• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
IMO if a unit requires optimal team synergy despite not needing much in terms of SI on the unit themselves, then yes, that's still high investment. You still need to build those other units as well. In Nino's case, you need a team who can give her all of those buffs through their C skills or Assists, an Eirika, or a Brave Lucina.

And Eirika may be a 4-Star but she's also a sword user so she's in the red pool which is the worst one after colourless in terms of trying to get a specific unit. Eirika doesn't appear that often.

And assuming you do pull Eirika as a 4-Star, you still need to promote her to give her Sieglinde. Then you need to promote Nino herself since she's normally not available as 5-Star unless it's a blade tome banner. So that's 40,000 feathers right there. That's before you've done the extra SI on both characters.

People call Inigo high investment (he is, for different reasons), yet you can have him serve his main purpose as a Rein/BLyn check who also dances with 0 Feathers spent (Gronnraven+ helps a little but it barely makes a difference, he does fine with a regular Gronnraven in most instances). So I don't see how one can argue Nino isn't high investment considering how most people will be spending 40,000 feathers on her.
A minor nitpick: Brave Lucina can't function as a blade tome buffer in the same way that Eirika/Ephraim/axe Azura can, as her buffs are in-battle (Drive and Spur) - only out-of-battle buffs (Hone, Fortify, and Rally) count for the effect of blade tomes. Her buffs (except Drive Speed) only apply to physical units anyway, so she's of no help at all to a blade mage. Unless you do something like Rally Spd/Res as her assist, Hone Attack as her C skill, and Fortify Def as her seal. But literally anyone can do that (except healers), so you're just wasting her default Drive Speed, which is pretty good.

40,000 feathers is not that much these days, anyway. Depending on how well you do in the arena, Tempest Trials, and Voting Gauntlets, you can get that in three or four weeks. Not that heavy an investment any more. And both Nino and Eirika only need skills that are available from common 3-4 star units that many players will have several of, so that 40,000 feathers is all you need for them. I'll admit Eirika isn't the most common character, but if you pull reds often enough you have a good chance of finding her sooner or later. Alternatively, you could get axe Azura from the current banner, or if you're particularly lucky, Ephraim is good too.

I think Inigo really needs the extra 4 Mt from Gronnraven+, personally. His Atk will be painfully low without it (and I have one who is -Atk, so he really needs it). Triangle Adept helps, but it's not enough: that missing 4 Mt will leave him unable to kill brave Lyn or Reinhardt if they have Fortify Cavalry active, but he would kill both with Gronnraven+, even if you throw in a few merges on Lyn/Reinhardt. I think the only instance where you can afford to drop that 4 Mt is in the case of cavalry or flying blade tomes, because of how you're stacking such big buffs on them; for raven tomes, I think the extra 4 Mt is always needed. So that's at least 20,000 feathers spent just to inherit a unit away; it's a different sort of investment to spending on a unit you'll actually use, but the fact you lose the unit if you inherit them away makes it a heavier investment, I think.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
There is some hilarious, yet terrifying irony(or coincidence if that's the word I should be using) with Sigurd's choice of voice actors. In English, he's voiced by Grant George, who also did Lancer from Fate/Zero. :smirk: He also does the Warrior of Light in the Dissidia games. And why do I mention that too? Cause in Japanese, he is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa who, alongside doing Naruto's father Minato, is also widely known as the JP voice of Sephiroth. :laugh:

Like I said, hilarious yet terrifying irony/coincidence. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god its the raid of the elite idiots.

This guy just tried to teach me Pokemon.

As I was sweeping him.

He goes. "Oh just so you know, sound-based moves like Bug Buzz go through Substitute"

Like, get out of my face. I graduated school, jackass.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay but, what's the difference between carrying two Dancers and carrying one Dancer and one Buffer especifically for Nino?
You're not wasting the Dancer since this is a AxuraXEirika comparison and not a AxuraXAny other Dancer one.
Besides, Axura can do the job of a buffer and a Dancer, so she takes less resources.

I have Axezura perform various jobs, she's not just there to buff Nino. Hell, most of the time, I don't even need the buffs for the first attack which means I get an attack and a second and even more powerful attack after that.

And even besides that, Nino still doesn't take much investment. All Axezura is is the easiest way to buff Nino really high. When all she really needs is one good buffer, which can be Eirika or whiever else, she makes for a really easy to use unit.
Like, what about promoting an unit is "heavy investment"?

She's still an inferior buffer to the other options like Eirika because the buff is weaker (i.e Nino's blade tome doesn't get powered up as much). Combined with the "tap the unit to use their turn and then dance them" approach that you will inevitably have to rely on, she's doing both the buffing and dancing job less efficiently. Which is why having a dedicated buffer plus a dancer gives you more options.

I mean personally, I don't even like the idea of having a dedicated buffer who buffs one really powerful unit (unless it's TT and Chain Challenge where I have Elise offer heals, Def buffs, and Res buffs. Or Genny too). Would rather spread the buff skills out amongst a bunch of powerful units so that I have more options. But Axezura definitely isn't designed to be a dedicated buffer.

If you're big into buffing a specific unit, then having a dedicated buffer AND Axezura would probably be ideal, since it gives you a lot of flexibility in how your spread out your buffs. But trying to have Axezura do both is going to cause you limitations, especially since she's more frail than other buffers like Eirika. One common strat is to have a bulky buffer bait an enemy in for your Nino or whoever else so that Nino can follow-up on Player Phase. Axezura can't really do this.

A minor nitpick: Brave Lucina can't function as a blade tome buffer in the same way that Eirika/Ephraim/axe Azura can, as her buffs are in-battle (Drive and Spur) - only out-of-battle buffs (Hone, Fortify, and Rally) count for the effect of blade tomes. Her buffs (except Drive Speed) only apply to physical units anyway, so she's of no help at all to a blade mage. Unless you do something like Rally Spd/Res as her assist, Hone Attack as her C skill, and Fortify Def as her seal. But literally anyone can do that (except healers), so you're just wasting her default Drive Speed, which is pretty good.

40,000 feathers is not that much these days, anyway. Depending on how well you do in the arena, Tempest Trials, and Voting Gauntlets, you can get that in three or four weeks. Not that heavy an investment any more. And both Nino and Eirika only need skills that are available from common 3-4 star units that many players will have several of, so that 40,000 feathers is all you need for them. I'll admit Eirika isn't the most common character, but if you pull reds often enough you have a good chance of finding her sooner or later. Alternatively, you could get axe Azura from the current banner, or if you're particularly lucky, Ephraim is good too.

I think Inigo really needs the extra 4 Mt from Gronnraven+, personally. His Atk will be painfully low without it (and I have one who is -Atk, so he really needs it). Triangle Adept helps, but it's not enough: that missing 4 Mt will leave him unable to kill brave Lyn or Reinhardt if they have Fortify Cavalry active, but he would kill both with Gronnraven+, even if you throw in a few merges on Lyn/Reinhardt. I think the only instance where you can afford to drop that 4 Mt is in the case of cavalry or flying blade tomes, because of how you're stacking such big buffs on them; for raven tomes, I think the extra 4 Mt is always needed. So that's at least 20,000 feathers spent just to inherit a unit away; it's a different sort of investment to spending on a unit you'll actually use, but the fact you lose the unit if you inherit them away makes it a heavier investment, I think.
Investment is always going to be subjective to interpretation to some degree, especially when it comes to the units used. I have a Gronnraven+, Rein/Blyn destroying Inigo myself, but I basically had everything I needed for him anyway when I pulled him, and I had no plans to really use the units I used for SI. So to me, personally, that wasn't a big deal.

Feathers are an objectively quantifiable resource though (i.e they're a literal number), and they are limited. While it is easier to earn them these days, you still only get big packs of them on IS's terms and schedule. And how much you get depends on how powerful your units really are. And if you REALLY want to get lots of them, you need to invest your Stamina Potions for things like Tempest Trials.

And like you just said, you're probably gonna get 20,000 over the course of about a month, and that's assuming you're extremely dedicated to the game...so that's a huge time investment too.

So yeah, the amount of feathers are an investment, one of the bigger ones in general IMO.

I don't think Nino is the highest investment unit out there, not by a longshot, and Inigo is definitely more overall investment with the amount of units you need for inheritance. But Nino still requires feathers at a baseline unlike a lot of powerful characters, and requires getting other units that can buff her and building those appropriately. That's still an investment, just a different kind. Maybe "heavy" was too strong a word, maybe I should say "moderate". But I don't think she's low investment. That'd be comparing her to someone like Delthea.

As for Inigo, most people actually don't bother with Gronnraven+ because like I said, it's not needed. IIRC, the only drawback of vanilla Gronnraven is that a highly merged Brave Lyn with cavalry buffs might take two rounds of combat, which Inigo won't be able to deal with unless he heals. Which you can still work with. Gronnraven+ makes it much less likely you need to heal, which is better, but he can still check Brave Lyn and Reinhardt in most situations with just vanilla. The introduction of SS Forge has made vanilla Gronnraven even more viable too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I got a new game on my phone called Anime Gacha.

I didn't play too much. But it looks simple enough. The characters are pretty cute and its offline/free too.

Can't go wrong with that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Getting closer to the spooky time...

So let's spook ourselves a little.

What are your top five scariest animated Disney film moments?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Spooky Disney Moments?

Well I don't have a Top 5 at the moment, but I can tell you a spooky tale I have with an old Rex toy I had as a child.

So there I was, minding my own business, playing with my toys. I was only 6, god forbid am I right? Anyways, I just recently found my Rex action figure under my bed. The unique thing about this toy was that it was slightly hollow at the inside- from the mouth to the middle. I don't know why so don't ask. Anyways, I was playing with it when suddenly, a small Wolf Spiider crawled out from Rex's mouth and onto my arm. I screamed for dear life as I have never seen a spider that big before. My brother screeched into the room, and killed the Wolf Spider before it could devour my flesh.

It was from that day on that I learned the true reason why Rex is so timid.

Because he fears what is inside himself.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I always have Night on Bald Mountain as Number 1. With the Theme Park bit in Pinocchio being Number 2. But otherwise, I don't really have a specific placement for some other moments. I remember the Queen's transformation in Snow White being scary. Same for the end moment in The Black Cauldron with the Undead, but back then, I was also alot more scared of Zombie-like creatures.

Also, do 3D Animated films count? Like Tim Burton's films? Cause both James & the Giant Peach and Nightmare before Christmas also gave me some frights, with the pirate scene and the dark Rhino cloud thing in the former and Oogie's scenes in the latter.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guarantee one of the 2 chargers coming tonight I won't be high enough level to use.. even though I hate everything about chargers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There are some sketches for future Sonic Forces comic pages in the files of the currently released one.

One of them includes an unmasked Infinite.

mQY8Ads.jpg

54v6g0K.jpg

3RYvGat.jpg

nfrHkUW.jpg

D

Deleted member

In no particular order:

Pleasure Island (Pinocchio)
Queen Transformation (Snow White)
Night on Bald Mountain (Fantasia)
Pink Elephants on Parade (Dumbo)
Ursula in general (The Little Mermaid)

I had to really think about the last two, since I'm not as easily scared now as I was in my younger years.

D

Deleted member

There were a couple close ones.
I guess
I was surprised at how tanky Oricorio ended up being tho, I expected her to die in two hits
The new jello apocalypse is pretty accurate:
Ok but the part about Marco's two friends is so ****ing true
Like, I don't think there's a single person who would say Jackie and Janna weren't a major improvement on the main cast

100% the ending of Tarzan where clayton ****ing hangs himself trying to kill tarzan.

. . .Only other spooky things were Toy Story 3's Cymbal monkey, and everyone accepting their inevitable deaths. . .

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
100% the ending of Tarzan where clayton ****ing hangs himself.

. . .Only other spooky things were Toy Story 3's Cymbal monkey, and everyone accepting their inevitable deaths. . .
He doesn't hang himself. He gets turned into a heartless and Sora and Tarzan murder him.

D

Deleted member

Oh, apparently, Grape-kun, the penguin who fell in love with that penguin anime girl, has died.
Rest in peace, buddy, may you meet your waifu in the afterlaifu

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some of the games on the SNES Classic look TERRIBLE in HD

The CRT Filter actually makes them look better for some reason

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I feel like there's a trend in Fate series works where all or most of the cast has to band up temporarily to fight a giant monster that threatens to destroy the entire world, and said monster is created by that Holy Grail War's Caster servant.

I mean, first was Gille de Rais summoning Cthulu around Fate/Zero, and now in Fate/Apocrypha...

Caster of Black, who betrayed to join Shiro Kotomine's faction in episode 13, backstabs his old master by sacrificing him to become the vessel for his Noble Phantasm (yeah, RIP to another master we barely knew about): a giant golem that can create plants with every step, as well as regenerate itself with every injury.

And just like Fate/Zero, Saber was required to vanquish the giant beast, but in Fate/Apocrypha's case's, it's almost the same, but two Sabers are needed, well technically a homunculi who can turn in Siegfried but you get the point.

And Caster of Black died by the end. I thought he would die later on considering what he did in the episode prior (to give some time screentime for Caster of Black to fight for Shiro's team), but I guess I was wrong.

On another note, I found this gem that parodies that one scene from the last Fate/Apocrypha episode:

Lol.:laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Happy Halloween I guess

Pit Smile Pumpkin Cropped Smaller.png

The level of saccharine the Mega Man Twitter puts out inspired me to commit grievous acts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess
I was surprised at how tanky Oricorio ended up being tho, I expected her to die in two hits

Ok but the part about Marco's two friends is so ****ing true
Like, I don't think there's a single person who would say Jackie and Janna weren't a major improvement on the main cast

It really is. They were only made because freaking disney thought male influences and companions were needed for Marco. Disney should realize this is wrong by now hopefully. The creator even hated them and is glad they are gone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm finally getting Undertale for PS4.

Now I will be able to play it at my place and without distraction.

PSYCHO! Where's your early holiday spirit?!
Well, it may not be Halloween but it is

Friday the 13th

The most appropriate Friday the 13th

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think you guys should take my toy Rex story more seriously.

Don't we all fear what's inside ourselves? Don't we lose but regain then find out it was better to lose?

These are philosophical questions, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom