• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
tfw one ningen had a better idea on how to destroy all life in multiple unvierses.

Suddenly I want Premium just to change my title to "Zamasu was right"

****ing Goku lmao
Don't worry, I do it for you.

D

Deleted member

About this....

Isn't that a neutral thing? I mean lots of great villains are unlikable and have no redeeming qualities.
I think good villains have redeeming qualities of some kind. It doesn't necessarily have to be morally good or motivated. But at least be entertaining or have some kind of threatening presence, something along those lines. A villain that's just pure bad isn't a good villain. Even the most even of villains have redeeming character qualities in some kind of sense. Take Palpatine from Star Wars for instance, there's almost no good in him whatsoever, and yet he's a loved villain because he presents such a threat and he's pretty entertaining. Ridley was mentioned, but Ridley's pretty awesome.

But that's just how I perceived on what Fal said, obviously you guys are talking about morally good redeeming qualities. I myself haven't even really watched much of Kill La Kill, I've only seen a little bit. :p But I'm just talking about villains in general. I just like to talk about villains.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know, it always interest me if a vilain need redeeming quality to be interesting as a vilain.
Because alot of iconic vilain (Freezer, Maleficent, Ridley, etc..) doesn't have any redeeming quality and are just evil because they love that. But are still great character in their own right.
I dunno, you may don't like evil character that are just evil. But I don't feel like it's the only way to make a good vilain IMO.
I ask that because, my own series have alot of vilain with redeemable quality or show you why they become the person they are today. But some other vilain are bad guys for petty or horrible reason, which make the heroes unable to understand their motive or there way of thinking (and they compensate their lack of motive for being either hate sink, charismatic or just being large ham).

Really, vilain are always fascinating to explore in both way as long they are good vilain and not just because: "because the writer say so". But at this point, it come to personal preference.
To be fair, it's also that the reason for her actions is never really explained. She's obsessed with life fiber research, that's fine, but the reason for it or her cruelty is never really properly explained. And combine that with the fact that she's an absolute freaking creep and you've got a really abhorrent villain on your hands.

Even if the villain is all evil, I don't think the character should be so bad that it should make you hate them any time they appear onscreen. Having some interesting mannerisms or quirks goes a long way.

But, if you want to make a hateable villain, at least give more screen-time to scenes where they are getting pummelled by the heroes. That's a good way to keep the viewer satisfied. Her end was rather underwhelming too.

As it stands for me, Kill la Kill is a rather textbook example of how to not design villains.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
About this....

Isn't that a neutral thing? I mean lots of great villains are unlikable and have no redeeming qualities.
You're probably looking at redeemable qualities wrong.

Well done villains/antagonists are those that you "love to hate" rather than just hate them because they're a villain. The redeemable quality is that they have something to them that really helps sell whatever they're doing, and being evil for the sake of being evil just isn't something people find enjoyable. The Joker from The Dark Knight movie is one such villain that is oozing with redeemable qualities, everyone just loves to hate him because he's a villain with clear motives and everything he does has weight, it makes the entire thing a ton more enjoyable for the audience.

You know, it always interest me if a vilain need redeeming quality to be interesting as a vilain.
Because alot of iconic vilain (Freezer, Maleficent, Ridley, etc..) doesn't have any redeeming quality and are just evil because they love that. But are still great character in their own right.
I dunno, you may don't like evil character that are just evil. But I don't feel like it's the only way to make a good vilain IMO.
I ask that because, my own series have alot of vilain with redeemable quality or show you why they become the person they are today. But some other vilain are bad guys for petty or horrible reason, which make the heroes unable to understand their motive or there way of thinking (and they compensate their lack of motive for being either hate sink, charismatic or just being large ham).

Really, vilain are always fascinating to explore in both way as long they are good vilain and not just because: "because the writer say so". But at this point, it come to personal preference.
Except those villains do have redeemable qualities too. Even if they're evil for the sake of being evil. Freiza brings out a lot from the characters and creates tension that keeps the audience on their toes.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
About this....

Redeeming quality can be a lot of different things. They can understandable on a personal level like say Magneto of X-Men. While technically an antagonist, his motivations are very easy to empathize with considering his back story. Sometimes they're just flat out entertaining to watch. Dio from Jojo is no Magneto in terms of motivation, but he's so fun to watch in all of his mannerisms.

I like to think audiences like villains since they represent a sense of freedom. It's fun to project yourself on someone like the Joker, as mentioned before. Sure, they're not good people, but man, they look like they're having fun doing what they do. It's all fiction in the end of the day, so we can have a fun with otherwise terrible people.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suppose we're arguing about terminology.

Cause I expect those things in a villain, but I wouldn't call it a redeeming quality.

Just part of making a good villain.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be fair, it's also that the reason for her actions is never really explained. She's obsessed with life fiber research, that's fine, but the reason for it or her cruelty is never really properly explained. And combine that with the fact that she's an absolute freaking creep and you've got a really abhorrent villain on your hands. \

Even if the villain is all evil, I don't think the character should be so bad that it should make you hate them any time they appear onscreen. Having some interesting mannerisms or quirks goes a long way.

But, if you want to make a hateable villain, at least give more screen-time to scenes where they are getting pummelled by the heroes. That's a good way to keep the viewer satisfied. Her end was rather underwhelming too.

As it stands for me, Kill la Kill is a rather textbook example of how to not design villains.
Fair enough.
As for my story, on top of my head. There is 3 vilains that don't have redeemable quality. Amd for now, there is only one where I still need to find a reason to why he is evil and not resort to a boring or underwhelming way to explain his horrible act. (He is also not really crazy or scary, but I don't want to make all the vilaina crazy or scary. I'm trying more along the line of "a selfish goal that resulted in destruction and pain around me" kind of vilain).
You're probably looking at redeemable qualities wrong.

Well done villains/antagonists are those that you "love to hate" rather than just hate them because they're a villain. The redeemable quality is that they have something to them that really helps sell whatever they're doing, and being evil for the sake of being evil just isn't something people find enjoyable. The Joker from The Dark Knight movie is one such villain that is oozing with redeemable qualities, everyone just loves to hate him because he's a villain with clear motives and everything he does has weight, it makes the entire thing a ton more enjoyable for the audience.

Except those villains do have redeemable qualities too. Even if they're evil for the sake of being evil. Freiza brings out a lot from the characters and creates tension that keeps the audience on their toes.
Isn't redeemable and love to hate two different thing?
Don't get me wong, you can make a character that is redeemable and make him also a "love to hate" vilain.
Heck, The Joker like you said, is the perfect exemple! He is a psychopath that could care less about the world or even himself. But he is such a goofball and entertaining vilain that you can't help but love the guy. Despise the billion of peoples he killed over the years.
We also know he has a past, but we don't actually know his true past. He could be a asshole, a normal guy that become insane after one bad day, or a supervilain that had just a different idendity at the time. (And as of now in the comics, there is apparantly THREE Joker roaming around. Which make him even more complicate).

In short, The Joker is the best vilain period. He has everything that make a good vilain "good". He is THE - or atleast, one of the best - exemple if you want to make a good vilain.

Brief, in short, put some spotlight on the vilain so that we know them enough so that, when they are opposing the heroes. We actually care about both sides and not just only one. Or else, you failed your vilain or your heroes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fair enough.
As for my story, on top of my head. There is 3 vilains that don't have redeemable quality. Amd for now, there is only one where I still need to find a reason to why he is evil and not resort to a boring or underwhelming way to explain his horrible act. (He is also not really crazy or scary, but I don't want to make all the vilaina crazy or scary. I'm trying more along the line of "a selfish goal that resulted in destruction and pain around me" kind of vilain).
It's a matter of being able to enjoy them, really.

A redeeming quality isn't about having good qualities, just having a reason for their actions or being fun to watch is good enough.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thank you Kurri ★ Kurri ★ for teaming up with me in Overwatch, it was really fun.
Quote from Melia in Xenoblade: "I see your strength is the genuine article!"

And Splatoon 2 is going to have global test fire on March 24-26
Now this makes me want to buy Switch in March.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's a matter of being able to enjoy them, really.

A redeeming quality isn't about having good qualities, just having a reason for their actions or being fun to watch is good enough.
It's probably just me in that case.
I just love seeing the vilain perspective in general. I love Dio and Kira because we see them from their point of view alot. We see less Dio than Kira but it still work. He is one of the reason as to why I love Phantom Blood despise the shortcoming of the part. Even better, just seeing how well Dio is writted despise the fact that PB is reeeeeally old make even more proud of Araki as a writter. Because to this day, Dio is still a great vilain despise how the real world has changed and new peoples still finding the character great.

Too bad Diavolo was kinda of a miss.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Isn't redeemable and love to hate two different thing?
Don't get me wong, you can make a character that is redeemable and make him also a "love to hate" vilain.
Heck, The Joker like you said, is the perfect exemple! He is a psychopath that could care less about the world or even himself. But he is such a goofball and entertaining vilain that you can't help but love the guy. Despise the billion of peoples he killed over the years.
We also know he has a past, but we don't actually know his true past. He could be a *******, a normal guy that become insane after one bad day, or a supervilain that had just a different idendity at the time. (And as of now in the comics, there is apparantly THREE Joker roaming around. Which make him even more complicate).

In short, The Joker is the best vilain period. He has everything that make a good vilain "good". He is THE - or atleast, one of the best - exemple if you want to make a good vilain.

Brief, in short, put some spotlight on the vilain so that we know them enough so that, when they are opposing the heroes. We actually care about both sides and not just only one. Or else, you failed your vilain or your heroes.
Well, I was talking specifically about The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger Joker, since that's not only the most popular, but best performance of the Joker in cinema to date.

And yes, the two are different things. It's more like how a square is a type of rectangle but a rectangle is not a square. Love to hate is a redeemable quality, but redeemable quality does not mean love to hate. You can have villains that you don't hate, such as villains that are clearly wrong, but you can sympathize with them to the point that you actually feel bad seeing them lose in a way.. The point is that the villain makes the story more engaging. If your villain doesn't have any redeemable qualities, then what's the point? Unless they're just a minor character, they're just dragging down the story.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel obligated to bring up Judge Claude Frollo when it comes to villain discussion.

Still the best Disney villain. Scarily realistic, sinister, and Tony Jay gave one "hell" of a performance. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I was talking specifically about The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger Joker, since that's not only the most popular, but best performance of the Joker in cinema to date.

And yes, the two are different things. It's more like how a square is a type of rectangle but a rectangle is not a square. Love to hate is a redeemable quality, but redeemable quality does not mean love to hate. You can have villains that you don't hate, such as villains that are clearly wrong, but you can sympathize with them to the point that you actually feel bad seeing them lose in a way.. The point is that the villain makes the story more engaging. If your villain doesn't have any redeemable qualities, then what's the point? Unless they're just a minor character, they're just dragging down the story.
Yeah, you're right.
No really, I don't have anything to say on that. You're right on this point.

The only idea that come up is that, long series have always this problem because, along all the problem of making a show longer and longer. It's become harder to make a good vilain that isn't a copypasta of the previous vilain. An unless your story doesn't have a real vilain or none at all. It's going to be hard to surpass the previous great vilains. (I'm looking at you, Powerpuff Girl 2016:4ryu:)
I feel obligated to bring up Judge Claude Frollo when it comes to villain discussion.

Still the best Disney villain. Scarily realistic, sinister, and Tony Jay gave one "hell" of a performance. :p
Oh yeah, I love him, for sure. Best Disney vilain ever.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Thank you Kurri ★ Kurri ★ for teaming up with me in Overwatch, it was really fun.

The only question I have is what time zone the times will be based on, especially since Splatoon's first Global Test Fires were six different one hour time slots.

If it's based on Japan's timezone, Europe gets screwed over, if it is based on a time zone in the US, Japan and Australia get screwed over, especially since most of the test fire times might not be after work/school hours like in the Splatoon's Global Test Fire's (iirc).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy ****, the news post on the front page has a disaster of a comment section, courtesy of the usual "anti-SJW" alt right crowd...

Yeah, you're right.
No really, I don't have anything to say on that. You're right on this point.

The only idea that come up is that, long series have always this problem because, along all the problem of making a show longer and longer. It's become harder to make a good vilain that isn't a copypasta of the previous vilain. An unless your story doesn't have a real vilain or none at all. It's going to be hard to surpass the previous great vilains. (I'm looking at you, Powerpuff Girl 2016:4ryu:)

Oh yeah, I love him, for sure. Best Disney vilain ever.
Definitely. Scar and Maleficent may have their fans, but Frollo reigns supreme for me. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy ****, the news post on the front page has a disaster of a comment section, courtesy of the usual "anti-SJW" alt right crowd...

Definitely. Scar and Maleficent may have their fans, but Frollo reigns supreme for me. :p
Yeah, he is really the most evil Disney vilain, just because of how "human" he is.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Okay
NOW I'm getting a Switch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Hunchback of Notre Dame isn't exactly a story perfectly fitting to be a children's cartoon. Unlike the other sources of Disney cartoons which, while potentially gruesome in their original version, WERE meant for children.

Probably while Frollo is a different kind of villain than the other Disney villains

That said #TeamScar

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Russell Westbrook vs Kevin Durant is officially my favorite Anime Rivalry.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair, it's also that the reason for her actions is never really explained. She's obsessed with life fiber research, that's fine, but the reason for it or her cruelty is never really properly explained. And combine that with the fact that she's an absolute freaking creep and you've got a really abhorrent villain on your hands.

Yeah I tried watching Kill la Kill a while back and made it like 5 episodes in before I stopped cause the villains were bad.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only question I have is what time zone the times will be based on, especially since Splatoon's first Global Test Fires were six different one hour time slots.

If it's based on Japan's timezone, Europe gets screwed over, if it is based on a time zone in the US, Japan and Australia get screwed over, especially since most of the test fire times might not be after work/school hours like in the Splatoon's Global Test Fire's (iirc).
I'm pretty sure they will give out more details about the global test fire soon when Switch launches.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I believe irredeemable villains are good. You hate their mere existence, and that's the point. Like Umbridge from Harry Potter. Mention her name to Harry Potter fans and say she's great will automatically get people pissed, and that was JK Rowling's intention, so she succeeded there.
Kamen Rider Genm's also such a kind I believe, so far of what we've seen, he's imprisoned his own father, is willingly infecting people with a parasitic virus because it gets him closer to his goals, betrayed everyone he's ever known, gotten rid of the slightest possible evidence to his identity, beat up a child for accidentally picking up one of his gadgets, tried to murder a child as he needed 'data on death', tortured a fan favourite main character for finding out his identity, killed said character immediately after knowing something about him, taunting the main protagonist about said murder and killed someone's surrogate son right in front of them because the surrogate son was a mook from something that wasn't made by him and finally, threatened his lackey. What makes him ESPECIALLY terrifying is how in the show, you can die and it's permanent. He found a way to cheat death so he can't be defeated, only overpowered to the point he gives up. And everyone in that show can teleport multiple people at once

EDIT: There's even his main goal which was revealed today, he wants to force every single human in a fight to the death in which he remains supreme, because he literally can not die

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, I believe irredeemable villains are good. You hate their mere existence, and that's the point. Like Umbridge from Harry Potter. Mention her name to Harry Potter fans and say she's great will automatically get people pissed, and that was JK Rowling's intention, so she succeeded there.
Kamen Rider Genm's also such a kind I believe, so far of what we've seen, he's imprisoned his own father, is willingly infecting people with a parasitic virus because it gets him closer to his goals, betrayed everyone he's ever known, gotten rid of the slightest possible evidence to his identity, beat up a child for accidentally picking up one of his gadgets, tried to murder a child as he needed 'data on death', tortured a fan favourite main character for finding out his identity, killed said character immediately after knowing something about him, taunting the main protagonist about said murder and killed someone's surrogate son right in front of them because the surrogate son was a mook from something that wasn't made by him and finally, threatened his lackey. What makes him ESPECIALLY terrifying is how in the show, you can die and it's permanent. He found a way to cheat death so he can't be defeated, only overpowered to the point he gives up. And everyone in that show can teleport multiple people at once

EDIT: There's even his main goal which was revealed today, he wants to force every single human in a fight to the death in which he remains supreme, because he literally can not die
For Genm, has it been explained why he is like that? Or why he's doing that? How he ended up like that?

Kiryuin and Nui lacked that. Which is why they fell flat for me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
For Genm, has it been explained why he is like that? Or why he's doing that? How he ended up like that?

Kiryuin and Nui lacked that. Which I why they fell flat for me.
He has a god complex. Then again, only 18 out of 48-ish episodes are out, but as of now, no. And there's a great reason for Ragyo and Nui. Life Fibers are parasitic. There are parasites that change their hosts behaviour, like getting mice to just go to cats or even giving crabs sex changes, so what's to say that those weren't the case? For Nui, she was raised evil, so she'd grow up evil

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He has a god complex. Then again, only 18 out of 48-ish episodes are out, but as of now, no. And there's a great reason for Ragyo and Nui. Life Fibers are parasitic. There are parasites that change their hosts behaviour, like getting mice to just go to cats or even giving crabs sex changes, so what's to say that those weren't the case? For Nui, she was raised evil, so she'd grow up evil
I'll concede that Nui doesn't really need a reason to be evil. And if that was the reason for Raigyo, they should have shown it. Character development shouldn't come from speculation.

I guess it comes down to taste. I don't really enjoy villains that make me want to strangle them the moment they appear on-screen. Not to mention that they are shown to be overpowered right from the beginning, so no matter what they did, it didn't feel mind blowing, just par for the course.

Nui is just a no-no. Cute and psycho is a already overdone trope on its own and I can't stand those characters personally (I hate Peri in FE Fates similarly). And she's irritating on top of that. I admittedly felt really happy every time she screamed in pain. :p

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Beat Chapter 9-4 finally. Level 24 4* Nino beat the boss and the healer behind him all in one turn.

My other teamates were 4* lvl25 Caeda, 4* lvl 20 Tiki(not young) and 4*lvl 22 Sophia.

Took a lot of time to get a lot of my heroes to 4* lvl 20 or higher. Still working on getting Cherche and Sully to that point since I just made them 4*.

Edit: beat final chapter on normal too but decided to use lights blessing sooo yh. Got my orb yay.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And if that was the reason for Raigyo, they should have shown it. Character development shouldn't come from speculation.
I disagree with that. It's called 'show, don't tell'. They show that Life Fibers are parasitic and they aren't treating their audience like idiots. Studio Trigger likes doing this I hear, and it gives the fans something to do

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I disagree with that. It's called 'show, don't tell'. They show that Life Fibers are parasitic and they aren't treating their audience like idiots. Studio Trigger likes doing this I hear, and it gives the fans something to do
It's too important of a point to just leave it to fan speculation. It just feels like incomplete. We never really see her how she was before her life fiber obsession, so I can assume that she's doing it of her own free will and that interpretation would be just as valid.

"Show, don't tell" implies you can put two and two together and arrive at a conclusion. Here, there just isn't enough information given to put together and conclude something definite.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Only heroes worth mentioning from my 5th summoning ritual are 3*Odin and 4*star Niles. They are on my new team ready to be trained up along with newly upgraded Anna to 3*. I plan to get Odin and Anna both to 4* eventually.

I have made a leveling up system ting through using about 5 teams loool.

And seriouslly....I have to do Chapters all -5 part of Chapters 1 to 5 on hard again to get the goal rewards. Should have waited till beaten everything on normal.

This means ill have to do the same for 1-5 and 2-5 lunatic in the future too. >.>

Welp, at least ill remember not to do the part 5s but can do the first 4 stages for the orbs.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finished 9-1 on lunatic...had a realization that soon I'll be out of ways to get orbs besides login bonuses. 4 maps and the lunatic armor quest and that'll be it. :/

D

Deleted member

When I think of "redeeming qualities" in a villain, I think of qualities that fhey have that are morally redeemable.
Being entertaining to watch is a whole other thing and those usually DON'T have redeeming qualities.
I don't think villains necessarily need a reason to be evil, it can just be "For The Evulz" if they're enjoyable and entertaining to watch, after all, tropes are tools.
Hell, I really like the Demon King in FE Sacred Stones because of how manipulative he is and actually accomplishing something.(though you only see that on Eirika's route, in Ephraim's, Lyon just goes crazy and homicidal).

One of my favorite kind of villain is the "Love to Hate" type(which all of SS villains fit to a T), they're despicable beings who deserve to be punished but they're just so fun to watch that you don't want to see them gone but, at the same time, it's so satisfying when they finally get defeated.
I think the most famous example would be Kefka, the guy who is responsible for 80% of everything bad that happens in FFVI, surpasses the Gods and even ****ing kills Leo. Yet, you're always waiting for him to show up again and when he does, you're probably angry because HE KILLED MOTHER****ING LEO but at the same time, it just fuels your Love/Hate and you just can't wait to kick his ****ing ass.

For the weebs here, that'd be Dio.
Really, just replace FFVI with Jojo and Leo with [REDACTED] and you have my opinion on Dio.
Also, Kira, because I actually found myself Rooting for the Empire numerous times and I had to remind myself that he was a mother****ing serial killer but it's not my fault he's so charismatic and has some relatable motivations
The "quiet life" part, not the "killing women and dating their severed hands" one

EDIT: why does everything I write turn out longer than expected?

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Finished 9-1 on lunatic...had a realization that soon I'll be out of ways to get orbs besides login bonuses. 4 maps and the lunatic armor quest and that'll be it. :/
Well, with special maps/events and monthly quests refreshing, Paralogues or more Main Story chapters, there will a steady stream of orbs. But yeah, it'll definitely be slower than the opening torrent we're rushing through right now.

I'm probably not going to be getting the Lunatic 9-2, 9-3, 9-4, and 9-5 orbs until quite a while because I think, as sad as it is to admit, I may need Light's Blessing for all of them. I've gotten crushed each time I've tried.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nui is just a non-no. Cute and psycho is a already overdone trope on its own and I can't stand those characters personally (I hate Peri in FE Fates similarly). And she's irritating on top of that. I admittedly felt really happy every time she screamed in pain. :p
You and me both.

.....though that's mainly because she legitimately creeped me out.

Like no joke, I often fantasize her being in a situation of pure terror such as going face to face with a certain Legendary Super Saiyan. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom