• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So remember Wavedash Games? Here's the first look at their game.

Yikes.

- Poor model and animation quality
- Artstyle of a stereotypical bootleg
- What the hell is that sound design
- One character is literally a shot for shot Marth clone
- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Is it a great sin on Fire Emblem Echoes to promote mage characters before learning all their spells?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
That crossover fighting game announced is called BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, right? I appear to have missed it, but now I know from siliconera. Look likes it features four series and saying that are more to come. More characters from RWBY would be epic and I am going to vouch for Aigis to make the roster.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ZeRo's lost quite a few big tournaments, right?

It's not the same as the first year or two of Smash, other players have been taking their fair share of tournaments too.

Seems like deactivating Twitter is a bit much, but I guess he'll do whatever he feels he needs.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I never actually watched Rwby. Actually, I did watch, like one episode of it then I just ignored the show after that
I recommend you to at least watch one volume. But anyhow I am okay with that.

I mean this tweet literally says it all
Add new Nintendo console, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
That crossover fighting game announced is called BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, right? I appear to have missed it, but now I know from siliconera. Look likes it features four series and saying that are more to come. More characters from RWBY would be epic and I am going to vouch for Aigis to make the roster.
I'd expect a good chunk of the Arena cast. Depends on how many characters they're willing to make for RWBY though because others are lifted from their home game.

At least The Investigation team (can be trimmed to see fit), Adachi and Aigis from Persona.
BB has Ragna and Jin already. I expect Noel, Hazama and/or Terumi to show up definitely.
Team RWBY are a lock. Might get all of JNPR plus Torchwick and Sun though anyone beyond RWBY is dependant on how they go with the roster.
Don't know about the other series.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Yikes.

- Two of the stages are Battlefield and Final Destination with the VIN numbers scratched off

So much for it being a "new genre-defining platform fighter." I get that it's a pre-alpha, but damn. First impressions are important.
This is by the same guys behind Project M, right?

If so, what the heck happened to them?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Yikes.

Aside from the girl Marth and goat Fox, it looks pretty decent IMO, as far as pre-alpha goes.

Combat looks fluid and the environments look pretty good.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is it a great sin on Fire Emblem Echoes to promote mage characters before learning all their spells?
Not really, they will still learn them even after promoting. The level at which they learn it after promoting becomes: spell level - (level at which they promoted + 1). So if they normally learned, say, Sagittae at level 15 Mage, and they promote at level 12, then they will learn it instead as a level 2 Sage.

I would say, like any other class in the game, you are just wasting time grinding them up to level 20 before promoting, and so it's better to promote them straight away and get the stat boosts and skills and other benefits as early as possible.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not really, they will still learn them even after promoting. The level at which they learn it after promoting becomes: spell level - (level at which they promoted + 1). So if they normally learned, say, Sagittae at level 15 Mage, and they promote at level 12, then they will learn it instead as a level 2 Sage.

I would say, like any other class in the game, you are just wasting time grinding them up to level 20 before promoting, and so it's better to promote them straight away and get the stat boosts and skills and other benefits as early as possible.
Well I guess it's a good thing I asked!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On a minor note, Nintendo uploaded a new video for Fire Emblem Warriors. This one features the intro cutscenes for Chrom, Lianna, Ryoma, and Xander.

You may have watched it before if you followed the E3 gameplay, but now, we have a better footage of such.

Ryoma's was my favorite. Great intro with him cutting the leaf, followed with him slashing his sword around as fire comes out of it (seems like the Raijinto can produce fire in addition to electricity).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The problem with Not Project M is that they actually seem to believe the characters = functions crap.

People wanted to see what they could do.

Instead, we got Marth, Fox and, Ganondorf. But cheap discount versions instead.

Rivals of Aether is ten times better in this regard...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd expect a good chunk of the Arena cast. Depends on how many characters they're willing to make for RWBY though because others are lifted from their home game.

At least The Investigation team (can be trimmed to see fit), Adachi and Aigis from Persona.
BB has Ragna and Jin already. I expect Noel, Hazama and/or Terumi to show up definitely.
Team RWBY are a lock. Might get all of JNPR plus Torchwick and Sun though anyone beyond RWBY is dependant on how they go with the roster.

I hope its all of The Investigation team and not just Yu

i need my Yusuke

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Yeah I'm expecting that much too. I played only a little bit of Arena but I missed out on a lot of it since I was unfamiliar with P4 at the time (Arena was also borrowed too). It's one of those games I'm still wanting to get since I'm starting to get more fascinated with fighting genres. This game is starting to sound promising.

For RWBY, I completely forgot about it but word from here states a new volume is coming up this month? I ignore the Chibi series but I'm totally down if that's the case. Everyone's weapon is just insane that I could not think who I'd prefer to make the roster the most. So anyone would be good.

Also, did someone said Persona 5 is being developed for the Switch somewhere? Not that I plan to get the Switch but things sure are happening fast and big for both series.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I hope its all of The Investigation team and not just Yu
They'll add Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko for sure. They're the first 3 party members. Maybe Teddie too because Mascot character and the initial navigator. The other 3 are iffy but I see them happening.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Yikes.

I don't know who wavedash games are but this is homely.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Yeah I'm expecting that much too. I played only a little bit of Arena but I missed out on a lot of it since I was unfamiliar with P4 at the time (Arena was also borrowed too). It's one of those games I'm still wanting to get since I'm starting to get more fascinated with fighting genres. This game is starting to sound promising.
P4AU is pretty solid.
I like it as both a Persona fan and a fighting game fan.

For RWBY, I completely forgot about it but word from here states a new volume is coming up this month?
V5 is starting in October. 14th for First members. 21st for non-first members based on how other RT shows like Chibi and RvB are handled at the moment.

Weiss trailer goes up tomorrow.

Also, did someone said Persona 5 is being developed for the Switch somewhere? Not that I plan to get the Switch but things sure are happening fast and big for both series.
Don't think so. It's just wishful thinking.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If Nora makes it into the crossover, I'll be the happiest gal ever. Her hammer would make quite the interesting weapon as well.
I just want her to Boop some fools

It looks like they didn't even try! lol
It's "Pre-Alpha" footage and built from the ground up.
Let's be fair here.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Well atleast 3 characters look like they're just reskinned Smash characters.
Yeah built from the ground up probably isn't 100% true but still.
It's pre-alpha and some stuff's not an obvious Smash rip.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
WHAT? I need to see the source of this. Please dont play with my heart
Not gonna lie, but I made that question immediately right after seeing this tweet in this post below:

I recommend you to at least watch one volume. But anyhow I am okay with that.

I mean this tweet literally says it all
Add new Nintendo console, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
And then the second time I realized it said, "releases" right after. This tweet must be talking about Year 2017 hype. Haha?

So yeah, sorry bout that. I screwed up. :grin:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yikes.

I would say that the art style is the most disappointing part. Comes straight out of a cell-phone game. They needed someone who could make the characters at least feel unique. All it takes is one major visual style and that can make or brake a game's first impression.

One of Smash's main draws is the characters. That's hard to top of course. But the accessibility and four player mayhem adds to that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some of ZeRo's out of tourney behavior is clearly an issue.

But the man still worked hard to get to the level he's at. Mad props for his dedication. Same with what he said about his scarf. It makes me proud as a human being to see people give props to their parents for helping them in life. Man deserves respect for that.

As for the twitter thing, if people were seriously "begging him to lose", then I feel for the guy. Nobody should have to deal with that kind of bull****. Show some credit where it's due and respect players for working their hardest. I'm all for variety in top characters/players. But that should be done either by balance patches if there's a clearly dominant character, intentional bans for balance reasons, or people getting better so they can beat him. In the end, he got beat by a player who worked hard to do so. That's why I still give props to ZeRo for his hard work. Win or lose, he deserves respect as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom