• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
been playing Sonic 2. With it taking me like 2 days just to beat Marble Zone I didnt expect to be at Sky Chase (which seems like the finale?)

Will finish the game tomorrow, but this has been super fun. I've liked pretty much every level. Didn't like one stage of Chemical plant because I got stuck on one part and dont like the disappearing platforms haha

But damn this game is fun. Probably my favorite 2D platformer since Rayman Legends. That isn't much, but still. Having a lo of fun, and would gladly play again right after if I didnt have so many other games to play]

:4sonic:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So remember Wavedash Games? Here's the first look at their game.

Yikes.

- Poor model and animation quality
- Artstyle of a stereotypical bootleg
- What the hell is that sound design
- One character is literally a shot for shot Marth clone
- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.
I had low expectations when they announced the studio
I had lower expectations when they showed Kidd who's basically their Fox equivalent
My already low expectations plummeted after the gameplay reveal

Suffice to say, I have no hope for this game. Because it's f2p and the beta is open, I'll probably try it out, but I'm definitely not going to be bummed if it turns out to be a whatever experience.

There's nothing about it that grabs me. Everything just feels so poorly done

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bayonetta is officially the best Didney Princess now.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Did I seriously miss an announcement for a crossover between RWBY and Persona and BlazBlue and that other thing?

Man, and I thought today was gonna be a boring day.

Granted, I'm finding this out about 10 minutes to midnight, so the day is almost over, but still.

Who here do I not have as a friend on the switch?
Me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did I seriously miss an announcement for a crossover between RWBY and Persona and BlazBlue and that other thing?

Man, and I thought today was gonna be a boring day.

Granted, I'm finding this out about 10 minutes to midnight, so the day is almost over, but still.

Me.
Well my switch code is under my avy so you can add me whenever.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well my switch code is under my avy so you can add me whenever.
Alright.

I'm currently nowhere near my Switch though, so I'll get back to you on this later.

TBH, I don't think I've even looked at my Switch code yet...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Do you think they will add p5 characters in the game also? i dont really care much for rwby as much as I do Persona, my child

It better be. Oh man it better be

please
I hope so too, but they did specifically say, "Persona 4 Arena", so I'm not sure.

When it comes to RWBY, the thing that grabs me the most is the weapons. If we see more than just the main 4 RWBY cast, I hope to see maybe Penny or Qrow.

I just love RWBY's weapons. They're so cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Congratulations, Jafar! Did you tell Sinbad yet? :p

But yeah, happy birthday.
Its funny because Ja'far is 8 years older then me in the manga pfff

And thank yoou
That's you.

Happy birthday Pumpkaboo!
You know what my first thought on my birthday was just now?

"Man, Im starving. i should treat myself to taco bell and pig out"

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I would say, like any other class in the game, you are just wasting time grinding them up to level 20 before promoting, and so it's better to promote them straight away and get the stat boosts and skills and other benefits as early as possible.
I agree mostly, however, I'd argue that there are one or two characters that benefit from leveling past promotion level.

Genny's attack growth was very worth it in my second playthrough. It made future levels so much easier, especially in the swamp/desert family reunion celebration party that is Celica's Route.

You know what my first thought on my birthday was just now?

"Man, Im starving. i should treat myself to taco bell and pig out"
Happy Birthday
upload_2017-7-17_0-38-11.png
!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That crossover fighting game announced is called BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, right? I appear to have missed it, but now I know from siliconera. Look likes it features four series and saying that are more to come. More characters from RWBY would be epic and I am going to vouch for Aigis to make the roster.
More trivia is that this isn't the first video game RWBY series appeared in. Aside from their own Grimm Eclipse, mobile game Crusader's Quest has the 7 main female RWBY characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the restaurants I go to for my birthday is a Mexican restaurant. It's not really a chain but they have 2 locations in my city and the one over. They have this "Iguana Margarita" which has Midori in it

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ayyy! Can anyone give me a rundown of what I missed from EVO? Saw DBFZ, Tekken 7 Geese, and the Arc System stuff. Did I miss anything else?

Also, happy birthday to the best pumpkin. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo !:127:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
More trivia is that this isn't the first video game RWBY series appeared in. Aside from their own Grimm Eclipse, mobile game Crusader's Quest has the 7 main female RWBY characters.
Yeah I heard that much. Game's on PS4, PC and I saw the trailer. But it was during that time when RWBY was on volume 2 or 3? I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it was between those times. Though I didn't think it had much to offer obviously since RWBY's not finished; it was a nice attempt nonetheless.

Happy RWBY's getting more popular gaming wise. But not moreso than the moment they decided to continue the series after the creator's death.

Edit: Also happy b-day Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Rwby is dumb and it's art style makes me want to vomit.
Usually I'd highly disagree and think nothing of this post, because while RWBY IS popular, it's also rather flawed, personally, I fear it'll suffer from Seasonal Rot myself. But them I sww this
As long as Mineta is playable.
One of the most controversial characters in the manga/show, who was yet to do anything that isn't "Durrrrr I'm going to do something pervy" and proceed to get kicked in the face for it.
You have objectively bad opinions if you like Mineta

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So remember Wavedash Games? Here's the first look at their game.

Yikes.

- Poor model and animation quality
- Artstyle of a stereotypical bootleg
- What the hell is that sound design
- One character is literally a shot for shot Marth clone
- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.
Ouch... So far I don't think it was worth abandoning Project M for this. Hopefully they can make it better.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Things like this makes him an ***

edit:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
A thread on it
This, plus you can see from twitter and others that he's pretty cocky and he can definitely be seen acting a bit mean at tournaments( in reactions and more).

I don't like him, and don't see him as a good leader for an already pretty toxic and controversy scene. We need more positive influences within the smash community.

Some of ZeRo's out of tourney behavior is clearly an issue.

But the man still worked hard to get to the level he's at. Mad props for his dedication. Same with what he said about his scarf. It makes me proud as a human being to see people give props to their parents for helping them in life. Man deserves respect for that.

As for the twitter thing, if people were seriously "begging him to lose", then I feel for the guy. Nobody should have to deal with that kind of bull****. Show some credit where it's due and respect players for working their hardest. I'm all for variety in top characters/players. But that should be done either by balance patches if there's a clearly dominant character, intentional bans for balance reasons, or people getting better so they can beat him. In the end, he got beat by a player who worked hard to do so. That's why I still give props to ZeRo for his hard work. Win or lose, he deserves respect as a player.
Eh I can see this point, but I don't hold the same beliefs. Personally his cockiness and general rude attitude really make we want to see him knocked down a few pegs. As I mentioned above he shouldn't be allowed to behave like this. Especially if they are getting Disney involved now. They try to make whatever airs on their network a positive role model for children.
Hey, who says we can't have dark princesses? :grin:
I want to see Bayonnetta get a movie made by Disney now. She'd really shake up status ques more then Frozen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway I did another summon on heroes today.

Didn't get Leon but Takumi is so much better! I really wanted him but didn't think I'd get him anytime soon. He's even plus speed minus resistance so he'll be really useful!

The second camilla is really bad though as she is minus attack but I don't mind due to how good Takumi is.

Also this is pretty good:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also Zero did 2 prank calls and doxxed the people he prank called. Sure, it was an accident, but you'd think that if you accidentally do something like that, you'd take precautions not to do it again. The first time went well as Mang0 acknowledged it was meant to be a harmless prank, but Alpharad was outright pissed off, even to the point of threatening his fans to not just stop making content but to delete everything on his channel

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The whole Wavedash Games thing has me thinking. Fighting games must be the most difficult type of game to produce. Every character has to have massive numbers of intricately planned animations, everything has to be tuned to the level of individual frames, extensive post-release support is required as well, and if it isn't ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL then it'll be entirely ignored because of the large time investment inherently required.

D

Deleted member

Thank you all again for the birthday woshes from yesterday.
Now it's time to celebrate Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 's birthday, so happy birthday, buddy!

Also, on the BBXPersonaXRWBYXSmth else game, what is the 4th series? Lol
I hope it comes to Switch, I always wanted to play a BB game and Ruby alone is enough for me in the crossover
One of the most controversial characters in the manga/show, who was yet to do anything that isn't "Durrrrr I'm going to do something pervy" and proceed to get kicked in the face for it.
You have objectively bad opinions if you like Mineta
I like how despite our differemces we can still agree on the important matters.
Mineta is a **** and I hope he doesn't get any spotlight in the near future

Also, on the subject of a MHA fighting game, I'd bet we'd get something more like the Naruto Storm games though I just want to get a console one because we know how the last one went...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Happy Birthday, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo !

I recommend a side of cinnamon twists. Pretty much entirely based on my own cheap sweet tooth, but yeah.

. . .Now I'm imagining myself eating cinnamon twists.

*EDIT* I've got a festive but probably way too expensive for the payoff idea. Dump sprinkles on the cinnamon twists. That way they're birthday cinnamon twists.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
General Tao wants lots of money for his services, but he also expects to not have to pay for stuff

What's the use of money if you expect everything else for free as well?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Now it's time to celebrate Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 's birthday, so happy birthday, buddy!

I hope it comes to Switch, I always wanted to play a BB game and Ruby alone is enough for me in the crossover

I like how despite our differemces we can still agree on the important matters.
Mineta is a **** and I hope he doesn't get any spotlight in the near future

Also, on the subject of a MHA fighting game, I'd bet we'd get something more like the Naruto Storm games though I just want to get a console one because we know how the last one went...

Unfortunately, Mineta's the author's favourite character. Honestly, Mineta is the WORST. **** personality, stupid design, stupid quirk, he GENUINELY brings the show/manga down if you ask me, he gets SO much screentime despite being one joke over and over again, yet other, more interesting characters get shafted in favour of him. People are still mad he got in the 3DS game and not Tokoyami or Pinky

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, Mineta's the author's favourite character. Honestly, Mineta is the WORST. **** personality, stupid design, stupid quirk, he GENUINELY brings the show/manga down if you ask me, he gets SO much screentime despite being one joke over and over again, yet other, more interesting characters get shafted in favour of him. People are still mad he got in the 3DS game and not Tokoyami or Pinky
Ugh, why does he like him so much? That's stupid. Like, MHA isbgreat and I appreciate what Horikosh has done but this doesn't make me think too highly of him :/

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Fourth game is "Under Night In-Birth", but we like to call it "Uniel." It's by the guys who did Melty Blood. I feel it's chances are high when it comes to a Switch releases. They mentioned a Blazblue game coming, and I don't think they'll be releasing Central Fiction with Cross Tag Battle coming ****.

I'm just now realizing CTB continues the tradition of the subtitle starting with a "C"
- Calamity Trigger
- Continuum Shift
- Chrono Phantasma
- Central Fiction
- Cross Tag Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom