• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I still don't understand how people think Dixie doesn't have anything interesting she could bring to Smash when she has a giant ponytail that could easily be used for her attacks.

I would be shocked if Sakurai never thought of the idea of Dixie fighting with her hair, it should be obvious, but everyone just assumes she'd be nothing more than a Diddy clone.
JHer hair, bubblegum, and an electric guitar. Sakurai surely can make an awesome moveset with that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Many anime fans use "weeaboo" ironically and unironically. Even one of your new friends clearly refer himself as a weeb. That's what they are. Still doesn't justify wanting a mere spinoff character (Lana) over someone who's been in the franchise since the first game (Impa). I bet they would vote for somebody like Camilla just because of her torpedos if you tackle Fire Emblem.

Why vote when you aren't a big Zelda or Donkey Kong fan to begin with? It's baffling, even for a primarily PC and PlayStation gamer.

The less we talk about that "navy seal", the better. We probably won't see him again.
Still doesn't justify stereotyping and throwing the words around like you "aren't one".

So what if they find the character attractive. It's not like it's the Smash Ballot where Sakurai would literally put the kawaii mage in Smash over Impa. It's just a fun little series of polls. Chill down Anger.

D

Deleted member

JHer hair, bubblegum, and an electric guitar. Sakurai surely can make an awesome moveset with that.
"Bubblegum and electric guitar" are poor attempts to give her something to use.

That's like saying Diddy should juggle and use his boombox for moves.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it's slowly sinking in that I'm going to be playing BotW in three weeks.

And honestly? I think I'm starting to crave it a bit.

That's a good sign. When you can feel in your heart of hearts "Yes, this is the game that I feel like playing next."

It's interesting coming into this with a unique perspective. Everywhere I go, there seems to be a chorus of "Look at the Zelda! Look at the Princess Mononoke!"

See. . .I'm not cultured enough for that, LOL. I just watched the gameplay at E3 out of boredom and got impressed with all the stuff you could do. The game has a certain. . .flow to the gameplay that just feels right watching it. It's like someone realized every stupid thing I like to do when I'm goofing off or trying to feel clever in video games and decided to base an entire game's mechanics around it. And the artstyle is vibrant enough to get me to pay attention long enough to see it.

As far as I'm aware reading other people discuss it, a ton of the stuff that BotW does that interests me is specific to it in particular instead of Zelda in general. So I'm a very odd example of someone going into it Day 1.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

There's no proof Einstein said that quote.
Neither did Miyazaki saying "Anime was a mistake". Sure he criticized modern anime for being otaku bait, but not to the point of saying it's a mistake.

Nothing more than a misleading meme.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Neither did Miyazaki saying "Anime was a mistake". Sure he criticized modern anime for being otaku bait, but not to the point of saying it's a mistake.

Nothing more than a misleading meme.
So it's like this, then?

*EDIT* Wait, forgot the italics. Hang on a sec. This probably isn't funny but I should at least get the attempt right. *EDIT B* Got it. Now we have a proper misleading meme. And yes, it's Comic Sans on purpose.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So it's like this, then?

*EDIT* Wait, forgot the italics. Hang on a sec. This probably isn't funny but I should at least get the attempt right.
Yes. It is exactly like that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

There's no proof Einstein said that quote.
I did heard of that quote before. Otherwise Wiki Quote is your friend, it's misattributed.
He also did say:
I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, now we're doing fake quotes?

Also, minor use of language, but it's PG-13.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He's just cool and his game was what breathed new life into the franchise so he holds a special place in many Japanese players hearts.
Maybe I can add my 2 cents here.

Just like everyone else I became a fan of Roy through Melee when I just thought of him as the cool dude with the Fire Sword that can kick anyone's ass with the Neutral B (wasn't a competitive player or new anything about competitive Smash at the time lol).

Playing Roy's game only furthered my love for the character. Even more so the scenes towards the end of the game and the banter with him and Zephiel. They're almost like two polar opposites and seeing Roy's optimism clash with Zephiel's cynicism was my favorite part of the last chapter (minus the secret chapters of FE6)

And speaking of that chapter the scene where Roy barges in to Zephiel's throne room is one of my favorites. He goes in like a boss, kills all of his underlings, and then this quote happens.

"I have faith in humanity! I will not lose to to a man who has lost faith in people and even in himself!"

Gives me the chills everytime man.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"I have faith in humanity! I will not lose to to a man who has lost faith in people and even in himself!"
Admittedly.

That's a pretty cool line.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bomber Man has another new game called Bomber Girl.

And yes, it's real and Konami has officially lost it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tried the For Honor beta and that's gonna be a huge pass from me.

Can't get into the gameplay at all. It's so slow and clunky. Even switching targets is a chore because the right stick is dedicated to positioning your weapon for attack/defence when locked on.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I am at a loss for words...

Chrono.

Tried the For Honor beta and that's gonna be a huge pass from me.

Can't get into the gameplay at all. It's so slow and clunky. Even switching targets is a chore because the right stick is dedicated to positioning your weapon for attack/defence when locked on.

Well that's disappointing. Wasn't expecting much in the first place but I was hoping it'd be a neat little game I could get later.
Got to get that fresh weeb money somehow.
From people with Senran Kagura themed profiles I bet.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
From people with Senran Kagura themed profiles I bet.
That's cold, even colder than the new Street Fighter character.

But he was really asking for it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least we get a normal Bomberman game as well.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Welp..... here comes my reaction (I can tone it down a bit if needbe):

OH GOD, NOT THE ANIME, PLEASE NOT THE ANIME, WHY DOES THIS EXIST, IT SHOULDN'T EXIST FOR REASONS BEYOND IT BEING ANIME, THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SCHEME TO GET MONEY, PLZ HELP.

Rant over. :p

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I don't know about you guys, but this concept just seems so hilarious and dumb that I can't even hate it. I mean, I'm just laughing so much at it and and I can't tell if me laughing at it is bad or good. All I'm really think of it is "Still probably better than Bomberman Act Zero. I mean, at least you can tell it's Bomberman."
At least we get a normal Bomberman game as well.
That's probably the other reason I'm not mad at it. Cause we have a normal Bomberman game coming out as well.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't know about you guys, but this concept just seems so hilarious and dumb that I can't even hate it. I mean, I'm just laughing so much at it and and I can't tell if me laughing at it is bad or good. All I'm really think of it is "Still probably better than Bomberman Act Zero. I mean, at least you can tell it's Bomberman."
This is basically my thoughts on it.

On another note, it seems to be arcade exclusive (for now anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom