• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Shishœ my dude did you just call Diddy Kong ugly?

Boy I might have to metaphorically slap the **** outta you for that. Metaphorically because I don't know where you live and even if I did I wouldn't touch you because I'm a civilized people person guy.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Did they address the ugly as all hell character designs? Or do competitive player not care about that?
Considering how ZSS and Diddy are one of the most played, I'm betting at no

Well, at least Inkling society seems to be accepting of Octolings
Must still be weird thiugh considering the general populace didn't even know about them in the first game(is that right?)

You can buy houses in BotW??? Holy **** who needs AC Switch now

You can't do much with your BotW house, though. But it does essentially serve as three extra storage slots for each class of weapon when it's fully upgraded due to the display cases preserving the weapons you place there until you come to get them, and it leads into another sidequest.

And Link looks so proud when you look at the sign saying it's his house after you get that put up.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Of the one thing I've accidentally seen in Splatoon 2:
DJ Octavio returning should surprise no one. The fact he always escapes every time you replay the final level in the first game tells it all
And the fact that in the Squid Sister Stories Octavio breaks out the snow globe anyway. But where is Cuttlefish?

https://twitter.com/Oni333333/status/887061235581243394
^ me ****posting but it has swears RIP

Sonic 2 COMPRETE

Jeez this game blows Soinc 1 so far out of the water it isn't even funny.

Pretty much everything is better. I actually enjoyed every stage except for Sky Chase parts 1 and 2 (part 2 isnt actually Sky Chase but I dont remember the name)

2 complaints
1. I would have never noticed chaos emeralds are on checkpoints now and not end goals if someone didnt tell me. I never stopped and stared at a checkpoint. Only wound up getting 1 anyway since I suck at the bonus game
2. The continues system. Like, I get that the point is to make the game longer and make you get really good at each level, but with no save system it must suck to get to the end of the game, die to the boss 3 times (you dont get any rings or shields so you cant get hit once)

But otherwise, it's great. Levels are fun. Music is good, enemies are cool etc etc. All around an awesome game with a frustrating life system.

Sonic 3&K on thursday I guess

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And Link has another Zora girl who's wet for him...

...get it? Because she's a Zora and she lives in the water? HAA!

maxresdefault.jpg

But seriously, don't do this to me game. I have a weakness to these kinda unrequited love romantic subplots. Mipha already seems precious.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Sonic 2 COMPRETE

Pretty much everything is better. I actually enjoyed every stage except for Sky Chase parts 1 and 2 (part 2 isnt actually Sky Chase but I dont remember the name)

2 complaints
1. I would have never noticed chaos emeralds are on checkpoints now and not end goals if someone didnt tell me. I never stopped and stared at a checkpoint. Only wound up getting 1 anyway since I suck at the bonus game
2. The continues system. Like, I get that the point is to make the game longer and make you get really good at each level, but with no save system it must suck to get to the end of the game, die to the boss 3 times (you dont get any rings or shields so you cant get hit once)

But otherwise, it's great. Levels are fun. Music is good, enemies are cool etc etc. All around an awesome game with a frustrating life system.

Sonic 2 is always a great game to go back to. Hope you enjoy Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it's easily one of the best 2D platformers ever made.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oof, Abadango pulled a no no. He was drunk last night and said he didn't remember anything he did and apologized in advance if he did anything wrong, a fan told him not to do something that would put him in the same situation as Hyuuga.
"I'm fine, Vikki isn't my type"
Vikki was the girl Hyuuga did the bad thing to.
Yeah, I've seen people blowing up over this on my TL.

Different culture and senses of humour will do that to you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I tired to sell things at GameStop.

I'd get more selling them on Ebay.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm liking this new YouTube's video preview feature

Now I can find out what clickbait videos really have without watching.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Two geniuses at work.

IMG_20170718_011510.jpg

Really wish they had a fullscreen option for viewing your photos.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Sonic 2 COMPRETE

2 complaints

You're in for a treat with Sonic 3&K, my personal favourite of the classic trilogy. The music is probably my most favourite part of the game imo :4sonic:

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Sonic 2 COMPRETE

2 complaints

As a reminder, be sure to explore the levels in S3&K. Collecting emeralds is different this time around, instead of collecting 50 rings and passing a checkpoint, there's several giant rings hidden throughout each act that lead to a special stage. They're a lot easier than their Sonic 2 counterparts. If you're thorough enough, you can actually get six before reaching the third zone, and within that zone there's 8 secret rings. It's possible to go Super well before being half way done with the game.

I also really recommend getting all seven, they actually play a role unlike 1 and 2.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
What if in the Splatoon anime, all the talking is in Inkling gibberish with subtitles?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Sonic 2 COMPRETE

2 complaints

Good news on those two complaints.

1. It's been touched on by Kurri, but to restate, emeralds are a lot simpler to sort out this time around. They're standalone level elements, rather than something you can potentially miss, and they're a lot more plentiful.

Do note that Checkpoint Special Stages are still a thing and still worth doing, but this time they're used for optional-but-beneficial elements like powerups, continues, and piles and piles of rings.

2. S3, and by extension S3&K, has a save system. In addition to level progress, it holds values for your lives (which, once you get the hang of things, the game hands out like candy) continues (ditto, but in special stages) and emeralds recovered.

Once you complete the game, you unlock level selection on the cleared file, allowing you to 100% with the chosen character whenever you like.

Final note for you - Sonic and Tails (and both) have character paths that differ only slightly, with Sonic being able to reach the final zone of the game and Tails clearing just before that. Knuckles retains the same level progression up until about halfway through the S&K levels, but his actual paths through those levels can vary sharply and his endgame is also different.

I'd say it's worth it to have at least two runs - one as Sonic (with or without Tails, at discretion) and one as Knuckles.

Oh, and when you get to the cylinder - trust me, you'll know - use up and down to progress. The game doesn't tell you a damn thing about it prior to that. Worst mechanical decision the game has.

Other than that, godspeed, you're gonna enjoy it.

And Link has another Zora girl who's wet for him...

...get it? Because she's a Zora and she lives in the water? HAA!

View attachment 131605

But seriously, don't do this to me game. I have a weakness to these kinda unrequited love romantic subplots. Mipha already seems precious.
Yeah, Mipha got me in the feels pretty hard.

Bright side, by the time you've gotten to the Divine Beast, you've already heard most of what there is to hear.

Downside, there may or may not be one more gutpunch for you, depending on perspective.

What if in the Splatoon anime, all the talking is in Inkling gibberish with subtitles?
I, for one, would welcome our new woomy overlords.

Whoa this is pretty cool:
Grabbed it before Ninty does.

And may I say I find this file size ironic:

upload_2017-7-17_21-54-18.png

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is an anime with a concept that is REALLY REALLY similar to one of my stories, the anime is called "Soul Eater"

I think I need to make a few changes to it to make it stand out

Dang, someone thought of the same idea

Last edited:
2. S3, and by extension S3&K, has a save system. In addition to level progress, it holds values for your lives (which, once you get the hang of things, the game hands out like candy) continues (ditto, but in special stages) and emeralds recovered.
On the one hand, continues still exist so I may have the same problem

On the other
Once you complete the game, you unlock level selection
GOTY every year

Also definitely doing a run as Sonic and a run &Knuckles. Need to play them both.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
There is an anime with a concept that is REALLY REALLY similar to one of my stories called "Soul Eater"

I think I need to make a few changes to it to make it stand out

Dang, someone thought of the same idea
Is it the anime Soul Eater?

Edit: Whoops, I thought you meant your story was called Soul Eater.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't watched "Soul Eater" but from seeing a commercial of it, it's got a lot of similar concepts

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I quite enjoyed Soul Eater when I watched it. That first opening song was fantastic.

I hear it differed quite a bit from the manga halfway through, hope it gets the FMA: Brotherhood treatment down the line.

I liked soul eater a lot but was dissapointed by the ending.

It felt like there was supposed to be more after but it just stopped. Whole thing kind of felt short because of it

Excalibur is great btw

Chrono.

It felt like there was supposed to be more after but it just stopped. Whole thing kind of felt short because of it

Excalibur is great btw
That's because there is.

The anime overtook the manga and they had to make up a crap ending.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
On the one hand, continues still exist so I may have the same problem
They do, but you can earn a **** ton more of them. Plus it's a lot simpler to pile up lives. You might not dip into them very much to begin with.

Save function for its part also rectifies the situation somewhat. You effectively have unlimited continues from the beginning of whatever stage you reach. Completely clean yourself out of lives and continues and you'll get bounced back to the main menu, but your save file will be there with three new lives and all your other progress waiting for you. Lot more forgiving than other entries.

I don't remember if the actual continues put you at the beginning of an Act or Stage or drop you off at your last checkpoint. Maybe it's time for me to take a trip down memory lane myself.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just remember Zebei, beware of ghosts in Sonic and Knuckes...I hate that level.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Something I stumbled upon while browsing the Internet:

An unlikely crossover between Fire Emblem and Splatoon!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Marth and Ike look pretty cool in Inkling form, don't you think?

Makes me interested to seeing a possible crossover costume in Splatoon featuring some kind of Fire Emblem attire.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, the Wii U apparently just got a system update, and it affects the Internet Browser.

In other words... if you're actively using mods through the browser, might be a good idea to check if you're not getting auto updates.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, the Wii U apparently just got a system update, and it affects the Internet Browser.

In other words... if you're actively using mods through the browser, might be a good idea to check if you're not getting auto updates.
Good thing to note and a somewhat smart move on Nintendo's part. However if anyone is smash modding they should already have this turned off as every tutorial suggests it. So Nintendo may have just wasted their time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Excalibur is great btw
That is most manga's/ anime's I guess.

Anime's seem to try harder to have a real ending

Manga's often just stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom