
5. Mystic Knight: Axe > Guardian: Axe/Anima

Regular Classes:
1. Samurai: Swords > Swordmaster: Swords or Weaponmaster: Sword/Lance/Axe
2. Pegasus Knight(F): Lances > Falcon Knight(F): Lance/Staff or Dark Flier(F): Lance/Anima
3. Mage: Anima > Sage: Anima/Staff or Prophet(M): Anima/Bow
4. Wyvern Rider(F): Axe > Wyvern Lord(F): Axe/Lance or Dark Rider(F): Axe/Dark
5. Thief: Shuriken > Highwayman: Shuriken/Bow or Adventurer: Shuriken/Staff
6. Ninja: Shuriken > Assassin: Shuriken/Sword or Trickster: Shuriken/Anima
7. Mercenary: Sword > Hero: Sword/Axe or Nomad Trooper: Sword/Bow
8. Knight(A): Lance > General(A): Lance or Great Knight(MA): Lance, Axe, Sword
9. Dark Mage: Dark > Sorcerer: Dark/Staff or Dark Knight(M): Dark/Sword
10. Archer: Bow > Sniper: Bow or Kinshi Knight(F): Bow, Lance
11. Troubadour(M): Staff > Strategist(M): Staff/Anima or Valkyrie(M): Staff, Sword
12. Fighter: Axe > Warrior: Axe/Bow or Pirate: Axe
13. Cavalier(M): Lance > Paladin(M): Lance/Sword or Mason(M): Lance/Shuriken
14. Cleric: Staff > Bishop: Staff/Light or Priestess: Staff/Bow
15. Priest: Staff > War Monk: Staff/Mace or Augur: Staff/Shuriken
16. Griffin Rider(F): Shuriken > Griffin Lord(F): Shuriken or Griffin King(FA): Shuriken/Staff
17. Spear Fighter: Lance > Spear Master: Lance or Basara: Lance/Light
18. Light Mage: Light > Cardinal: Light/Anima or Seer: Light/Dark
19. Gladiator: Mace > Champion: Mace or Defender: Mace/Shuriken
20. Baron(M): Mace > Conquerer(M): Mace/Axe or Warden(M): Mace
21. Viking: Axe > Warlord: Axe/Lance or Berserker: Axe
Maces are a new weapon type. They are heavier than any other weapon so they rarely if ever double but they're great for armored units.

D

Deleted member

Also, I just checked, magic swords in FE8 target Res. FE6 and 7 have them working as a physical weapon, don't ask how that works
Also, they only acts as part of the Trinity of Magic if they're ranged in FE6
FE7 and 8 consider them part of it regardless
And they're only part of the WT if at melee
#UselessFEFacts
Ah, I see. Thank you for reminding me. I wasn't sure if they modernized that too or not seeing as they put abilities into their engine. Who knows, there still might be a way to have both strength and magic in the FEXP engine seeing as when you actually have it you're able to do quite a bit.

I still think FEXP isn't a bad option though, the only thing is that you'd have to pay for it. But it's easier than making a rom hack not to mention WAY more polished. On top of that you get things such as abilities in the game, such as Astra for swordmaster which looks great. I don't know whether or not you can add new classes, but there's a lot of new unique ones and virtually anything from the GBA games is usable. Like I've seen a map with just all zombie dragons from Sacred Stones before.
Yeah, they may not have done it but I'm pretty sure it's possible, at least way easier to implement than a fan hack
Who knows, maybe with it, we'd have more hacks and more completed ones because the only, fully original, hacks I can think of are The Last Promise(I'd say it's the Red and Blue of FE hacks) and something called the Corrupt Theocracy which is apparently full of glitches and bugs
Also I'd have it so you can decide whom of the 5 is the main lord slot for each chapter, you can still use the other 4, they just would become unplayable if they died in a following chapter as either the main lord or a regular unit.

My character would be the only one that ever is mandatory for the main slot, and I imagine when my character is no longer mandatory they'd never be put in the main slot again. lol

Oh it's probably never gonna be an actual game since I lack all the skills to make one. I just like thinking up stuff,
Oh, is that so? I mean, I also have a bunch of ideas while lacking the skills to implement them so I know how it is.
Maybe I should post my own stuff one of these days.
And hey, you never know, maybe one day you can find someone that can help you with that

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Lord Classes:

Regular Classes:
2. Pegasus Knight(F): Lances > Falcon Knight(F): Lance/Staff or Dark Flier(F): Lance/Anima
11. Troubadour(M): Staff > Strategist(M): Staff/Anima or Valkyrie(M): Staff, Sword
16. Griffin Rider(F): Shuriken > Griffin Lord(F): Shuriken or Griffin King(FA): Shuriken/Staff
Maces are a new weapon type. They are heavier than any other weapon so they rarely if ever double but they're great for armored units.
I love the unique Tactician class

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Lord Classes:

Regular Classes:
Sweetie, I have to say, you have the best imagination ever when you make these projects. I love it so much

Reminds me of myself when I make fake fantasy worlds in my head

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought of an interesting question: What non FE video game character would make an FE lord? It's totally not because I have something on my mind.

Yeah, they may not have done it but I'm pretty sure it's possible, at least way easier to implement than a fan hack
Who knows, maybe with it, we'd have more hacks and more completed ones because the only, fully original, hacks I can think of are The Last Promise(I'd say it's the Red and Blue of FE hacks) and something called the Corrupt Theocracy which is apparently full of glitches and bugs
Yeah, for sure. Because keep in mind that it doesn't use the actual gameboy engine itself, it's way more versatile and people have added plenty of things you wouldn't be able to add in a GBA rom hack.

I liked The Last Promise. In fact, for what it was it was pretty great, keep in mind that many people worked on it and added in their own characters. For what it was it could've been WAY worse.

Oh, is that so? I mean, I also have a bunch of ideas while lacking the skills to implement them so I know how it is.
Maybe I should post my own stuff one of these days.
And hey, you never know, maybe one day you can find someone that can help you with that
Yeah, I also need to share my ideas more often, I have plenty especially for FE, I've even made a whole map for an entire continent once.
World map Biomes.png
World map Nations.png
Top is for biomes and the bottom is for nations and capitols. I have a color key for these somewhere, I did this half a year ago.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well there was one hack IIRC who made it work like in FE5 where magic and resistance were the same stat

But I think that hack died, so moot point.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sweetie, I have to say, you have the best imagination ever when you make these projects. I love it so much

Reminds me of myself when I make fake fantasy worlds in my head
Well it comes with the fact that I have too much free time. If I could draw it'd help even more cause I have some ideas for how they'd look. Like the Samurai class(tentatively named) look very Indian with the female look being kinda like Shantae and the male having a turban.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought of an interesting question: What non FE video game character would make an FE lord? It's totally not because I have something on my mind.

Yeah, for sure. Because keep in mind that it doesn't use the actual gameboy engine itself, it's way more versatile and people have added plenty of things you wouldn't be able to add in a GBA rom hack.

I liked The Last Promise. In fact, for what it was it was pretty great, keep in mind that many people worked on it and added in their own characters. For what it was it could've been WAY worse.

Yeah, I also need to share my ideas more often, I have plenty especially for FE, I've even made a whole map for an entire continent once.
Top is for biomes and the bottom is for nations and capitols. I have a color key for these somewhere, I did this half a year ago.
Link. Sword and Bow usage is down pat, so he has that going for him. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins, Link, Shovel Knight.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I don't hate TLP, I really enjoyed what I played before my save got corrupted
But... it does have various problems, from weird writing, narm voiced scenes, unbalaced characters and some other stuff
Like, Siegfried being a racist asshole, Blazer's self-insert being the personification of "ow the edge", plot points being dropped(remember Logan's girlfriend? Me neither), villains being undeveloped and just thrown at you(the 4 senators that show up in one of the last chapters aren't really given any screentime, the Emeperor barely having any motivation, edgy swordsman's(I forgot his name) brother only showing up one chapter before the endgame and Evil Sorcerer's whole two-hours expository text after you beat him)
Also, how contrived the Endgame is for trying to get a cheap emotional scene. YOU DON'T EVEN FIGHT THE MAIN VILLAIN

But still, TLP set up a legacy as the first completed original hack, it may not be great, but it's what staryed everything
Well there was one hack IIRC who made it work like in FE5 where magic and resistance were the same stat

But I think that hack died, so moot point.
There's probably a reason not even the most ambitious hacks attempt it, because there really isn't much to gain from it.
Mixing magic and physical weapons might be a cool thing like in other FE games but for a hack, that's really trivial
Link would be great
Swords, bows and he even gets a horse on promotion!

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll answer my own question too, even though it's obvious due to my username and avatar.

:p

I have a weak sense of humor

D

Deleted member

I mean, I don't hate TLP, I really enjoyed what I played before my save got corrupted
But... it does have various problems, from weird writing, narm voiced scenes, unbalaced characters and some other stuff
Like, Siegfried being a racist *******, Blazer's self-insert being the personification of "ow the edge", plot points being dropped(remember Logan's girlfriend? Me neither), villains being undeveloped and just thrown at you(the 4 senators that show up in one of the last chapters aren't really given any screentime, the Emeperor barely having any motivation, edgy swordsman's(I forgot his name) brother only showing up one chapter before the endgame and Evil Sorcerer's whole two-hours expository text after you beat him)
Also, how contrived the Endgame is for trying to get a cheap emotional scene. YOU DON'T EVEN FIGHT THE MAIN VILLAIN
Yeah, I agree, for sure. Those are major problems but keep in mind that it was basically a bunch of people mixing their OCs with not much of a rhyme or reason to make the story not a huge mess. I'm just glad it has decent gameplay, I like the GBA remixes, and like you said, it's complete.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm quite jealous of those who are able to plan, be able to draw or create their own music, or actually have experience with whatever is used for gaming like engines, mechanics and whatnot. I would really love to make my own game, but all I really have is my mind or thoughts. I have no experience with gaming/computer stuff or artistic concept. Even what I have for concepts or ideas are little more than things similar to other things.
What doesn't help it is the fact that I'm not the easiest to learn stuff using an online guide, teach book and whatnot. I learn best when someone is actually teaching me.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I thought of an interesting question: What non FE video game character would make an FE lord?
Will from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

He's pretty much a Fire Emblem character put in an Advance Wars game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

He's got blue hair and a sword so he's already halfway there. :troll:
That reminds me, I wanna see King Arthur represented in some way in Fire Emblem. Especially with Excalibur as the legendary weapon.

I know what joke you're gonna make so dont. Be original for **** sakes

D

Deleted member

Will from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

He's pretty much a Fire Emblem character put in an Advance Wars game.
Gosh, I was wondering what that art style reminded me of, but now I remember. It reminds me of the art in King of Fighters 2002 UM.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That reminds me, I wanna see King Arthur represented in some way in Fire Emblem. Especially with Excalibur as the legendary weapon.

I know what joke you're gonna make so dont. Be original for **** sakes
Not worry, I don't know what fool would make that joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom