• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Minako from P3P is canon in terms of like the MC gender for P3 you mean? That's an interesting opinion. It doesn't really make sense though, considering Minato stars in far more adaptations of P3.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Minako from P3P is canon in terms of like the MC gender for P3 you mean? That's an interesting opinion. It doesn't really make sense though, considering Minato stars in far more adaptations of P3.
I personaly dont find her canon at all. Shes more of a "Lets gender bend Minato for one game" type of deal but in most cases, when Yu, Akira and Minato and theolder Persona protags are shown together, people ask " Wheres Minako, they forgot her"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Gonna point this out:

Minato is dancing in the spot where he died lmao

One step closer to a Persona 3 remake.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Gonna point this out:

Minato is dancing in the spot where he died lmao

One step closer to a Persona 3 remake.

so legit my first response to this was
man the new corpse party looks GREAT

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fate/Grand Order. A game about Heroes, Monsters and concepts based on their histories and formed into their strongest attacks. And yet in the game where their most strongest attacks are based on their most known weapon or moment in history, the Knight of the Lake uses a Gatling Gun on the enemy for his. It's rather awesome!

Oh, about that new poll, how about a poll on which games from other systems we want ported to Switch? Cause I can think of a good lot that I want. *coughMonsterHunterWorldscough*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ well it took soem doing but i got thoes fine folks at atlus to make the second good Etrian odysse game
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/02/persona-q2-revealed-nintendo-3ds/
You misspelled "bad", don't worry we all make mistakes
Like when Atlus made Persona Q
Fate/Grand Order. A game about Heroes, Monsters and concepts based on their histories and formed into their strongest attacks. And yet in the game where their most strongest attacks are based on their most known weapon or moment in history, the Knight of the Lake uses a Gatling Gun on the enemy for his. It's rather awesome!

Oh, about that new poll, how about a poll on which games from other systems we want ported to Switch? Cause I can think of a good lot that I want. *coughMonsterHunterWorldscough*
Saber Alter with a mop and a gun tho
I don't know if this is actually official, I just found it on Tumblr and hope it is

Ivander

Smash Legend
Saber Alter with a mop and a gun tho
I don't know if this is actually official, I just found it on Tumblr and hope it is

It is. It's one of the costumes/event characters for the Summer Event. That being said, it's not her first time. You should know or know soon if you're watching Carnival Phantasm. Also, Lancer is precious and Lancer episode is best episode.
But fanservice aside, I was trying to be ironic. Sure, Heroes in swimwear or maid outfits is one thing. It's another when you have a very famous knight using a Gatling Gun for his Ultimate Attack in a game where the Ultimate attack of a mythical hero or monster is either based on a very famous part in their life, their most known achievement or their most known weapon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Persona QQ some more for me please
What?
It is. It's one of the costumes/event characters for the Summer Event. That being said, it's not her first time. You should know or know soon if you're watching Carnival Phantasm. Also, Lancer is precious and Lancer episode is best episode.
But fanservice aside, I was trying to be ironic. Sure, Heroes in swimwear or maid outfits is one thing. It's another when you have a very famous knight using a Gatling Gun for his Ultimate Attack in a game where the Ultimate attack of a mythical hero or monster is either based on a very famous part in their life, their most known achievement or their most known weapon.
B-but Saber Alter with a gun! A GUN!

And I mean, if the Knight of the Lake is who I think it is
Then that NP is a nice reference to Fate/Zero

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was at a friend of mine and I brought my Wii U (Ballsy move considering I had work beforehand) and we wanted to play Brawl, to which a different friend said "You can't play Wii games on the Wii U". That guy has owned a Wii U since the system's launch year. And he went on THAT long without knowing you could go to the Wii Menu to play Wii games. I have never seen someone that embarrassed in my life

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Full scans for FE: Warriors are out, no new characters and not too much information outside of elaborating on a few details:
-Fe!Robin isn't playable in the story mode as expected, she's only in the extra ones, which lends to the strong possibility she's just an alt (will Male Corrin get his chance?)
-Characters that retreat in Classic Mode can still appear in the story, but they can't be deployed in battle. Essentially, it's like how if Marcus got KO'd in Blazing Blade, he'd be present for dialogue, but otherwise unusable.
-You can tweak the AI and give out orders.

What's the most interesting though is that one of the scans show the convoy and you can see the weapon types (it's the picture below Lianna). In it, we see Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Tomes, and Stones in that order. Curiously, there isn't an icon for daggers and there doesn't seem to be an arrow or something of the sort showing that more weapon types are available. So if that's the case, then dagger-exclusive users may very well not be in the game, which hurts the case for those like Kaze who exclusively use those weapon types.

Another thing is that since there's a separate icon for stones, Tiki may not be the only stone user in the game. So we could get at least one more and it's just a question of whether it'd be a dragon (Bantu, Nowi, Nah, or Medeus/Grima if they want final bosses) or a Beast (Panne, Kaden, Keaton or their children).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Full scans for FE: Warriors are out, no new characters and not too much information outside of elaborating on a few details:
-Fe!Robin isn't playable in the story mode as expected, she's only in the extra ones, which lends to the strong possibility she's just an alt (will Male Corrin get his chance?)
-Characters that retreat in Classic Mode can still appear in the story, but they can't be deployed in battle. Essentially, it's like how if Marcus got KO'd in Blazing Blade, he'd be present for dialogue, but otherwise unusable.

What's the most interesting though is that one of the scans show the convoy and you can see the weapon types (it's the picture below Lianna). In it, we see Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Tomes, and Stones in that order. Curiously, there isn't an icon for daggers and there doesn't seem to be an arrow or something of the sort showing that more weapon types are available. So if that's the case, then dagger-exclusive users may very well not be in the game, which hurts the case for those like Kaze who exclusively use those weapon types.

Another thing is that since there's a separate icon for stones, Tiki may not be the only stone user in the game. So we could get at least one more and it's just a question of whether it'd be a dragon (Bantu, Nowi, Nah, or Medeus/Grima if they want final bosses) or a Beast (Panne, Kaden, Keaton or their children).
Well, technically Corrin is part stone user and characters can class change, although if there were more than two stone users I'd be thrilled.

I can't see it being Grima though, considering the. . .logistical issues. Grima is an example of one of those flashy 3DS era bosses that's just completely broken on every conceivable level while managing to pull off bodily being an entire level in the process.

D

Deleted member

I have never seen someone that embarrassed in my life
Then ya need to buy a mirror.
A very flat one
QQ as in Alt+QQ. as in The hot key to quit the game but I use it in the way of crying eyes
You kids and your references get weirder every day

I just hope that if there are any Thiefs/Assassins in the game, that they don't go the Awakening route and give them normal-sized swords
Just make them get magically turned into daggers like in the GBA games

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then ya need to buy a mirror.
A very flat one

You kids and your references get weirder every day

I just hope that if there are any Thiefs/Assassins in the game, that they don't go the Awakening route and give them normal-sized swords
Just make them get magically turned into daggers like in the GBA games

Flat is justice, meaning I am the world's symbol of peace and justice!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

RIP Felicia.

That could also mean no Gaius. I know he used swords in Awakening, but Fates and Heroes basically retconned that once Dagger became its own class. I figured he could have had a shot since Cordelia got in, and Chrom/Cordelia/Gaius/Tharja made up the Awakening Popularity Quartet. I guess not though.

Virion is the only other Awakening character I need. Please IS/KT.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think characters like Felicia and such are necessarily ruled out since Lissa usually uses a staff, so they can just do something creative with those characters like how Lissa uses an axe. Felicia's main role was as a healer anyway (until you got a Flame Shuriken, then she became more versatile).

Or maybe they'll make some "miscellaneous" characters that don't fit on the weapon triangle and get a unique weapon or something.

Also, Kaze could use a sword upon promotion. Saizo was also promoted by default if I'm remembering correctly, thus could use swords from the get go. He was not, it turns out.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't think characters like Felicia and such are necessarily ruled out since Lissa usually uses a staff, so they can just do something creative with those characters like how Lissa uses an axe. Felicia's main role was as a healer anyway (until you got a Flame Shuriken, then she became more versatile).

Or maybe they'll make some "miscellaneous" characters that don't fit on the weapon triangle and get a unique weapon or something.

Also, Kaze could use a sword upon promotion. Saizo was also promoted by default if I'm remembering correctly, thus could use swords from the get go.
come to think of it, Jakob could also be a mounted class now that you say that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lissa just proves there are no Staves, otherwise she'd get one.
Felicia and Jakob don't have any other weapons avaible to them unless you reclass them, which at this point would make them unrecognizable as their default options are Strategist, Merc for Felicia and Cav for Jakob.

Lissa could promote to the Awakening-exclusive class War Cleric so there was a base to her using an Axe
I doubt that, as they should have Bows, Tomes and Dragonstones, which unless the latter replaces Daggers for a Fates-like WT, these three are already neutral weapons

Unless they do put Dragonstones in the Dagger's place... only to make Daggers neutral.
Also, Kaze could use a sword upon promotion. Saizo was also promoted by default if I'm remembering correctly, thus could use swords from the get go.
Saizo starts unpromoted in all routes.

And swords aren't exactly in extreme need, it'd be a terrible move to make the Ninja sword-users when they already expressed concern about too many Swords. If they were in, we would have a dagger icon.

Also, sidenote: I'm pretty sure there are, like, only two enemy Master Ninja who ever use a sword.
Kotaro in Birthright with a Kodachi and a generic in C25 with a Practice Katana he never uses because he also has a normal shuriken.
Maybe Rev has some others, I dunno, I didn't play it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lissa just proves there are no Staves, otherwise she'd get one.
Felicia and Jakob don't have any other weapons avaible to them unless you reclass them, which at this point would make them unrecognizable as their default options are Strategist, Merc for Felicia and Cav for Jakob.
I don't see that being an issue. Just give them their iconic Maid/Butler outfits as their default outfits, and let them use whatever weapon for whatever class they want them to play like.

I doubt that, as they should have Bows, Tomes and Dragonstones, which unless the latter replaces Daggers for a Fates-like WT, these three are already neutral weapons

Unless they do put Dragonstones in the Dagger's place... only to make Daggers neutral.
We don't know whether or not bows, tomes, and dragonstones fit onto the weapon triangle in this game though (tomes likely will since they always have, though).

Dragonstones are not part of it in Fates while daggers and bows are, but the reverse is true in FE Heroes, so those could go either way at this point.

Also, sidenote: I'm pretty sure there are, like, only two enemy Master Ninja who ever use a sword.
Kotaro in Birthright with a Kodachi and a generic in C25 with a Practice Katana he never uses because he also has a normal shuriken.
All Master Ninja can use swords though, making them a viable option for characters like Kaze and Saizo, just like how you said Lissa uses an axe because she promotes to a War Cleric.

I mean personally, I don't give two hoots whether or not characters outside of lords are using their "default" weapon type from their original game (main lords usually have an iconic sacred weapon so of course they should use that by default). Fire Emblem is about customisation anyway, and we know a degree of it will be in Warriors anyway (reclassing is confirmed). And we've already seen something more outrageous with Faye in FE Heroes, who is an archer in that game despite it being literally impossible to make her one in Echoes. That already shows they're willing to give characters weapons that aren't from their default class if it ends up diversifying gameplay.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's ****ing hard to enjoy Splatoon 2 when I get like 20% less turf covered as the opponent team. This last match on Humpback Pump Track I painted the whole outside and when it ended it was even greener than before I sprayed it...

D

Deleted member

Nintendo realized that Mario taking control of any lifeform he want was actually way too dark for them and thus, they had to change the rating.:yeahboi:

Seriously though, I really don't know. But let me tell you, this make me even more excited for this game.

Now if I had a switch...:sadsheep:
I know that feeling. My hope is to buy a Switch sometimes next month.

I am thinking I will get Breath of the Wild and Super Bomberman R. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can wait since I put in around 80 hours on the Wii U game and Splatoon 2 does not have split screen local multi-player and I have no plans to save up for a second Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is next.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We don't know whether or not bows, tomes, and dragonstones fit onto the weapon triangle in this game though (tomes likely will since they always have, though).
Tomes have only been on the standard weapon triangle in two games (Fates and Heroes). Far more common for them to just go neutral against physical weapons, but in several games they do have a "Trinity of Magic" where fire beats wind, wind beats thunder, thunder beats fire, etc. In Warriors, it depends; I can see them including them on the weapon triangle as they are in Heroes (so that fire beats axes and wind magic, and so on), but they could also follow FE11/12/13 and just make them exist outside of any weapon triangle. As for bows and stones, yeah, they could really go either way, but I think they're more likely to fall outside the weapon triangle, myself.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's ****ing hard to enjoy Splatoon 2 when I get like 20% less turf covered as the opponent team. This last match on Humpback Pump Track I painted the whole outside and when it ended it was even greener than before I sprayed it...
Today has felt way rougher than most of the other days I've been on. I can't tell if I'm just irritable or if all the players that are better than me decided to get on all at once.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Are you kidding me? Do I actually have to let the genie go? He says he'll let me have all the gold back but if I suck him back into the lamp I can just get it anyways. Why would I in any world not just suck him up, this is stupid.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, technically Corrin is part stone user and characters can class change, although if there were more than two stone users I'd be thrilled.

I can't see it being Grima though, considering the. . .logistical issues. Grima is an example of one of those flashy 3DS era bosses that's just completely broken on every conceivable level while managing to pull off bodily being an entire level in the process.
Technically yes, but it seems like they're treating secondary weapons as a part of the base moveset of the character, so even though she turns into a dragon she's still primarily a sword user and classed as such. Also, with dragon (and beast) classes you can't reclass into them unless you are a dragon by default or parentage, so even if reclassing allows for the use of other weapon types only Tiki and Corrin at best would be able to use stones out of the current cast and that's still very limited for a weapon type.

As for Grima, I was thinking they'd take a more spoilerish route with him whereas he'd balance out stones and magic and only pull out the big form for special moves, but I could see that being an issue. Ultimately, Medeus would be much more practical if they had to have a big bad dragon as a playable character, but Grima is an option if they are willing to tweak him to work.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tomes have only been on the standard weapon triangle in two games (Fates and Heroes). Far more common for them to just go neutral against physical weapons, but in several games they do have a "Trinity of Magic" where fire beats wind, wind beats thunder, thunder beats fire, etc. In Warriors, it depends; I can see them including them on the weapon triangle as they are in Heroes (so that fire beats axes and wind magic, and so on), but they could also follow FE11/12/13 and just make them exist outside of any weapon triangle. As for bows and stones, yeah, they could really go either way, but I think they're more likely to fall outside the weapon triangle, myself.
The Trinity of Magic was what I was thinking of. I think they'll just put them on the triangle in this game to simplify it since they're usually on some sort of triangle, whether it's just effective towards other types of magic or accounts for physical weapons too.

I wouldn't mind if they were just neutral though since I personally don't like how they're handling the weapon triangle in this game.

D

Deleted member

I don't see that being an issue. Just give them their iconic Maid/Butler outfits as their default outfits, and let them use whatever weapon for whatever class they want them to play like.
That'd just destroy any need to actually be accurate to the games
"Oh, let's take Takumi and make him a lance unit, just keep the original outfit"
Lissa can naturally promote into a War Cleric, whose only attacking weapon is an Axe.
You need to reclass Felicia and Jakob for them to have a different weapon other than Daggers.

And "reclassing=/=promotion"

Dragonstones are not part of it in Fates while daggers and bows are, but the reverse is true in FE Heroes, so those could go either way at this point.
That's why it wouldn't make sense to have daggers as miscellaneous as either:
-Dragonstones are replacing them.
-Dragonstones are neutral.
In the first case it wouldn't make sense to have Daggers be replaced in the WT while in the second it wouldn't make sense to have another hidden category when there are other neutral weapons.

And as Moydow said, magic has only ever been part of the main WT in Fates, Jugdral, GBA and Tellius each had their own Magic Trinity.
Which then would just make it confusing to lump them all together.
And we've already seen something more outrageous with Faye in FE Heroes, who is an archer in that game despite it being literally impossible to make her one in Echoes.
Different games, different cases. Faye was made an Archer due to them not wanting weapon overlay.
The lack of Daggers is the literal opposite.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That'd just destroy any need to actually be accurate to the games
"Oh, let's take Takumi and make him a lance unit, just keep the original outfit"
Lissa can naturally promote into a War Cleric, whose only attacking weapon is an Axe.
You need to reclass Felicia and Jakob for them to have a different weapon other than Daggers.

And "reclassing=/=promotion"
You say that as a joke, but as far as we've been told, making Takumi a lance user should be possible if he's in the game since reclassing will be a thing.

But also, Takumi's Fujin Yumi is more integral to his character than say, Felicia's daggers. According to Takumi, the Fujin Yumi is literally the reason he's even good at archery, and he can't aim properly without it (his supports with his son Kiragi reveal this in case you want to know where that info is from). Takumi has actual character development tied to it. So not only is it just designed to aesthetically fit with him, he has character development tied to it, just like characters like Marth have to their sacred blades.

But Felicia just uses daggers for the sake of it, arguably just to fill out the dagger users in Fates. Nothing about her as a character is inherently tied to the fact she uses daggers. Her main character trait is being clumsy, which could see creative use with another weapon type if need be, especially in a game as animated as FE Warriors will be compared to a regular FE game.

Also, we know that some characters aren't limited to using one weapon at a time. Corrin is being billed as a sword user, but still has moves where she turns into a dragon, which means she's also technically using a dragonstone, even when her main weapon is the Yato. We've also seen that Robin can use a Levin Sword and a tome at the same time. So for characters like Felicia and Kaze, they could just use another weapon like a sword or something to fit on the weapon triangle, but still have most of their moves revolve around daggers.

It's still a little unclear as to how reclassing will actually work in this game, but we do know for a fact that characters with the same weapon and the same movement class don't have the same moveset. We've mostly seen sword users in action so far, but they play completely differently. And that they can have other secondary weapons incorporated into their moveset if need be. That's why I don't rule out characters like Felicia and Kaze completely. I don't think they're very likely (just by virtue of the fact that I'm positive the Fates cast will just be the Hoshidan/Nohrian royals, plus Azura and Corrin because they would be boring like that), but people are acting as if they would be impossible to incorporate when they're not.

Different games, different cases. Faye was made an Archer due to them not wanting weapon overlay.
The lack of Daggers is the literal opposite.
That's besides the point. The point is that IS are willing to have characters use weapons in a crossover FE game that they normally can't use if it diversifies gameplay. They wouldn't have made Faye use a bow if the weapons she could use in Echoes were considered a key part of her character, or if they somehow felt having her use a bow before anything else was grossly misrepresenting her. So there is literally nothing stopping them from having characters in FE Warriors use something besides their default weapon in their original game if it diversifies gameplay and also allows more characters to fit into their weapon triangle system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom