• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Happy Birthday @Professor Pumpkaboo ! enjoy your day.

Also Happy Birthday to @Shishœ (Well, it is still Jul 16 in the west coast anyway :V)

So remember Wavedash Games? Here's the first look at their game.

Yikes.

- Poor model and animation quality
- Artstyle of a stereotypical bootleg
- What the hell is that sound design
- One character is literally a shot for shot Marth clone
- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.
Brawl meets League of Legends meets the ****ed section of the Google Play Store.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh I can see this point, but I don't hold the same beliefs. Personally his cockiness and general rude attitude really make we want to see him knocked down a few pegs. As I mentioned above he shouldn't be allowed to behave like this. Especially if they are getting Disney involved now. They try to make whatever airs on their network a positive role model for children.
Oh, him losing here and there is fine. That's not an issue at all. But I do agree that his attitude needs to change before him being a role model on a Disney channel is going to work well. He deserves credit for his hard work. Doesn't justify a lot of his crap he's done of course.

Also Zero did 2 prank calls and doxxed the people he prank called. Sure, it was an accident, but you'd think that if you accidentally do something like that, you'd take precautions not to do it again. The first time went well as Mang0 acknowledged it was meant to be a harmless prank, but Alpharad was outright pissed off, even to the point of threatening his fans to not just stop making content but to delete everything on his channel
If I'm reading this correctly, Alpharad was condoning harassment. That's... a problem too.

I don't remember what doxxing means. >.<

But as I said, a lot of his behavior is definitely bad. There's respect for his hard work that he had to do to get as far as he does in Smash as a player. That doesn't make his behavior reasonable at all. As said above, I do think he needs to start cleaning up his act overall. Especially if he's going to start being a representative for a channel dedicated towards kids.

We need good role models as is, and the more widespread the influence, the more we expect from them. He no longer is in a situation where "everybody wants his title" is just it(and I don't mean because he lost, that doesn't mean he isn't held as a major player right now), it's more how much pressure it must be on him to be at high end places like that. As the actual commentators said, the pressure is on him to Win and Defend, as well as the many fans who count on him to keep it entertaining/work hard. He already has a rather large hatebase(it's understandable why, although sometimes some do go overboard...), so that can't help. Doesn't justify his behavior, but stress is a thing and makes it easy for one to act inappropriately. Just saying that it's not a simple situation at all.

They can't simply just remove him from tourneys because he isn't the best role model ever. He has to majorly break rules within the tourneys to get thrown out without a serious amount of backlash. These are major tournaments with tons of major players. Causing more controversy than necessary can affect viewings and such. The less drama the better. We did already see something good too, what ZeRo said about the scarf. We need to see more of that as is. Also, for the record, I had to go and take a shower before the tourney finished, so I never saw his reactions. Obviously, I agree that any poor sportsmanship is a bad thing. It's unnecessary and pretty annoying to deal with. Once in a while, I do get a little pissed off during a tourney when the entire thing went sour without a single good thing at all(Yugioh sometimes, when a deck can't make a single play due to drawing bad or the opponent having every single counter to literally every move you do. It's not fun at all if you can't even play the game. :/). So as a person who plays in tourneys, sometimes we have bad days. That's just what being a human being is. We get angry. It happens. It just has to be handled better in general if you're on TV or a role model(which comes to what I said about how much pressure is on him), which is another point to consider. He's now held to a higher standard than before, so making simple errors can be really bad. As you said before, people were being unreasonable to him on Twitter. That gets worse when he makes mistakes. And it's ridiculous that people think this is a good thing to do. He shouldn't be "begged to lose". Like, um, what? What's the point? He isn't ruining the game or tourneys by winning. It just means his hard work and dedication paid off. It just means he's the guy to beat, and a goal to go after. That's not a bad thing in itself. A good tourney setting, especially as a game's meta goes on, is having something to beat/go after. It's a strong incentive to improve one's metagame. It's healthy. It's toxic what is going on in those cases, when encouragement should be something told to other players. Not discouragement, which only hurts others.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Where are the items?"
Best comment on Wavedash's game

Oh, him losing here and there is fine. That's not an issue at all. But I do agree that his attitude needs to change before him being a role model on a Disney channel is going to work well. He deserves credit for his hard work. Doesn't justify a lot of his crap he's done of course.

If I'm reading this correctly, Alpharad was condoning harassment. That's... a problem too.

I don't remember what doxxing means. >.<

But as I said, a lot of his behavior is definitely bad. There's respect for his hard work that he had to do to get as far as he does in Smash as a player. That doesn't make his behavior reasonable at all. As said above, I do think he needs to start cleaning up his act overall. Especially if he's going to start being a representative for a channel dedicated towards kids.

We need good role models as is, and the more widespread the influence, the more we expect from them. He no longer is in a situation where "everybody wants his title" is just it(and I don't mean because he lost, that doesn't mean he isn't held as a major player right now), it's more how much pressure it must be on him to be at high end places like that. As the actual commentators said, the pressure is on him to Win and Defend, as well as the many fans who count on him to keep it entertaining/work hard. He already has a rather large hatebase(it's understandable why, although sometimes some do go overboard...), so that can't help. Doesn't justify his behavior, but stress is a thing and makes it easy for one to act inappropriately. Just saying that it's not a simple situation at all.

They can't simply just remove him from tourneys because he isn't the best role model ever. He has to majorly break rules within the tourneys to get thrown out without a serious amount of backlash. These are major tournaments with tons of major players. Causing more controversy than necessary can affect viewings and such. The less drama the better. We did already see something good too, what ZeRo said about the scarf. We need to see more of that as is. Also, for the record, I had to go and take a shower before the tourney finished, so I never saw his reactions. Obviously, I agree that any poor sportsmanship is a bad thing. It's unnecessary and pretty annoying to deal with. Once in a while, I do get a little pissed off during a tourney when the entire thing went sour without a single good thing at all(Yugioh sometimes, when a deck can't make a single play due to drawing bad or the opponent having every single counter to literally every move you do. It's not fun at all if you can't even play the game. :/). So as a person who plays in tourneys, sometimes we have bad days. That's just what being a human being is. We get angry. It happens. It just has to be handled better in general if you're on TV or a role model(which comes to what I said about how much pressure is on him), which is another point to consider. He's now held to a higher standard than before, so making simple errors can be really bad. As you said before, people were being unreasonable to him on Twitter. That gets worse when he makes mistakes. And it's ridiculous that people think this is a good thing to do. He shouldn't be "begged to lose". Like, um, what? What's the point? He isn't ruining the game or tourneys by winning. It just means his hard work and dedication paid off. It just means he's the guy to beat, and a goal to go after. That's not a bad thing in itself. A good tourney setting, especially as a game's meta goes on, is having something to beat/go after. It's a strong incentive to improve one's metagame. It's healthy. It's toxic what is going on in those cases, when encouragement should be something told to other players. Not discouragement, which only hurts others.
Doxxing is leaking personal information. Zero publicly shared Alpharad and Mang0's phone numbers, and as Alpharad lived with his parents, that included them. ALPHARAD threatened the fans of ALPHARAD that he'd take down ALPHARAD's videos because people were harassing ALPHARAD and his family for prank calls and **** because ZERO leaked his phone number

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
*EDIT* I've got a festive but probably way too expensive for the payoff idea. Dump sprinkles on the cinnamon twists. That way they're birthday cinnamon twists.
How would you get those to stick, though?

Feel like you'd also need to pick up a container of icing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Doxxing is leaking personal information. Zero publicly shared Alpharad and Mang0's phone numbers, and as Alpharad lived with his parents, that included them. ALPHARAD threatened the fans of ALPHARAD that he'd take down ALPHARAD's videos because people were harassing ALPHARAD and his family for prank calls and **** because ZERO leaked his phone number
Didn't know that about ZeRo.

Doxxing is a plain evil thing, **** that, man.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Happy Birthday @Professor Pumpkaboo !^^

Also, before I sleep. I saw the Wavedash trailer and....
Is making function jokes is already considered to be bad?
Because if not, god this game look terrible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just saw the Not Project M trailer... this **** looks terrible
And not even because it's pre-alpha or whatever, the stages are bland and the character designs are HORRENDOUS. I don't even know where to start with them, these designs look like they were taken from a 2000s Online Flash game.
Also, none of the characters seem interesting? It's half stuff directly copied from Smash and the rest is uninspired crap

Oh yeah, almost forgot but thanks @Z25 for the Star vs. links, gonna be watching that now to take this trainwreck from my head

Chrono.

[Crash voice] Whoa!
So remember Wavedash Games? Here's the first look at their game.

Yikes.

- Poor model and animation quality
- Artstyle of a stereotypical bootleg
- What the hell is that sound design
- One character is literally a shot for shot Marth clone
- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.
My first thought was "Project M died for this."

Then I read the comments and. Yeah.

I'll stick with Rivals of Aether.
I'd expect a good chunk of the Arena cast. Depends on how many characters they're willing to make for RWBY though because others are lifted from their home game.

At least The Investigation team (can be trimmed to see fit), Adachi and Aigis from Persona.
BB has Ragna and Jin already. I expect Noel, Hazama and/or Terumi to show up definitely.
Team RWBY are a lock. Might get all of JNPR plus Torchwick and Sun though anyone beyond RWBY is dependant on how they go with the roster.
Don't know about the other series.

Can't wait for Terumi/Adachi as the ultimate troll team.

Hopefully we get Rise since she was my Ultimax main (along with Yosuke but he feels like a lock anyway.) Aside from them I don't really have a huge desire for anyone in particular. I'm just curious about how big do they plan on making the roster since each game has at least 20+ (not counting RWBY for obvious reasons).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Man, these EVO announcements have been hype, Geese Howard coming to Tekken 7, Arc System Works bringing out the heavy punches with Jubei's ascension to playable at long last and the amazing crossover game with Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-Birth and RWBY all at once. I am admittedly not up to speed with RWBY since my initial impressions were a bit on the mixed side, but I wouldn't mind getting back into the series and see how it can improve on it's cast and story. Under Night In-Birth I have little clue as to what goes on, but I would not mind playing it on Steam to get familiar with the cast prior to Cross Tag Battle's Launch.

Guess who just hit their birthday and is 23 now?
Happy Birthday, Professor! Hope you have a wonderful day today!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just checked the game that the PM devs are making
wew lad
Also checked the like dislike ratio, about 55% Dislike
Some of the PM Devs.

I'm only correcting because a lot of people get confused and think that the entirety of PMDT moved on to Wavedash Games, when it was more like a handful (at least iirc).

---

Anyways, game really doesn't sit well with me. I'll just continue dreaming about Geese in Tekken, Dragonball, and Blazblue Tag instead

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ahhhh. Yeah, you worded it oddly earlier. That's horrible of his fans. ZeRo should not have done that, and I'm pretty sure I supported him getting repercussions for his behavior. Maybe not a permaban, but a temp ban until he cleans up his act.

There is no excuse for the harassment. Thank you for the information. Also, merged your double post. ;)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bruh, I just realized that I've been doing grammar mistakes by using "did not/didn't" followed by a verb in past tense.

Y nobody told me?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah I heard that much. Game's on PS4, PC and I saw the trailer. But it was during that time when RWBY was on volume 2 or 3? I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it was between those times. Though I didn't think it had much to offer obviously since RWBY's not finished; it was a nice attempt nonetheless.

Happy RWBY's getting more popular gaming wise. But not moreso than the moment they decided to continue the series after the creator's death.

Edit: Also happy b-day @Professor Pumpkaboo
And since Ruby Rose is now in a fighting game, now I hope Ruby can be in the next new Smash Bros... just saying.
I like how despite our differemces we can still agree on the important matters.
Mineta is a **** and I hope he doesn't get any spotlight in the near future

Also, on the subject of a MHA fighting game, I'd bet we'd get something more like the Naruto Storm games though I just want to get a console one because we know how the last one went...
Yeah, the more manga is progressing I start to feel a bit irritated on Mineta... I hope his pervy attitude can be tone down some way.
Usually I'd highly disagree and think nothing of this post, because while RWBY IS popular, it's also rather flawed, personally, I fear it'll suffer from Seasonal Rot myself. But them I sww this
RWBY is mostly popular because of it's 2.5D animated CGI battle scenes, also most of the character designs are just awesome (Except Jaune...)
Fanart are probably one of the important core of RWBY's fanbase, there are many artist willing to draw arts for RWBY Blue ray CD. posters etc. One of favorite is probably Mojojoj.
Unfortunately, Mineta's the author's favourite character. Honestly, Mineta is the WORST. **** personality, stupid design, stupid quirk, he GENUINELY brings the show/manga down if you ask me, he gets SO much screentime despite being one joke over and over again, yet other, more interesting characters get shafted in favour of him. People are still mad he got in the 3DS game and not Tokoyami or Pinky
Yeah I would prefer Tokoyami and Mina too.
Ugh, why does he like him so much? That's stupid. Like, MHA isbgreat and I appreciate what Horikosh has done but this doesn't make me think too highly of him :/
Remember I post that female Mineta fanart a while ago? I check on Knowyourmeme comment section and a lot of them prefer Mineta being a female but still with that pervy attitude.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Capcom, are you serious right now?
This is the character that is supposed to make people "YO, the wait have been worth!!"?

Go home Capcom, that and not having a trailer for Jedah, just, go home, you are drunk.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Abigail is the lovechild of Zangief and Buzzwole.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so my over all thoughts on evo
capcom showed up....thats about it chuns face is still ass and jedahs blood constructs are purple peanutbutter from that one goosebumps book....also random midboss from final fight when none of the main characters are in the game(look forward to guys mster to show up as the last character)

Tekken has geese which is amazing and completely over shadows anything i just said

arcysys is finally bringing juebi into blazblue which is great, and they announced a crossover between 2 of the most fun fighting games around, one of the most pupluar rpgs in modern times....and the cartoon that uses the same 3d modeling sofware as amature rpg makers devs....specifically the ones who add sex scenes to their rpgs.....thanks youtube coments

arika brought back skullomania which is amazing

the trunks trailer looked great

also isnt it weird how capcom diodnt show up at all? i feel like i might have said other wise earlier but nah capcom didnt show up at all

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Abigail is the lovechild of Zangief and Buzzwole.
Nah, more like the lovechild of Zangief and this...wonderful Hulk cosplay.
I love the expression of Thor btw.

Chrono.

The WWE doesn't really suck, though?

Or am I missing the comparison here. >.>
They don't "suck" but rather, they could be waaaay better than they are right now with the talent they got. A lot of hardcore fans have given up on it and have taken up indie wrestling or New Japan, and have looked at the current product and called it stale or soulless. Despite all this, it's still the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Capcom is similar, when it comes to fighting games you don't get more iconic than them with Street Fighter. And SFV, despite the lukewarm to negative reception it gets from the hardcore players (and casual ones too), their tournaments are pretty much the top dog and even with the 50%~ decrease in entrants from this year compared to 2016, it got the highest entrants. There's also the weird super corporate PR speak that's caused fans to lose hope even further (this is mostly with MvCI, the whole "functions" fiasco).

That being said, I'm not really being serious, just having some fun since I noticed the loose similarities here and there with how the fanbase looks at em. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm 20 minutes in the Battle for Mewni movie and
Young Moon is cute, I like that the white hair is her natural hair color and not due to old age(though I'd bet this was actually retconned)
Her interactions with River are also super cute and I like it.

Eclipsa is a dork. Love her.

Aaaaaaand Ludo just burned the book, and Glossarick with it...
**** HELL NO GLOSSARICK DIDN'T DESERVE THIS
We didn't even get to underatand how this whole book ownership thing works
Rip in pudding buddy :^(
He probably ain't dead, r-right?
Gonna watch the rest later
Except Jaune
**** u Jaune is great
Ruby is still the best tho

Chrono.

So now I'm thinking, if they're gonna dub BB Tag Cross.

BB and P4A were dubbed, but Central Fiction wasn't. Meanwhile UNIEL was released in English, but wasn't dubbed, and RWBY does have a Japanese dub but the trailer used Ruby's regular VA.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not gonna lie...

Abigail looks ugly.

But damn, he looks fun to play.

I love big guys in fighting games though if that makes it clear.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They don't "suck" but rather, they could be waaaay better than they are right now with the talent they got. A lot of hardcore fans have given up on it and have taken up indie wrestling or New Japan, and have looked at the current product and called it stale or soulless. Despite all this, it's still the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Capcom is similar, when it comes to fighting games you don't get more iconic than them with Street Fighter. And SFV, despite the lukewarm to negative reception it gets from the hardcore players (and casual ones too), their tournaments are pretty much the top dog and even with the 50%~ decrease in entrants from this year compared to 2016, it got the highest entrants. There's also the weird super corporate PR speak that's caused fans to lose hope even further (this is mostly with MvCI, the whole "functions" fiasco).

That being said, I'm not really being serious, just having some fun since I noticed the loose similarities here and there with how the fanbase looks at em. :p
Definitely loose to me. XD

WWE has some neat stuff, but they aren't all "money" in the same way. I like the drama and hard work they put into their Kayfabe design.

Capcom is just... lazy sometimes. And make completely **** decisions. Like why they cancelled MegaMan Legends 3. Or making the main villains DLC for no good reason in Infinite. Wolverine is one thing(and that's more on Disney for trying to make the X-Men less notable for the Inhumans), since there is poor but actual justification for that. This is just ridiculous when he's better to be on the base roster. Sigma and Ultron should be playable right away, no ifs, ands, or buts. I could forgive some story characters if they had less time than they thought or balance issues. Like I could tolerate having to wait on Zero, as long as the main hero and villain are there. It should be obvious who has less priority for the base roster, and that should be secondary characters. To be fair, that's clearly a matter of opinion. Day 1 DLC is however silly if it's paid and for those who should be on the base roster. It's nothing more than a way to cheat us out of our money, especially when they pull a "can't get them any other way" bull. It's bad enough they're day 1 dlc and cost money, it's even worse if it's a very limited time. The only limited time that should be acceptable for paid dlc(and regular dlc in many cases) is "till the system is dead or the online was shut down". To note, Pokemon has limited DLC due to the design of the games, as they can only get one download from a "get from internet" at a time. This should be fixed, but that's a bit more justified. IMO, at least.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here's the Geese Trailer on Youtube.

He looks really sick and visually fits Tekken like a glove.

COWARDS BEGONE!!!
One thing I noticed about Geese in T7 after watching the trailer like six times, is that it seems that his motions and systems are going to be based off of KOFXIV.

I think he even uses MAX mode at certain points in the trailer.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
**** u Jaune is great
Ruby is still the best tho
I only agree on his Volume 3 upgrade.

I also finish watching Kakegurui, it is....... Interesting.
I feel like I am watching gambling version of Kill La Kill with grotesque faces and a bit of fanservice.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't he on the forum at the time? In all case, that suck. But hey, no john.
Yes. That's why I waited a while and even refreshed the page more than once, hoping he'd catch it on his own. I've reminded people of the rules before, so... well, can't do much here. Part of it is them following the rules on their own. I try to help push it, but it's not my decision to follow them or not, you know?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes. That's why I waited a while and even refreshed the page more than once, hoping he'd catch it on his own. I've reminded people of the rules before, so... well, can't do much here. Part of it is them following the rules on their own. I try to help push it, but it's not my decision to follow them or not, you know?
Yeah, I can totally understand. Still, sometime we forgot, and then, we are too late to fix it. It's sad but that's how it is, and it give a good reminder for next time.
Plus, you are a mod, so you can't let pass this forever. But atleast you give him some time, so, you are cool in my book.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
RIP Project M. Your sacrifice was not worth this trash. Maybe it's a bit early to speak, but it looks like a cheap Google Play Store game. The animations look unnatural. And the characters are just uninspiring.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
RIP Project M. Your sacrifice was not worth this trash. Maybe it's a bit early to speak, but it looks like a cheap Google Play Store game. The animations look unnatural. And the characters are just uninspiring.
Yeah, sorry for anyone who like this game. But when I see this.
I feel like there is a horrible lack of polish. And even if the gameplay is good, it's mostly Melee character with bad redesign and a overall worse artstyle. And I am not even a fan of PM, but I still feel sorry for the fan who placed their hope (and money) on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom