• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ya know?

I do wonder when map lines are gonna be redrawn.

Like what's gonna be the next major territory change in the world?
Isn't Catalan, like, almost managing to get independence from Spain? If so, wouldn't that be it?
Either that or we wait until the next war that doesn't involve dropping nukes on one another is resolved

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Isn't Catalan, like, almost managing to get independence from Spain? If so, wouldn't that be it?
Either that or we wait until the next war that doesn't involve dropping nukes on one another is resolved

Let's face it, if we go to war again it'll be nuclear war. With how it's looking now Trump is trying to pick a fight with North Korea who is Nuke happy. They could bomb Japan or South Korea and kill millions. The U.S. led by our idiotic President and Commander-in-chief will retaliate which will set off a whole slew of forced alliance retaliations. China, Russia, U.S., U.K., and many more would have nukes in the air before you could bat an eyelash. That's why Trump needs to get out of the ****ing White House pronto before he literally causes the end of civilization.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Catalan isn't close to having independence yet,

The vote said yes but there are lots of issues.

• Only about 40 percent of the population voted (for unfortunate and obvious reasons), which can give an unclear answer that might be to be redone, aka, the vote might not be valid.
  • Spain is gonna fight tooth and nail to prevent the secession. Civil war has a high chance of happening.
  • If the EU doesn't support Catalan, it might not be worth it and a lot of the EU seems to side with Spain.
  • Can Catalan support itself? It's stable right now but if they fight for independence, will it be able to stand up on its own after a war?
  • After all the unrest, will people still want independence? Will they want to go back?
Catalan is at a crossroads right now. It still have a ways to go for independence but whatever happens...

WE ARE SEEING HISTORY HAPPENING! BEFORE OUR EYES!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yesterday, Marvel announced a collaboration with a company that makes weapons. You cancel a Punisher booth but announce this a day later? The incredible backlash got them to cancel the event, but the whole collaboration should be cancelled in the first place. Marvel shouldn't collaborate with the villains of what kicked off the MCU

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's face it, if we go to war again it'll be nuclear war. With how it's looking now Trump is trying to pick a fight with North Korea who is Nuke happy. They could bomb Japan or South Korea and kill millions. The U.S. led by our idiotic President and Commander-in-chief will retaliate which will set off a whole slew of forced alliance retaliations. China, Russia, U.S., U.K., and many more would have nukes in the air before you could bat an eyelash. That's why Trump needs to get out of the ****ing White House pronto before he literally causes the end of civilization.
Honestly, I don't think Trump is going to cause nuclear war.

Even NK, as nuke happy as it is, knows it's suicude. China likely won't support an attack on Japan or South Korea and Russia would strangle NK's neck for all the trouble.

Trump isn't doing anything bad enough for NK to risk it. And NK knows it.

If I'm being honest, I think a potential nuclear war is more likely to be fought over refugees than North Korea. Refugees are a topic where there's enough divide that I could see major sides taking place. I mean, it's already affecting parts of the Middle East and Asia, let alone controversies in Europe and NA.

NK would end up as most of the world versus North Korea. If something did happen, I think it'd be an incident or massacre (as in one event) rather than all out war.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like some of you people have been listening to too much fear mongering fake news

People being riled up into a violent frenzy

Witch hunting, wanting someone's head on a stake

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel like some of you people have been listening to too much fear mongering fake news

People being riled up into a violent frenzy

Witch hunting, wanting someone's head on a stake
Ah yes, such fake news such as Charlottesville in which literal nazis attacked and the US president couldn't condemn them without saying they're very fine people, the fake news that Drumpf threatened to wipe out NK's entire civilisation on twitter, how can we forget? We should all be watching Infowars like you!

In all seriousness, the US president is a toddler who gets angry and irrational very quickly, of course people are going to be worried when someone who gets angry every day has access to ****ing nuclear weapons, pro nazi (If you can't condemn the nazis and proceed to call them very fine people 3 days later, you ARE pro nazi) and has continuously attacked minorities for no goddamn reason, including kids

Ooh, I remember fake news actually! "Obama's not American", "All Mexican immigrants are drug dealers and rapists", "America taxes the rich more than anyone else does", "I don't benefit from this tax cut for the rich", "Wall pricing", "The Paris accords would force us to get rid of our coal mines", "Nazis are very fine people", "The NFL protesters are breaking the flag code", "The left were just as bad during Charlottesville", "The best way to prevent mass shootings is to give everyone a gun", "Puerto Ricans want everything done for them", "I have done great things in this presidency", "The news networks that say anything remotely negative about me are fake!", "Hurricane Katrina was a bigger deal than what happened to Puerto Rico", "Banning muslims from travelling to America isn't actually banning muslims", "Obama created ISIS" and a whole lot of other stuff that currently evades me. Only 1 person said all this btw, guess who?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is kind of part the problem. There are talks of an extreme manner (the potential for a global-scale nuclear war, which isn't going to happen) - then someone says there's been a lot of fear mongering fake news that whip people up into a violent frenzy... and then the response is to bypass discourse and go right back to an extreme by taking the most drastic examples to justify histrionics and witch hunting, basically just validating the claims people are being fear-mongered and galvanized into a violent, frenzied state. When people cloister others to the opposing extreme because they take a different approach, or they speak with less hyperbolic language... it only stands to build the growing divide.

Not taking every goddam opportunity to insult Trump is certainly not the same as endorsing him or his behaviour, which I believe remains largely repugnant. But I'm not going to bother saying that at every turn. This twisted dichotomous fervour which only sees to destroy any grey area or nuance and lump people into two extremes is the new primary source of discrimination, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is kind of part the problem. There are talks of an extreme manner (the potential for a global-scale nuclear war, which isn't going to happen) - then someone says there's been a lot of fear mongering fake news that whip people up into a violent frenzy... and then the response is to bypass discourse and go right back to an extreme by taking the most drastic examples to justify histrionics and witch hunting, basically just validating the claims people are being fear-mongered and galvanized into a violent, frenzied state. When people cloister others to the opposing extreme because they take a different approach, or they speak with less hyperbolic language... it only stands to emphasize the widening divide.

Not taking every goddam opportunity to insult Trump is certainly not the same as endorsing him or his behaviour, which I believe remains largely repugnant. But I'm not going to bother saying that at every turn. This twisted dichotomous fervour which only sees to destroy any semblance of nuance and lump people into two extremes is the new primary source of discrimination, as far as I'm concerned.
Is it really an insult when time and time again he's been spending his presidency mostly attacking people who said negative things about him on twitter or spending tax dollars on gold instead of, y'know, being the US president?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is it really an insult when time and time again he's been spending his presidency mostly attacking people who said negative things about him on twitter or spending tax dollars on gold instead of, y'know, being the US president?
Is that all you've got from what I said? "but Trump's bad tho"... yeah I agree. I didn't vote for him. He's gross and, as an outsider, imo he's tarnishing the image of the country.

But I can't impeach him, and you can't impeach him, so for the time being how about we stop judging at each other because not everyone feels the need to jump to extremes? In my opinion, this growing alienation and inability to find common ground is more detrimental in the day to day, and that polarity is something that could genuinely persist after Trump has left office, which scares me more than all that fear-mongering.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is that all you've got from what I said? "but Trump's bad tho"... yeah I agree. I didn't vote for him. He's gross and, as an outsider, imo he's tarnishing the image of the country.

But I can't impeach him, and you can't impeach him, so for the time being how about we stop judging at each other because not everyone feels the need to jump to extremes? In my opinion, this growing alienation and inability to find common ground is more detrimental in the day to day, and that polarity is something that could genuinely persist after Trump has left office, which scares me more than all that fear-mongering.
I'm going to be extreme until we don't have any more nazis daring to show their face. If they get in power they'd make me in to human swiss cheese without a nanosecond of doubt, and they're getting power. If people who want to murder me are trying to get power and succeeding, peacefully doing nothing won't help. Especially as trump SHOULD be impeached for trying to remove freedom of speech (white house was actively trying to fire that Jemaine Hill woman after she called trump a white supremesist and freedom of speech means the government can't do that) yet Bill Clinton got impeached for getting his **** sucked

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
While I definitely think Trump is a horrible person that will leave a lasting poo smear on the world. . .

. . .This feels like "Obama is the antichrist and this is the end times" level of paranoia.

If even China is willing to punish North Korea instead of letting them go hog wild right now, I'm pretty sure an exception to global thermonuclear war can be made. Every country hates or at least has tension with both North Korea and Trump except Russia, who's playing both sides to cause chaos for their own gain. I think the rest of the world is at least made up of enough mature adults to not waste global thermonuclear war on this.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Stardew Valley is awesome FYI. For me, it's better than Animal Crossing cos you don't have to wait a literal day to redo stuff, you can just sleep.

Highly recommend for Switch owners. Plenty to do, I can see myself pouring hours into it!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyday, regardless of what's happening in the world, be it a shooting or North Korea testing missile launches or some other major problem, my phone constantly continues to alert me to news articles like "The Trump White House is a really, really strange place," or "Donald Trump's last 7 days are just mind-boggling bad." Even now if I check the trending articles on my phone there will be talk of Trump + Russia or sexism or racism, I can bet my life on it at any time of the day. Youtube's trending is the same way, late night show hosts nearly exclusively talk about him, the few times I've bothered to click on them recently they often say "You know I hate to talk about Donald Trump again..." or "I thought maybe we could go tonight's show without mentioning the president..." all with an insincere grin on their face and the crowd just laughing.

There is such a ravenous, insatiable market for people who just want to hear his name. Those who profit off of media must absolutely love the guy. It's long since been having the opposite effect on me, which is a shame.

And damn, I forgot just how awesome of a poster N3ON N3ON is. You will always be my godfather. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna agree with pretty much everything you said in those last three posts.

I'm personally glad to be off the Trump train. The current political climate is just way too insane, and everything is way too polarized. It's just way too hard not to get caught in the crossfire of it all. This was the leading reason behind me and Che dropping the Trump comic all-together and completely distancing ourselves from politics, period. Yeah, we both have our views and stances on things, but it's like people can't lighten up about anything. No matter which side you're on, everything is super serious.

I just wanna make manga, and get rich and famous, man. I don't wanna get caught in the middle of an ideological war.

So at the end of the day, I'll be perfectly happy just moving to Japan, making cool ass ****, and getting away from all this nonsense. The USA is legitimately a scary place to be right now, and imagine how much worse it would have been for us if we'd pushed that Trump manga to the point where it became a cult hit... Get invited to ****ing comicons and **** and have some radical try to shoot us because they didn't like what we made.

Nah son. Dropping that in favor of Tiger Square was the best decision we had, especially thanks to these Jump contests. I'm even contemplating taking up a new pen name to have zero attachment to any previous work.

At this point, I don't care what happens anymore, I just wanna get away from it all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
lul there's a small but growing movement in México to separate the country in two standalone nations; North México and South México.

48 Keks.
But why? Lets hope it doesnt become a 2nd NK and SK
So at the end of the day, I'll be perfectly happy just moving to Japan, making cool *** ****, and getting away from all this nonsense.
Idk, of all places, I wouldnt wanna move to Japan no matter how much I love them. Id rather not get worked to death

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, portraying a bigot as a heroic figure could never go wrong, shame on people for being offended by that.

On actual heroic things
IMG_20171006_214809.jpg

I think I found the most accurate Venn Diagram, you can't tell me any of this is wrong

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Everyday, regardless of what's happening in the world, be it a shooting or North Korea testing missile launches or some other major problem, my phone constantly continues to alert me to news articles like "The Trump White House is a really, really strange place," or "Donald Trump's last 7 days are just mind-boggling bad." Even now if I check the trending articles on my phone there will be talk of Trump + Russia or sexism or racism, I can bet my life on it at any time of the day. Youtube's trending is the same way, late night show hosts nearly exclusively talk about him, the few times I've bothered to click on them recently they often say "You know I hate to talk about Donald Trump again..." or "I thought maybe we could go tonight's show without mentioning the president..." all with an insincere grin on their face and the crowd just laughing.

There is such a ravenous, insatiable market for people who just want to hear his name. Those who profit off of media must absolutely love the guy. It's long since been having the opposite effect on me, which is a shame.

And damn, I forgot just how awesome of a poster N3ON N3ON is. You will always be my godfather. :laugh:
You know how SNL used to be some politics but With was more stuff involved? Well now its almost 100% politics and Idk how I can find them funny anymore but my mom eats that **** up. Wake up in the morning and say Good morning to my dad, radio talking about him, mom runs into the kitchen talking about him, breakfest is ruined :104:
---
Anyway. Ive been losing so many matches on splatoon laty like wow

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
lul there's a small but growing movement in México to separate the country in two standalone nations; North México and South México.

48 Keks.
I see...
Taiwan probably has the most idiotic independent /separate movement in the world. We already have a stand alone regime, but... Some weirdos keeps saying Taiwan should be independent... When technically we already are, just the Rhine is called Republic of China, and there is nothing wrong with that, it is just some people have ill will with "China" and that's laughably sad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Catalan isn't close to having independence yet,

The vote said yes but there are lots of issues.

• Only about 40 percent of the population voted (for unfortunate and obvious reasons), which can give an unclear answer that might be to be redone, aka, the vote might not be valid.
  • Spain is gonna fight tooth and nail to prevent the secession. Civil war has a high chance of happening.
  • If the EU doesn't support Catalan, it might not be worth it and a lot of the EU seems to side with Spain.
  • Can Catalan support itself? It's stable right now but if they fight for independence, will it be able to stand up on its own after a war?
  • After all the unrest, will people still want independence? Will they want to go back?
Catalan is at a crossroads right now. It still have a ways to go for independence but whatever happens...

WE ARE SEEING HISTORY HAPPENING! BEFORE OUR EYES!!!
I've been in the region. It's no surprise to me they want independance, if not they would've allowed Spain to take control over the region a long time ago. They don't exactly have the most friendly relations, and a lot of their economy depends on their market places. they've been independent from Spain quite a while. Just not officially.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been in the region. It's no surprise to me they want independance, if not they would've allowed Spain to take control over the region a long time ago. They don't exactly have the most friendly relations, and a lot of their economy depends on their market places. they've been independent from Spain quite a while. Just not officially.
It's that officially that could make or break them.

I mean Texas and California are largely self sustaining but I think both might crumble on their own.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new Overwatch Skins leaked!

Cthulu Zen is amazing and I want it!

Hisen Ko/ Shing la Mei is also pretty cool.

And devil symetera?

Ivander

Smash Legend
The new Overwatch Skins leaked!

Cthulu Zen is amazing and I want it!

Hisen Ko/ Shing la Mei is also pretty cool.

And devil symetera?
Dangit! I was about to post these. At the least, I can still post the Reaper one.
Zen, Mei and Sym look incredible. I think Sym might either be based on an Ifrit(a fire devil) or Diablo from Blizzard's Diablo. Mei as a Jiangshi makes perfect sense, as Jiangshis are Chinese vampires/zombies(she even has tiny fangs). And I've said it before, Zen gets the best Skins and this one is easily the best Halloween 2017 Skin so far. There's just so much creative freedom for him. Halloween altogether(both 2016 and 2017) is easily #1 in the Best Event Skins department(with Summer 2017, CNY and Anniversary tied for #2).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a great promo. Baymax is great enough as it is, but the Hatbox Ghost is there so I'm obligated to be hyped. :p Just a silly interaction.

Also obligatory @KingofPhantoms tag.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I completely missed out on California, Texas and Mexico wanting to split up honestly. Then again, I watch little to no TV anyway. In all actuality, I think they could work, outside of Mexico because the border is still a hot topic, and only the north would be burdened by such a seperation. At least, that's how I imagine it, having 0 political ruling experience.

Texas is almost a country on it's own, it has it's own industry, and it's residents tend to think a whole lot different than most other Americans.. which is ironic, seeing how "patriotic" they are. I'd say good riddance myself. California could survive on it's own, but I don't really see why they should.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Trust me. I wish I could hear less Trump and North Korea in the news everyday.

But when you read **** like the stuff that's been on the news lately it's really hard to just ignore it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dangit! I was about to post these. At the least, I can still post the Reaper one.
Zen, Mei and Sym look incredible. I think Sym might either be based on an Ifrit(a fire devil) or Diablo from Blizzard's Diablo. Mei as a Jiangshi makes perfect sense, as Jiangshis are Chinese vampires/zombies(she even has tiny fangs). And I've said it before, Zen gets the best Skins and this one is easily the best Halloween 2017 Skin so far. There's just so much creative freedom for him. Halloween altogether(both 2016 and 2017) is easily #1 in the Best Event Skins department(with Summer 2017, CNY and Anniversary tied for #2).
An ifrit makes sense. Diablo maybe, but Junkrat just got that in HOTS so I don't know if they'd do that twice.

And I agree, Zen has a lot of potential and his legendary skins are all pretty cool and creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom