• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Now that we know the leak wasn't be all end all, I'm significantly more hyped for the game.
So a highly disappointing leak that many feared would be absolute truth turned out to be somewhat accurate but inconclusive and not entirely reliable, and now the proof of such is getting people hyped about roster possibilities all over again?

Well, this feels familiar.

At least no one who was skeptical about it was getting harassed, right? ...Right?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So a highly disappointing leak that many feared would be absolute truth turned out to be inconclusive and not entirely reliable?

At least no one who was skeptical about it was getting harassed, right? ...Right?
We might get upset at ya being so snarky though.

Tone it down man.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
User was warned for this post for spam
So a highly disappointing leak that many feared would be absolute truth turned out to be somewhat accurate but inconclusive and not entirely reliable, and now the proof of such is getting people hyped about roster possibilities all over again?

owned

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Can we all just collectively pinky swear that we agree there's a point between "100% accurate leak with no leeway for change" and "completely false leak someone made up?" This is happening way too often and both sides get borderline fundamentalist.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
getting people hyped about roster possibilities all over again?
lol

I wouldn't say many people are getting hyped when there's still the DLC character stigma (Sigma and BP are in story but are DLC), Still loads of cuts (Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Trish, Amaterasu, Jill, Wesker, Tron, Felicia, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, MODOK, Taskmaster, Shuma-Gorath, all of the X-Men and F4) and some really, really poor PR among other things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spider-Man does look dope in MvCI at least. He's got some new moves. But I didn't see Maximum Spider yet. Not too sure about the new voice, it was hard to hear. But I'd use him and Mega Man X no doubt.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd rather have Jack Baker from RE7 over Nemesis. At least he'd be a newcomer and not just copy and paste. Plus he's one of the things even naysayers of 7 can agree upon.

Chrono.

There's a translated version of the Piccolo and Krillin scan.
For the lazy:
- Piccolo specializes in reach and breaking his opponents guards.
- Hellzone Grenade and Special Beam Cannon are lv1 supers
- His level 3 is Light Grenade, can be used as a combo ender
- Krillin has lower power than others but makes up for it with utility and speed.
- Destructo Disc is unblockable and can fire more with additional button presses.
- His level 3 is Scatter Kamehameha.
- His Z-Assist move is a Senzu Bean which recovers your HP
- Both Piccolo and Krillin are described as technical characters.
- Replay Channel lets you spectate and cheer people on during battles as well as watch your own matches.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- His Z-Assist move is a Senzu Bean which recovers your HP
SENZU BEEEAAAAAN!
I'd rather have Jack Baker from RE7 over Nemesis. At least he'd be a newcomer and not just copy and paste. Plus he's one of the things even naysayers of 7 can agree upon.
Nemesis is still a popular monster from the franchise who absolutely terrified players. No Wesker ****ing sucks but this sack of meat is good too imo

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd rather have Nemesis honestly.

Jack is great, but Nemesis is the top tier of Resident Evil monsters.

Plus in a world where Marvel has Hulk, Nemesis is Capcom's only big guy.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

If you want to go further, there's also the fact that both happened in July.

Speaking of which, it honestly doesn't feel like it's been 3 years since then.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Frank's face does not look good.

Chrono.

I got X and Zero in the base roster so I'm happy.

From the Marvel I don't care too much but Winter Soldier could be good.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Spider-Man's Lvl. 3 definitely seems like a reference to this.
It's just such an odd way to handle a reference. The references in Dragonball FighterZ feel organic, but this, where do they come from? Is the Green Goblin going to pop up and interrupt the fight?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
#AbigailForMvCI

His face already looks broken anyway. :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's just such an odd way to handle a reference. The references in Dragonball FighterZ feel organic, but this, where do they come from? Is the Green Goblin going to pop up and interrupt the fight?
While you're not wrong, it's also a nice reference to a non MCU movie, and the biggest reason people were pissed about the Marvel side of characters after the leak was that the only non MCU character would be Nova. Though the zipleak having stuff like Venom and Marvel leaking the MVC3 Dormammu design helped fans get over it a little too
Does any face look good? Aside from the more exaggerated characters like X and Zero?

I guess there's Strider, but, he's wearing a mask.
Captain Marvel, Jedah, Gamora, Morrigan (her face got patched up in the newest demo)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
For me to get properly hyped for MvC:I (within reason):
- Venom needs to look really ****ing good.
- Don't **** up Ghost Rider or Dormammu
- Add Asura and don't **** him up either

Yeah that's my issue with that Super. It's a cool reference but it feels forced for the sake of making a reference.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I keep throwing my money at my computer screen but nothing's happening. I cannot state how much I love Ariga's artwork.

I really hope he continues to be involved with the Mega Man & Pokemon franchises with fan service projects such as this and the recent line of Pokemon Trainer statues.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How's Piccolo supposed to use Special Beam Cannon when it takes 5 minutes to charge. 5 minutes would be a long time for a match

D

Deleted member

I know **** about Mahvel but I'd be pissed if I planned on buying it because no Phoenix.

Also, it's past midnight here so Fate/Extella and Spla2n should be up in the European EShop

Chrono.

One thing I wish MvCI had now that we're back to two partners is specialized intros.

Granted, in this type of crossover it's a long shot anyway.
How's Piccolo supposed to use Special Beam Cannon when it takes 5 minutes to charge. 5 minutes would be a long time for a match
That was only at the beginning of Z because he hadn't mastered the technique yet.

After fusing with Nail and Kami he didn't take a huge amount of time charging it anymore.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
While you're not wrong, it's also a nice reference to a non MCU movie, and the biggest reason people were pissed about the Marvel side of characters after the leak was that the only non MCU character would be Nova. Though the zipleak having stuff like Venom and Marvel leaking the MVC3 Dormammu design helped fans get over it a little too
All the characters have some sort of reference to non-MCU stuff. I don't really think a lvl 3 changes much
Captain Marvel, Jedah, Gamora, Morrigan (her face got patched up in the newest demo)
Captain Marvel is odd to me. In some shots she looks fine, in others it's off. Morrigan was fixed? Any images at all?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know **** about Mahvel but I'd be pissed if I planned on buying it because no Phoenix.
The best part is that even though I know that you mean Wright, I can interpret this as Jean Grey, meaning you're a scrub if you used her
Simple. SENZU BEEAAAAN!
I guarantee this TFS joke will be a thing in tournaments

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
One thing I wish MvCI had now that we're back to two partners is specialized intros.

Granted, in this type of crossover it's a long shot anyway.

That was only at the beginning of Z because he hadn't mastered the technique yet.

After fusing with Nail and Kami he didn't take a huge amount of time charging it anymore.
I think it does. Max's EVO footage shows Strider referencing Gamora when he faces Thanos.

EDIT: Ah no that's a bit different

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Opossum Opossum bad news. Ryce speculates that the outdated information he got means Ant-Man was cut Q,Q
All the characters have some sort of reference to non-MCU stuff. I don't really think a lvl 3 changes much

Captain Marvel is odd to me. In some shots she looks fine, in others it's off. Morrigan was fixed? Any images at all?
Currently looking for the pics on GAF. It had a comparison to her win animation in 3 and I

TFW everyone is hype for splatoon, including me, but I also have such a large backlog that i've decided to wait until I have way less games to play, even though I can easily afford it
:sadsheep:
Oh hey, hell was unleashed today.

The Stormy Ascent level for N. Sane Trilogy is available now. It's free for the first 30 days, so grab it now.

Also the trailer is in 60 FPS, hopefully this means there will be a 60 FPS mode on PS4 Pro.
I love this.
Seeing an old and extremely infamous cancelled level finally being playable is really cool just from a historical perspective.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I keep throwing my money at my computer screen but nothing's happening. I cannot state how much I love Ariga's artwork.

I really hope he continues to be involved with the Mega Man & Pokemon franchises with fan service projects such as this and the recent line of Pokemon Trainer statues.
That's pretty cool. I just wish the Archie series got to continue since it's my favorite version of classic Mega Man's story.

To be fair, by the time he fought first form Cell, he could fire them quickly.

For Marvel, Spider-Man is a least one of the better looking characters. Just don't take off his mask like you did poor Tony.

D

Deleted member

>Spla2n is up on the Eshop
>No Fate/Extella
Make up your damned minds, Nintendo
The best part is that even though I know that you mean Wright, I can interpret this as Jean Grey, meaning you're a scrub if you used her

Simple. SENZU BEEAAAAN!
I guarantee this TFS joke will be a thing in tournaments
I mever played a MvC game but the simple idea of Phoenix Wright in a fighting game is enough to win me over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom