• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
LOL I've gotten two friend requests since I've started using the Brella. I guess you could say my username and weapon combo is. . .

Practically perfect in every way.
i got one too pfff I think Imma have to stick with ThotPatrol or maybe I should evolve into ThotSlayer

Last edited:

Chrono.

Curious spoiler for DB Super leaked.

Super Saiyan God is back.

Or is it Super Saiyan Red now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Looks better than blue imo

I never got the whole blue thing

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I guess people really don't care about Arms since no one has any opinions on GXP's video I posted about the potential new fighter coming...

Or how the new character at least from the picture could be some leafy bush monster....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I guess people really don't care about Arms since no one has any opinions on GXP's video I posted about the potential new fighter coming...

Or how the new character at least from the picture could be some leafy bush monster....
What they need to add to arms is a squid character with stretchy tentacles

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

And to think people thought there'd be a new transformation (there still might be something, they're really playing up Jiren's power, that'd it's even beyond SSJB)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I see a wild ThotPatrol in their natural habitat.

Maybe the game should have thot of putting us on the same team, LOL.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I see a wild ThotPatrol in their natural habitat.

Maybe the game should have thot of putting us on the same team, LOL.
its weird, when I go with Praline, he always seems to get on my team at leaste twice

But the Thot Patrol splatted some thots so mission accomplished:denzel:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I care.

I just can't think of much to say other then... plants.

Chrono.

I finished Yugioh GX. Still my favorite of the YGO shows, and now I can appreciate the final season more since I watched everything in one go.

Now to watch the original in subbed because it's, funnily enough, the one I'm kinda least familiar with.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra so Viz Media announced they have license that includes the 25-episode first season and the upcoming second season of Osomatsu san, should I be excited? how lucky am I to get a dub?
From what I've seen from Viz handling Sailor Moon, them picking Osomatsu is pretty good news because they may end dubbing the entire series like they did with SM. So yeah, you're lucky.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think the only songs I like from splatoon 2 are the Stores, Salmon run and splatfest and one of those only happen sometimes but the normal battle musics, Im sick is hearing

Edit: I also like some of the singleplayer songs
Off The Hook music are probably my favorites.
Especially their Splatfest music.
It is not I like every soundtrack in Splatoon 2,but there is really no music I am **** of hearing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
MOTHER****ING HELL YEAH

I mean yay, my Osomasu is my life
Now gimme some of your luck to see my old series localized here, I don't wanna burn 300 bux on imported DVDs. :004:

jk, I would happily burn $300.

*Caulifla touches Goku out of curiosity*
*She randomly absorbs some god ki*

One back tingle later:

:troll:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Another FE: Warriors developers interview came out, and this one had some nice details about the background of the game.

-The twins originally were considered to wield an axe (Rowan) and a lance (Lianna), but due to the Weapon's triangle, they figured it'd be best to have them use swords to ease players into the mechanic.
-Characters can only use one weapon, they can't switch at all.
-As some expected, Lucina was one of the characters Nintendo and IS insisted on being playable. The reasons why they weren't on board with her originally was because she was a child character and she wielded a sword, it got to the point where the team had to ask Nintendo/IS if she should be included and if they didn't push for her she may very well have been excluded.
-Based on the child comment, it sounds like the developers weren't sure if to use the children either as if Lucina wasn't playable, they would've been completely ignored. Lucina being in does allow for the rest to come in, but it doesn't seem like they'd be a priority and we probably wouldn't get too many as a result.
-They split the character choices into four categories: S were characters that would be strange to be ignored (ex. Robin), A were characters that were plot important (ex. Lissa), B are for those who are strong or have fond memories (not sure what they mean by this, popularity perhaps?), and C were for characters that would be OK to add. Due to large amount of characters in S and A, B had a very limited number of additions. However, considering they didn't mention anything about C, I imagine that means we'll probably get at least one Agitha-type character in the game.
-When picking characters, there were a lack of Axe wielding characters, so Frederick and Lissa were given Axes to help balance the roster.
-Magic is not included in the Weapons Triangle, the same likely holds true for Stones and Bows.
-There are more Awakening characters coming, along with Fates and Shadow Dragon.

Also, it's been confirmed that there are monsters in the game, more then likely serving as our Risen or Terrors.

It's good to see it back and it does make sense he'd use it since it probably requires less stamina then Blue, I wonder who he's using it on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another FE: Warriors developers interview came out, and this one had some nice details about the background of the game.

-The twins originally were considered to wield an axe (Rowan) and a lance (Lianna), but due to the Weapon's triangle, they figured it'd be best to have them use swords to ease players into the mechanic.
-As some expected, Lucina was one of the characters Nintendo and IS insisted on being playable. The reasons why they weren't on board with her originally was because she was a child character and she wielded a sword, it got to the point where the team had to ask Nintendo/IS if she should be included and if they didn't push for her she may very well have been excluded.
-Based on the child comment, it sounds like the developers weren't sure if to use the children either as if Lucina wasn't playable, they would've been completely ignored. Lucina being in does allow for the rest to come in, but it doesn't seem like they'd be a priority and we probably wouldn't get too many as a result.
-They split the character choices into four categories: S were characters that would be strange to be ignored (ex. Robin), A were characters that were plot important (ex. Lissa), B are for those who are strong or have fond memories (not sure what they mean by this, popularity perhaps?), and C were for characters that would be OK to add. Due to large amount of characters in S and A, B had a very limited number of additions. However, considering they didn't mention anything about C, I imagine that means we'll probably get at least one Agitha-type character in the game.
-When picking characters, there were a lack of Axe wielding characters, so Frederick and Lissa were given Axes to help balance the roster.
-Magic is not included in the Weapons Triangle, the same likely holds true for Stones and Bows.
-There are more Awakening characters coming, along with Fates and Shadow Dragon.

Also, it's been confirmed that there are monsters in the game, more then likely serving as our Risen or Terrors.

It's good to see it back and it does make sense he'd use it since it probably requires less stamina then Blue, I wonder who he's using it on.
How does swords ease you into the mechanic more than any other weapon in the triangle. It's a triangle. you can start from any corner

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't let Gwen see this.

Chrono.

The twins wielding different weapons would've been perfect smh.

This game still looks alright but wow they keep taking missteps with every new bit of info.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Still on the fence about Fire Emblem Warriors. On one hand it's great that Fire Emblem is getting even more exposure. It's great. On the other hand a lot of the fans of Fire Emblem are getting shafted. At least in the base game, no telling on DLC. Seriously, there are nine games in between Shadow Dragon and Awakening/Fates, and Gaiden even just got a remake. Yet they insist on only using those 3 games. Is it unfathomable to believe that some old school fans are fans of other games than Shadow Dragon? Is it beyond reason to believe that some of those other 9 Fire Emblem games may have picked up a few fans?

It's even dumber that they used the excuse of 'too many swords' and then throw in, like 7 sword users on the front cover. They could have used Hector, or Ephraim, or hell maybe even Greil. Yet they didn't sooooooo.

I really hope it's just a corporate decision and we'll get other games through DLC but... I dunno. It ain't looking good.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still on the fence about Fire Emblem Warriors. On one hand it's great that Fire Emblem is getting even more exposure. It's great. On the other hand a lot of the fans of Fire Emblem are getting shafted. At least in the base game, no telling on DLC. Seriously, there are nine games in between Shadow Dragon and Awakening/Fates, and Gaiden even just got a remake. Yet they insist on only using those 3 games. Is it unfathomable to believe that some old school fans are fans of other games than Shadow Dragon? Is it beyond reason to believe that some of those other 9 Fire Emblem games may have picked up a few fans?

It's even dumber that they used the excuse of 'too many swords' and then throw in, like 7 sword users on the front cover. They could have used Hector, or Ephraim, or hell maybe even Greil. Yet they didn't sooooooo.

I really hope it's just a corporate decision and we'll get other games through DLC but... I dunno. It ain't looking good.
Reading the interview...

It seems they're really doing their best here.

Sounds like they chose three games so they could get everyone they could from those games. I mean, at first they weren't going include LUCINA (but Nintendo and IS stepped in there).

That said...

Some notes from the interview...

• It sounds like we're getting about 40 characters which is a lot, wow. Apparently E3 where (Rowan, Liana, Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma) were shown was almost 20 percent of the characters. 7x5 is 35.
  • Chrom and Robin called "Each other's half." dats kinda ghey
  • The developers commented on that one girl from the Nintendo E3 preview that really liked Xander. They laughed.
  • Chrom was the first one made as there were already models for him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ran into the first shiny I've seen in a long time

Shiny Gloom

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

Characters like Ephraim and Hector haven't been relevant in years (Aside from FE Heroes). Why would they be front cover worthy characters?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Top 10 Brutal Anime Battles

The legs on those suits look painfuly separated.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
How does swords ease you into the mechanic more than any other weapon in the triangle. It's a triangle. you can start from any corner

Your guess is as good as mine there, I honestly think keeping the lance and axe would've done the job just as well since it's not a difficult system to pick up and you could actually use Lianna's weakness to her brother's axe to ease in the player. Plus, if they're hurting for axes, giving Rowan one would've helped balance things so it kind of comes across as strange that they'd decide against it, particularly since they mention again that they're trying to avoid overrepresenting swords on the roster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I hate fandom speculation channels. They made the most random connections to things.

Like, and I'm going to be speaking hyperbolic, "What if Brock is Ash's father from the future?" and then the comment section is like "OMG wow! I never made that connection, you are a genius!"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Add Ike to FE Warriors, but to make him "unique"; remove his sword and make him beat the **** of his enemies with his own fists. :4ryu:

flex

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say though.

If we do getcha ices like the Awakening choices so far, we are in for a treat. Now all of them are safe but they make sense.

Frederick might be my favorite though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I found a way to cheat the system. If I go to a place where only one pokemon spawns, eventually one of them is going to be a shiny

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think it was around these days that I started my hunt for a Shiny Steelix in HeartGold two years ago. I caught like 40 steel sneks in the process.

Those were the times, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom