• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some of them may not be Nazi's

They just be taking it personal since the left has a tendency to call people Nazi's even if they have nothing to do with white supremacy

---

Ya know, first saying violence against Nazi's are ok

Then labeling everyone you don't like a Nazi

Then suddenly it's ok to have violence against people you don't like

---

I don't friggin' care if some virtual Nazi's are killed. Nazi's were evil.

Just don't go around throwing the label of Nazi to people who clearly aren't (Not talking to anyone specifically or about anyone specifically. Just an observation)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although during WW2 the US government wasn't exactly innocent considering US agents pulled my (Great Great?) grandfather off life support because he decided to break our family Katana rather than give it up to the government - Killing him

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Implying Modern nazis shouldnt be universality hated
I can at least understand why they'd be offended then.

That said, I don't have much sympathy for them.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Watching the Spider-Man trilogy right now.

The first two films were great, shame the 3rd one was a complete mess. Especially with how forced Venom was.

I can at least understand why they'd be offended then.

That said, I don't have much sympathy for them.
. . .well yeah obviously modern nazis would be offended by insulting nazis, because they are ****ing nazis. But their opinion doesnt matter because they ARE ****ING NAZIS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

So. . .pseudo-universally hated.

I can't believe we live in a planet where people need to be reminded that nazis/racism/sexism/transphobia/etc is bad. **** this stupid earth and its white supremacy/nazi supporting trash

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
. . .well yeah obviously modern nazis would be offended by insulting nazis, because they are ****ing nazis. But their opinion doesnt matter because they ARE ****ING NAZIS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

So. . .pseudo-universally hated.

I can't believe we live in a planet where people need to be reminded that nazis/racism/sexism/transphobia/etc is bad. **** this stupid earth and its white supremacy/nazi supporting trash
I'd say it nicer but yeah pretty much.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been watching some Jurassic Park theory vids lately....

learned some interesting things
-Spinosaurus in JP3 is theorized to be the first 'hybridized' dinosaur, likely created by accident then left on the island...which made it sort of a prototype for the Indominus Rex...of course technically all of the dinosaurs in the films are hybrids since their genetic make-up is mixed with various animals such as frogs, but I mean Hybrid like the I Rex, being made up of various dinos...the Spinosaurus likely being a hybrid between the Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus...

-Spinosaurus killed T-Rex in JP3 likely as an intentional move to make the T-Rex 'look bad' cuz Paleontologist Jack Horner thought it was overrated as a predator...

-Baryonyx was originally going to be the big bad of JP3 before they changed it to it's larger cousin the Spinosaurus, Baryonyx was also supposedly going to appear in the first film as well with it's own enclosure...

-There was another hybrid dinosaur that was intended for Jurassic World, which was a Stegosaurus/Triceratops hybrid, sort of used as an 'OMG the mad scientist are doing secret experiments and stuff'...it was scrapped from the film in favour of making the I Rex more unique compared to other dinosaurs and bringing in another hybrid sort of waters down the I Rex as an abomination of sorts...

This has me hyped for the new movie now...some dinosaurs I'd like to see make an appearance...
-Dimetrodon
-Therizinosaurus
-Icthyosaurus
-Dienosuchus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Plesiosaurus
-Coelophysis
-Oviraptor
-Troodon

ok, most of these aren't even actual "dinosaurs" per se, but you catch my drift...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This has me hyped for the new movie now...some dinosaurs I'd like to see make an appearance...
-Dimetrodon
-Therizinosaurus
-Icthyosaurus
-Dienosuchus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Plesiosaurus
-Coelophysis
-Oviraptor
-Troodon
You know most of these aren-

ok, most of these aren't even actual "dinosaurs" per se, but you catch my drift...
Good lad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

-Spinosaurus in JP3 is theorized to be the first 'hybridized' dinosaur, likely created by accident then left on the island...which made it sort of a prototype for the Indominus Rex...of course technically all of the dinosaurs in the films are hybrids since their genetic make-up is mixed with various animals such as frogs, but I mean Hybrid like the I Rex, being made up of various dinos...the Spinosaurus likely being a hybrid between the Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus...

-Spinosaurus killed T-Rex in JP3 likely as an intentional move to make the T-Rex 'look bad' cuz Paleontologist Jack Horner thought it was overrated as a predator...

-Baryonyx was originally going to be the big bad of JP3 before they changed it to it's larger cousin the Spinosaurus, Baryonyx was also supposedly going to appear in the first film as well with it's own enclosure...

-There was another hybrid dinosaur that was intended for Jurassic World, which was a Stegosaurus/Triceratops hybrid, sort of used as an 'OMG the mad scientist are doing secret experiments and stuff'...it was scrapped from the film in favour of making the I Rex more unique compared to other dinosaurs and bringing in another hybrid sort of waters down the I Rex as an abomination of sorts...

-Dimetrodon
-Therizinosaurus
-Icthyosaurus
-Dienosuchus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Plesiosaurus
-Coelophysis
-Oviraptor
-Troodon

If they make the Spino a hybrid I'd definitely be a retcon

I always viewed the spino killing the T-Rex more as a way to make the Spino look fierce since the T-Rex had been the king in the first two movies. The intention being to build up the Spino rather than knocking down the T-Rex

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Technically they're all hybrids.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Technically they're all hybrids.
"of course technically all of the dinosaurs in the films are hybrids since their genetic make-up is mixed with various animals such as frogs, but I mean Hybrid like the I Rex, being made up of various dinos...the Spinosaurus likely being a hybrid between the Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus..."

I was working with that context

Ivander

Smash Legend

A couple of those are weird. For one, Baronyx as the big bad for JP3 is incredibly strange considering back then it was considered simply a fish eater rather than a carnivore like T-Rex or Spinosaurus. I know there is apparently more evidence that suggests it was also capable of eating juvenile dinosaurs later on, but still....very hard to imagine.
Also, I'm pretty sure Spinosaurus defeating the T-Rex wasn't meant to make the T-Rex look bad. As Psycho said, it was more than likely to build Spinosaurus up. Plus, I don't think Jack Horner thought the T-Rex was overrated. Like back then, he did revitalise the theory of T-Rex being a scavenger, but it was more of an thing to show an audience and children the dangers of making assumptions in science without evidence rather than an attempt to make the T-Rex look meek.

Also, I think Dimetrodon and Quetzalcoatlus would be awesome to see in a Jurassic Park/World movie. Dimetrodon was the first Spine Sail "Dinosaur" I saw before Spinosaurus and always looked cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A couple of those are weird. For one, Baronyx as the big bad for JP3 is incredibly strange considering back then it was considered simply a fish eater rather than a carnivore like T-Rex or Spinosaurus. I know there is apparently more evidence that suggests it was also capable of eating juvenile dinosaurs later on, but still....very hard to imagine.
Also, I'm pretty sure Spinosaurus defeating the T-Rex wasn't meant to make the T-Rex look bad. As Psycho said, it was more than likely to build Spinosaurus up. Plus, I don't think Jack Horner thought the T-Rex was overrated. Like back then, he did revitalise the theory of T-Rex being a scavenger, but it was more of an thing to show an audience and children the dangers of making assumptions in science without evidence rather than an attempt to make the T-Rex look meek.

Also, I think Dimetrodon and Quetzalcoatlus would be awesome to see in a Jurassic Park/World movie. Dimetrodon was the first Spine Sail "Dinosaur" I saw before Spinosaurus and always looked cool.
That part about the Baryonyx is true, this is not the first time I've heard that

Is why they had that joke where Billy thought it was a Baryonyx before being corrected by Grant

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just watched the latest Milo Murphy's law episode and brings an interesting light to something from Phineas and Ferb.
It's revealed tat Doofemshirtz actually invents Time Travel apparently twelve years from the end of Phineas and Ferb or so it seems.

He catches Milo and the group in a net trap meant for a pizza guy so that doesn't clear up if he's evil or not, but since P and F was one summer, and Milo Murphy seemingly takes place the school year after that, then Doof shouldn't be evil.

Maybe the pizza man is...

Either way it's an interesting lead into the crossover

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

-Dimetrodon
-Therizinosaurus
-Icthyosaurus
-Dienosuchus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Plesiosaurus
-Coelophysis
-Oviraptor
-Troodon

Somehow I've heard #2 before despite hardly following Jurassic Park news, and I think I actually saw #4 as part of a toyline, so I think it may have at least gotten recycled for something.

That first bit is definitely new and juicy to me though, despite striking me as pure WMG. It'd be one heck of an interesting retcon, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Spinax needs to appear in Jurassic Park

Fossil Fighters made him my favorite Vivosaur

Or Beckles, his FF Frontier variant

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That part about the Baryonyx is true, this is not the first time I've heard that

Is why they had that joke where Billy thought it was a Baryonyx before being corrected by Grant
Well, I didn't say it wasn't true, just weird. ;)

Also, I might have to re-look at Jurassic Park 3, as I don't even remember that part. I only remember the part where Billy asked if the sound they heard was a Tyrannosaurus and Grant said it likely wasn't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I didn't say it wasn't true, just weird. ;)

Also, I might have to re-look at Jurassic Park 3, as I don't even remember that part. I only remember the part where Billy asked if the sound they heard was a Tyrannosaurus and Grant said it likely wasn't.
He also asks if it's a suchomimus

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been working on my Pokémon Ascension Form idea some more. Nobody cared before and I'm sure nobody will again, but I'm just killing time.
Ascension Form V1:
---
*all base stats except one are boosted to 100. The last one has 75.
*only pre-evolved Pokémon can have an Ascension Form
*prevents evolution after transformation
*requires the Pokémon to be Level 50, have max friendship, and the Pokémon must have an Ascension form.
*requires Protangel or Antangel in the party
*new type
*new ability
*new moves
---
Ascension Form V2 Changes:
---
*all base stats except three are boosted to 100. The last three have 75.
*The new ability is always Ascended Soul. Ascended Soul is the equivalent of Beast Boost.
*only one Pokémon ignores these new regulations
---
Ascension Form Pokémon Examples:
---
Name: Riolu
Version Exclusive: Pokémon Hero
Base Stats: 75/100/75/100/75/100
Type: Fighting/Dragon
Ability: Ascended Soul
Example Moves: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Dance
---
Name: Zorua
Version Exclusive: Pokémon Villian
Base Stats: 75/100/75/100/75/100
Type: Dark/Fairy
Example Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough, Parting Shot
---
Name: Magikarp
Base Stats: 75/100/75/75/100/100
Type: Water/Dragon
Example Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail
---
Name: Eevee
Base Stats: 100/75/75/100/75/100
Type: Normal
Example Moves: Tri Attack, Recover, Deep Breath
---
Name: Duskull
Base Stats: 100/75/100/75/100/75
Type: Ghost/Fire
Example Moves: Recover, Burn Up, Glare
---
Name: Victini
Requirements: Special Event Protangel/Antangel based on Version.
Base Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100
Type: Fairy/Ghost
Ability: Victory Star
Example Moves: Moonblast, Shade Beam, V-Inspire
---
New Abilities
---
Ascended Soul: Increases the Pokémon's highest stat when it knocks out a Pokémon.
---
New Moves
---
Deep Breath: The user takes a deep breath, relaxing itself and becoming more focused. This raises Sp.Att and Accuracy by 1+.
POW: --
ACC: --
CAT: Status
PP: 15
---
Shade Beam: The user fires a sinister beam is shadow energy. This attack may also Confuse the target.
POW: 90
ACC: 100
CAT: Special
PP: 10
Effect Chance: 10%
---
V-Inspire: The Pokémon's previous victories grant it a 1+ boost in Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed. This move temporarily reduces Defense and Sp. Defense by 2 for 2 turns.
POW: --
ACC: --
CAT: Status
PP: 10
---

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You've clearly never been on twitter.
Idk why, But I feel I should blame Tumblr for this thing.

So I blame Tumblr
Social media was a mistake...
Although during WW2 the US government wasn't exactly innocent considering US agents pulled my (Great Great?) grandfather off life support because he decided to break our family Katana rather than give it up to the government - Killing him
Don't forget the Asian/Japanese concentration camps the U.S. had at the same time. People really love to ignore that. Sure, not as bad as Nazi concentration camps but holding anyone against their will simply based off their nationality is ****in terrible.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since I've already played through Sun and Moon with all the starters, I think I'll use Squirtle again in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Trade him as soon as I can

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I do want to emphasize the Troodon...if it were added to the Jurassic Park/World films...

I've heard that the Troodon in the JP universe has a deadly venom similar to that of venomous snakes...Troodon's are also believed to be the most intelligent Dinosaur that ever existed...so with that in mind imagine a dinosaur that is even more intelligent than the raptors and just as well equipped (which includes the deadly toe spike), and is also potently venomous....that could make for an interesting creature in the films...

Only difference is, it's considerably smaller than the raptors in the films (closer to the size of actual velociraptors), and is likely going to be more of a solitary hunter rather than a pack hunter...

Imagine this miniature raptor possibly wiping out a group of about 12 well-armed people due to using cunning hit and run tactics darting in and out of cover biting each individual and they all die from it's venom...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now watching Spider-Man 3.

Given I forgotten so much, I need to see what makes this film so bad (other than the obvious skinny random Venom).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just think that a statement such as "make American nazi-free again" can count as pertinent current social commentary is pretty ****ing troubling.

People are getting so polarized these days it's scary. Of course that also applies to people who will deem others nazis or fascists on the basis of little more than espousing an ideology they personally disagree with, regardless of how far away it actually resides from the tenets of national socialism. It's a disconcerting, increasingly volatile time for real discourse. I bet GAF is having a field day.

Me, I play video games to get away from all this craziness...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Started fighting the Elite 4, my team all ready to join the hall of fame

:160::181::034::232::214::178:

When I noticed my Xatu was just named Xatu while everyone else had a nickname

Reset and named him before trying again.

Savage
Obelisk
Tyrant
Carthage
Yojimbo
Ritual

Now in the Hall of Fame

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lul there's a small but growing movement in México to separate the country in two standalone nations; North México and South México.

48 Keks.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lul there's a small but growing movement in México to separate the country in two standalone nations; North México and South México.

48 Keks.
Why do they want to separate?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why do they want to separate?
The north is seen as a strong industrial zone that is way more advanced than the south in terms of economy (while implying that the south is hindering the north's growth), allowing it to be independent.
While the north indeed is mostly industrial, we aren't a driving force at all. So yeah, separating is a dumb idea.

Said separatist movement will meet its fate soon: getting meme'd on. :denzel:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching something on pinball and was like "Ya know, if I was rich I would get a pinball machine"

Check up prices

$6000-$10000

"Ya know what, even if I was rich that really sounds like a waste of money"

But then again, rich people throw away money all the time. They have the money to throw away

Edit: I structured that horribly, I think I'm too tired

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The people getting upset at the "Make America Nazi-free again" thing aren't even human beings, they're just sickening ***** who deserve significantly less respect than dirt. Plus, it needs to be done in an age where people boycott and blast things because they got rid of a nazi on their team.

D

Deleted member

I saw nazi discussion so I finally have an excuse to post this comic
It speaks to me on a spiritual level
The north is seen as a strong industrial zone that is way more advanced than the south in terms of economy (while implying that the south is hindering the north's growth), allowing it to be independent.
While the north indeed is mostly industrial, we aren't a driving force at all. So yeah, separating is a dumb idea.

Said separatist movement will meet its fate soon: getting meme'd on. :denzel:
We have the same thing here in Brazil, but with the South Region.
Obviously, it's already been meme'd to death(because if something isn't meme'd tp death in Brazil, there's something wrong with it) but it's always just been a vocal minority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know?

I do wonder when map lines are gonna be redrawn.

Like what's gonna be the next major territory change in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom