• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
**** it, Im picking Litten again in Ultra Moon.

That'll allow me to use Dhelmise without feeling unbalanced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only thing I like about Litten is the learning of Leech Life, which is my favorite attack

If I was a gym Leader, I'd give out the TM for Leech Life

D

Deleted member

I'm currently sitting on 56 Orbs waiting for the day Joshua gets on FEH aka never
Pls IS give me my precious husbando
Only thing I like about Litten is the learning of Leech Life, which is my favorite attack

If I was a gym Leader, I'd give out the TM for Leech Life
Speaking of which, why is X-Scissor still a TM now?
It just feels pointless when you have another move that is completely superior to it.

D

Deleted member

For Pokemon that don't learn Leech Life.
How many Pokemon are there that can only learn X-Scissor through TM and can't learn Leech Life?
I feel like they could give X-Scissor something more though, like a hugh crit rate like it should always have had.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
How many Pokemon are there that can only learn X-Scissor through TM and can't learn Leech Life?
I feel like they could give X-Scissor something more though, like a hugh crit rate like it should always have had.

Some non-Bug-type Pokemon with claws, like Hawlucha, can learn X-Scissor.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Decidueye doesn't need to be in the movie.

Its a fighter in Pokken.

Can't wait to see Primarina's appearance in a Pokémon infomercial.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
hey guys did you see that M&M's made it into FE Heroes?

IMG_20171011_124322.jpg

I pulled from the Minerva banner since I could use her for my Flier Emblem team that I want to build (recently pulled Hinoka while trying to pull for Takumi, whom I also managed to get), but I didn't get her.

I did get another Clair though, finally. 4-Star too, so didn't break my pity rate for Minerva.

Only eight more Clairs to go! :teeth:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
To answer the X-Scissor question:
  1. Beedrill
  2. Sandshrew/Sandslash
  3. Krabby/Kingler
  4. Kabutops
  5. Sneasel/Weavile
  6. Skarmory
  7. Shiftry
  8. Seviper
  9. Corphish/Crawdaunt
  10. Absol
  11. Vespiquen
  12. Skorupi/Drapion
  13. Croagunk/Toxicroak
  14. Leafeon
  15. Gallade
  16. Darkrai
  17. Arceus
  18. Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
  19. Drilbur/Excadrill
  20. Scolipede
  21. Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
  22. Pawniard/Bisharp
  23. Cobalion
  24. Terrakion
  25. Virizion
  26. Keldeo
  27. Pangoro
  28. Binacle/Barbaracle
  29. Hawlucha
  30. Trevenant
  31. Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o
  32. Necrozma
Bug-types are underlined.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You (and Psycho making a Halloween pun) aside, Teran and Weeman each called me a weeb once in the Disco Room. The former came seemingly out of nowhere, while the latter was a response to me mistaking a thread Kokonoe made called XC's (roman numeral 90) for a Xenoblade Chronicles thread. I assume neither one of the two was serious, but I could be wrong.

I'll admit that some things I've posted in the past may have been weebish, like that Japanese Crash Bandicoot music video in a certain Disco Room thread.
You're still a weeb.
:039:

D

Deleted member

hey guys did you see that M&M's made it into FE Heroes?

View attachment 133133

I pulled from the Minerva banner since I could use her for my Flier Emblem team that I want to build (recently pulled Hinoka while trying to pull for Takumi, whom I also managed to get), but I didn't get her.

I did get another Clair though, finally. 4-Star too, so didn't break my pity rate for Minerva.

Only eight more Clairs to go! :teeth:
I always wondered what M&M's meant and now I can finally be sure it's Mince and Murder because that's what this map is doing to me on Infernal

I went for a Colorless Orb since all the others were Red and I really don't want any reds right now
And I got... a 4* Matthew, at least it isn't a Healer

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always wondered what M&M's meant and now I can finally be sure it's Mince and Murder because that's what this map is doing to me on Infernal

I went for a Colorless Orb since all the others were Red and I really don't want any reds right now
And I got... a 4* Matthew, at least it isn't a Healer

I actually found this one to be one of the easiest. First time I beat an Infernal map on my first try. Did it with my Clair, Black Knight, Inigo, and Brave Lyn, who are my standard Arena team anyway. Inigo can be replaced with any Dancer though since that's all I used him for. Other Archers would probably work fine here, especially if they have a Brave Bow (which my Lyn doesn't have).

Biggest tip I can give you is that you pretty much need Reposition on at least one unit (in my case it was Clair), because the units here are fairly bulky and you won't even ORKO most of the fliers with an Archer. So you need to be able to keep retreating your units (mainly the Archer and Dancer) back towards the bottom of the map and out of the Danger Zone. Black Knight deals with Minerva just fine, and with Vantage, he can also take out the Red Mage IIRC. He can't do this to Maria though because she has Dazzling Staff 3 which prevents you from countering her, but she doesn't do a lot of damage anyway so you can just save her until everyone else is gone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually found this one to be one of the easiest. First time I beat an Infernal map on my first try. Did it with my Clair, Black Knight, Inigo, and Brave Lyn, who are my standard Arena team anyway. Inigo can be replaced with any Dancer though since that's all I used him for. Other Archers would probably work fine here, especially if they have a Brave Bow (which my Lyn doesn't have).

Biggest tip I can give you is that you pretty much need Reposition on at least one unit (in my case it was Clair), because the units here are fairly bulky and you won't even ORKO most of the fliers with an Archer. So you need to be able to keep retreating your units (mainly the Archer and Dancer) back towards the bottom of the map and out of the Danger Zone. Black Knight deals with Minerva just fine, and with Vantage, he can also take out the Red Mage IIRC. He can't do this to Maria though because she has Dazzling Staff 3 which prevents you from countering her, but she doesn't do a lot of damage anyway so you can just save her until everyone else is gone.
Team is Nino, Axezura, Brave Lyn and Hector.
My main problem is the Red Mage and no weakness Fliers, I can deal with Minerva easily by parking my Hector in the range of the Lance Peg on the right(which has a Firesweep Lance so I can't kill her on counter) but it leaves Hector below 50% HP.

The Red Mage can ORKO anyone but Brave Lyn and Nino but they'll both die by the fliers.
My Lyn has Reposition though, so maybe I can try something later.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Team is Nino, Axezura, Brave Lyn and Hector.
My main problem is the Red Mage and no weakness Fliers, I can deal with Minerva easily by parking my Hector in the range of the Lance Peg on the right(which has a Firesweep Lance so I can't kill her on counter) but it leaves Hector below 50% HP.

The Red Mage can ORKO anyone but Brave Lyn and Nino but they'll both die by the fliers.
My Lyn has Reposition though, so maybe I can try something later.

The dancer helps for getting units back to safety in some cases, along with Reposition.

It took me a while to remember what I did and it went a little differently than the first time, but I just recorded a successful attempt for r/fireemblemheroes so I'll post that once I upload it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You're so very welcome! :awesome:
Hard to believe 2017 is when we finally get a song for a Mario game to have lyrics (2 to be exact, other being the Phantom of the Bwahpera song in Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle).

Both are great too.
Hmmh. There's new kinds of charm explored for Mario with this all.

I just now hope we can get our Mario-lore back since all of the Paper Mario-related fiasco...

A little late but Super Bomberman R is getting a soundtrack in Japan on December 13.

The first run of the soundtrack will include a download code for a playable character: Takosuke Bomber (from Konami's "Parodius DA!")

(are those panties on its head?)

Hopefully it'll come to US and can get the character without the soundtrack as the game's music isn't too memorable to me personally (with one exception being World 1: Planet Technopolis)

Did they just...?!

(FYI, I absolutely loved Parodius-series many years back. Please let this be international...)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just completed The Master League in Magikarp Jump.

Are there any more leagues? Or are we basically just maxing at this point?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So have I missed anything? Corocoro leaks make me wonder how Dusk mane Necrozma is going to work assuming it'll have their typings. Sleep talk will probably get a bit of use with it..

Hopefully my brother Gets Oddessy when it releases later this month or is able to get it..

also this emote is just perfect :lol:

D

Deleted member

Gave Hector Axebreaker 1 and Nino Desperation 2 and that was enough to beat M&M on Infernal.
Axebreaker allowed him to tank Minerva better, have Nino tank the Mage, let Hector take care of the Lance Pegs and then it was just running from the Sword Peg until Lyn had a good shot on her.

73 Orbs now, how much more can we hoard?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Minerva and Maria's battle was pretty easy for me. I just threw Leon at it and he shot down every enemy with style. Even despite the two fliers with Iote's Shield, and the mage with Bowbreaker that's meant specifically to discourage bringing archers. Well, Azura, and Michalis with Reposition (who I originally planned to kill Minerva and Maria with, but it didn't quite work out) helped, but never mind them, Leon is the real star of the show here.
73 Orbs now, how much more can we hoard?
Pfft. I'm up to over 150 by now, all of which are getting spent the moment Sigurd graces us with his presence. I probably still won't get him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
22384019_1456739437707716_2192997080484313117_o.jpg

I woke up to this in our neighborhood

The dog usually acts tough but peed itself seeing this strange new creature

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My Fire Emblem Cipher series 2 booster box came in. I thought "The only two super rares I would feel disappointment with is Elise and Sakura."

*opens first pack, immediate SR Sakura* ..... *opens a few more and gets SR Elise* I wanted your eldest brothers dammit! Can I get Jakob? *opens SR Felicia* Gaaaaaaaah! :laugh: Did get a Leo though, which isn't among the four or five I wanted, but he is far better than the other three to me.

Also didn't get a rare Ophelia, one of the three Rs I wanted most. But Odin and Rhajat were in, so I'll take it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Minerva and Maria's battle was pretty easy for me. I just threw Leon at it and he shot down every enemy with style. Even despite the two fliers with Iote's Shield, and the mage with Bowbreaker that's meant specifically to discourage bringing archers. Well, Azura, and Michalis with Reposition (who I originally planned to kill Minerva and Maria with, but it didn't quite work out) helped, but never mind them, Leon is the real star of the show here.

Pfft. I'm up to over 150 by now, all of which are getting spent the moment Sigurd graces us with his presence. I probably still won't get him.
In my defense I basically just came back to this game.

Sigurd should be in the next banner, right? If the datamining is anything to go by.

The day I get Joshua is the day I stop using this emoticon

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sigurd should be in the next banner, right? If the datamining is anything to go by.
Well, moreso just 100% (so far) accurate leaks, and not datamining, but yeah. A Jugdral banner is pretty overdue anyway, we haven't had anyone from there since Eldigan, Lachesis, Reinhardt, and Olwen were added way back in February.

I hope he gets a "proper" Tyrfing, and not the impostor that Seliph has. I'm hoping for an effect like Vidofnir, except it gives +7 Res if he's attacked by mages or dragons instead, which would be more true to Tyrfing's original effect of +20 Res when equipped. I even have a spare Hector lined up for if this comes true. They've already given us the Slaying weapons and Blazing Durandal, so I'd be a little disappointed if he just gets Seliph's Tyrfing with its crappy "+4 Def when at 50% HP" effect that doesn't even remotely resemble what Tyrfing actually does in the actual games.

Also fun fact, in the files for FE Heroes, the Brave Heroes are referred to with the term "popularity" (so, "LIN_POPULARITY" in the case of Brave Lyn).
The files are actually kind of inconsistent as to how they refer to the Brave Heroes (all special variant heroes, actually, the only consistent label is "dance" for the Performing Arts heroes). In the message files, they are referred to with "popularity", but in the image/sprite files, they use the term "election" (e.g. ch04_01_Lucina_F_ELECTION01 for Lucina). They all have "01" appended; presumably just future-proofing in case they ever run another CYL poll/add more top-ranking characters from it. The other special banners have the year appended (e.g. "Swim17" for the Nohrian/Ylissean Summer units); again probably just future-proofing rather than a sure sign they'll do more next year (though more seasonal heroes next year are pretty likely anyway).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Had pretty decent luck in heroes today.

My free pull gave me a 5 star Palla with plus speed minus attack. Not bad as buffs will fix her.She's plus res minus speed but I think seals, buffs, and L and D can save her.

D

Deleted member

I finally got around to reading the Made in Abyss manga after finishing the anime.
I didn't think it was that dark as people hyped up but... OH BOY THEY DIDN'T ADAPT THE BEST PARTS.
Every chapter just gets darker and darker, goddamnit what kind of tortured soul would write this?

I also finally understand why Bondrewd is best dad and holy **** man he really IS best dad

EDIT: Chapter 37 can go eat a ****ing **** god****ing damnit **** this ****
No, I'm not crying, you are!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah here's a fun story:

I'm a junior in college and I'm taking a Calculous course atm.

My professor is pretty funny and good at teaching, but math in general is challenging for me, but with the help given I'm doing ok.

Anyway we had our first big exam and everyone was worried on how it was.

I looked at the first question and it's a picture of a cat holding five paws up. "How many fingers is this kitty holding up?"

The choices for an answer:

1) Five fingers are being held up.
2) I didn't know this was on the exam.
3) Seal band.

Me: Oh so this is calculus.... and this is here because he knows we need an easy point.

It was funny but the rest of the exam proved to be difficult. At least he started us with a smile.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
While I have yet to play Cuphead, this is one of the best things to come out of it and you can't tell me otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom