• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I meant how they were going to make a movie off of it.

I know eggplants are ***** dude.
I didn't.

I always thought that it was just there because eggplants are weird and strange.

I mean, have you ever held a raw eggplant? It's a giant purple thing that is lighter than it looks and feels like rubber.

Eggplants are strange.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest...

We probably shouldn't criticize them for the **** joke part...

Cause uh...

Well look at us...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eggplant Emoji isn't related to The Emoji Movie. It's an unrelated film...about a severed ****.

Whether that makes it better or worse is up to interpretation. It's just called "Eggplant Emoji."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can wiimy waamy now.

IMG_20170714_205703.jpg

Well, not just yet apparently. I'll look for times I can play soon.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I find the flash game, Trigger Knight to be one of few flash games that actually feel sad about. I mean, the main character (Just called Knight) has to suffer of endlessly fight random monsters and run for maybe for the rest of her life because if she doesn't she'll stop existing forever, so she simply can't do anything else and take even a break or else she will die.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be honest...

We probably shouldn't criticize them for the **** joke part...

Cause uh...

Well look at us...
As a amateur when it come to writting. I refuse to forgive them for doing **** joke like that. They are a professional company for **** sake. They are not just some random dudes on the internet. They are supposed to sell this **** to peoples! LOTS OF PEOPLES AROUND THE WORLD! And they think that peoples are going to like what they made? Or watch it for that matter?

Look, there is ****posting, and then there is just ****. And that's what the Emoji Film and this futur Netflix series are going like: absolute ****.
My point is, I take the humor of this thread over 100 Emoji Film, period. (But also because I love you guys.:cheep:)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, **** jokes can be amazing in films and such, but a whoke movie on a severed penis sounds awful.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can wiimy waamy now.

View attachment 131547

Well, not just yet apparently. I'll look for times I can play soon.
Hey, if you haven't looked it up already, I got your back. You're UK, right?

Remember, you get four hours to play from when it starts.

They seem to have changed it so the Splatfest has normal stage rotation though, so you might want to catch it both during the first two hours and during the latter two hours because each half of the Splatfest has it's own two stages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As a amateur when it come to writting. I refuse to forgive them for doing **** joke like that. They are a professional company for **** sake. They are not just some random dudes on the internet. They are supposed to sell this **** to peoples! LOTS OF PEOPLES AROUND THE WORLD! And they think that peoples are going to like what they made? Or watch it for that matter?

Look, there is ****posting, and then there is just ****. And that's what the Emoji Film and this futur Netflix series are going like: absolute ****.
My point is, I take the humor of this thread over 100 Emoji Film, period. (But also because I love you guys.:cheep:)
I mean...it seems like it's trying to be a fairly harmless shock comedy animated film, in the same way Sausage Party was.

The premise is a group of teenage guys go camping and one of them accidentally cuts off his penis, and the rest of the group tries to save him before it's too late. Dumb, yes, but it's a Ben Stiller film so that was a given. You're acting like it's the literal antichrist.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The stages and weapons for tomorrow's Splatfest have been revealed:

First two hours: Starfish Mainstage + Inkblot Art Academy
Last two hours: Moray Towers + Humpback Pump Track
  1. Main Weapon: Tentatek Splattershot
    1. Sub-Weapon: Splat Bomb
    2. Special Weapon: Inkjet
  2. Main Weapon: Splat Roller
    1. Sub-Weapon: Curling Bomb
    2. Special Weapon: Splashdown
  3. Main Weapon: Splat Charger
    1. Sub-Weapon: Splat Bomb
    2. Special Weapon: Sting Ray
  4. Main Weapon: Splat Dualies
    1. Sub-Weapon: Burst Bomb
    2. Special Weapon: Tenta Missiles
Note these were only revealed for Europe & Japan but it's a safe bet North America will be the same.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tfw you're typing a response to something and just before you send it your conscience realizes how vile it is.

Jesus if I was less decent I could have a field day with this eggplant movie thing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean...it seems like it's trying to be a fairly harmless shock comedy animated film, in the same way Sausage Party was.

The premise is a group of teenage guys go camping and one of them accidentally cuts off his penis, and the rest of the group tries to save him before it's too late. Dumb, yes, but it's a Ben Stiller film so that was a given. You're acting like it's the literal antichrist.
For the last part: yeah probably, it's late here so I tend to be less patient and more angry than usual whne it come stuff that I found stupid, but still, exaggerating aside. It just sound...awful, or at the very least, not very funny. I mean, the plot (or atleast what kickstart the plot) is about a guy penis if I understand it right?

I don't know about you, but personally, I won't watch a movie with this as the premise. I rather take Pixel over this, atleast the premise of Pixel sound good if you don't know anything about the movie. Here, this eggplant emoji movie sound mediocre at best, and unfunny at worst.

Tough, excuse me for that maybe dumb question, but who is Ben Stiller exactly? 'didn't heard this name before.

D

Deleted member

nowaa.png

This is one of the stupidest, most random movie ideas I have ever seen.
And not in a "so stupid I have to check it out" kind of way.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Severed dongs and Ben Stiller is enough for me to go to see it.

Don't @ me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tried the Blaster Master Zero demo. Seems like a really cool game. Will pick it up probably in the future, when I get a job or something and don't have to try as hard to save money for the big games.

Now Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To talk about something else, Capcom announced retro costumes for Alex, Juri and Ibuki, Suzaku Castle is returning aswell. Along with a new stage based off Final Fight that will be for the new character. And another stage that look pretty sick along with new costumes for Ryu, Guile and Ken. Tough, not enterily for Ryu and Ken, apparantly, they are old. So, tell me if it's true.

Here are the images.

'Seem pretty good so far, tough honestly, those sleeves on Juri are horrible IMO. Like. this a retro costume, why did they put this here?

Last edited:

Chrono.

To talk about something else, Capcom announced retro costumes for Alex, Juri and Ibuki, Suzaku Castle is returning aswell. Along with a new stage based off Final Fight that will be for the new character. And another stage that look pretty sick along with new costumes for Ryu, Guile and Ken.

Here are the images.

'Seem pretty good so far, tough honestly, those sleeves on Juri are horrible IMO. Like. this a retro costume, why did they put this here?
Obligatory "when are you fixing the game" tweet.

Those costumes look good, but I'm pretty sure the Ken and Ryu ones are old.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Obligatory "when are you fixing the game" tweet.

Those costumes look good, but I'm pretty sure the Ken and Ryu ones are old.
Probably, I don't know SFV costume pretty well. So it may be the case.

Still, I don't understand why they would show old costume here as if they were new but hey, whatever, it's Capcom.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Uh, nothing? I was just expressing my opinion of the rumored Fire Emblem Fates port that's apparently been around for a while. That's all.
Oh, okay. I was wondering what you were talking about....and I guess I could've just asked you what you were talking about...whatever...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To talk about something else, Capcom announced retro costumes for Alex, Juri and Ibuki, Suzaku Castle is returning aswell. Along with a new stage based off Final Fight that will be for the new character. And another stage that look pretty sick along with new costumes for Ryu, Guile and Ken.

Here are the images.

I'm not surprised the Suzaku Castle stage design isn't the same as Smash's version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun but I was out of practice. Will try again some other time.

Tried the Disgaea 5 Demo. The gameplay seems like it could get really interesting but other than that I wasn't really feeling it. Not a fan of the character designs and it's just a bit too cheesy in some ways, seems like one of those really quirky but kinda shallow anime stories. And the game is terrible at easing you in, so many cutscenes and tutorials to wade through. I got 40 minutes in and have only tried one map. Luckily, it has a save feature so I'll go back to it fresh another day.

Now I'm gonna look into accessing the Japanese eShop to try some demos from there.

Also, in case anyone wants it, my friend code:

IMG_20170714_230616.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I'm going to bed now, I already felt kinda losing my sense but now, my eyes are starting to close. So, have a nice time here. And if anything special happen to EVO when it come to annoucement. Then I hope it be big but I feel like the annoucement I want will happen either tomorrow or later. (GG and BB annoucement for the most part)

On those word, good night everyone! See ya later. ;)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To talk about something else, Capcom announced retro costumes for Alex, Juri and Ibuki, Suzaku Castle is returning aswell. Along with a new stage based off Final Fight that will be for the new character. And another stage that look pretty sick along with new costumes for Ryu, Guile and Ken. Tough, not enterily for Ryu and Ken, apparantly, they are old. So, tell me if it's true.

Here are the images.

Y'know its funny that the mod version of Classic Juri is better.

1. Are you excited for Fire Emblem Warriors? No
  2. Did you like Hyrule Warriors? Yes
  3. If you bought Hyrule Warriors, did you buy the Wii U version, the 3DS version or both? Wii U
  4. Have you played a Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors game? No
  5. Any other Musou games? One Piece Pirate Warriors, Gundam 1/2
  6. If you are not excited for Fire Emblem Warriors, what would make you interested? the DLC
  7. Are there characters that interest you in the already confirmed roster? Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Frederick
  8. Do you like Marth as a character? Yes
  9. Do you like Chrom as a character? Yes
  10. Do you like Lissa as a character? Yes
  11. Do you like Frederick as a character? Yes
  12. Do you like Robin as a character? Yes
  13. Do you like Lucina as a character? Yes
  14. Do you like Corrin as a character? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  15. Do you like Ryoma as a character? meh
  16. Do you like Xander as a character? meh
  17. Do you like any of the new characters? Literally no opinion
  18. Do you main Marth, Robin, Lucina or Corrin in Smash Bros? :4marth:
  19. Which confirmed character is your favorite? Why? Chrom. I liked him in Awakening. Fun guy with a cool moveset
  20. Which confirmed character is your least favorite? Why? Corrin. I hated Fates and Corrin was frustrating to deal with. Dont much like Ryoma either
  21. Who are your three most wanted characters? Roy, Lyn, Caeda
Answers in bold

Also regarding the eggplant discussion. . .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Here are the images.

I really hope that the new Street Fighter character is Mike Haggar, but I doubt it - they keep leaving him out of Street Fighter for some reason. (I know he'd play similarly to Zangief, but given that Street Fighter 4 alone had at least six different characters who played like Ryu (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Dan, Sakura), and Ed is a mix of Balrog and M. Bison, that doesn't seem like much of a reason to keep him out, especially since MvC3 made Haggar different)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They announced the Alex and Ibuki costumes a while ago. But I'm sure people are happy it's finally coming out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo of America Twitter is making posts on which side they're on for the Cake/Ice Cream Splatfast.

76% of Nintendo of America are Team Ice Cream. Reggie, Bill Trinen, and Doug Bowser are Ice Cream while Cynthia Gordon is Cake.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has anyone here managed to get the Dragon Quest Heroes Demo on their Switch?

I'm on the Japanese eShop but I can't get find the game, and don't seem to be able to search for it.

EDIT: Never mind, searching by price worked.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So folks. I'm in a Fire Emblem mood, so let me ask Fire Emblem Warriors questions.

1. Are you excited for Fire Emblem Warriors?
  2. Did you like Hyrule Warriors?
  3. If you bought Hyrule Warriors, did you buy the Wii U version, the 3DS version or both?
  4. Have you played a Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors game?
  5. Any other Musou games?
  6. If you are not excited for Fire Emblem Warriors, what would make you interested?
  7. Are there characters that interest you in the already confirmed roster?
  8. Do you like Marth as a character?
  9. Do you like Chrom as a character?
  10. Do you like Lissa as a character?
  11. Do you like Frederick as a character?
  12. Do you like Robin as a character?
  13. Do you like Lucina as a character?
  14. Do you like Corrin as a character?
  15. Do you like Ryoma as a character?
  16. Do you like Xander as a character?
  17. Do you like any of the new characters?
  18. Do you main Marth, Robin, Lucina or Corrin in Smash Bros?
  19. Which confirmed character is your favorite? Why?
  20. Which confirmed character is your least favorite? Why?
  21. Who are your three most wanted characters?

That'll do. I know we have lots of Fire Emblem fans in here, so let's so what you think.
1] I'm excited for everything but the gameplay.
2] I liked it, but dropped it quickly after beating it. Not a fan of how objective based it is, and it's why I'm somewhat sceptical over FEW.
3) Wii U.
4: I have 2, and played some of the later ones, alongside that awful mobile game that just came out.
5: Nope.
7: Chrom, Lucina and Marth interest me with how they'll play.
8-14: Yes.
15-16: They're okay.
17: I'll judge them character wise when I play the game. From a character design and uniqueness view, not at all.
18: Marth is my Melee main when i rarely decide to play it, and a secondary in 4.
19: Chrom, because the game made him cool again so did Sharp FE but only to people who played it.
20: Xander and Ryoma, because as mentioned, they're just okay to me. Neither of them are Fates characters I had interest in playing like Azura.
21: I pretend Tiki is confirmed because of that amiibo. So after her it's Caeda, Aoi Itsuki, and Ike. If any character ever could be possible, replace Ike with Mia.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Watching some Smash 4 EVO pools. Duffo's Mac got an awesome KO Punch at the end.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Oh, okay. I was wondering what you were talking about....and I guess I could've just asked you what you were talking about...whatever...
Did I do something? I'm confused what you meant when you said you could've just asked me.

I said nothing b/c there is no other info regarding the rumored port other than it existence. It may be more so I just found it out last night since it's been out for a while. I don't know anything else being discussed here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom