• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic/interview-super-mario-world
Developer Interview #5 of SNES Classic is now live: Covering Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island.

First interesting thing about this when Mario is extending his arm while on Yoshi in SMW, he's actually punching Yoshi on the head to make him shoot his tongue

But the REALLY juicy detail from this is what Yoshi was originally going to look like

Totally weird.

Next volume: Kirby Super Star
Man... is it ever ugly...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Developer Interview #5 of SNES Classic is now live: Covering Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island.

First interesting thing about this when Mario is extending his arm while on Yoshi in SMW, he's actually punching Yoshi on the head to make him shoot his tongue

But the REALLY juicy detail from this is what Yoshi was originally going to look like

Totally weird.

Yoshi's Island: The Yoshis take care of Baby Mario and protect him from danger.

Super Mario World: Mario proceeds to be a **** by sucker punching the Yoshis and sacrificing them to the abyss to make higher jumps.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yoshi's Island: The Yoshis take care of Baby Mario and protect him from danger.

Super Mario World: Mario proceeds to be a **** by sucker punching the Yoshis and sacrificing them to the abyss to make higher jumps.
When has Mario not been a terrible person?

He's easily the most bottom tier protagonist Nintendo has morality wise, he's pretty much abusive to everyone around him he doesn't think he has a chance at getting in a relationship with.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And we also confirmed that Mario was indeed hitting Yoshi's head...
Even though I kind of admit that for a long time but the fact they confirmed is more disturbing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mario and Luigi lowkey transformed Dinosaur Land into Concussion Land by smacking those Yoshis lmao.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, time to find better role models amirite?

Quick, let's think of a video game character that saves animals from abuse instead of abusing them themselves. :4sonic:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to try and mix Potatoes, Carrots, Cabbage, and Onions with Beef Stock and rosemary and slow cook it

See if it tastes any good

Probably some garlic

Edit: It'd taste better with Garlic, but Garlic is a trigger for acid reflux. I've had garlic as of late and hadn't noticed if it causes it... But it could

Onions are too. Sort of. It's confusing but if you cook them long enough it shouldn't matter. Garlic is probably the same though

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I played a bit of the SNES Classic with a Wii Classic Controller Pro.

A pro about that controller is that you can use the Home button to go to the home menu without hitting the Reset switch on the machine.

A con about that controller is that, unlike Virtual Console, you can't use the analog stick (outside of the home menu).

Think I'll just stick with the SNES controller.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yikes, ever once in awhile I come across something that I thought was new, or recent to find out if happened 3-5 years ago

This time it was just an episode of AVGN I remembered being recent, but it was more than 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Welp, time to find better role models amirite?

Quick, let's think of a video game character that saves animals from abuse instead of abusing them themselves. :4sonic:
Donkey Kong easily. The makes the exact opposite character development from Mario, especially since he's also DK Jr.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Totally weird.

Jesus that Yoshi looks like Yoshi version of Splat Tim.

He licks it!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I played a bit of the SNES Classic with a Wii Classic Controller Pro.

A pro about that controller is that you can use the Home button to go to the home menu without hitting the Reset switch on the machine.

A con about that controller is that, unlike Virtual Console, you can't use the analog stick (outside of the home menu).

Think I'll just stick with the SNES controller.
Ahh, that's good to know... :)

Kinda wish the console itself had a third controller slot so I can plug in the Wii Classic Controller Pro and have 3 players in Secret of Mana.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*posts petition to Tumblr*

*gets two followers out of nowhere, no one actually touched the petition or the post it was on in any way whatsoever*

Yes, because that was my intent sharing that. :4megaman:

Uh, love you too though, whoever you people are out there.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is like that one looney tunes episode where foghorn thinks he's a mother to a baby ostrich and the dog keeps calling it ugly.

LooneyBoards

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well its october soon.

i hope splatoon has something big other then the weapon update that month
I'm just excited for the cooler weather. Being required to walk around college campus in nicer jeans (or dress pants) all day due to my school's dress code has been BRUTAL. My legs haven't been able to breathe for a while.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm just excited for the cooler weather. Being required to walk around college campus in nicer jeans (or dress pants) all day due to my school's dress code has been BRUTAL. My legs haven't been able to breathe for a while.
I wear jeans in all seasons pfff I never show my legs
I know what Nintendo can do with Splatoon 2 in October: Release a physical copy of Turquoise October album

:upsidedown:
If they do that and playable octolings, Id be down for it

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wear jeans in all seasons pfff I never show my legs

If they do that and playable octolings, Id be down for it
Same here. Whenever someone tries to get me in shorts it feels wrong.

. . .Now, I'll have to start getting around MY October plans.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I always seem to like the Fall and December parts of the year the most out of any other part of the year. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I just do. Maybe I just like snow and the cold in general. Maybe the time of year just feels nostalgic. Maybe it's because of Christmas. It's really tough to say.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same here. Whenever someone tries to get me in shorts it feels wrong.

. . .Now, I'll have to start getting around MY October plans.
So basically some Chinese students in my current university. A lot of their friend are messaging them asking "Do you guys have day off yet? LOL"
If you guys did not know, from October 1st to October 8th, China have the "10/1 holiday", so yeah, their national holiday is one week. Whereas Taiwan's Double Tenth day (Taiwan celebrates Republic of China's holiday, if you feel confused just Google and you will know why) is on Tuesday, so usually they have set Monday is a day off too, so that mean most people in Taiwan have a four days break...
Imagine China and Taiwan both celebrate both of their national holiday (even though that's definitely impossible)... this means at the beginning of October we will have ten days off!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this news.

Dang. The chances of that happening are lower than the chances of getting a 5 star.
On the bright side, you at least have some Desperation, Vantage/Brave Bow, and Iceberg fodder.
Why wouldn't we? Those are two characters that are immensely popular given that they were the ones that got Top 2 among male characters in the FE Ballot.

Sounds like an excuse to shill another FE Warriors game. Probably to be announced with another 50 FE games at the start of next year.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, I was sick today

I never got to the store to get the food I wanted

I slept most of the day away

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Happy Spooptober, folks! I've already hinted at this thing way too niche for anyone to care about on my Pit of the Day Tumblr, but I'm doing a small miniseries.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Totally weird.

Mario has:
-Kept DK imprisoned and tortured him
-Abuse and murder on multiple Yoshis
-Skinned Tanooki alive for their fur
-Painted multiple parts of Delfino Island
-Destroyed entire ecosystems and planets
-A stable friendship with the guy who keeps kidnapping his girlfriend
-An irrational hate for his brother
-Body snatched multiple individuals, stealing then fron their free will and turning them into slaves to die for Mario

Yeah, lock this guy up in some cell, please
Villager, he literaly lives with them
*Hits Hazel with a Bug Net so she'll leave my ****ing town*
I'm sorry, what?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Male Corrin, Female Robin and Celica's promotions for FEWarriors have been revealed.

Edit: Also, something of interest regarding FEWarriors' files.
Niles apparently does have unused Support conversations in FEWarriors.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like Fall and December in terms of weather more than any season. The cold can really suck sometimes, but I way prefer it over hot weather because keeping warm is generally much easier for me to manage than staying cool.

Even if I wasn't just counting whether I'd still really love both of those times of the year. I love the holidays and other events that can come along with them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Winter is better than fall in term of flavors

Love peppermint in everything compared to pumpkin spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom