• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Next splatfest we should if we have 4 people put like what I saw others did and have a couple letters to show we are a real team.

Like put "SB" before our name or something...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Next splatfest we should if we have 4 people put like what I saw others did and have a couple letters to show we are a real team.

Like put "SB" before our name or something...
I've seen the Splatoon Names blog have gag names that coordinated across entire teams. That could be fun too if we came up with something decent.

Name syncing ideas could also come in handy for League Battle if any of us end up trying it together.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wavedash Games is doing an AMA on /r/smashbros in about forty minutes.

I definitely want to see how this goes, given the poor reception the trailer got.

Chrono.

I definitely want to see how this goes, given the poor reception the trailer got.
Hopefully reddit is civil.

Then again it's r/smashbros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

-"Why you ripping Overwatch?"
-"Goatdude is the new Fox?"
-"When this will get released for Androi-"
-[deleted]
-[deleted]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My mom bought a crystal basket... or whatever it's called.
She realized there's was no space on the kitchen to place it + the fact non-refrigerated fruit gets bodied on summer. So I grabbed the plate and...

Screenshot_2017-07-17-13-50-23.png

It is mine now. :denzel:

D

Deleted member

I'm 2 minutes in BofW and I already feel lost.
Couldn't they handhold me until I find out how to dodge a Bokoblin's attack?

I'll post my FC later, if I find out how to do so.
There have been a few. "Can we get back to talking about Rampart?" comes to mind.

None that come to mind from /r/smashbros though.

Edit: AMA is up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/6nvjg8/icons_combat_arena_ama_with_the_wavedash_team/
Boring, it's too serious
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen get in there and ****post right now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm 2 minutes in BofW and I already feel lost.
Couldn't they handhold me until I find out how to dodge a Bokoblin's attack?

I'll post my FC later, if I find out how to do so.

Boring, it's too serious
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen get in there and ****post right now

You wound me, Shoe. You wound me.

I thought mine was pretty good. :p Didn't stick around to see if they answered it or how it went over though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have to say it's pretty severe to give someone a warning for a textless post.

I did also make posts with only video and pics for 3 years following my inscription and I did not receive any warning.
To say the least, the timeframe doesn't matter. We hold that rule currently. So please try to avoid those kinds of posts except where it's allowed. And they're not allowed in Nintenzone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To say the least, the timeframe doesn't matter. We hold that rule currently. So please try to avoid those kinds of posts except where it's allowed. And they're not allowed in Nintenzone.
And an example of a place is the Disco. So if you must crap your posts in image only content, go there.

I just add text to my le funè jokes. Its not against the rules if its relevant and has text boys.

Speaking of, I haven't done that in awhile. I'll need to go through my gifts.

EDIT: Honestly it doesn't need to be relevant. I never am.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And an example of a place is the Disco. So if you must crap your posts in image only content, go there.

I just add text to my le funè jokes. Its not against the rules if its relevant and has text boys.

Speaking of, I haven't done that in awhile. I'll need to go through my gifts.

EDIT: Honestly it doesn't need to be relevant. I never am.
The Heavy is always relevant. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I asked Wavedash about the cloning backlash, potential lost faith, and whether or not there would be new character archetypes. Here was their response.

"When we first started designing characters for Icons, we decided that having a mix of familiar and fresh material in the game was going to be very important.

For veterans, having familiar characters provides two really important things. First, it helps them instantly feel "at home" and comfortable playing the game. But second, it gives them really important context for how Icons is different. This helps the learning process go more quickly once you've got the game in your hands, but those differences are really hard to convey in a 90 second trailer that is just showing off some in-progress combos.

New characters are very important to us though, and most of our characters (including the upcoming ones you haven't seen yet) fall into this category. We haven't seen a proper grappler in a platform fighter yet, but Xana definitely falls into that category. Raymer plays unlike any other character you've played before in the genre, and his ricochet shot is exemplary of the type of interesting new design spaces we'd like to explore as we flesh out the cast.

Next steps for us are to start showing our audience the characters in action, in real gameplay situations, so you can start to really understand all the differences and get excited about trying something new. That kind of context will really help differentiate Icons and hopefully excite you about all the new stuff incoming this fall and beyond."

Take from that what you will, I suppose!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oof, Abadango pulled a no no. He was drunk last night and said he didn't remember anything he did and apologized in advance if he did anything wrong, a fan told him not to do something that would put him in the same situation as Hyuuga.
"I'm fine, Vikki isn't my type"
Vikki was the girl Hyuuga did the bad thing to.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of the one thing I've accidentally seen in Splatoon 2:
DJ Octavio returning should surprise no one. The fact he always escapes every time you replay the final level in the first game tells it all

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and all other interested parties.

http://imgur.com/a/wwfrv

Most of it is stuff that isn't really info, but there's a couple new things.

>The way Inkling ink disappears rapidly is now retconned, now microbes disintegrate it
>The Specials were all changed due to regulation changes (I knew it!)
>Jelfonzo is an expert card game player
>Flow seems to have simply wandered into Inkopolis Square at some point, a traveler from afar
>Bisk had a romantic relationship at one point, broken up for unknown reasons
>Pearl broke the speakers at the Youth Folk-Singing Contest, LOL

>MARINA TURNED GOOD BECAUSE OF THE FINAL BOSS BATTLE IN SPLATOON 1 BEING MISTAKEN FOR A CONCERT, WHAT THE HECK

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found our guy.

IMG_20170717_221317.jpg

I also bought a house and upgraded it fully. And I got my first memory and the Champion's Tunic.

I can now see what people meant by Zelda's voice being off. She was very mumbly in that cutscene.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I asked Wavedash about the cloning backlash, potential lost faith, and whether or not there would be new character archetypes. Here was their response.

"When we first started designing characters for Icons, we decided that having a mix of familiar and fresh material in the game was going to be very important.

For veterans, having familiar characters provides two really important things. First, it helps them instantly feel "at home" and comfortable playing the game. But second, it gives them really important context for how Icons is different. This helps the learning process go more quickly once you've got the game in your hands, but those differences are really hard to convey in a 90 second trailer that is just showing off some in-progress combos.

New characters are very important to us though, and most of our characters (including the upcoming ones you haven't seen yet) fall into this category. We haven't seen a proper grappler in a platform fighter yet, but Xana definitely falls into that category. Raymer plays unlike any other character you've played before in the genre, and his ricochet shot is exemplary of the type of interesting new design spaces we'd like to explore as we flesh out the cast.

Next steps for us are to start showing our audience the characters in action, in real gameplay situations, so you can start to really understand all the differences and get excited about trying something new. That kind of context will really help differentiate Icons and hopefully excite you about all the new stuff incoming this fall and beyond."

Take from that what you will, I suppose!
Did they address the ugly as all hell character designs? Or do competitive player not care about that?
Considering how ZSS and Diddy are one of the most played, I'm betting at no
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and all other interested parties.

http://imgur.com/a/wwfrv

Most of it is stuff that isn't really info, but there's a couple new things.

>The way Inkling ink disappears rapidly is now retconned, now microbes disintegrate it
>The Specials were all changed due to regulation changes (I knew it!)
>Jelfonzo is an expert card game player
>Flow seems to have simply wandered into Inkopolis Square at some point, a traveler from afar
>Bisk had a romantic relationship at one point, broken up for unknown reasons
>Pearl broke the speakers at the Youth Folk-Singing Contest, LOL

>MARINA TURNED GOOD BECAUSE OF THE FINAL BOSS BATTLE IN SPLATOON 1 BEING MISTAKEN FOR A CONCERT, WHAT THE HECK
Well, at least Inkling society seems to be accepting of Octolings
Must still be weird thiugh considering the general populace didn't even know about them in the first game(is that right?)
I also bought a house and upgraded it fully.
You can buy houses in BotW??? Holy **** who needs AC Switch now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom