• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For Kid Icarus, I kind of hope they make a Metroidvania game out of it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think Kid Icarus is done just yet. Usually million dollar sellers don't go very long without a sequel and yeah it's been 5 years since Uprising but the game was successful and is warranted another sequel when the right time comes around. Considering the Switch is as successful it's more likely for Nintendo to take more risks and Kid Icarus is definitely a risk but if it worked before it could easily with again. They're just waiting on the right team for the job methinks.

Uprising is great but I think a lot of people didn't finish the game because of the controls. Even as someone who sincerely loves the game the controls are straight bad. They're usable but not good at all. I will commend them for trying something unique on an incredibly limiting system though.
Nintendo basically stated being able to improve a game in some fashion is a requirement for making a sequel. The controls alone make Uprising a perfect fit in that regard considering both the complaints and the fact that it wouldn't even work on a Switch, but I feel there's plenty of other ways they could add or improve on it as well.

This isn't getting into the fact that Nintendo is charging for an online service and Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the rare mid-tiers that actually has a really, really good multiplayer option. They could flesh it out into something moderately competitive-worthy if they revamped the system enough and ride the Testfire train if they really wanted to.

The franchise is basically made for every standard they could have right now aside from possibly requiring 2 mil+ selling games (which if Xenoblade and Metroid are getting involved. . .yeah they aren't sticking to that). They just need to bite.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just saw a commercial for a horror movie called "Snowman"
ignoring the terrible title, it has a part where it's a snowman, but the head is replaced with a human's severed head. Yup, we've stooped this low.

but it DOES have a :p

:p
I got the trailer for that when I saw IT. Looked like crap. Promptly forgot about it because a Blade Runner trailer was right after. So much hype for it
Nintendo basically stated being able to improve a game in some fashion is a requirement for making a sequel. The controls alone make Uprising a perfect fit in that regard considering both the complaints and the fact that it wouldn't even work on a Switch, but I feel there's plenty of other ways they could add or improve on it as well.

This isn't getting into the fact that Nintendo is charging for an online service and Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the rare mid-tiers that actually has a really, really good multiplayer option. They could flesh it out into something moderately competitive-worthy if they revamped the system enough and ride the Testfire train if they really wanted to.

The franchise is basically made for every standard they could have right now aside from possibly requiring 2 mil+ selling games (which if Xenoblade and Metroid are getting involved. . .yeah they aren't sticking to that). They just need to bite.
I could see Prime 4 hitting 2 million.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing that made me mad about Kid Icarus uprising is the street pass function

I always put some of my best weapons to street pass, but EVERYONE else put the lowest worst weapon they had

YOU DON'T LOSE THE WEAPON FROM THE STREETPASS FUNCTION!

It just helps everyone else if you also put a good weapon

Edit: It's been so long since I played it, I can't even remember what any of that meant

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Usually series also dont have the head dev straight up say "no sequels lol"
Hey, he didn't say NO, he just said he washed his hands of it himself and didn't have any faith in anyone else picking it up.

It's not hard capped like Mother, there's no rule that says Nintendo can't prove him wrong.

. . .This fandom doesn't have the nutsiness to light a fire under them the way the Mother fandom does, though, which does make it a bit harder to even get a read on the situation. . .

*picks up electric guitar* Quick, let's get crazy. Noise violation at Nintendo's house at 5PM.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't care for Warriors games that much. I feel like in order to play one fully it has to be a franchise I really like. But I'd play a Mega Man one, Get 3 or 4 characters from each major series(barring the MMZ version of Zero) and add alts like Command Mission X and its a done deal. Or a Metroid one. Obviously, you get Samus and ZSS. Just add the Hunters from Prime 3 and Prime Hunters would be a way to round out a decent cast I think. Also Dark Samus could work too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've actually never played a warriors game so I don't know if it's good or not

But Mario Warriors would be so absurd I'd just have to get it

That's my line in the sand. Make it happen... [Whatever studio makes those games]

FE Warriors I'm really meh on

I like FE for it's gamestyle more than characters

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Star Warriors please. I want Darth Vader to cut down hundreds of people like it's nothing

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Szechaun Sauce here I come. It's coming this Saturday for a limited time in select McDonald's.

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com

You can all blame Rick & Morty for this ****. They are the culprit for bringing it back from the dead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Outside of game franchises, Dragon Ball Warriors would be pretty hype. Just make sure Great Saiyaman is an alt for Gohan. Maybe a full on Shonen Jump one. But it'd be hard to get a lot of cool characters if most franchises only get 2 or 3.

Marvel Warriors would be awesome if they actually use more of the company's characters. I mean, I want a good chunk of Spider-Man and X-Men characters in it. Spider-Man and Venom combos. Wolverine and Carnage slicing dudes up. Carpet bombing with the Green Goblin. Zapping down Sentinels with Storm. All that good ****. The list goes on.

I'd use Iron Man, Blade and Black Panther too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Outside of game franchises, Dragon Ball Warriors would be pretty hype. Just make sure Great Saiyaman is an alt for Gohan. Maybe a full on Shonen Jump one. But it'd be hard to get a lot of cool characters if most franchises only get 2 or 3.

Marvel Warriors would be awesome if they actually use more of the company's characters. I mean, I want a good chunk of Spider-Man and X-Men characters in it. Spider-Man and Venom combos. Wolverine and Carnage slicing dudes up. Carpet bombing with the Green Goblin. Zapping down Sentinels with Storm. All that good ****. The list goes on.

I'd use Iron Man, Blade and Black Panther too.
LOL, I was thinking Dragon Ball Warriors too

Szechaun Sauce here I come. It's coming this Saturday for a limited time in select McDonald's.

You can all blame Rick & Morty for this ****. They are the culprit for bringing it back from the dead.
OMG, I'm not the only person in the world that uses honey as a sauce for Chicken

Why do the employees look at me funny when I order it then?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Types of Warriors crossovers I'd like to see.
  • Elder Scrolls Warriors
  • Pokémon Warriors
  • Halo Warriors
  • Kid Icarus Warriors
  • Borderlands Warriors
I'd pay the toppest of dollar if TESW happened.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The fact that this channel exists on Youtube is just great! Still a very new channel it seems as there isn't too many videos on the channel but it seems to be growing very quickly...
Especially interesting as someone who's very keen on zoology and animal biology...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact that this channel exists on Youtube is just great! Still a very new channel it seems as there isn't too many videos on the channel but it seems to be growing very quickly...
Especially interesting as someone who's very keen on zoology and animal biology...
I don't care what they say, Tigers are the top tier

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Little does McDonald's know, they know that they are dealing with crazy Rick & Morty fans by bringing that sauce back.

Imagine the riots and fights over a limited edition promotional sauce from the 90's.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But it showed it flying around the nebulae.
Yep, that's like just one of his cells or something. He's actually bigger

---

I like what I've seen of Rick and Morty but I haven't watched much of it

I'm still going to be at McDonald's at 10:30 to get that sauce with some chicken nuggets.

The closest participating restaurant isn't the closest restaurant here, but it's not TOO far away

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Little does McDonald's know, they know that they are dealing with crazy Rick & Morty fans by bringing that sauce back.

Imagine the riots and fights over a limited edition promotional sauce from the 90's.
They got security and cameras. If things get bad, they will break them up.

Nothing's stopping me from getting my childhood sauce. Though the same can be said for the countless other Rick & Morty and Mulan fans.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I recently discovered their buffalo sauce, and I love that on chicken nuggets now

D

Deleted member

You all talking abiut Warrior crossovers but what we really need are more good license fighting games.
Like, I'd have died for a Soulcalibur-like FE fighting game

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You all talking abiut Warrior crossovers but what we really need are more good license fighting games.

Finally someone else that wants this! I thought I was alone..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

McDonald's Warriors.

Fighting against armies of fry kids being lead by the Hamburglar and Captain Crook

Also, despite what AVGN said

CosMc is a real character

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

After all I've done to keep this from happening...the future refused to change.

Guys...I'm worried. I just lost a big safety net, and I don't know when I'll be able to afford it again. Best I can do is keep going, but it's not easy when you can't see where the path is leading. Much less knowing I'll likely be judged not for my effort but for what results I get from it. I've already been accused of laziness so many times just because I'm not already well off...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

After all I've done to keep this from happening...the future refused to change.

Guys...I'm worried. I just lost a big safety net, and I don't know when I'll be able to afford it again. Best I can do is keep going, but it's not easy when you can't see where the path is leading. Much less knowing I'll likely be judged not for my effort but for what results I get from it. I've already been accused of laziness so many times just because I'm not already well off...
I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope what I donated helps you somewhat, even if it's just a little bit. Godspeed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been catching up on Milo Murphey's law.

This show lays down a lot of future plot points that all connect. Not something I expected, but it's been pretty good so far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I've mentioned a SC vs FE a long time ago. Mostly because I'm a fan of SC, but it'd be cool if you could play as Ike or Roy. Though I really just want a Soul Calibur 6 in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom