• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anyone plays Overwatch and had experience of unable to join friend or spectate? That's what happen to me and oddly just my brother... We just played a whole ago...

D

Deleted member

Every FEW interview makes me even more glad I went for Fate/Extella
@Shishœ
Hope you have catch up to Made In Abyss episode 6...
I saw Chibi review he thinks that Marulk is probably a trap since Reg ask her if she is a girl... it explains a lot why they gave her a slightly more mature voice though
I still can't tell after well... I read the manga Marulk saved Reg and Riko she was punished to hang naked just like how Riko did back in the orphanage and a short info chapter 16.5 of vol 2 shows Marulk hang naked but I still can't tell since Marulk's private spot was block by Reg who looks blushed and said "irredeemable!"... and Japanese Wikipedia the sort of play it safe when mentioning Marulk's gender, they only mention Marulk did use male nouns to introduction, so it's a confirm but non canon that Marulk is a he.
The anime really portray Ozen very well compare to the manga, not only her voice but her expression is just lit.
I just can't wait for the next episode where thing's gonna get real... or not...
He's definitely a guy though, his voice, use of pronouns and reaction to Riko all confirm it.
And if he wasn't, Reg wouldn't have brought it up
The twins originally were considered to wield an axe (Rowan) and a lance (Lianna), but due to the Weapon's triangle, they figured it'd be best to have them use swords to ease players into the mechanic
I SWEAR TO ****ING GOD KOEI HOW STUPID ARE YOU
-Characters can only use one weapon, they can't switch at all.
Called it
-As some expected, Lucina was one of the characters Nintendo and IS insisted on being playable. The reasons why they weren't on board with her originally was because she was a child character and she wielded a sword, it got to the point where the team had to ask Nintendo/IS if she should be included and if they didn't push for her she may very well have been excluded.
Koei makes better decisions than IS, it seems
Also, rip in pocket dimensions any of the children
-There are more Awakening characters coming
How about no?
Chrom and Robin called "Each other's half." dats kinda ghey
"Kinda"
Swamp confirmed to not have played Awakening
The developers commented on that one girl from the Nintendo E3 preview that really liked Xander. They laughed.
She wants his magical horse D

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He's definitely a guy though, his voice, use of pronouns and reaction to Riko all confirm it.
And if he wasn't, Reg wouldn't have brought it up
Agree and like I said,
He end up hanged naked as a punishment like Riko later onward... But unlike Riko he had his privat part covered up by Reg's head... Which is fishy.
And I can't wait to see more grimy expressions from Ozen. Not gonna spoil what's gonna next.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another FE: Warriors developers interview came out, and this one had some nice details about the background of the game.

-The twins originally were considered to wield an axe (Rowan) and a lance (Lianna), but due to the Weapon's triangle, they figured it'd be best to have them use swords to ease players into the mechanic.
-Characters can only use one weapon, they can't switch at all.
-As some expected, Lucina was one of the characters Nintendo and IS insisted on being playable. The reasons why they weren't on board with her originally was because she was a child character and she wielded a sword, it got to the point where the team had to ask Nintendo/IS if she should be included and if they didn't push for her she may very well have been excluded.
-Based on the child comment, it sounds like the developers weren't sure if to use the children either as if Lucina wasn't playable, they would've been completely ignored. Lucina being in does allow for the rest to come in, but it doesn't seem like they'd be a priority and we probably wouldn't get too many as a result.
-They split the character choices into four categories: S were characters that would be strange to be ignored (ex. Robin), A were characters that were plot important (ex. Lissa), B are for those who are strong or have fond memories (not sure what they mean by this, popularity perhaps?), and C were for characters that would be OK to add. Due to large amount of characters in S and A, B had a very limited number of additions. However, considering they didn't mention anything about C, I imagine that means we'll probably get at least one Agitha-type character in the game.
-When picking characters, there were a lack of Axe wielding characters, so Frederick and Lissa were given Axes to help balance the roster.
-Magic is not included in the Weapons Triangle, the same likely holds true for Stones and Bows.
-There are more Awakening characters coming, along with Fates and Shadow Dragon.

Also, it's been confirmed that there are monsters in the game, more then likely serving as our Risen or Terrors.

It's good to see it back and it does make sense he'd use it since it probably requires less stamina then Blue, I wonder who he's using it on.
- In a way I KIND OF get the whole "ease into the triangle with swords" thing. A lot of the time the first enemies you face in these games are axe-wielding bandits or pirates. Starting with the weapon that beats these makes the transition slightly easier.
Only slightly though.

- I believe they've said this already. It explains why Robin's Levin Sword, Chrom's Javelin, Lucina's Bow, Lissa's Staff, and Corrin's Dragonstone are incorporated into their movesets despite wielding tomes/swords/axes.

- Now this is a very telling comment. If they needed pressure from IS to include LUCINA of all people due to concerns over story reasons or playstyle reasons, maybe the roster isn't as predictable as we thought. It also cements in my mind that we may be at the end of our sword wielders. Minus maybe Caeda in case they ignore the Wing Spear again, their aversion to swords at this point seems too strong for me to say otherwise.

- This also makes sense. Main Characters, Plot Important Characters, Fan Favorites, "Other Allowed Picks We Got Permission For." So far we have Marth, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin in Group S, Lissa, Frederick, Xander, and Ryoma in Group A, and Cordelia in Group B. This gives me more hope for certain characters.

- I thought this would be the case. Most axe wielders don't tend to be main characters save for rare exceptions. This is even more true for the three games they're using. Excluding Lissa and Frederick, there's Camilla and...that's about it. Vaike and Barst are only so popular, and Cherche has the popularity and Minerva has the importance, but Camilla may make them redundant. If anything this just further confirms we're getting Camilla. Though holy **** if they skip over Camilla like they almost did for Lucina and opt for Cherche and/or Minerva I'd laugh because **** my predictions.

- Figured this.

- This reignites my hopes for Virion, especially since they're hinting at a 35ish character roster. Prediction time. We have twelve now, so here are 23 more.

Shadow Dragon: Tiki, Caeda, Jagen, Camus, Merric, Linde, MAYBE Minerva, Draug, Gharnef
Awakening: Tharja, Virion, MAYBE Cherche, Panne, MAYBE Basilio, Validar
Fates: Azura, Takumi, Camilla, Leo, Sakura, MAYBE Hinoka, Elise, Garon

I actually don't think most of these are happening, as thirty five seems almost too good to be true. I'd have guessed five to six Shadow Dragon, two to three Awakening, three to six Fates, but if the hint that there could be 35 is accurate, I could see it being like this.

That being said I still think it's dumb people are being salty over Rowan and Lianna because muh Hector/Ike. The triangle reasoning makes at least some sense for the reason I mentioned. Yeah, I wish they'd have gone axe/lance, but it is what it is. People who are saying the game is dead for it are the biggest babies, I swear. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently the extended theme for "Totally Spies" was extremely inappropriate for the shows actual target audience...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I guess the only characters I can kind of hope for of the ones I want at this point are Jeorge, Tiki, Camus, Takumi, and Leo.

If they're super stuck for axe users and feel like pleasing little ol' me, they might give me Rinkah. She has a slight bit of plot importance and would be very unique since she could also incorporate scrolls into her moveset, as well as fire abilities. I think they'd sooner pick Gunter there, though.

Also, I get the feeling Arthur will also be chosen as this game's Agitha. Plus, he has some plot importance too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main problem with FEW is how much of a ****ing deal they're making the Weapon Triangle to be.
The only game it even has any real significance is Heroes, every other game is just a -/+1 damage and +10/15 hit/avoid, it was never a incredibly important mechanic but everytime, IS and others deal with it like it's the Type Matchups in Pokemon.

If they didn't have this stupid forced RPS in a Warriors game, we could have gotten more variety.

As a fyi, the only thing we know the WT does in FEW is a slight damage boost/reduction and the ability to hit nearby enemies with the Finishing Moves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My main problem with FEW is how much of a ****ing deal they're making the Weapon Triangle to be.
The only game it even has any real significance is Heroes, every other game is just a -/+1 damage and +10/15 hit/avoid, it was never a incredibly important mechanic but everytime, IS and others deal with it like it's the Type Matchups in Pokemon.

If they didn't have this stupid forced RPS in a Warriors game, we could have gotten more variety.

As a fyi, the only thing we know the WT does in FEW is a slight damage boost/reduction and the ability to hit nearby enemies with the Finishing Moves.

I dunno.

I think I got saved multiple times because of those small percentages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I thought I also heard it allows you to get Finishing Moves in on Captains, when you otherwise can't. Which would make it very important here (though also an undesirable mechanic).

Also it's not uncommon for Warriors games to have Weapon Triangle-esque mechanics. Even Hyrule Warriors had elemental weaknesses.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno.

I think I got saved multiple times because of those small percentages.
It's RNG, that small percent MAY save you but most of the time it's trivial.
Dual Weapons were the one thing you'd always want because the doubled effects meant a lot
I thought I also heard it allows you to get Finishing Moves in on Captains, when you otherwise can't. Which would make it very important here (though also an undesirable mechanic).

Also it's not uncommon for Warriors games to have Weapon Triangle-esque mechanics. Even Hyrule Warriors had elemental weaknesses.
HW's roster didn't suffer to make it fit the Elemental Weaknesses(at least in the base roster, there's a lot of Darkness and Light elements comparef to the rest)

We could have had Axe and Lance Lords but the tactical RPS forced for a different result

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*enters a tf2 pub*
"My **** is as furry as a grown hamster."
*leaves tf2 pub*

Sometimes you have to escape to live another day.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
-The twins originally were considered to wield an axe (Rowan) and a lance (Lianna), but due to the Weapon's triangle, they figured it'd be best to have them use swords to ease players into the mechanic.
Oh my goodness Koei. Please don't **** it up by swarming the roster with swordsmen. My interest is starting to degrade now.

And for that matter, don't **** up DW9 either.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
praline praline why is the Splatoon trying to keep us apart ;;
  • Chrom and Robin called "Each other's half." dats kinda ghey
So my yaoi for them in canon now, perfect

Every FEW interview makes me even more glad I went for Fate/Extella

idk man, 40 characters comparirs to whatever you game has seems good to me

Last edited:

Chrono.

Started watching the original Yugioh subbed last night.

The first season is hilarious, you can tell the rules of the actual card game weren't established yet because they do whatever the **** they want. It honestly makes me care less about the duels, luckily I know things normalize by the Battle City arc.

Aside from that, I was surprised to see the Heart of the Cards wasn't just something added in the dub.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From what I'm hearing from some early inpressions of MSR is how well the 3D function is implemented in the game...Based off of the downloadable trailer on the 3ds eshop it definitely looks nice as well (still not sure if I'll actually be playing for extended periods of time with the 3D on though)...

I'm starting to notice something with Metroid and its implementation of features on Nintendo consoles...

Metroid Samus Returns and the 3D function on the 3DS...

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and its use of pointer controls on the Wii...

Suddenly I'm becoming more anxious for Prime 4 when it comes on the Switch and how it will implement the Joy-con and possibly the HD Rumble...

D

Deleted member

praline praline why is the Splatoon trying to keep us apart ;;

So my yaoi for them in canon now, perfect

idk man, 40 characters comparirs to whatever you game has seems good to me
It's not like a bigger roster equals better character selection(I'm not even gonna bother with gameplay because I know FEW will play even better than HW)
In some cases, it helps because it means you can get a more diverse selection that's more than just the main cast.

But... FEW doesn't take advantage of that, only three(four if you count MotE) games are represented, not even 1/4 of the whole franchise. Comparing that to Fate/Extella:
-5 F/Stay Night Servants
-5 F/EXTRA Servants
-2 F/Apocrypha Servants
-1 F/Zero Servant
-1 F/EXTRA CCC Servant
-1 F/Extella Servant
-1 F/Grand Order

It hits most of the franchise, only having nothing from Strange Fake, Prototype(for obvious reasons) and the magical girl spin-off which I don't think even has any original Servants.
Note that this is technically an EXTRA game, not a crossover.
Also to note is that most of these have appeare ces other than their original ones such as Gilgamesh and Artoria in Zero, the EXTRA Servants in CCC for obvious reasons and basically everyone in F/GO because that's canon Gacha hell

FEW is gonna have a ~35 character roster where there's, like, 5 characters from SD at most amd the rest is all Awakening and Fates
Started watching the original Yugioh subbed last night.

The first season is hilarious, you can tell the rules of the actual card game weren't established yet because they do whatever the **** they want. It honestly makes me care less about the duels, luckily I know things normalize by the Battle City arc.

Aside from that, I was surprised to see the Heart of the Cards wasn't just something added in the dub.
I'm still so mad about that fight against the guy with the Darkness Deck. Not just the convoluted and nonsensical way Yugi uses to win but the fact that hiding your field makes no sense when your opponent NEEDS to see your cards to make sure you ain't cheating.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's not like a bigger roster equals better character selection(I'm not even gonna bother with gameplay because I know FEW will play even better than HW)
In some cases, it helps because it means you can get a more diverse selection that's more than just the main cast.

But... FEW doesn't take advantage of that, only three(four if you count MotE) games are represented, not even 1/4 of the whole franchise. Comparing that to Fate/Extella:
-5 F/Stay Night Servants
-5 F/EXTRA Servants
-2 F/Apocrypha Servants
-1 F/Zero Servant
-1 F/EXTRA CCC Servant
-1 F/Extella Servant
-1 F/Grand Order

It hits most of the franchise, only having nothing from Strange Fake, Prototype(for obvious reasons) and the magical girl spin-off which I don't think even has any original Servants.
Note that this is technically an EXTRA game, not a crossover.
Also to note is that most of these have appeare ces other than their original ones such as Gilgamesh and Artoria in Zero, the EXTRA Servants in CCC for obvious reasons and basically everyone in F/GO because that's canon Gacha hell

FEW is gonna have a ~35 character roster where there's, like, 5 characters from SD at most amd the rest is all Awakening and Fates

I'm still so mad about that fight against the guy with the Darkness Deck. Not just the convoluted and nonsensical way Yugi uses to win but the fact that hiding your field makes no sense when your opponent NEEDS to see your cards to make sure you ain't cheating.

seeing how I started with fates and half my fav characters are from there, Im good with that

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
From what I'm hearing from some early inpressions of MSR is how well the 3D function is implemented in the game...Based off of the downloadable trailer on the 3ds eshop it definitely looks nice as well (still not sure if I'll actually be playing for extended periods of time with the 3D on though)...

I'm starting to notice something with Metroid and its implementation of features on Nintendo consoles...

Suddenly I'm becoming more anxious for Prime 4 when it comes on the Switch and how it will implement the Joy-con and possibly the HD Rumble...
Welcome to the wonderful world of "all modern Nintendo games"

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welcome to the wonderful world of "all modern Nintendo games"
My point was that a lot of people seem to think that these Metroid games are some of the best examples of these functions...

Corruption was said to be one of the best uses of motion controls while MSR is being considered one of the best implementation of the 3D function on the 3DS...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Eh, I'm not too worried. I think Nintendo know how much Prime 4 need to success due to people reaction and the fanbase. So they probably do something "cute" with the joystick and all that, but not the whole game on it. I mean, the good 3D in MSR is just that: some nice 3D effect, it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. And Prime 3 was on the Wii, the console where almost everything needed to have motion control, and for the actual gameplay, the game played just fine! Heck, the Wiimote + Nunchuk was so good that they rereleased PM1 and Echoes with those same control, and they worked just fine too. So, I think there is nothing to fear for now. (The only Metroid Wii game with "bad" control was Other M, and even then, it' because Sakamoto didn't want the nunchuk to be with the Wiimote for "nostalgia" purpose.)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Eh, I'm not too worried. I think Nintendo know how much Prime 4 need to success due to people reaction and the fanbase. So they probably do something "cute" with the joystick and all that, but not the whole game on it. I mean, the good 3D in MSR is just that: some nice 3D effect, it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. And Prime 3 was on the Wii, the console where almost everything needed to have motion control, and for the actual gameplay, the game played just fine! Heck, the Wiimote + Nunchuk was so good that they rereleased PM1 and Echoes with those same control, and they worked just fine too. So, I think there is nothing to fear for now. (The only Metroid Wii game with "bad" control was Other M, and even then, it' because Sakamoto didn't want the nunchuk to be with the Wiimote for "nostalgia" purpose.)
I wasn't expressing worry...I'm looking forward to how its going to be implemented in Prime 4...

And given how Nintendo's handling things on the Switch (looking at games like Arms) whatever control scheme they come up with will likely be optional instead of forced...heck the 3D function was always an optional feature on the 3DS from the beginning so its not going to be a hinderance if it bothers me anyway...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wasn't expressing worry...I'm looking forward to how its going to be implemented in Prime 4...

And given how Nintendo's handling things on the Switch (looking at games like Arms) whatever control scheme they come up with will likely be optional instead of forced...heck the 3D function was always an optional feature on the 3DS from the beginning so its not going to be a hinderance if it bothers me anyway...
Oh, sorry then, I saw "anxious" in your post and I thought that you were worried about Switch control in Prime 4. So I wanted to reassure you on that, but I am glad you are OK then.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not necessarily convinced the core gameplay of FE Warriors will be better than Hyrule Warriors yet.

Zelda has a much more diverse cast of characters to work with when it comes to abilities and weapons the characters use in their own series so, even if FE Warriors takes liberties like giving Frederick an axe and such, I don't see the playstyles being more diverse than Hyrule Warriors. Especially since you could change to different weapon types with some characters in Hyrule Warriors, which we apparently can't do in FE Warriors (though maybe "class changing" will be the equivalent).

And if you really can't use finishing moves without weapon advantage in FE Warriors, that's a huge downgrade from Hyrule Warriors in that regard (where finishing moves were initiated by evading an enemy's special or exploiting an opening with items and attacking back while they are open to deplete a gauge).

I'm hoping it has the same general level of polish and that they give it some unique modes or something to make up the difference, but it's not gonna have as much variety in playstyles based on the source material alone, which is a huge disadvantage to it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, sorry then, I saw "anxious" in your post and I thought that you were worried about Switch control in Prime 4. So I wanted to reassure you on that, but I am glad you are OK then.
Yeah...I was referring to the 'I WANT IT NOW!' definition of anxious...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah...I was referring to the 'I WANT IT NOW!' definition of anxious...
Oh yeah, that's pretty different indeed. :awesome:
Personally, I'm excited to see how Prime 4 is going to look, with it being on a HD console and the art style they are going to take with this one. Oh, the possibilty...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not necessarily convinced the core gameplay of FE Warriors will be better than Hyrule Warriors yet.

Zelda has a much more diverse cast of characters to work with when it comes to abilities and weapons the characters use in their own series so, even if FE Warriors takes liberties like giving Frederick an axe and such, I don't see the playstyles being more diverse than Hyrule Warriors. Especially since you could change to different weapon types with some characters in Hyrule Warriors, which we apparently can't do in FE Warriors (though maybe "class changing" will be the equivalent).

And if you really can't use finishing moves without weapon advantage in FE Warriors, that's a huge downgrade from Hyrule Warriors in that regard (where finishing moves were initiated by evading an enemy's special or exploiting an opening with items and attacking back while they are open to deplete a gauge).

I'm hoping it has the same general level of polish and that they give it some unique modes or something to make up the difference, but it's not gonna have as much variety in playstyles based on the source material alone, which is a huge disadvantage to it.
This is why we need a Warriors game based off of a Nintendo IP Sakurai's worked on. Good luck being less inspired than Zelda with that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw the first episode of the DuckTales reboot.

It was pretty darn good. The jokes were pretty funny, the new voice cast did a great job, and the animation itself was pretty good.

Gonna be keeping an eye on this one.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty sure I faces a team that had 2 people with auto targeting cheats on Splatoon 2. I swam to a spot slowly and when I stopped for a second both that were in my range turned directly to where I was and unloaded on my spot.

That was ****ing bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom