• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I will never accept Sonic Forces unless Infinite is constantly undercut by the other characters

...then again, considering this series's track record with comedic writing, maybe that's not such a good idea either

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did a pull in FE Heroes.

Didn't get Sonya or Leon, but there was a red space and I decided to try my luck on getting Marth.

and I GOT THE WRONG MARTH GOD DAMN IT

Still

Our boy joins the squad.

Screenshot_20170720-182515.png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did a pull in FE Heroes.

Didn't get Sonya or Leon, but there was a red space and I decided to try my luck on getting Marth.

and I GOT THE WRONG MARTH GOD DAMN IT

Still

Our boy joins the squad.

View attachment 131660
If I want a certain character I just go for their coloured orbs. Makes it much faster to get them... or maybe I'm just super lucky.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I could be wrong but I'm almost certain Infinite is voiced by Liam O' Brian or Ian Sinclair.

Also he has his logo on the bottom of hus shoes.

I heard a couple of people say it was Liam O' Brian, so it sounds like you're a pretty good guesser.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; we now know what the first 10 minutes of Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions looks like:

Honestly, all of it looks awesome to me, especially with the remixed music. Although I will admit; the Koopa Troopa's no longer having their original hats and jackets is a bit disappointing. However, it's a detail that is only really shown at the beginning of the game, so I imagine I'll get over it relatively quickly.

Also, here's the battle theme remixed:

Please disregard the blank thumbnails; the videos will play normally.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well guys; we now know what the first 10 minutes of Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions looks like:

Honestly, all of it looks awesome to me, especially with the remixed music. Although I will admit; the Koopa Troopa's no longer having their original hats and jackets is a bit disappointing. However, it's a detail that is only really shown at the beginning of the game, so I imagine I'll get over it relatively quickly.

Also, here's the battle theme remixed:

Please disregard the blank thumbnails; the videos will play normally.
So ****ing BEAUTIFUL! The new touches and details are clever and great. And the remix is awesome too.

But only one save file... :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I want a certain character I just go for their coloured orbs. Makes it much faster to get them... or maybe I'm just super lucky.
Well I mean, he said he was trying for Sonya and Leon, so that's why the green and colorless ones are pulled. :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So ****ing BEAUTIFUL! The new touches and details are clever and great. And the remix is awesome too.

But only one save file... :/
I'm glad to hear you like what you've seen so far, Wario Bros.. It's shaping up to be a very well done remake of this classic title! :)

Honestly, the only reason I could see only having one save file be a concern is if there's a hard mode for the game; I honestly do not mind otherwise.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So, we lost Chester Bennington.

Didn't know today was gonna suck, but here we are.

RIP.
That's so sad. Linkin Park was a good part of my childhood and despite forgetting the band since then, I owe most of it to Chester.

I still remember a lot of favorite music (2006-2010) from them too. I dont know about the current state of Linkin Park but i hope they recover from this.

R.I.P. Chester

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think I've decided my order of what I'm doing when I get my hands on Splat Tim 2:
  • amiibo (I have all 5 prequel amiibo)
  • Story mode
  • Try to squeeze some Salmon Run during story (if I need Freshness then some Turf Wars)
  • Turf War
  • Whatever the **** the game also contains
And if friends want to play, then I'll do that right away.

EDIT: I almost forgot: 100% ink the tutorial level.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

RIP.
What the hell, man.
Modern Linkin Park hasn't been my cup of tea, but man, this dude made The music of the early 00s and Im sure LPs songs and his vocal delivery was an important part of the lives of many of us.
Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Had a few more moments to gather thoughts. So, since I didn't have much to say previously, here's post 2 of 2 on Chester.

Start with a little bit of Red trivia. My high school's definition of detention was an hour-long standing session, staring at a wall and/or the back of whoever was in front of you.

Maddeningly dull. But I knew Hybrid Theory well enough that I could play it back to front in my head. So I did, semi-regularly. Got me through a lot, honestly.

Had that, Reanimation, and Meteora. Still around here, somewhere. I even remember how I went digging for the original versions of My December and High Voltage after hearing them on Reanimation. The former's going through my head right now. Kind of a melancholy feeling.

Admittedly kind of fell off the bandwagon after Meteora, but the band left their impact on me. Always been a fan of Chester's voice in specific. Had a lot of raw emotion behind it, and for me personally it really encapsulated the kind of **** I felt at that time in my life.

Man will be missed.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

RIP.
Although I may of not been very familiar with Linkin Park and Chester himself, it does seem like he helped to make people's childhoods feel great and also helped to create a bunch of well known songs to many. My condolences go out to his friends, family, and all of his fans who enjoyed his music.

RIP

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey, hell was unleashed today.

The Stormy Ascent level for N. Sane Trilogy is available now. It's free for the first 30 days, so grab it now.

Also the trailer is in 60 FPS, hopefully this means there will be a 60 FPS mode on PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Capcom dun ****ed up Twice!
1: Abigail actually goes TALLER when he activates V-Trigger. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei have fun playing giants like TvC
2: Nova lost his red health gimmick in Infinite, meaning he lost his main function (he can sacrifice red health for better specials iirc)
Capcom can't seem to get a break, it's kinda sad but when you think about it. But it doesn't excuse all the problem they have done. (Tough, for Abigail, they actually **** up is trailer. Normally, he should have less muscle before he activate his V-Trigger. But for some reason, Capcom used a earlier build of him in the trailer that have the same amount of muscle for both pre V-Trigger and after V-Trigger. I don't know how it's possible to make such a error like that but they did it)

Speaking of SF, I just watched the SF 2: The Animated Movie. I have to say, for a video game adaption to be this good that, the actual video game SF storyline used alot of element from it and the Alpha series was basically born from the movie sucess with fans and critics. I can say surely that, this movie is freaking awesome.

Oh and, for Marvel, I find that ironic that they will remove his main "function" as you say. Now just like Spencer, they basically removed what maked the character good and special in the first place. But hey, he is just a function right?:substitute:

Chrono.

Oh hey, hell was unleashed today.

The Stormy Ascent level for N. Sane Trilogy is available now. It's free for the first 30 days, so grab it now.

Also the trailer is in 60 FPS, hopefully this means there will be a 60 FPS mode on PS4 Pro.
I thought Slippery Climb was a bit overhyped in terms of difficulty but it was also one of the more fun levels of Crash 1.

Can't wait to try this out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Capcom can't seem to get a break, it's kinda sad but when you think about it. But it doesn't excuse all the problem they have done. (Tough, for Abigail, they actually **** up is trailer. Normally, he should have less muscle before he activate his V-Trigger. But for some reason, Capcom used a earlier build of him in the trailer that have the same amount of muscle for both pre V-Trigger and after V-Trigger. I don't know how it's possible to make such a error like that but they did it)

Speaking of SF, I just watched the SF 2: The Animated Movie. I have to say, for a video game adaption to be this good that, the actual video game SF storyline used alot of element from it and the Alpha series was basically born from the movie sucess with fans and critics. I can say surely that, this movie is freaking awesome.

Oh and, for Marvel, I find that ironic that they will remove his main "function" as you say. Now just like Spencer, they basically removed what maked the character good and special in the first place. But hey, he is just a function right?:substitute:
What was with Spencer again? Other than Bionic Arm looking ugly and not having invinci-frames
Oh no I broke Smashboards.
Swamp is so hyped he doubleposted

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want to see Abigail getting big enough to cover 3/4 of the screen.

Plz Capcom :secretkpop:

Chrono.

I don't really care for Abigail or SFV that much but people are kinda dumb for expecting characters like Sakura or Sagat in the middle of a season where Capcom said "every character will be new except for Akuma."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What was with Spencer again? Other than Bionic Arm looking ugly and not having invinci-frames

Swamp is so hyped he doubleposted
It was the removing of the invinci-frames on his Super. Like, this is supposed to be the hypest move of Spencer, the comeback move he have to make people hype. Now, it look really boring to me atleast. Tough, beside that, I have seen some gameplay of him and he seem fine for the most part. But still, why remove his invinc-frames on his super? ('guess having a wife as a bionic arm really make you depressed and ugly after awhile)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The issue with Abigail is that he's a new Final Fight character that isn't Haggar.
Haggar hasn't been in Street Fighter.
Haggar is hype.
Respect the Pipe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It was the removing of the invinci-frames on his Super. Like, this is supposed to be the hypest move of Spencer, the comeback move he have to make people hype. Now, it look really boring to me atleast. Tough, beside that, I have seen some gameplay of him and he seem fine for the most part. But still, why remove his invinc-frames on his super? ('guess having a wife as a bionic arm really make you depressed and ugly after awhile)
Balancing? He DID get a Level 3 iirc
"How could I lose? I have a bionic arm! It's also my wife I'm severely depressed help me"
TY based Lythero

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Balancing? He DID get a Level 3 iirc
"How could I lose? I have a bionic arm! It's also my wife I'm severely depressed help me"
TY based Lythero
Yeah, but nothing can replace this.

And yeah, I was referencing that joke. I love Lythero videos.
The issue with Abigail is that he's a new Final Fight character that isn't Haggar.
Haggar hasn't been in Street Fighter.
Haggar is hype.
Respect the Pipe.

I love Haggar, he is just hype itself. Too bad Capcom seem to prefer forget him. :(

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Going by leaks he'll be in MvC:I so I don't think they'll have forgotten about him.

Hold on, REALLY?!
HOW IN THE PIPE ITSELF THAT I DIDN'T SEE THAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom