• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is my mood right now.
Replace the 4 special words with Overwatch Events. Cause **** Yeah! I wasn't expecting to, but the next Lootbox I got had Winston's Wukong skin! Not only does this allow me to get Mei's Luna skin if I want to get that, but I have enough currency to get any Emotes and Highlights I don't get and want by the end of the event.
:joyful:
It's amazing how much I've been blessed by RNG despite not paying once for a single Loobox. I got all Halloween Legendaries, all Christmas legendaries(including Zarya's Emote) and now I can get all Lunar New Year Legendaries.
:joyful:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This isn't pineapple pizza.

That's just pineapple on a slice of pizza.
As @WhiteEaglePL said, it looks like a pretty cheap slice of pizza, too.

I'm gonna guess homemade. Businesses put too much work into prettying theirs up to look like that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...well, shoot. I just realized I missed the member card.

No Physic staves for me this playthrough, I guess.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I'm gonna guess homemade. Businesses put too much work into prettying theirs up to look like that.
I dunno, there's some nasty places out there. In fact, I think most places don't even take the time to pretty up unless they're an authentic/high-end place.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's just a conspiracy to ruin the image of pineapple pizza by the Illuminati

D

Deleted member

Same reason why Dixie suddenly got shafted by the Cranky and Funky fans.
If you're going by "because clone logic", that really doesn't explain why people voted for who is basically "DK with Swag" over her.

At least with Cranky it's people coming to their senses and developing good taste most likely due to people seeing more potential in him than in Dixie.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I dunno, there's some nasty places out there. In fact, I think most places don't even take the time to pretty up unless they're an authentic/high-end place.
Even delivery at least has a certain mouth watering look to it. Heck, Little Caesars charges five bucks and it still looks kind of pretty even if it has the trademark cardboard flavor.

Granted, I haven't been to any place REALLY bad, but chains at least still keep up appearances.

I've been to at least one restaurant connected to someone's house that had really cheap homemade tasting pizza as well, and it still at least had the appearance of a typical decent-ingrediented pizza.

Then again, maybe it's less that those pizzas are PRETTY and more that whatever is underneath there visually looks suspect even by comparison.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If you're going by "because clone logic", that really doesn't explain why people voted for who is basically "DK with Swag" over her.

At least with Cranky it's people coming to their senses and developing good taste most likely due to people seeing more potential in him than in Dixie.
So entertain us. What do you see in Cranky Kong that you don't see in Dixie Kong as far as being playable in Smash is concerned?

I'd be okay with either one, but still, it's not like there's some kind of turf war between the two characters bands of supporters.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So entertain us. What do you see in Cranky Kong that you don't see in Dixie Kong as far as being playable in Smash is concerned?

I'd be okay with either one, but still.....
Well, Dixie in DKCR is essentially just a slightly better version of Diddy

She'd totally just be a diddy clone

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just found out a nicer looking background layout for my :4drmario: sprite sheet.

Hopefully I can show off my next update soon.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, Dixie in DKCR is essentially just a slightly better version of Diddy

She'd totally just be a diddy clone
Yeah, and what about Cranky? I know that Nintendo's known for being able to make movesets for characters we may not expect, but what can Cranky Kong do?

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not asking because of bias, I just never played many Donkey Kong games.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, and what about Cranky? I know that Nintendo's known for being able to make movesets for characters we may not expect, but what can Cranky Kong do?

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not asking because of bias, I just never played many Donkey Kong games.
Cranky's using the tried and true "Scrooge McDuck" style which has been used and perfected over the years through generations of different characters. Like fine wine

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I just saw the Kolin reveal trailer for SFV.

She's a poor man's Kula as someone put it :laugh: :dazwa:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also a poor man's Millia (Guilty Gear). The fact that Woshige, a well known JP Millia, is the battle director of SFV only adds to the hilarity.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, who let the Class A militaristic American patriot that hates Trump and "fake medication" aboard the train?

The world may never know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno.

I think Kolin is my favorite character since F.A.N.G. I'm really digging her.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Why yes, I can understand Cranky since he's been playable for the first time in years and he would be a funny elderly fighter with his cane. Plus being the OG DK.

But with Funky, It's hard to really understand what my followers see him him over Dixie. One in particular said that he's more familiar with him than her because of Mario Kart, proving that he's not a big DK fan himself. Same fan also believes she would be a clone. Who knows, the others just find him cool or can't see what's appealing Beyond Dixie's ponytail. Just an observation.

I don't think you can really explain why many would choose Tingle or even Lana over Impa, who's been taking care of Zelda for almost the entire franchise. I'm convinced the Tingle votes are just to incite reactions (even Fal admits it) than genuinely liking his quirky character or games. Half of my followers are anime fans, so they probably find her cuter and more unique than Impa. Minds was always the case of being Link's most popular sidekick with Twilight Princesa nostalgia. I have no issues with that, except she's a one shot character with an Amiibo.

Ok, who let the Class A militaristic American patriot that hates Trump and "fake medication" aboard the train?

The world may never know.
Just a crazy liberal. Nothing more.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why yes, I can understand Cranky since he's been playable for the first time in years and he would be a funny elderly fighter with his cane. Plus being the OG DK.

But with Funky, It's hard to really understand what my followers see him him over Dixie. One in particular said that he's more familiar with him than her because of Mario Kart, proving that he's not a big DK fan himself. Same fan also believes she would be a clone. Who knows, the others just find him cool or can't see what's appealing Beyond Dixie's ponytail. Just an observation.

I don't think you can really explain why many would choose Tingle or even Lana over Impa, who's been taking care of Zelda for almost the entire franchise. I'm convinced the Tingle votes are just to incite reactions (even Fal admits it) than genuinely liking his quirky character or games. Half of my followers are anime fans, so they probably find her cuter and more unique than Impa. Minds was always the case of being Link's most popular sidekick with Twilight Princesa nostalgia. I have no issues with that, except she's a one shot character with an Amiibo.

Just a crazy liberal. Nothing more.
And this is where you messed up, never let weebs that didn't have enough exposure to these Nintendo franchises vote. Just the idea of a mere spinoff character beating Impa in the first place is laughable. Because what, she's cute and have blue hair? Characters shouldn't be wanted in Smash for reasons like that. Then we would have wound up with the likes of Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening or The Last Story's Syrenne.

Also, you had to use the "l" word.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Impa's not an old or fat woman once and suddenly she's the most viable character ever

D

Deleted member

I'd be okay with either one, but still.....
I see potential for Smash's first "Old Master" archetype with a fighting style that resembles Kung Fu (or would it be....Kong Fu? :awesome:) mixed with using his cane as his primary weapon.
Sound familiar?

The idea of Cranky being a martial artist badass isn't that out there, considering the GBA remake of DKC3 featured a minigame called "Cranky's Dojo" where he trains himself.

Granted, it was where you had to use a shield to block projectiles coming your way rather than use epic fighting skills, but still.

There's also techniques like the Cane Bounce (which is not unlike Scrooge McDuck's pogo bounce in the Ducktales game) and the Denture Popgun (though he fires dentures from his cane instead of an actual popgun), as well as possible throwbacks to the retro Donkey Kong games considering he's supposed to be the original Donkey Kong. There's also the idea of him being a potions master, based on his role in DK64, but that will probably be passed over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I still don't understand how people think Dixie doesn't have anything interesting she could bring to Smash when she has a giant ponytail that could easily be used for her attacks.

I would be shocked if Sakurai never thought of the idea of Dixie fighting with her hair, it should be obvious, but everyone just assumes she'd be nothing more than a Diddy clone.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I see potential for Smash's first "Old Master" archetype with a fighting style that resembles Kung Fu (or would it be....Kong Fu? :awesome:) mixed with using his cane as his primary weapon.
Sound familiar?

The idea of Cranky being a martial artist badass isn't that out there, considering the GBA remake of DKC3 featured a minigame called "Cranky's Dojo" where he trains himself.

Granted, it was where you had to use a shield to block projectiles coming your way rather than use epic fighting skills, but still.

There's also techniques like the Cane Bounce (which is not unlike Scrooge McDuck's pogo bounce in the Ducktales game) and the Dentue Popgun (he fires dentures from his cane instead of an actual popgun), as well as possible throwbacks to the retro Donkey Kong games considering he's supposed to be the original Donkey Kong. There's also the idea of him being a potions master, based on his role in DK64, but that will probably be passed over.
Basically
Dixie = Millia (Guilty Gear)
Cranky = Rolento (Street Fighter)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And this is where you messed up, never let weebs that didn't have enough exposure to these Nintendo franchises vote. Just the idea of a mere spinoff character beating Impa in the first place is laughable. Because what, she's cute and have blue hair? Characters shouldn't be wanted in Smash for reasons like that. Then we would have wound up with the likes of Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening or The Last Story's Syrenne.

Also, you had to use the "l" word.
Careful not to use the word "weeb" when you clearly have an anime-esque avatar above your head. That makes you look like a bloody hypocrite. It's not my fault that my friends are mostly PlayStation and PC gamers. Cut them some slack, not even a younger audience grew up with the DKC games like we did. They like anime and so what, maybe they just don't see Impa all that appealing.

Because that's what he is. How can one be a navy seal that works for the CIA and call citizens ****tards like that on a public train. Even the story about his lover being a 9/11 victim wasn't believable.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just saw the Kolin trailer.
I was expecting her to have more ice based normals, like Iceman in the MvC series.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Careful not to use the word "weeb" when you clearly have an anime-esque avatar above your head. That makes you look like a bloody hypocrite. It's not my fault that my friends are mostly PlayStation and PC gamers. Cut them some slack, not even a younger audience grew up with the DKC games like we did. They like anime and so what, maybe they just don't see Impa all that appealing.

Because that's what he is. How can one be a navy seal that works for the CIA and call citizens ****tards like that on a public train. Even the story about his lover being a 9/11 victim wasn't believable.
Many anime fans use "weeaboo" ironically and unironically. Even one of your new friends clearly refer himself as a weeb. That's what they are. Still doesn't justify wanting a mere spinoff character (Lana) over someone who's been in the franchise since the first game (Impa). I bet they would vote for somebody like Camilla just because of her torpedos if you tackle Fire Emblem.

Why vote when you aren't a big Zelda or Donkey Kong fan to begin with? It's baffling, even for a primarily PC and PlayStation gamer.

The less we talk about that "navy seal", the better. We probably won't see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom