• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The concept of Soul Eater was popular, and my characters I use in the story were popular when I showed them off years ago

Hmm...Maybe my story has potential

It's not the one I'm working on right now though

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Fantastic...

Didn't have any hot water since yesterday because my hot water heater's ****ed...(still sore from clearing my flooded basement last night)

Someone was supposed to come by today to replace it, turns out he can't fix it because the house is a rental and something with the insurance doesn't allow him to do it or some bs like that...

So yet another night without hot water...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>le me downloading Fallout 4 mods for the first time
>gets some weapons, riot gear, texture upgrades
>randomly looks up Undertale just for giggles
>two radio station mods playing Undertale music

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every time Goku and crew use "Solar Flare" they should cut back to Dragon Ball the first time it was used.

They called Tien a "Dirty Fighter" for using it

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
>le me downloading Fallout 4 mods for the first time
>gets some weapons, riot gear, texture upgrades
>randomly looks up Undertale just for giggles
>two radio station mods playing Undertale music
>greentext
>2017

Chrono.

I beat Crash 2.

Definitely way better and more fun than Crash 1. Boss fights are still very meh though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Crash 2.

Definitely way better and more fun than Crash 1. Boss fights are still very meh though.
I think Crash 3 is the only original game with good boss fights.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Good lord, I finally managed to get my Switch today, it was even the last in the store.
For now I only(finally) bought BotW, well, it was a bundle but I was gonna get it anyways.
And I just realised this is the first physical game I have bought since XCX, my last three games were Fates, Moon and Echoes, all digital purchases.
I think I'll only buy Extella once it is released if it does have a digital version because I don't believe it has.

I'll give some thought on the Switch once I actually play it.

Nice, I got my Switch back in June. The only game I can afford to buy after buying the console and other accessories was Cave Story +, haven't play it much but I find it fun.
I tend to buy physical games rather than downloading, the only big game I purchase on eshop was Animal Crossing New Leaf. I actually regret of buying Animal Crossing New Leaf digital a bit. There is physical version of Extella at least in my region.
The accessories I bought were the screen protector, case, and eventually the plastic skin cover for the Switch.

You can go try and find my thoughts on Switch. It was an awesome console.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I have always been interested in watching Soul Eater but I've been hearing rumours of a "Brotherhood"-esque remake so I've been holding onto it since then
@Shishœ my dude did you just call Diddy Kong ugly?

Boy I might have to metaphorically slap the **** outta you for that. Metaphorically because I don't know where you live and even if I did I wouldn't touch you because I'm a civilized people person guy.
The video where RelaxAlax actually burns a Diddy amiibo onscreen speaks to me spiritually
That is most manga's/ anime's I guess.

Anime's seem to try harder to have a real ending

Manga's often just stop
The only ones I can think of that got an original ending are Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater and FMA(2003), almost every other manga adaptation just stops earlier with no actual ending or goes through to the end.
Nice, I got my Switch back in June. The only game I can afford to buy after buying the console and other accessories was Cave Story +, haven't play it much but I find it fun.
I tend to buy physical games rather than downloading, the only big game I purchase on eshop was Animal Crossing New Leaf. I actually regret of buying Animal Crossing New Leaf digital a bit. There is physical version of Extella at least in my region.
The accessories I bought were the screen protector, case, and eventually the plastic skin cover for the Switch.

You can go try and find my thoughts on Switch. It was an awesome console.
I had AC NL on my 3DS as well, it was my first full-release that I bought digitally.

But yeah, I really like the Switch
I plan on writing more later but I'm just going to say I expected it to be bigger, like, Wii U Gamepad size. I could crush these Joy-Cons with my hands if I wanted lol

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have to say it's pretty severe to give someone a warning for a textless post.

I did also make posts with only video and pics for 3 years following my inscription and I did not receive any warning.
Not really you can just say the mod is doing a really good job.

Well, loopholes happens sometimes.
Tbh, I have always been interested in watching Soul Eater but I've been hearing rumours of a "Brotherhood"-esque remake so I've been holding onto it since then
I have planned to watch it too, maybe right now...
I have also updated my profile a bit.

And I have listen to the English vocal of Papermoon a lot that it keeps popping up on my Youtube recommendation.
Also Jingo Jungle from Youjo Senki... might watch that sometime as well. My AoT fan brother had watched it already.
I had AC NL on my 3DS as well, it was my first full-release that I bought digitally.

But yeah, I really like the Switch
I plan on writing more later but I'm just going to say I expected it to be bigger, like, Wii U Gamepad size. I could crush these Joy-Cons with my hands if I wanted lol
Here was my comment on Switch I posted a while ago in a group:
I got one huge news at least for me, I bought Nintendo Switch. You know Switch is selling so well right? Even in Taiwan some game store were unable to port enough console here as well, but there are also other factors like Taiwan seems to have a law where electronics can be ported too much. I wanted to buy neon Switch but they don't have it, and the game store worker told me that people actually prefer to buy gray because it won't get dirty easily and I can always buy an individual neon Joy Cons anyway. He also told me that some people were bothered that neon red actually looks more like orange color, ok...
I only bought the console, screen protector and a case. I am also planning to buy a game and a silicone Switch cover soon.
My thoughts and review:
  • The Joy Cons look small but fits in my hands well. By they way, I have chibi hands and skinny arms.
  • The console it self feels a bit heavy, I may get used to it for days to come.
  • The UI is fast, clean and snappy. Loading eshop didn't take that much time at all, not to mention compare it to New 3DS loading time.
  • I notice the bottom of Joy Cons will have scratch marks if you slid your Joy Cons on and off many times, I guess that's a normal thing. Joy Cons are sort of as consumption products.
  • When I tried to put my Switch into dock and take out, it does leave marks on the bottom screen, I have put screen protector so scratched screen wouldn't be a problem.
  • I found my Switch screen having one tiny weeny dead pixel dot. Yes, this means dead pixels are a thing, but I actually need to look at the screen quite closely in order to see it, also need to notice which of those are just dirty specs. To sum it up, unfortunately my Switch has dead pixel but it is extremely insignificant and will definitely not effect my gameplay at all.
  • I did do Joy con test like how Gamexplain did, you may be surprised. I did what Andre did by putting the Joy Con behind me, standing four meters away from the console and rolling the control stick. It had not poor connection whatsoever, I actually have minor poor connection when doing the right Joy Con, but even that it still works fine.
I can safely say my Switch is 90% normal, and I can't wait to buy games to play.

I also play Splatoon 2 Splatfest with Joy Con in grip and you know what? It actually isn't that bad, even though I mentioned that I got bodied in many matches but I never felt it's the controller that pulls me down. It works pretty good if I do say so myself.

With Splatoon anime base on corocoro manga was announced, there was a fan dub being made already which can let us imagine what will the anime be like in English dub.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The video where RelaxAlax actually burns a Diddy amiibo onscreen speaks to me spiritually
Same, but for different reasons.

Fun fact: Diddy's forward air is partially disjointed at the end, enough to outrange most swords.

Speaking of which: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/6nyc3m/smash_3ds_wii_u_patch_117_incoming_source_gaming/

Turns out the current versions of Smash 4 kinda...don't have the necessary code for the Corrin amiibo to work with them. They need to patch it within the next few days to add that compatibility.

We don't know if it'd also entail balance changes, but it'd be nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Fun fact: Diddy's forward air is partially disjointed at the end, enough to outrange most swords.

Speaking of which: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/6nyc3m/smash_3ds_wii_u_patch_117_incoming_source_gaming/

Turns out the current versions of Smash 4 kinda...don't have the necessary code for the Corrin amiibo to work with them. They need to patch it within the next few days to add that compatibility.

Oh, wow. Then again, considering the Corrin amiibo wasn't coming out for a while, it makes sense to wait. Especially if they were going to do one more balance patch, which considering the last EVO, that's possible. Then again, there's been tons of tourneys. One thought is they planned a lot of this out beforehand, but I feel it's more of a coincidence. Of course, that'a assuming we get one last balance patch.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Inb4 Bayonetta nerfed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There will be 12-pages of KH3 coverage in Famitsu this week.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

We had to wait 6 years to finally see how the 3DS should have been since the beginning, with the Start and Select buttons placed where they must be and with an easy access to the SD card.

The fact to unscrew the N3DS's back to insert it threw such a damper to me...

Only issue is of course the lack of 3D but I won't miss it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kingdom Hearts 3 is canonically part of the Toy Story timeline. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are canon.
This is the definition of "deepest lore".
Also is anyone else having a formatting problem here? It keeps trying to make me use Times New Roman and black text.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

We had to wait 6 years to finally see how the 3DS should have been since the beginning, with the Start and Select buttons placed where they must be and with an easy access to the SD card.

The fact to unscrew the N3DS's back to insert it threw such a damper to me...

Only issue is of course the lack of 3D but I won't miss it.
At first I thought releasing the New 2DS XL was a terrible idea for Nintendo, but after looking at the designs it might be the best 2DS to purchase.
By the way, when it comes to portable we all used to thought that mobiles will tend be more smaller in the far future, turns out it isn't the case since tablets become more common and practical with the emerge of smartphones, even smartphones with larger screens are popular as well. So I guess that 3DS lines just isn't that widely accept now, 3D without glasses isn't a focus point anymore, but the game library are just awesome on the 3DS.
I would buy a New 2DS XL if they have red related colors... and I actually still ok with 3D, also I am focusing on my Switch for now. Because we all believe 3DS will be out of Nintendo's main console line soon...

@Shishœ
Just a while ago I watched an anime called Made In Abyss, don't get fooled with its simple and cute anime style. The first music in the first episode and the OP were just... god tier. Also how they display the large landscape is just epic. Definitely going to be the anime I am going to stick with for now. It's a manga, I may check it after a few episode like how I did with My Hero Academia.
Here are my thoughts on episode 2...
I also was kind of moved with how they bring up the main character Riko's untypical trait, we usually don't see this until far more episode in some animes. Riko's mother really reminds me of Gon's father Gin from Hunter X Hunter, she is kind of an idiot if she wasn't in the Abyss (Just like Gin...),however she's really on hell of a mother according to Lugio, she took Riko back from Abyss nearly out of any curse from the Abyss (Since Riko was born down the pit, so this means her mother Liz was probably pregnant during that time, which is even more mind blowing if you think about it), at the end I think it was great to let us know more of Riko's mother since her letter seems to be with triggers the entire plot, but the first one has to be that robo-humanoid boy called Regu by Riko. And no unlike Megaman he still has belly button and that thing we dudes have... for some reason... he has stretchy robotic arms as well. Also pointy ear like Link's.

Soul Eater... what an awesome anime as well, I like how to pulled out the comedies in this show. The OP was really cool so is that Soul dude... Black Star's Japanese VA sounds contrary to his appearance for some reason, but I kind of understand when it comes to his attitude. All in all I watched two episodes and I am definitely going to continue to watch it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah speaking of "the 3ds being thrown away from Nintendo" Miitopia is coming out soon and I cant wait to get it
The only game that is coming this year that I am excited to get is Ever Oasis... also Ultra Sun & Moon perhaps,despite I give a lot of Ls to that game I still think it might be something.

And even though I think 3DS will be completely out isn't solid, to some degree I do think it will keep going. Let's just say if Switch has all the great IPs that 3DS used to have like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus etc. and Virtual Console, then I think 3DS my be out. 3DS has to be out sooner or later, but for me I will being playing 3DS until Smash Bros comes out on Switch.

I also found out that Splatoon 2 doesn't have language change... so this mean I have to buy the North American or European version or just buy it digitally on my eshop... but I really want the physical copy...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been told that Splatoon 2's single player challenges are no longer locked behind amiibo like the first game did.

I have the 5 big amiibo from the prequel and so far haven't seen a reason for to pick up the Splatoon 2 amiibo.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Soul Eater... what an awesome anime as well, I like how to pulled out the comedies in this show. The OP was really cool so is that Soul dude... Black Star's Japanese VA sounds contrary to his appearance for some reason, but I kind of understand when it comes to his attitude. All in all I watched two episodes and I am definitely going to continue to watch it.
Soul Eater is really good. It's one of the best anime shows I've seen in the past year. I'd probably give it a 9/10 on my personal rating scale.

The OPs are some of my favorites <3 With the first one, I still find myself humming the tune to myself from time to time. The English Dub is also pretty strong, but I like Black Star's JP voice actor more than his US voice actor. On the upside, his character is interesting, even with being unbearably arrogant at times.

My favorite character is probably Soul. He gets really deep and interesting the longer the show goes on.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been told that Splatoon 2's single player challenges are no longer locked behind amiibo like the first game did.

I have the 5 big amiibo from the prequel and so far haven't seen a reason for to pick up the Splatoon 2 amiibo.
I guess we'll figure out if there's anything exclusive to the new ones when we try the existing ones out.

Considering we already knew that the Girl and Boy Amiibo challenges were essentially replaced due to being able to use a wide spread of weapon classes in single player, the only surprise to me would be if they had brought the time/limited ink challenges along for the ride as well. Did they specify what they meant by that?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Soul Eater is really good. It's one of the best anime shows I've seen in the past year. I'd probably give it a 9/10 on my personal rating scale.

The OPs are some of my favorites <3 With the first one, I still find myself humming the tune to myself from time to time. The English Dub is also pretty strong, but I like Black Star's JP voice actor more than his US voice actor. On the upside, his character is interesting, even with being unbearably arrogant at times.

My favorite character is probably Soul. He gets really deep and interesting the longer the show goes on.
If you saw my previous post I said I have been listening to the OP2 Papermoon a lot even before watching the anime.
I am going to continue to watch it, it's gonna take a while...
The comedy they put really don't lose to TRIGGER's.
Episode 3 is going to be about Death the Kid, according to Episode 2 he is the son of the Lord Death, who is a figure I like since he reminds me of my favorite Overwatch character Reaper a lot. I know it sounds obvious but I also like the type of person he is, maybe this will change by how far I watched, but as for now Lord Death is pretty cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I beat Zora's Domain in Breath of the Wild.
When you start the game: "I'm gonna take my time and eventually save Princess Zelda."
After Zora's Domain: "WHERE'S GANON, LEMME AT 'EM SO I CAN AVENGE FISH WIFE."
IMG_20170718_163445.jpg

But yeah, Mipha is precious. Knew she was gonna be dead (Nintendo kinda spoiled it for me with second DLC pack reveal), but I wasn't expecting to like her so much and for there to be so much detail put into her feelings for Link. Plus there's little hints that could imply Link might have returned those feelings.
I think it's really interesting that the two of them were friends since childhood as well. Makes me wonder about Link's childhood home in this game, it must have been within Lanyru.
As a tribute, I dyed the Zora's Armour red and placed her lance on display at Link's house.
IMG_20170718_163450.jpg

EDIT: OK seriously what the hell is up with the text editor today? It keeps adding extra spoiler tags and changing fonts on its own.
Not even bothered to change it here.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If you saw my previous post I said I have been listening to the OP2 Papermoon a lot even before watching the anime.
I am going to continue to watch it, it's gonna take a while...
The comedy they put really don't lose to TRIGGER's.
Episode 3 is going to be about Death the Kid, according to Episode 2 he is the son of the Lord Death, who is a figure I like since he reminds me of my favorite Overwatch character Reaper a lot. I know it sounds obvious but I also like the type of person he is, maybe this will change by how far I watched, but as for now Lord Death is pretty cool.
Kid is amazing. His OCD about symmetry and all is hilarious. He's probably my 2nd favorite character out of the core 7. I'm also a fan of Liz and Patty, which are his weapons. Honestly, the only main character I didn't like by the end of the show was Maka :x I'll explain why once you finish the 51 episodes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kid is amazing. His OCD about symmetry and all is hilarious. He's probably my 2nd favorite character out of the core 7. I'm also a fan of Liz and Patty, which are his weapons. Honestly, the only main character I didn't like by the end of the show was Maka :x I'll explain why once you finish the 51 episodes.
It might take a while for me to finish all of those episodes, so far I think Maka is just fine...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It might take a while for me to finish all of those episodes, so far I think Maka is just fine...
I like her a lot at the beginning, but she loses my interest over time haha
But hey, it is a good amount of episodes but it's not terribly long. Soul Eater is one heck of a ride, and an amazing one to boot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You dont like Maka either? Ironicly, I like her Dad more then her

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

And it's shown that the old amiibo gear will be in Splatoon 2.
I'm guessing that they will have to be unlocked again through the old amiibo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking forward to see what exactly Piccolo will do in DBFZ. Out of the characters shown so far, I think Gohan, Vegeta and Cell would be my mains.

Still holding out a bit of luck for Kid Goku and Ultimate Gohan as well. I feel like they offer enough compared to other "transformations".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom