• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Everyone's just gonna vote for Ridley so might as well just get that one out of the way.
But what about the people that want Mother Brain and Kraid? :troll:

Though there is potential in two polls for Metroid. One for canon characters and the other for Prime characters (Sylux, Dark Samus, FF Marine).

I would say Metroid, but that would spark jokes and flame bait that would be too big for you to handle.

Maybe Kirby first, just to be on the safe side.
That joke was bad and you should feel bad.

Though I'm not scared of flame wars. One happened over Nabbit recently.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm late to the subject. But when it comes to fandoms, for some reason one that can be pretty bad, but no really ever really says is bad, is the pokemon fandom.

It has almost anything in a fandom that people tend to complain about, really. The controversy on which game is the best/worst, the cringy art and fan fiction that's more common than Sonic fan art that people make fun of, casuals vs hardcore, the bad fan theories. etc. If you can think of a common problem in fandoms, it's probably a problem in the pokemon fandom too.

Not that I particularly care or anything, it's just kind of weird how people say things like "I would like *insert thing here* if it weren't for the fandom" but many people who say that tend to like pokemon.

The way I see it, fandoms are really odd things. They're a collection of people with not too much in common other than an interest in a particular piece of media for the most part. Combined with the ease of talking **** online with, at times, an unhealthy obsession, you got a recipe for trouble right there.

There's nothing real wrong with being a fan of something. I'm sure everyone here on this thread has something they're passionate about and that's something to be celebrated and shared. Just be wary of going a little overboard and be polite to each other. After all, these are, just like, all just opinions here, man.

Last edited:

Chrono.

But what about the people that want Mother Brain and Kraid? :troll:

Though there is potential in two polls for Metroid. One for canon characters and the other for Prime characters (Sylux, Dark Samus, FF Marine).
Eh if it were me I'd just put a thread with all the dark horses. No need for 2 polls with a lot of fluff.

Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus and a 4th, maybe Rundas or smth. Idk.

D

Deleted member

The way I see it, fandoms are really odd things. They're a collection of people with not too much in common other than an interest in a particular piece of media for the most part. Combined with the ease of talking **** online with, at times, an unhealthy obsession, you got a recipe for trouble right there.

There's nothing real wrong with being a fan of something. I'm sure everyone here on this thread has something they're passionate about and that's something to be celebrated and shared. Just be wary of going a little overboard and be polite to each other. After all, these are, just like, all just opinions here, man.

Yes, that's a very good point, I completely agree with you. I'm basically just saying it feels like people choose whether or not to care about a fandom. I just think people shouldn't be ashamed to like something just because of the collective people that also like it.

D

Deleted member

So, anyone remembers Crunchyroll's Anime Awards? The Anime of the Year winner was revealed some weeks ago but I forgot about it so I decided to check and to nobody's surprise, YoI won.
And at this point, I'm just annoyed with myself for thinking it would be any different from the rest of the awards.
The problem is how ****ing salty some weebs are getting over this, seriously, can we stop hating on popular things just because they're popular?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, anyone remembers Crunchyroll's Anime Awards? The Anime of the Year winner was revealed some weeks ago but I forgot about it so I decided to check and to nobody's surprise, YoI won.
And at this point, I'm just annoyed with myself for thinking it would be any different from the rest of the awards.
The problem is how ****ing salty some weebs are getting over this, seriously, can we stop hating on popular things just because they're popular?
Ah yes, the great Yuri on Ice Salt War of 2016.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Glad I can eat at Golden Corral again.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Team Four Star still is based as ****

Note: Contains language that varies depending on the subtitles you choose.

Chrono.

You arent looking very far.

TP, WW, and especially OoT get called bad. . .all the time. MM i havent seen too much but im sure it exists.

:061:
MM is looked at more fondly nowadays but back in the day it was seen at the textbook example of a "bad" Zelda game. But time and the remake were kind to it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Screw y'all, I'll vote for Mother Brain because she's gonna get you like little princesses. :p
Nah, I'll put SA-X instead because you made too much Bigley jokes. :troll:

It makes me ashamed to be a Yuri on Ice fan where we are to blame for what happened to the awards. Sad really.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
In regards to the whole fandom thing, I wouldn't really go out of my way to look for a franchise that has the "perfect fandom" as every franchise and series out there has their fair share of bad eggs.

I mean the DS Zelda's along with Skyward Sword are pretty well known for the vocal hatebase that they have, but when I uploaded some high resolution art from those games, I've actually come across many fans who say that they actually adore and enjoyed those games a lot (No seriously, my high res Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks artwork are practically my most liked and reblogged submissions over at Tumblr beating out even my 3D model projects by a landslide and they still get a lot of attention to this day, which is kind of sad since I didn't really put any effort into those..... Just used Waifu2x and was done with them...)

Point is, if you find some people who enjoy the same things as you without being overly toxic over it, then more power to you. It's part of why I don't get overly invested with any specific fandoms anymore and just stick with a small circle of each. But that's probably just me....

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This might be a silly question, but can Shantae: Half Genie Hero be played with a keyboard and mouse? Many people are saying that a controller is the best option, so I'm just curious, as I'd 100% prefer to not play on a controller.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nah, I'll put SA-X instead because you made too much Bigley jokes. :troll:

It makes me ashamed to be a Yuri on Ice fan where we are to blame for what happened to the awards. Sad really.
NOOO! WRONG DOPPELGANGER!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In regards to the whole fandom thing, I wouldn't really go out of my way to look for a franchise that has the "perfect fandom" as every franchise and series out there has their fair share of bad eggs.

I mean the DS Zelda's along with Skyward Sword are pretty well known for the vocal hatebase that they have, but when I uploaded some high resolution art from those games, I've actually come across many fans who say that they actually adore and enjoyed those games a lot (No seriously, my high res Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks artwork are practically my most liked and reblogged submissions over at Tumblr beating out even my 3D model projects by a landslide and they still get a lot of attention to this day, which is kind of sad since I didn't really put any effort into those..... Just used Waifu2x and was done with them...)

Point is, if you find some people who enjoy the same things as you without being overly toxic over it, then more power to you. It's part of why I don't get overly invested with any specific fandoms anymore and just stick with a small circle of each. But that's probably just me....
Oooh I love Phantom Hourglass an Spirit Tracks art

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Can I see the artwork?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If I HAD to pick another Yoshi's Island character, I'd go with Poochy. That being said, Yoshi himself is pretty much a Mario character under a different franchise symbol, so giving the series any additional character seems forced.
That's my stance, more or less. None of them really feel at the point where they'd be compelling additions, and adding them in as "reps" isn't how it works anyway.

Where's the "None" option?
Is this guy playing the heel role to a T, or what?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hi folks, I'm back from watching LEGO Batman.

Robin is a cinnamon roll that must be protected and yes I cried.

And the Animal Crossing fandom is just there saying " Hi, anyone want a bed?" and " Sweet I got a fridge from a tree"
Animal Crossing is an odd one because they have these SUPER serious rituals for visiting each others' towns, but I've never once seen them actually fight about anything.

It seems like every fandom that doesn't meld into the hive mind of being irrationally angry at everything in existence has their own quirk, and for Animal Crossing it seems to be intimidating levels of formality. You manage to work with that, though, and they're pretty chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom