• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
No what it sounds like is another reason to shill out a new game when there's no reason to make another FEW. All you need to do is add the most popular characters from the series as DLC and there's no reason to make another game. That's what Hyrule Warriors did. It's just another reason to pump out even more FE.

Even more egregious is the fact that the aforementioned characters were the ones that placed the highest in the popularity poll and were not only left out in the base game but also left out as DLC. Zero reason to defend these people. Honestly.
Might I remind you that FE Warriors' roster, aside from Lyn and Celica apparently, was decided on before Choose Your Legends ever happened? These decisions had to have been made a good year and a half ago, at the latest. I could see them using CYL to narrow down their DLC choices, but they were flying blind for the base roster aside from a couple dated popularity polls Famitsu ran for Awakening and Fates.

And even despite the missteps with the base roster, we do know they were concerned over there being too many sword lords. It likely stemmed from that, then went to "Crap, we can't fit them in anywhere. Maybe if a sequel happens?"

What is it about the internet that leads people to assume any disappointing news or choices must have been done out of spite?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holding back two of the most popular characters evident by the FE Ballot and releasing them in the sequel when they should have been DLC at the very least.

The very same point I made before this thing dissolved in to what it is now.
But once again, why blow the metaphorical load on the first game? They intended for it to maybe start a series for a while now. Had they added Ike or Roy as DLC, who would be the headliners for FEW2, hypothetically?

They're just thinking ahead. Long term.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Real talk though, a Nintendo Warriros game would be pretty great.

Call it, Super Smash Bros. Warriors

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But once again, why blow the metaphorical load on the first game? They intended for it to maybe start a series for a while now. Had they added Ike or Roy as DLC, who would be the headliners for FEW2, hypothetically?

They're just thinking ahead. Long term.
Sigurd, Seliph and Leif of course! :rolleyes: Doesn't this speak for itself?

D

Deleted member

Just finished Ch.114 and with that the Hero License Exams arc
All I have to say is
SHE'S GOT DEKU'S BLOOD **** **** ****

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, what other Nintendo franchises would even work well in a Warriors setting? They're pretty dialogue heavy and character driven, so things like Kirby and Mario don't work well. They've already tried and scrapped the idea for Pokémon Warriors IIRC, and things like Metroid and Pikmin don't have large enough casts. And then there are ones that don't fit thematically like Animal Crossing.
UHM

EXCUSE ME

I think we're missing a franchise with dialog here.

Not that Nintendo actually cares about it enough to ever greenlight it, but it's not like there isn't a franchise with combatants clearly separated along faction lines, extreme dialog amounts, a decent amount of characters, and third person action combat already.

. . .Sorry, been out shopping and gotta carry the flag for my battle. :4pit:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think it says something when the next in line are the Japan-only lords. :p

Poor Magvel.

That aside, I've been spoiling myself with some of the Supports from Fire Emblem Warriors. And if Opossum Opossum was ever wondering since the first showing of FEW...
Yes, the Chrom poster returns. And the reaction of one of the non-Awakening characters seeing it is priceless.

Last edited:
. . .I think some of you need to look up the definition of shilling
UHM

EXCUSE ME

Not that Nintendo actually cares about it enough to ever greenlight it, but it's not like there isn't a franchise with combatants clearly separated along faction lines, extreme dialog amounts, a decent amount of characters, and third person action combat already.

Im sad how perfect KI is for a Warriors game

Multiple already existing armies
Multiple great characters with plenty of room to be expanded upon
A buttload of weapons for the main cahracters

The only problems it has are not a huge amount of iconic locations (not that important), and, most importantly, no one gives a flying **** about the series since it's basically just 1 game.

IT SUCKS

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*checks Tumblr*

Well I guess my Pit of the Day pictures haven't gotten any attention to day for n-

Oh HEY. My petition actually got passed around slightly and signed by three people. I figured it was going to completely flop down into the bottom of the ocean after I posted it.

I'm not sure if it'll push through the amount needed to be displayed publicly on Change.org, but hey, may as well share it again. I need to do something to pass the next couple of decades other than sit and wait.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nintendo 64 Kid 2.0

Stuff like this is always lovely to see

If my son wanted a Switch as badly as this, and gave this reaction, I would've bought a damn Switch last week.

Also we really NEED Donkey Kong Warriors.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Shilling: a former British coin and monetary unit equal to one twentieth of a pound or twelve pence.

That's what Google says, and you shouldn't argue with the Google. >:T

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Shilling: a former British coin and monetary unit equal to one twentieth of a pound or twelve pence.

That's what Google says, and you shouldn't argue with the Google. >:T
If I had a shilling for every time an angry Nintendo gamer said shilling, I could go to, uh. . ..what's a British theme park? Alton Towers?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
UHM

EXCUSE ME

Im sad how perfect KI is for a Warriors game

Multiple already existing armies
Multiple great characters with plenty of room to be expanded upon
A buttload of weapons for the main cahracters

The only problems it has are not a huge amount of iconic locations (not that important), and, most importantly, no one gives a flying **** about the series since it's basically just 1 game.

IT SUCKS
Honestly I'd love a Kid Icarus Warriors game. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Phosphora, Poseidon, Arlon, Dyntos, Pyrrhon, Thanatos, Pandora, and Magnus would be a great and varied cast, and it offers lots of room to throw in multiple original gods, too. And the dog can be the token joke character. :p

I just didn't bring it up since it's kind of in limbo again.

D

Deleted member

KI Warriors wouldn't have to worry about a roster that much, if anything, considering how small its cast is compared to even Zelda. We could even possibly get one off characters like Poseidon or Dark Lord Gaol(because I'm still confused on how that plot point was resolved)
Uprising already has the base for movesets with the various weapons, they'd just have to distribute them.
Hell, they could even bring back multiple weapons for one character like in HW
It'd be fine as long as we got Magnus

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly I'd love a Kid Icarus Warriors game. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Phosphora, Poseidon, Arlon, Dyntos, Pyrrhon, Thanatos, Pandora, and Magnus would be a great and varied cast, and it offers lots of room to throw in multiple original gods, too. And the dog can be the token joke character. :p

I just didn't bring it up since it's kind of in limbo again.
Let's not forget Gaol and Cragalanche here! Maybe the latter's not so chatty, but he tries!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well since you mentioned it,
upload_2017-10-1_16-24-28.png

apparently it's a form of currency.
I don't think I've heard the word "shilling" be used before today, as in this or otherwise.

Also cool it's now October.
Not sure if I want to keep my Yojimbo avatar or switch to Halloween Sora.
I haven't had this avatar for very long, and I do tend to stick to avatars for I long time.
Then again, I could bring it back for November. I'll just see what happens.

Edit: God dang it I got ninja'd.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*reads last two pages*

Uhhh... the #24 choked a race so hard that a swole Jeff Gordon spawned on the track to troll people.

That's my report. :v

I tried to make a KI warriors roster using GIMP and a screenshot of Hyrule Warriors, but realized
1. I suck at photo editing
2. It would be hard
3. I am lazy
4. I have no time to waste on this, when I just bought Persona 5

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I tried to make a KI warriors roster using GIMP and a screenshot of Hyrule Warriors, but realized
1. I suck at photo editing
2. It would be hard
3. I am lazy
4. I have no time to waste on this, when I just bought Persona 5
Rank up Kawakami and Shinya as soon as possible. The abilities they give you are amazing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was reading through some of the support conversations from Fire Emblem Warriors and one of them has a REALLY neat callback/call-forward.
In Celica and Tiki's support, they talk about Mila and Duma, and Celica mentions that Tiki reminds her a lot of Mila. Tiki mentions that she'd love to visit Valentia one day.

Where do you find Tiki in Awakening? Valm, the modern day Valentia. Specifically? The Mila Tree.
That made me smile.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I just realized Quest 64 Warriors could totally be doable since some Monsters could work as legit playable options. The Rose Knights, Ogre, Were Hare, Spriggan, Blue Man, Wyvern, Lamia... and those are mostly just popular ones on the boxarts. Mind you, that's not counting the blatant regular characters and bosses. Epona is the only questionable NPC since there's no obvious abilities. But others have shown off skills or potential or were meant to be playable at one point, so Kiliac, Brian, Leo D'nardo, Princess Flora, and maybe Colleen(who is noted as an actual spirit tamer).

If only I really understood much about Warriors movesets worked. <.<

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just saw a commercial for a horror movie called "Snowman"
ignoring the terrible title, it has a part where it's a snowman, but the head is replaced with a human's severed head. Yup, we've stooped this low.
Das a fake Zebei; notice the lack of typos on his post.
but it DOES have a :p

:p

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I've been hearing so much about the movie Snowman and watching the first trailer. To be honest, the idea of that movie sounds completely hilarious.

And while everyone is imagining ideas for Nintendo Warriors, I'm just hoping Dynasty Warriors 9 doesn't suck. But since it's Koei, I'm not getting my hopes up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think Kid Icarus is done just yet. Usually million dollar sellers don't go very long without a sequel and yeah it's been 5 years since Uprising but the game was successful and is warranted another sequel when the right time comes around. Considering the Switch is as successful it's more likely for Nintendo to take more risks and Kid Icarus is definitely a risk but if it worked before it could easily with again. They're just waiting on the right team for the job methinks.

Uprising is great but I think a lot of people didn't finish the game because of the controls. Even as someone who sincerely loves the game the controls are straight bad. They're usable but not good at all. I will commend them for trying something unique on an incredibly limiting system though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cuphead is really making me want to start animating again.

I've been stuck in the planning stage for animation for a long time now and haven't animated in a while

I keep on changing stuff

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Controls are bad for Kid Icarus Uprising? Hmm.. Maybe so. But if you just adjust the difficulty level according to it, and the mistakes you make because of it, it's not too bad at all. Sure it gets in the way of gameplay a little. It feels somewhat rushed. But the main engine would work wonderfully on a stronger system, like the Switch. The game could even get a full port and probably will be received great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom