• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So Male Corrin, Female Robin and Celica's promotions for FEWarriors have been revealed.

Oh man Male corrin looks gooooood-
Edit: Also, something of interest regarding FEWarriors' files.
Niles apparently does have unused Support conversations in FEWarriors.
*cue screaming*

D

Deleted member

Guess who got two ****ing Axezuras but no Hector? Yup, this guy.
Honestly, I hate this game as much as it hates me.
At this point I'm expecting to get every 5* possible except Hector

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a glitch to get Mew in RBY and a glitch to get Serebii in GS

Gonna have a full dex

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So Male Corrin, Female Robin and Celica's promotions for FEWarriors have been revealed.

Excuse me, did you just ringity ding ding on my door? :4robinf:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This, more than anything, has me thinking that Niles (along with Oboro, Owain, and Navarre) will be added in a free update the way the HW villains were. The playable versions probably got work started on them during post-production, but whoever was in charge of that particular aspect must've jumped the gun a little.

Also, while it really sucks that the devs don't think Ike or Roy have a shot until a sequel happens...should we really be so quick to assume it was a calculate act of greed, meant to deliberately hold them back as a hook for a sequel? What is it with the internet and assuming people have the worst intentions? Their statement comes off more like "we didn't have room for 'em, but they'll get a long look if a sequel happens" than anything!

It's like how Nintendo's statement a couple weeks ago about how they're up for greenlighting more 2D Metroid games if Samus Returns does well was misconstrued to people freaking out and going "Nintendo's gonna kill Metroid if Samus Returns doesn't sell enough!". Doesn't this all feel a little...knee-jerk to anyone?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's weird. Some channels are doing Tim Burton marathons for Halloween

But none of them include Beetlejuice

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During the 1 hour special of One Piece, they had a preview for the 1 hour special of Dragon Ball Super

Actually showing Goku's new form in animation

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Didn't they say the FEW dlc would be fan picks... but Ike and Roy won't be in likely dlc? They're the first and second place respectively in that poll.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, so I just rather randomly got a some "warning" pop-up message, and I'm a bit nervous now.

The message went as follows. "The identity of this website or the integrity of the connection cannot be verified. Do you want to proceed?"

I couldn't tell what the source was but there were several of them hiding behind each other. There was an option to proceed, don't proceed, and view the certificate. I didn't try any of them and only closed every window out. What really confuses and kinda of worries me is that they appeared at just pure random. I was just playing Garry's Mod at the time when I minimized the game to see them on my desktop all of the sudden. The only other things I had open (apart from Steam, of course) at the time were Skype and Firefox, and the latter only had one tab open which had been on Google, so nothing unusual as far as my browser went right then.

I've tried doing a little research on the message, but the results I've found so far seem inconsistent, so I'm still not sure what might be causing it. Has anyone here ever seen this pop-up before? I want to suspect that it could be a threat to my computer, but a McAfee scan didn't find anything wrong, so I'm still unsure if it is or isn't. And in any case, I still don't know what caused them to appear.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Didn't they say the FEW dlc would be fan picks... but Ike and Roy won't be in likely dlc? They're the first and second place respectively in that poll.
They're keeping their focus on the three games chosen.

So we'll be getting fan picks like Tharja for example.

We're still getting very popular characters, just not ones from those games. And if the leaked four are anything to go by, I think we're in for a treat. The Awakening character especially.

That said, I think one or two characters might sneak in from other games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I met a dude at Walmart today who calls himself Pickle. He was an odd sort who didn't take kindly to the fact I picked up the last bag of doritos. I then told him that if he didn't let it go I was going to stuff him in a jar.

He laughed, and picked up great value chips instead.

Ripperoo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I met a dude at Walmart today who calls himself Pickle. He was an odd sort who didn't take kindly to the fact I picked up the last bag of doritos. I then told him that if he didn't let it go I was going to stuff him in a jar.

He laughed, and picked up great value chips instead.

Ripperoo.
I thought this was going to lead to a Pickle Rick meme. I don't know whether I'm relieved or disappointed

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've been trying to find the link for that sentence and for people translating it in general, as JP tends to sometimes be mistranslated. But by what I've found so far, it sounds more like they didn't say Ike and Roy aren't DLC, but they want Ike and Roy to be in the second game as they are very popular and can help promote the 2nd one.
There could be that possibility where if there's enough fan demand, they might get in earlier, but than just about all of the popular ones are picked and there wouldn't really be any popular ones left to help promote a 2nd game. IS and Nintendo are probably the 2nd possibility, as apparently they are responsible for adding Lyn and Celica. If there is enough fan demand, IS and Nintendo could have Koei add Ike and Roy to DLC as well.

Anyway, FEHeroes is giving me all of the Blues that it didn't give me during the Nohrian Summer Banner and just had like the 8th or 9th time that I've gotten no Green Orbs to choose from. As a result, I got Shigure from a Blue Orb. I'm not against it, as he does come with the Def/Res Dance and Blue Tome Valor, but geez FEHeroes, stop trying to not give me Greens. :glare:

D

Deleted member

I swear to god if I get another GODDAMN CECILIA in FEH I'm gonna strangle someone
At least give me some skill fodder for ****'s sake, game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear to god if I get another GODDAMN CECILIA in FEH I'm gonna strangle someone
At least give me some skill fodder for ****'s sake, game

At least, with some investment, Cecilia is a solid unit, especially with full cavalry buffs.

D

Deleted member

I'm really liking the new members of the League of Villains now that I'm catching up on the manga
Dabi is probably my favorite though I don't know if that gray skin on him is actually his own burned skin but I'm gonna bet that yes.
Toga is the obligatory crazy ***** but I think she went too far into the insanity route
Deadpoll-looking guy makes me more confused than anything but he's funny and has an interedting Quirk
Then there's some guy with a log that I assume he can use to pull in others and the Stain fanboy(I bet he bought that mask on his local store), I was like "is that ****ing Samehada" and then he pulls the sword but it's actually A BUNCH OF SWORDS STICKED TOGETHER LIKE WHAT
p (16).png

This is something that falls under the "So stupid, it's awesome" category
Oh yeah, there's Magician guy too, his Quirk is cool but he nd asshole
solid unit
She's only as useful as she was in FE6

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really liking the new members of the League of Villains now that I'm catching up on the manga
Dabi is probably my favorite though I don't know if that gray skin on him is actually his own burned skin but I'm gonna bet that yes.
Toga is the obligatory crazy ***** but I think she went too far into the insanity route
Deadpoll-looking guy makes me more confused than anything but he's funny and has an interedting Quirk
Then there's some guy with a log that I assume he can use to pull in others and the Stain fanboy(I bet he bought that mask on his local store), I was like "is that ****ing Samehada" and then he pulls the sword but it's actually A BUNCH OF SWORDS STICKED TOGETHER LIKE WHAT
View attachment 132967
Oh yeah, there's Magician guy too, his Quirk is cool but he nd *******

Gronnblade and Horse Buffs make her a magical nuke with amazing range.
Gronnraven and Triangle Adept make her a good Brave Lyn and general archer counter.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gronnraven and Triangle Adept make her a good Brave Lyn and general archer counter.
Not to mention Blue Mages are common, like Linde, Olwen, Male Robin, Delthea, Summer Corrin, Bunny Lucina, Mae, Bride Caeda and the ever-common and popular Reinhardt.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 132967
Oh yeah, there's Magician guy too, his Quirk is cool but he nd *******

You censor dodged there.
Also smh you're reading it online without paying for it aren't you

D

Deleted member

Nope. Give her a Gronblade & Moonbow/Draconic Aura as well as a couple allies with Hone & Fortify Cavalry respectively and she'll wreck house.
That's implying Nino isn't a better choice for Gronnblade and overall better Green Mage. The only difference is that Cecilia has a horse.
And the only counter I meed for Brave Lyn is Brave Lyn herself

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's implying Nino isn't a better choice for Gronnblade and overall better Green Mage. The only difference is that Cecilia has a horse.
And the only counter I meed for Brave Lyn is Brave Lyn herself

And the fact that she has a horse gives her an extremely different niche than Nino. Nino doesn't work nearly as well on cavalry teams, and Cecilia's horse gives her added range over Nino.

They're both amazing, but are used with different team compositions. "Horse Emblem" is one of the most popular compositions, so Cecilia is really good. Plus with Arena Assault you'll need as many good units as you can get.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You censor dodged there.
Also smh you're reading it online without paying for it aren't you
I didn't censor dodge though? Nothing on that panel is autocensored here.

Ok, first of all, even if I wanted to pay for it, the manga still is way behind here(pretty sure the last one was Vol.6).
Second, I'm the least likely person here to be bothered about piracy. I watch every anime I do through pirate sites and the same is gonna apply for manga.
And finally, I am paying for it, I'm buying all the volumes as they come out here, all I'm doing is reading it earlier. Though it's more because I like owning them physically.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think this is the only place where I've seen the word "*******" being censored lol, I dunno why.

Guess it is dictionary time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This, more than anything, has me thinking that Niles (along with Oboro, Owain, and Navarre) will be added in a free update the way the HW villains were. The playable versions probably got work started on them during post-production, but whoever was in charge of that particular aspect must've jumped the gun a little.

Also, while it really sucks that the devs don't think Ike or Roy have a shot until a sequel happens...should we really be so quick to assume it was a calculate act of greed, meant to deliberately hold them back as a hook for a sequel? What is it with the internet and assuming people have the worst intentions? Their statement comes off more like "we didn't have room for 'em, but they'll get a long look if a sequel happens" than anything!

It's like how Nintendo's statement a couple weeks ago about how they're up for greenlighting more 2D Metroid games if Samus Returns does well was misconstrued to people freaking out and going "Nintendo's gonna kill Metroid if Samus Returns doesn't sell enough!". Doesn't this all feel a little...knee-jerk to anyone?
No what it sounds like is another reason to shill out a new game when there's no reason to make another FEW. All you need to do is add the most popular characters from the series as DLC and there's no reason to make another game. That's what Hyrule Warriors did. It's just another reason to pump out even more FE.

Even more egregious is the fact that the aforementioned characters were the ones that placed the highest in the popularity poll and were not only left out in the base game but also left out as DLC. Zero reason to defend these people. Honestly.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No what it sounds like is another reason to shill out a new game when there's no reason to make another FEW. All you need to do is add the most popular characters from the series as DLC and there's no reason to make another game. That's what Hyrule Warriors did. It's just another reason to pump out even more FE.

Even more egregious is the fact that the aforementioned characters were the ones that placed the highest in the popularity poll and were not only left out in the base game but also left out as DLC. Zero reason to defend these people. Honestly.
I don't know, I'm kind of tempted to defend them because the cumulative mass of Fire Emblem genwunners is annoying me and I got the salt. :4robinf: :salt:

I mean, I wanted Kid Icarus Warriors (or Kirby Warriors or Xenoblade Warriors or-) instead of them wasting time on another FE game, but the only reason I have to care about Ike and Roy is so I can get some peace and quiet while I play the characters from the games I actually care about, I.E. the three games they actually added.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't know, I'm kind of tempted to defend them because the cumulative mass of Fire Emblem genwunners is annoying me and I got the salt. :4robinf: :salt:

I mean, I wanted Kid Icarus Warriors (or Kirby Warriors or Xenoblade Warriors or-) instead of them wasting time on another FE game, but the only reason I have to care about Ike and Roy is so I can get some peace and quiet while I play the characters from the games I actually care about, I.E. the three games they actually added.
Roy and Ike are hardly genwunners. Technically that would imply FE characters from Shadow Dragon right? Unless i'm missing something here.

It's as simple as two characters that scored the highest in the FE Ballot and are immensely popular with their Smash exposure. Why the two characters weren't prioritized in development or at least made as DLC if they couldn't make the vanilla roster is completely moronic. Because what I see is an opportunity to shill out another FE Warriors game. i.e. "If you were mad about these 2 characters not being in the game then buy our sequel please".

And yes, the next Warriors game should be something completely different from FE Warriors or any previous Warriors game. Honestly the next Warriors should be a Nintendo Warriors in general.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if I'm cold because it's cold or if I'm cold because I'm sick

Because 3 days ago it was 85 degrees

It's all rainy and stuff now though. Maybe I'm not used to it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No Ike and no Roy in FEW it's not a deal breaker.

No Wrys it is.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Roy and Ike are hardly genwunners. Technically that would imply FE characters from Shadow Dragon right? Unless i'm missing something here.

It's as simple as two characters that scored the highest in the FE Ballot and are immensely popular with their Smash exposure. Why the two characters weren't prioritized in development or at least made as DLC if they couldn't make the vanilla roster is completely moronic. Because what I see is an opportunity to shill out another FE Warriors game. i.e. "If you were mad about these 2 characters not being in the game then buy our sequel please".

And yes, the next Warriors game should be something completely different from FE Warriors or any previous Warriors game. Honestly the next Warriors should be a Nintendo Warriors in general.
It's more an attitude framework. I consider certain breeds of Melee and Super/Prime Metroid fans as part of the genwunner class of gamer despite the first game in the series not strictly being the obsession. Nobody really cares about Shadow Dragon other than me, it's more a leg cling to the GBA games and Tellius with a little bit of nostalgic Echoes obsession of people making asides about "better times" thrown in.

Obviously it's not a strategy in good taste (although since I'm pretty sure the DLC interview came after the no Ike one it's possible they could crumple at some point), but there's a part of me that definitely wants to go "eh, it's fine" just to spite people shouting from the rooftops how every game I play is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom