• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@mario123007
Oh yeah, about Seven Deadly Sins manga
Tbh, I'd actually be rooting for the Demons if it wasn't for the fact Escanor is part of the Good Guys.
I mean, ****, they technically aren't guilty of anything, Meliodas was a **** who betrayed them for Elizabeth and the Angels are the ones who started a war, they have more than enough reason to want revenge.

But **** me, Escanor is where my loyalty lies and that fight with Estarossa just shows that you either praise the ****ing sun or get your ass kicked
none really unless you count me laughing by so hard are start crying. there is a part in Magi that made me go "aw...poor guy" and "damn thats brutal" but not cry
Im an emotionless robot so none

Classes are done for the summer, Im on world 6 of Kirby Robobot and 6 of Blaster Master

My backlog may be able to get reasonable by the end of the month. . .
Happy that im enjoying Robobot. Only took alomst 10 years for me to enjoy a second Kirby game. Ninja is way more fun than I expected BTW
*me, having an emotional breakdown*
You: "lol emotions lol"
The season 2 finale of the original Teen Titans got to me pretty hard.

And of course anything that involves a dog dying will completely crush me.
Anything related to Terra always ****ed me up as a kid. Poor kid couldn't catch a break from all the suffering.

At this point, a dog dying is the tragedy equivalent to horror's jumpscares.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, I was rewatching a scene from one of my favorite shows and it made me have this idea for a topic:
What is the one scene, in any form of media, that has made you completely break down in tears? And I'm not talking about just some crying, I'm talking about that scene that breaks your spirit with it and doesn't leave you alone even though you watched/read it a long time ago.

Nah, I was just scrolling through the Character page on TV Tropes when he, Sasuke and Rule 63 Human Sonic showed up.

Though I do plan on catching up with the manga after this season ends as there's no way I'm waiting until Spring 2018 in the most optimistic scenario.

I don't think anything has broken me THAT badly, I tend to make a point to actively give media that might do that a wide berth.

If it just boils down to making me break down every time I get to it, though. . .Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It doesn't matter if the characters are shallow, it doesn't even matter if I already know it's coming from a past playthrough, the pacing of the game is wired -just so- to slowly hook me into the plot and leave me a sobbing wreck by the end.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Teen Titans is returning!

sort of...

This does feel like a test though.
It won't mean anything. You won't be able to find it.

Because all that will still be airing at all times, all days, every single second will be Teen Titans Go.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So, I was rewatching a scene from one of my favorite shows and it made me have this idea for a topic:
What is the one scene, in any form of media, that has made you completely break down in tears? And I'm not talking about just some crying, I'm talking about that scene that breaks your spirit with it and doesn't leave you alone even though you watched/read it a long time ago.
I don't have too many scenes that I can recall that really broke me down in tears. The one moment I can definitely remember something related to that would be two certain scenes in Clannad After Story...

When Nagisa dies. Damn what a powerful and really sad scene that was. The music, the flashbacks, and Tomoya's grief during it really got to me. Strangely enough, I didn't cry when I watched that scene despite feeling ready to weep. That scene did leave me feeling emotionally empty, a kind of emptiness that one feels following grief.

Another scene that left me with a similar feeling was when Tomoya hugged his daughter for the first time while they were in the flower fields looking for her toy robot. Quite a powerful scene since it's the first time he displays genuine affection for her as a father.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Anything related to Terra always ****ed me up as a kid. Poor kid couldn't catch a break from all the suffering.
Agreed.
At this point, a dog dying is the tragedy equivalent to horror's jumpscares.
That may be true, but goddamn does it completely crush every time it happens.
May I recommend watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? :p
I've seen it and I know exactly what you're talking about.

It was legit impressive how easy they made me hate Dio. Not just with the dog, but everything else he does.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Remember how Capcom is apparently remaking Resident Evil 2?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

However, Capcom does not.

This makes Fisher a sad panda.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

There's more than one scene for me.

Persona 3's ending.
Cortana's "death" in Halo 4 (even with the knowledge that she comes back in Halo 5 because Brian Reed is a hack).
The endings to the main story of the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
No scenes from anything have ever made me cry.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh my emotional breakdowns are just from real life not media.

Media just isnt sad enough compared to real life :')
mediaisnt what make me wanna kill myself, Insave that for my depression. other then that I just go "damn" when a character in an anime dies.

Danny frim Jo i was different because I have an emotional attachment to doggos

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm very confused with Capcom's condition with the Switch.

They stated USF2 exceeded expectations and we're getting Resident Evil 1+2 but yet no localized Monster Hunter and these "tests"

Spill the beans!

Chrono.

Remember how Capcom is apparently remaking Resident Evil 2?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

However, Capcom does not.

This makes Fisher a sad panda.
At least RE has 7 which is like the best game Capcom has put out in years.
Wow, Capcom REALLY doesn't want to develop for the Switch, do they?
Not to mention the Megaman Legacy Collection 2 missing out on Switch for some bizarre reason, as well as the Disney one with Ducktales remastered.
I thought that only USF2 needed to be a success before they developp more games on the Switch.

Something fishy is going on here.:4drmario:
USF2 sold extremely well too apparently.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Jojo drinking game
Every time a dog dies, take a shot

I wouldn't be surprised if this outsold World
It would be a sad day for Capcom if a port of a 3DS game beat out what they're expecting to be their big seller for the quarter (IIRC, they're expecting 4-5 million WW by Q12018's end) in Japan.

Wow, Capcom REALLY doesn't want to develop for the Switch, do they?
It seems more like they're moving goalpost because they got caught off-guard by its current success and have nothing to capitalize on it yet. They only have a couple ports in the work for the new system and investors are going to look at that and say 'what the hell are you guys doing?', so they're playing up those ports as 'tests' to make it sound like they have something planned for the system, but it's more that they're just working with what little they have at the moment.

Honestly, considering how popular MH is in Japan along with the Switch's current performance I could see pretty good sales from it and they'll start producing more ports games, but we'll see come this Fall.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At least RE has 7 which is like the best game Capcom has put out in years.

Not to mention the Megaman Legacy Collection 2 missing out on Switch for some bizarre reason, as well as the Disney one with Ducktales remastered.

USF2 sold extremely well too apparently.
That's why I'm confused. USF2 was a success, so why they need more games to be succeful? I tell ya, there is something we don't know behind the scenes. Or Capcom really doesn't want to make games on Switch if they can't make alot of money out of them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It would be a sad day for Capcom if a port of a 3DS game beat out what they're expecting to be their big seller for the quarter (IIRC, they're expecting 4-5 million WW by Q12018's end) in Japan.

It seems more like they're moving goalpost because they got caught off-guard by its current success and have nothing to capitalize on it yet. They only have a couple ports in the work for the new system and investors are going to look at that and say 'what the hell are you guys doing?', so they're playing up those ports as 'tests' to make it sound like they have something planned for the system, but it's more that they're just working with what little they have at the moment.

Honestly, considering how popular MH is in Japan along with the Switch's current performance I could see pretty good sales from it, but we'll see how that goes.
Lmao they're in for a very rude awakening. I doubt it gets past 2 million, especially since the series only took off thanks to portability.

D

Deleted member

To answer my own question, the scene I was talking about is
When Kiritsugu, completely broken down, desperate to save at least one person, finds Shirou.

Even after each loss he suffered, the guy kept going on, but what finally breaks him is seeing that his last attempt to save someone ended up killing more people.
Yet after all that he still clings to his need to save someone, even if just one person, because he coukdn't accept that all of his killing had been for naught.
And when he finally does find someone, his tears are a mix of sadness and happiness, only saying "Thank you!" repeatedly, "as if he had saved himself".

And it's not just that scene alone, but in F/SN, you can see how this one event shaped who Shirou is.
The whole context Shirou gives to it makes it that much more impactful, he doesn't know why he was the one to survive, and his complete lack of desire or passion for anything comes from having experienced that but seeing Kiritsugu so happy for saving someone meant that "it must feel really good to help others".

And finally, Archer mentions how he has no memory of his life, except that. Kiritsugu saving him is the one thing he can remember.

Basically, it's not just for how tragic it is, or for how sad it is to see Kiritsugu breaking down only to see a glimpse of happiness, nor is it for how it destroyed Shirou's soul and put him on the path to become a Hero of Justice. But for all of those things and everything it impacts.

I guess it isn't just because it's tragic with everyone dying and whatnot, but also because there's some sort of hope and positivism in it, despite all the **** that went down.

Just having suffering isn't enough, you need some happy notes to make it truly tragic.
That may be true, but goddamn does it completely crush every time it happens.
I mean, yeah, just like with jumpscares they're: done to death and you know they're coming but it still hits you full on with it
Jojo drinking game
Every time a dog dies, take a sh
I'm gonna report you for trying to make everyone in this thread to commit auicide

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Nah, I was just scrolling through the Character page on TV Tropes when he, Sasuke and Rule 63 Human Sonic showed up.

Though I do plan on catching up with the manga after this season ends as there's no way I'm waiting until Spring 2018 in the most optimistic scenario.

Lilo and Stitch. The movie's about a broken family that keeps getting more trouble that they didn't deserve while trying to cope yet keeps breaking more and more, with one member being a child, the other seemingly have to throw away her future to be a parental figure

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
To answer my own question, the scene I was talking about is
When Kiritsugu, completely broken down, desperate to save at least one person, finds Shirou.

Even after each loss he suffered, the guy kept going on, but what finally breaks him is seeing that his last attempt to save someone ended up killing more people.
Yet after all that he still clings to his need to save someone, even if just one person, because he coukdn't accept that all of his killing had been for naught.
And when he finally does find someone, his tears are a mix of sadness and happiness, only saying "Thank you!" repeatedly, "as if he had saved himself".

And it's not just that scene alone, but in F/SN, you can see how this one event shaped who Shirou is.
The whole context Shirou gives to it makes it that much more impactful, he doesn't know why he was the one to survive, and his complete lack of desire or passion for anything comes from having experienced that but seeing Kiritsugu so happy for saving someone meant that "it must feel really good to help others".

And finally, Archer mentions how he has no memory of his life, except that. Kiritsugu saving him is the one thing he can remember.

Basically, it's not just for how tragic it is, or for how sad it is to see Kiritsugu breaking down only to see a glimpse of happiness, nor is it for how it destroyed Shirou's soul and put him on the path to become a Hero of Justice. But for all of those things and everything it impacts.

I guess it isn't just because it's tragic with everyone dying and whatnot, but also because there's some sort of hope and positivism in it, despite all the **** that went down.

Just having suffering isn't enough, you need some happy notes to make it truly tragic.

I mean, yeah, just like with jumpscares they're: done to death and you know they're coming but it still hits you full on with it

I'm gonna report you for trying to make everyone in this thread to commit auicide

lets get WWE superstar brennan williams answer to this question brennan?

Edit they say **** at least once so minor language warning

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Capcom please....

Switch owners are thirsty for more games, especially NEW games, especially NEW Monster Hunter, Street Fighter and Resident Evil games...

(and Megaman)

Stop being that guy...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Actually I decided to put @Kurri The Phantom ★ as a party member. I tried basing it off your avy for the switch but if you have a better shot of your mii that would be stellar.
is this the party im in by any chance because for reasons you will understand, Id rather be with Coricus

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yes sorry. I'd have put Coricus but she ignored me twice so I'm on to someone else.
ah darn, oh well, Guess ill have to make do then. btw,bhow am I as a princess? you are kicking ass as a warrior in my game.

And right as I say that, you got sick and have to stay at the hotel

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
ah darn, oh well, Guess ill have to make do then. btw,bhow am I as a princess? you are kicking *** as a warrior in my game.

And right as I say that, you got sick and have to stay at the hotel
You're alright. You're more useful then I was in the second area as an imp.

Also because I'm so indecisive I turned Kurri back into Coricus.

I just made a random mii until she gives me one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Going to start playing Persona 4 again while I watch anime to kill my backlog. going to suck doing all this grinding though

im like 6 levels below what is recommended by others to beat the boss, but they are actually good at the game. RIP

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel really guilty about not checking in and giving Praline my Mii when they were here. I didn't realize I'd be needed for anything, so I went off to read things on other websites and forgot to check in for a few hours. I really hope this doesn't end up ruining our friendship, I feel awful about the whole thing. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom