• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've been waiting all year for this mother****er. And it will release in a week.
For some bizarre reason, I looked at the "Furniture Row" on the front of the car and this came to mind:

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Lurking on NeoGAF is sooo fun. I tried creating an account but they said I couldn't because they don't accept free e-mail addresses.

Does everybody in the US use a 'paid' address?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
2 thing
praline praline 1) this was in the bravely offical twitter
And 2) Olberics last name is apparently Eisenberg

Decided to go through tumblr myself for Bravely

Fire Emblem Edea

hnggg
I really really really hope there is a ringabel like character in octopath. Ringabel is my fav character from BD

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The silver lining is that the perfect record the Pats were going for became impossible when they lost game 1 against the Chiefs.
Another thing I heard just moments ago is that someone from my least favorite team was playing in today's game even when he's been given a six game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on sexual assault. I know they let him play last week, but he clearly wasn't supposed to play today.

His checkbook's gonna be a little lighter in the morning.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Forgive me for which I have sinned hard. By making a meme.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I know I should not take memes seriously... but if I have to, I think this meme is pretty dumb... not in a meme way but how could it got started... my guess is people are making fun of Pyra's outfit not getting censored when some thinks it's too revealing?
I don't think it's because people don't like Pyra's appearance (That could be Rex), since well... she is the XC2 characcter that has the most fanarts...
Oh yeah, here is that Torna masked dude official artwork made by Tomura.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I do not support the ship below. I want it to be KNOWN I do not support the ship below. If I see anyone aboard said ship? I will fire at the ship, and sink it all the way to hell.
I didn't even KNOW this was a ship until I saw it as my friend's background on his phone. Sunk him too by the by. He's burning in hell as we speak.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh god I checked tumblr for Kid Icarus conrent. So much good stuff. And a sad truth

It's stuff like college or business emails. Mostly to keep out trolls from making a billion accounts.
You have to pay to get a college email? i got my email as soon as I was enrolled in college amd didnt have to pay for that

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh god I checked tumblr for Kid Icarus conrent. So much good stuff. And a sad truth

It's stuff like college or business emails. Mostly to keep out trolls from making a billion accounts.
Found the 'ol jackpot, eh?

I will never surrender, even if I have to keep making esoteric memes til the end of time.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
fwiw some colleges let you make an alumni account without attending the college. And GAF accepts those.

For anyone that cares that deeply about getting a GAF account so you can join in the conversation about Dark Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or Dark Souls.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I do not support the ship below. I want it to be KNOWN I do not support the ship below. If I see anyone aboard said ship? I will fire at the ship, and sink it all the way to hell.
I didn't even KNOW this was a ship until I saw it as my friend's background on his phone. Sunk him too by the by. He's burning in hell as we speak.
My friend, you do know everything can be shipped with everything, right? I mean, there's literally some random person who ships Lucina with Spiderman. That alone should explain enough about shipping in general.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hey it's me.

Your friend.
I'm sorry but I just can't get over this post. :grin:

I have NEVER laughed so hard in my entire life. I could barely breathe just thinking about it. Almost cried of laughter. What, you a PhD student or something?

Example of a genius right here.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My friend, you do know everything can be shipped with everything, right? I mean, there's literally some random person who ships Lucina with Spiderman. That alone should explain enough about shipping in general.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I can **** a toaster, but I shouldn't.

...Normally.

I was really drunk, don't judge me.

Look, the point is, ***** don't go in toasters.

No wait...

You shouldn't ship Angel and Gaige. Yeah that's the one.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was going ask why this meme was trending on Twitter, didn't know a lot of you were not a huge fan of Saitou's artstyle. Totally understand guys, but I didn't know it was that much...
And... yikes, the more I look the more bad it got a bit... why does this often happen when I am out from Smashboards for a while? (Really, this tend to happen... don't know why...)
Gotta... turn my Monado to art... sorry for the long post... I have no shame to say I am a Xenoblade fanboy
Let's be real though, Pyra's design is bad
I took a crack at it myself
Let's be real though, why are people complaining about Pyra's design when Rex's design has been bashed as well?

I big to differ, sure her shorts... are kind of odd, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Ad who knows what kind of Blade we will get once we played the game...
If ya don't like Pyra's clothing, just remove it then. :gova:
I don't know if outfit customization are return or not... since they never mention it, I don't have my hopes much.
That design is so much better.

No joke.
I still stand I don't like this meme, I actually agree.
But this looks more close to Fire Emblem in my opinion.
Idk, I kinda like the whole edit more then her original design. If your gonna be fighting, best protect the breasts
Sorry for being so serious... but in the game, technically she doesn't fight, in the front line at least... and you might forget this but Blades only take damage when their driver takes damage. (Remember that part where she gets hurt... but people were paying more attention to her breast?)
Hire us, Nintendo~☆
Since it's Nintendo of Europe doing the localization, and when the changes are nearly none... well...
Serious now, Pyra would look better if they just covered the torso.
Also the face she has in her official art doesn't help; it looked much better in the concept sheets.
It's a typical anime character face and some are bothered just because it's for a Xenoblade game? I understand it's subjective when it comes to judging aesthetics... I will just ask what do you guys think about "Expelled From Paradise"? Especially the female protagonist... From the same artist...I posted this before.

I actually think the plot in Expelled from Paradise can be made into a Xenoblade game...

I still dislike it, but that really is an improvement. I just don't understand how they went from Shulk and the gang to Rex and Pyra. Maybe the character design in the first wasn't amazingly special, but with 2's it's just offensively generic.
Again, I have to disagree... I am actually ok with and even fond with it... for now...
I never really like the original's style to be honest, but it doesn't diminish my gameplay experience. X was even more abysmal in my opinion... but still... soundtrack and gameplay were awesome. Artstyle was never the main criteria for me when it comes determine whether I should play the game or not.
I just think XC2 is just like how Persona 5, Tales of Berseria is like, it is a bit generic, but I don't think it's offensively generic...
Can we make Rexs pants look less ugly since People made Pyras outfit less ugly?
Pyra's were never ugly to me.
I totally agree when it comes to Rex though.
I'm not huge on any of the XC2 cast getting into Smash (which would probably just be Rex and/or Pyra) simply because as it stands now, while the game itself looks good, I don't much like their characters. :/
Never say it too soon until you play the game, just saying.
I mean, we don't really know each of character's background story. LIke why is Rex living on a mini Titian as a scavenger? Which kingdom was he originally in? How did he met Pyra? Why is Nia accompanied with Rex?(Possibly in the very early story like how Reyn was)
Id like to hear a person defending Pyras whale tail that it has anything to do with the story and how it wasnt for no reason
This doesn't really need to be defend... it's just a thing that is worth discussing or left it unsure until we get the game...
Maybe they're trying to go more mainstream like Fire Emblem did.
Especially in the Japan region. Xenoblade sells better in the west ( According to Wiki...), and it never got high reviews in Japan compare to the west.
Ex: Xenoblade Chronicles got 92 on Metacritic but 36/40 on Famitsu...
I don't mind her design, but I don't love it either.

But Imma get pissed if she gets a figma before mah boi Shulk.
I already got a Shulk amiibo,if Pyra doesn't have an amiibo then I won't mind having a figma before Shulk.
Honestly I'm not gonna get the game either way
Oh I'm so sad! When this is my most anticipated Switch game.
Soooo, Blades are synthetic beings that come from shiny crystals, have weapons, they can heal their injuries and are immortal unless the core gem on their body gets shattered.

Xenoblade 2 is an anime version of Steven Universe confirmed.
I'm really curious how will This game's "What I played/I expected/ I got" meme turn out...
Technically she is an object when she's a sword.
She was never a sword... I think...
At this point Im sure Pyra isn't the sword itself, she could store the sword in her core or she could be sealed within it; we don't much about it yet.
She's connected to the sword and both are connected to the Driver; it is not about objects, it is about synergy.

This is supported by the trailers showing Pyra being capable of one-on-one combat and the devs saying there's quests where Blades are fully playable.
This... is... AWESOME! Can't wait how it will turn out
I will say the thing about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I'm most excited for is a playable Nopon again.

Riki was my favorite character from the first game.

And unplayable Nopon like Tatsu just become loads.
And we also might get our first Nopon villain. If the girl on his left is his Blade, then this Nopon....
I want someone I can like as much as Melia.

A cast as great as XC is probably unreasonable, since they were all so great, especially together, so im hoping to be able to like one a lot to make up for it at least.
I don't know if heart-to-heart is gonna return or not
Remember the script where it there seems to be a hot spring scene? Curious how that will turn out...

Can't believe I replied a lot page 1544, sorry about that...
I've never ignored anyone personally.

It just doesn't solve anything imo.

I'd rather argue with a person than just let behavior I dislike go uncontested.
Or have a civil debate with someone, it's just a video game afterall. But when it comes to other stuff... yeah...
Yeah, I'm. . .starting to crawl into a corner internally.

Everyone's feelings are badly hurt and I'm not sure how to patch it up so I guess this is all my fault somehow.
Yeah, just how did this happened? I though we were just discussing about my most anticipated game, and most people seems to not like the artstyle, which kind of makes me sad...
Fire Emblem Edea
hnggg
Nice, this could work....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's a long post, man.

I'm actually kind of impressed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's a long post, man.

I'm actually kind of impressed.
Yeah, it was a pain since most of you guys seems to be negative about Pyra's outfit... and my laptop is so slow for most of the time.
I hope somebody will look at it... even though I guess my post will likely once again be ignored...

And there are some "defense" on the Xenoblade Chronicles 2

here's a tl;dr when it comes to summing up my thoughts on this thread's recent XC2 criticism...

Never judge a book by its cover...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it was a pain since most of you guys seems to be negative about Pyra's outfit... and my laptop is so slow for most of the time.
I hope somebody will look at it... even though I guess my post will likely once again be ignored...

And there are some "defense" on the Xenoblade Chronicles 2

here's a tl;dr when it comes to summing up my thoughts on this thread's recent XC2 criticism...

Never judge a book by its cover...
We weren't judging the book, we were judging the cover.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So a lot of discussion today related to Pyra's design, huh?

Me personally, I feel like her design is going over the top just a little bit too much. I know it's unlikely, but I feel like editing it somewhat (like covering up her legs with red pants) would help her in the long run.

As for everything else that's happened today... I really do want this thread to try and stay positive. I don't feel like fighting gets anywhere in the long term. We all come here to relieve ourselves of our stress in our daily lives, right? That's what this place should stay like.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We weren't judging the book, we were judging the cover.
Some were , some don't.
Like some say characters in XC2 are boring compare to Shulk and others? Whereas some just complain about Rex and Pyra's outfit, I'm ok with that.
So a lot of discussion today related to Pyra's design, huh?

Me personally, I feel like her design is going over the top just a little bit too much. I know it's unlikely, but I feel like editing it somewhat (like covering up her legs with red pants) would help her in the long run.

As for everything else that's happened today... I really do want this thread to try and stay positive. I don't feel like fighting gets anywhere.
For me... I just don't really care...
And anyone forgot another Blade girl character?
I remember I post a lot of stuff about Xenoblade 2 (Especially Pyra) back in E3 days, don't know why it's only know where people start to talk about this lol.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
An interesting USUM poster appeared.
Getting some cool serious vibes from it, specially from the mysterious figures at the top.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sorry for being so serious... but in the game, technically she doesn't fight, in the front line at least... and you might forget this but Blades only take damage when their driver takes damage. (Remember that part where she gets hurt... but people were paying more attention to her breast?)
Tbh yeah I did forget about that. I know I saw her floating around in the direct but I didnt know they share damage like that.

I think I should leave this site

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MasakoX pointed out that with the red hair, relation to Android 16 in some way, and wearing a ring

Android 21 could be the recreation of Android 16's mother/ and Dr. Gero's Wife/ babymama

Android 16 was based on Dr. Gero's son - Not the actual robot the original son the robot is based on

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Some were , some don't.
Like some say characters in XC2 are boring compare to Shulk and others? Whereas some just complain about Rex and Pyra's outfit, I'm ok with that.
I guess, though in all those posts you quoted the grievance was the design, not the characterization.

Except mine, which was, granted, vague, though it was in reference to an earlier post where I voiced my displeasure with Monolith's character design. It would be silly to judge their characterization as it stands now, though typically I don't really care about characterization when it comes to Smash. The game isn't particularly plot or dialogue heavy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Tbh yeah I did forget about that. I know I saw her floating around in the direct but I didnt know they share damage like that.
It was also being teased in the first trailer.
By the way, my concern is the outfit customization might not return... if this is the case then I can understand why people are complaining about Rex's and Pyra's outfit...

Getting some cool serious vibes from it, specially from the mysterious figures at the top.
Lillie didn't change at all... ok...
So Ultra Sun & Moon story is probably nearly identical as the original...
Did I do anything wrong? "A bit panic"

I guess, though in all those posts you quoted the grievance was the design, not the characterization.

Except mine, which was, granted, vague, though it was in reference to an earlier post where I voiced my displeasure with Monolith's character design. It would be silly to judge their characterization as it stands now, though typically I don't really care about characterization when it comes to Smash. The game isn't particularly plot or dialogue heavy.
When this game is going to be story-driven, I really hope most character can be good
I don't know if you know who the artist is... I stand by that Saitou's artstyle or even him as the artist for Xenoblade 2 is totally ok since, he does hentai artwork before afterall (But again, he was even involved in an anime movie). I will only just give out my two-cents, I'm basically, just isn't bothered. And I wasn't a huge fan of the original Xenoblade's character design too.
And Tomura also design Torna characters too.
Lillie has a Pokeball.
If Lillie is the champ then oh my Monado things are gonna get real.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is purely in attempt to help and not an attack of any sort, but perhaps some time away from the site may be for the best if you're finding it a bit much atm.

Sometime some distance and breathing room helps change the mind space we might be stuck in.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No no. Dont worry. It was nothing you did, dont worry
Oh, ok, I just thought with my long post of nonsense, you might get bothered.
Take this advice:
This is purely in attempt to help and not an attack of any sort, but perhaps some time away from the site may be for the best if you're finding it a bit much atm.

Sometime some distance and breathing room helps change the mind space we might be stuck in.
But when I leave this site longer than usual, s**t happens on the thread I mostly visit... but who knows maybe it's just me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But when I leave this site longer than usual, s**t happens on the thread I mostly visit... but who knows maybe it's just me.
When I leave the site for an extended period and then come back you kids are on about some new dumb meme that makes me feel out of touch, but then it's pretty much Fire Emblem, anime, and Spongebob as usual so I don't feel too bad. :p

I miss active Smash spec.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is Mewtwo pokemon number 150 and Mew 151 when Mew was discovered before Mewtwo then cloned to create Mewtwo, in gen 1 at least saying the pokemon that became Mewtwo was birthed by Mew

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Why is that poster doing more to hype me for the game than Game Freak is?

Seriously though, that's a good poster. Also Lillie with a Poké Ball hype.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Yeah, you are right..

ill just say sorry to everyone befor I go tonight

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When I leave the site for an extended period and then come back you kids are on about some new dumb meme that makes me feel out of touch, but then it's pretty much Fire Emblem, anime, and Spongebob as usual so I don't feel too bad. :p

I miss active Smash spec.
Sorry for mentioning Pyra again, but I also found this pic funny:
Same artist, had posted before too. She is the only one who will make Dickson go crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom