• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah I completely agree. From all of the negative things I've seen about "fandoms" I've just done my best to avoid them.
There's nothing necessarily wrong with them. It's just there's a lot of people who are heavily invested in them to the point of toxicity.

As invested as I've been to any series/franchise/whatever, I don't think I'd ever consider myself a fandom of any of them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
True, but considering how sacred Wind Waker, OoT and Majora's Mask are, why isn't Skyward Sword getting blind fanboys? TP and LTTP also get these, but not Skyward Sword
It does though.

Like, you're not looking very hard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It does though.

Like, you're not looking very hard.
Because the ones that hate the game are louder then the ones that like the game
If I have to go out of my way to find the SS fanboys, but not the other games, then I say that says something. Not to mention it's the only game I hear people say is outright bad

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I have to go out of my way to find the SS fanboys, but not the other games, then I say that says something
You really don't have to.

I see it all the time.

ot to mention it's the only game I hear people say is outright bad
I've heard people say all the 3D Zeldas are bad with various reasons (some valid, some not).

You're not looking very hard.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I had an interesting day today. I got to go to an event that had Erica Mendez, the voice actress who played characters such as Ryuko from Kill la Kill and Nico from Love Live in their English dubs!

Which means she voiced moments such as this infamous one (:p):

In general though, it was actually a really nice experience. People who were there got to get some questions answered during a Q&A section (I didn't ask one until the very end) and there were people who practiced voicing characters from various shows, some of which were roles she had done herself. Going to an event like this is certainly something you don't get to do every day, let me tell you that. :)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Please, where were you when ProtoMario made a "DO POKEMON TRAINERS GO TO THE BATHROOM?!?!" theory video?

lmao google is being racist
Well that's Proto tho...

He is saying that video was mainly satire, but seriously I think we're at that point where this game just needs to come out already...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

And now we are voting for Yoshi's Island characters.

Strange how Kamek, the babies, and Poochy are tied right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo, I just saw Lego Batman: The Movie, and it was pretty good!
While it's not perfect by any mean, it's still alot of fun and great reference to the Batman mythology. Not the mention all the little detail they put here and there, and how great the visual were. It was just Bat-awesome!

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Yo, I just saw Lego Batman: The Movie, and it was pretty good!
While it's not perfect by any mean, it's still alot of fun and great reference to the Batman mythology. Not the mention all the little detail they put here and there, and how great the visual were. It was just Bat-awesome!
Will definitely try to catch it soon along with John Wick 2. While we're on it, it's officially the 2nd highest DC on film on RT, only behind Dark Knight.

l bat.png

dark k.png

It's quite an achievement to be honest, but considering its peers among the modern DC films, perhaps it's a little sad.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

God news for all you slot..I mean FE Heroes players on here. Glad to see more of the older games getting rep soon.
Eirika and Ephraim lucked out with getting artwork that good. Is that based on their promoted classes?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
haha chrom.
CsItATHWEAEHYMs.jpg

I never played Awakening but always loved his design.
Placing 4th at the FEH poll told me he wasn't that much underrated or unpopular.
obligatory Opossum Opossum

Attachments

Last edited:

Chrono.

Will definitely try to catch it soon along with John Wick 2. While we're on it, it's officially the 2nd highest DC on film on RT, only behind Dark Knight.

View attachment 125959

View attachment 125960

It's quite an achievement to be honest, but considering its peers among the modern DC films, perhaps it's a little sad.
It sucks that recent DC films can't really capture what made Dark Knight actually good.

Not to mention shows like Arrow and Flash going down the crapper.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 125959

View attachment 125960

Well, atleast he didn't try to sell itself as the adaption of one of the greatest comic of all time. Only to **** on it and put the infamous sex scene that I still can't believe they actually put in it and say like: "Yeah, it's totally fine, bravo".

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well guys; I had an interesting day today. I got to go to an event that had Erica Mendez, the voice actress who played characters such as Ryuko from Kill la Kill and Nico from Love Live in their English dubs!

Which means she voiced moments such as this infamous one (:p):

In general though, it was actually a really nice experience. People who were there got to get some questions answered during a Q&A section (I didn't ask one until the very end) and there were people who practiced voicing characters from various shows, some of which were roles she had done herself. Going to an event like this is certainly something you don't get to do every day, let me tell you that. :)
Thank you for sharing with me that. It made me find out this dubsteb beatstepversion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJsRSArNYY&ab_channel=JazzHunterXYZ
wow, this animes ending is pretty good
what anime?

D

Deleted member

I watched the Lego Batman movie yesterday too
There's something wrong when it has better writing than the last two Batman-related movies to come out

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No worries, he is already dominating.

But expect Poochy to catch up since everyone loves that 3DS port with him.
How about Poochy stay where he belongs.

He's nothing more than a bandwagon character because of an Amiibo and port. He's Assist Trophy material at best.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I HAD to pick another Yoshi's Island character, I'd go with Poochy. That being said, Yoshi himself is pretty much a Mario character under a different franchise symbol, so giving the series any additional character seems forced.

Poochy just feels...less forced. That and he's adorable and actually currently-relevant.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw The LEGO Batman Movie as well.

It has the wit and charm as The LEGO Movie. The casting is great, the jokes land, and is a fantastic love letter to Batman as a whole.

I caught what may be a pot shot at the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Considering this is a LEGO movie and not a DCEU movie, I think it's perfectly fine.

Also, the theater I went to had a Mega Blocks ad play before the trailers.
What.

D

Deleted member

I'm late to the subject. But when it comes to fandoms, for some reason one that can be pretty bad, but no really ever really says is bad, is the pokemon fandom.

It has almost anything in a fandom that people tend to complain about, really. The controversy on which game is the best/worst, the cringy art and fan fiction that's more common than Sonic fan art that people make fun of, casuals vs hardcore, the bad fan theories/creepypastas. etc. If you can think of a common problem in fandoms, it's probably a problem in the pokemon fandom too.

Not that I particularly care or anything, it's just kind of weird how people say things like "I would like *insert thing here* if it weren't for the fandom" but many people who say that tend to like pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched The Dark Knight Rises for the first time today. It was really great.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And now we are voting for Yoshi's Island characters.

Strange how Kamek, the babies, and Poochy are tied right now.
I don't have a Twitter account, so I can't vote myself, but I hope Kamek wins this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom