• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If there was any hope of Rayman being in Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, it's confirmed he will not be in the game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario...ds-kingdom-battle-ubisoft-on-raymans-absense/

It seems Rayman was considered at one point, but they decided against it.

It's pretty disappointing but I can't get too mad at it. I just hope we get to see the Limbless Wonder in a new game sooner rather than later.
Well that kinda sucks, but it's not like Rayman and the Rabbids have had much crossover within the past few years anyways. Like they said, they're basically two different franchises now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If there was any hope of Rayman being in Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, it's confirmed he will not be in the game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario...ds-kingdom-battle-ubisoft-on-raymans-absense/

It seems Rayman was considered at one point, but they decided against it.

It's pretty disappointing but I can't get too mad at it. I just hope we get to see the Limbless Wonder in a new game sooner rather than later.
I don't really get why they brought up "Rabbids are a blank canvas" in response to Rayman being brought up. Rayman's universe is just as much of a blank canvas so it's not like he wouldn't work for a cameo or something.

I mean I wasn't expecting him but they could have just said "we just wanted to make something with the Rabbids", and left it at that.

D

Deleted member

Well that kinda sucks, but it's not like Rayman and the Rabbids have had much crossover within the past few years anyways. Like they said, they're basically two different franchises now.
That'd be like excluding DK from a Mario crossover because they are two different franchises now.
Yeah, they never show up in each others' games but their root is still the same.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice artwork of the bad guys (and Spawny).

Also, Jr. has a hammer that's part Bullet Bill and part moo box. Okay...

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of that Rayman Kingdom Battle thing, what would you people want for Rayman stages in Smash? I want Candy Chateau from 1, and a stage like The Precipice from 2. I don't care much for Origins and Legends, but I kinda want a stage from those simply because of the artstyle.

---

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have nearly every form of every pokemon, the exception being the hatted pikachus which I don't care about and unown

I heard you can get unown in ORAS, but it's on a randomly appearing island that could take days or weeks to spawn. So I have to wait

I have the original hatted pikachu, none of the others matter to me

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of that Rayman Kingdom Battle thing, what would you people want for Rayman stages in Smash? I want Candy Chateau from 1, and a stage like The Precipice from 2. I don't care much for Origins and Legends, but I kinda want a stage from those simply because of the artstyle.

---
Band Land would be my number 1 pick for a stage.

If just for the music alone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tien: Mystic Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't beat him, but surely 1 blast from my Tribeam is enough!

(Vs SSJ3 Gotenks Super Buu)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I'd love to see more cameos/appearances by the various Mario cast, whether or not it's them turned into a Rabbid or a counterpart like Rabbid Peach is.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tien: Mystic Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't beat him, but surely 1 blast from my Tribeam is enough!

(Vs SSJ3 Gotenks Super Buu)
Tien doesn't care about power levels.

Language Warning; it is censored by bleeps, but still :p

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Boy. Baseball season hasn't been very fun to follow except for the Dodgers this year.

Aside from that, all I have to keep me running until NFL comes back is Fire Emblem Fates.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I figured something out for Salmon Run. Your score DOES get lowered if you play with friends and lose, but if your score is below 40 in your rank and you stop playing it will go back up to 40 the next time Salmon Run opens.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Waluigi is the perfect character for a Rabbids crossover along with Wario.
It's a missed opportunity if those two aren't in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There seems to be this weird trend on social media to make pictures that don't move at all into videos

Is it just to take up more bandwidth?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

---
Any of the boss stages from Rayman Legends are already tailor made to be Smash stages.

I'd go with the medieval dragon one personally for it's rickety platform that tilts based on where the weight of characters is being applied. Plus it had one of the best tracks in the whole franchise.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

---
I forget it's exact name, but the art themed area from the First Rayman would be my pick. It's easily the coolest stage theme in the original since not many games have those themes for stages. Standing on erasers and having a sea of ink at the bottom of the stage.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Energy Gauge in Hey! Pikmin is absolutely useless.

I almost never get hit with Olimar and even then I still have enough health to finish the level.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In my playthrough so far of Hey! Pikmin, the level "The Lonely Tower" is my most favorite in the game.

You start off with no Pikmin, you don't get any until you reach the very top of the tall tower, then finally work your way back down the tower collecting more Pikmin and treasure.

Just flat out clever.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlCuZEn9e4

I need to say that this video done by Jirard/The Completionist is awesome. I not only respect him a lot as a person, but his reviews are very well done and I like his content (especially his Sonic 06 episode). It helps inspire me to never give up even when the going gets tough, really. Thought I'd share this video with you all, for both hardcore Completionist fans and also people that just wanna hear a nice talk related to determination.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If that were a splatfest I'd skip it since I hate both.
I would prefer Wendys... the Internet would go crazy if this happens.

I'm slightly surprised this hasn't been posted. Summer games are confirmed to make a return.
With some things added and refined:
- All previous summer games skins are going to return. (I'm definitely going to try to get that Tracer Union Jack skin)
- Junkrat, and Mercy are gonna get awesome legendary skins.
- No stuffs for Roadhog
- Even skins will be able to unlock with the credit system with normal currency cost this time around.
- Lucio ball is making a return, with changes like Lucio is unable to boop the ball off in the goal. His ult changes to him being able to jump high and boop a lot.
- Lucio ball is also going to get a new stage that is in Sydney Australia.
- There is going to be a competitive mode for Lucio ball.

If there's any news that is Olympic related...
Just yesterday it was decided that Paris and Los Angeles are going to be the host city for 2024 and 2028 summer Olympic games respectively since they were the only two candidate cities for 2024. It was a slightly expected early this year when Budapest dropped out for the candidate.
This marks after Pyongyang 2018 Winter Olympic Games, the next for summer and winter Olympics will be hosted by the cities that have hosted the Olympic games at least once. 2022 Olympic Winter Games oddly enough is going to be hosted by Beijing...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If anyone's up for it that has me added on the Switch I can play Salmon Run for a bit...

Just got off of work...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I need to say that this video done by Jirard/The Completionist is awesome. I not only respect him a lot as a person, but his reviews are very well done and I like his content (especially his Sonic 06 episode). It helps inspire me to never give up even when the going gets tough, really. Thought I'd share this video with you all, for both hardcore Completionist fans and also people that just wanna hear a nice talk related to determination.
I used to be really big into The Completionist, but kinda started watching him less and less after the whole falling out with Greg thing. Partly because the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth (Jirard really didn't handle it well the first time), and partly because the show had an extremely noticeable dip in quality after Greg left (not necessarily just because Greg's style of humour was gone, but also because Jirard's own points became less and less fleshed out and it felt like he was trying to become an AVGN wannabe).

But I'll give him props for this. I stopped following the intricacies of the drama that happened after a while, so I'm not gonna take a side on that front. Greg isn't necessarily evil for asking for the videos to be taken down, as there are plenty of good reasons he could have for that, and while him not responding to Jirard's response is sketchy, there could be more to that yet. But I know Jirard's decision here is a tough one to come to, and I respect him for shedding a bit more light on what happened. When he first announced Greg was leaving the channel a couple of years ago, he made it obvious something personal had happened between them, but he didn't give any details at all, ultimately resulting in what was a very unprofessional handling of the situation, followed by a vague promise of "don't worry guys this will still be the same show you know and love" when it really wasn't.

...though I'm not sure if redoing all 120 games is gonna be healthy for him, and honestly, given the way his videos have been lately, I probably won't be watching it myself. But it's bold move and I respect him for even considering it. And it's nice of him to give fans time to make copies of the old versions of the episodes before they get taken down.

This has kinda discouraged me from trying to get into YouTube though, as I had been thinking about it lately.

Chrono.

I only got into his videos last month, I had no clue about Greg or whatever had happened. But I enjoy his content a lot now and will continue to support him.

Redoing all those episodes though. Absolute madman indeed.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow Splatoon 2 is great to me for some reason. I said a while back that I still hate the brush... that is until I tried the octobrush, and suddenly this time around I love it. Then I got the tri-slosher and it might be my favorite. My only complaint is that I'm in constant need of money because of ordering gear from fellow players and off splatnet lol. Going to have to start picking and choosing which weapons to buy for a while... Although I do wonder if I'll suddenly enjoy chargers now too. :psycho: So much to buy... Need to start checking if friends are playing more often, help motivate me to grind through matches to get coins.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I only got into his videos last month, I had no clue about Greg or whatever had happened. But I enjoy his content a lot now and will continue to support him.

Redoing all those episodes though. Absolute madman indeed.
He also repost this video on his personal channel, but with more infos.
I wish him good luck.
Wow Splatoon 2 is great to me for some reason. I said a while back that I still hate the brush... that is until I tried the octobrush, and suddenly this time around I love it. Then I got the tri-slosher and it might be my favorite. My only complaint is that I'm in constant need of money because of ordering gear from fellow players and off splatnet lol. Going to have to start picking and choosing which weapons to buy for a while... Although I do wonder if I'll suddenly enjoy chargers now too. :psycho: So much to buy... Need to start checking if friends are playing more often, help motivate me to grind through matches to get coins.
I found myself letting my brother to play Splatoon 2 on my own Switch and using my own account. He is desperately trying to get a Splatoon 2 bundle. I haven't play Splatoon for a day or so, I am going to return playing when I think I have free time.

At first I wanted to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but after I played Splatfest, I am just hooked to this game even though I kind of sucked at the game (Of course). Please aware I have never owned Splatoon 1 and never really grind into the game. My brother is more experience of me when it comes to pairing gears and weapons, but I am sure will know that once I delve in more into this game.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What's your friend code dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom