• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ummm... I have no clue what you're on about here. Companies paying employees more is a good thing, you don't NEED to print new money for it, as the corporations already HAVE the money, which they'll get back. Everyone benefits then, as again, money being spent is money going into the economy. Again, rich ****s keeping their money to themselves and doing nothing with it HURT the economy
It forces smaller companies out of business only allowing large corporations to succeed.

It's not taking more money from the corporation as their profits are going up because of it.

This is like the gamble I was talking about. The companies are willing to take a short term hit in order to gain a long term gain as their competitors are forced out of business and the customers only have them as an option.

It 's just going to lead in the creation of monopolies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It forces smaller companies out of business only allowing large corporations to succeed.

It's not taking more money from the corporation as their profits are going up because of it.

This is like the gamble I was talking about. The companies are willing to take a short term hit in order to gain a long term gain as their competitors are forced out of business and the customers only have them as an option.

It 's just going to lead in the creation of monopolies.
It's not nearly as much of a gamble, a gamble is a wildcard and needs luck. This is just common knowledge. I brought up trickle-down economics earlier, and even idiots who believe it works or try promoting it have the same endgoal, only difference is trickle-down absolutely does not work

D

Deleted member

How about you all shut up about pay wages and **** and just start your own Communist Revolution™?
Sounds easier and less greedy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The more money you charge a company will only result in companies that already have lots of money surviving. Competition is the only real way to stop the corruption of corporations so we need to create an atmosphere where competition can become successful

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The more money you charge a company will only result in companies that already have lots of money surviving. Competition is the only real way to stop the corruption of corporations so we need to create an atmosphere where competition can become successful
I'm not saying charge the companies, but charge the rich old ****s like the US president who keep asking for tax cuts despite not deserving them

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not saying charge the companies, but charge the rich old ****s like the US president who keep asking for tax cuts despite not deserving them
The problem with corporate taxes is that large corporations don't actually pay them but if you increase corporate taxes small companies that are trying to compete do have to pay them. My grandpa used to own his own little food shop but taxes forced him out of business.

There has to be some kind of compromise where smaller companies aren't forced out of business because of high taxes but at the same time other companies can't get out of paying taxes

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think a good start would be to get these people to pay their taxes in the first place. You can make as many tax laws as you want, but if they ain't paying then it all falls flat. President I Don't Need To Show My Tax Returns would have a far redder butt from that paddling than a couple extra taxes he's going to ignore.

Really it boils down to the heart of the problem: it doesn't matter what economic system you're using, someone's inevitably going to cheat it and cause the whole thing to slowly but surely derail. Money and shared resources alike are based off of a faith in others that our species and sapient life in general frankly don't deserve.

Obviously society is a mess, wages should be higher (let's hope inflation doesn't counterbalance the attempt), etc. etc. but there needs to be an appropriate concept in place for what should be done that accounts for both the present stage of society and the future and I don't trust there to be enough brainpower in the world for that even without the legal system being the equivalent of what happens when you get a string tangled up. And there needs to be a system in place that can actually keep an eye on things to make sure no one is cheating the game on top of that, which is next to impossible even without the government being rotten from the top down.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's 2017 and y'all still think capitalism is good?
I believe it's government interference that's causing capitalism in the US to have problems

Communist countries aren't exactly doing well (Venezuela) and China has been forced to add capitalist ideals in order to be successful

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's 2017 and y'all still think government regulations are bad?
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

What next? Anthropogenic climate change is a hoax?

---

Anyways, I told myself I wouldn't delve into this, so it's time for me to back out. Deuces

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's 2017 and y'all still think capitalism is good?
It's 2017 and we're using the phrase "it's 2017?"

There seems to be an inherent assumption across the internet that on January 1st, 2017, all form of thought that one considers stupid would instantly vanish to never be seen again. Which considering a large chunk of the issues debated have been going on for thousands of years already isn't really. . .a thing.

There is no such thing as a "good" economic system. Society functions by crushing the many for the luxury of the few, attempting to correct it results in crushing even more for the luxury of even fewer. Humans are corrupted, and contrary to our species wide guilt complex we aren't unique in that either. Life on this planet is horrid and heartless down to the very pond scum we cough up.

Automation -should- be the answer to the problem by simply dropping the working class out of the equation all together, but since society is idiotic it will probably go horribly and result in even more people suffering instead of allowing everyone to have basic food and comfort without significant concern like it should.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just say tax the **** out of the rich. No one needs to be as rich as some of these people are.

Cut defense spending in half, tax the **** out of the rich, make all public universities tuition free, invest in green energy (build some nuclear plants, end fossil fuel production, use nuclear as a buffer until more sustainable methods like wind and solar become more commonplace, profit).

Basically do whatever the goblin in the Oval Office wouldn't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's 2017 and y'all still think government regulations are bad?
View attachment 131519
What next? Anthropogenic climate change is a hoax?

---

Anyways, I told myself I wouldn't delve into this, so it's time for me to back out. Deuces
Regulations from a corrupt government are just going to help the corrupt and restrict the innocent

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I believe it's government interference that's causing capitalism in the US to have problems

Communist countries aren't exactly doing well (Venezuela) and China has been forced to add capitalist ideals in order to be successful
you dont think vz has issues with too much gvmnt interference? the leader is a bougie **** who dances while he sends out the military to shoot civvies, just like all of our presidents

It's 2017 and we're using the phrase "it's 2017?"

There seems to be an inherent assumption across the internet that on January 1st, 2017, all form of thought that one considers stupid would instantly vanish to never be seen again. Which considering a large chunk of the issues debated have been going on for thousands of years already isn't really. . .a thing.

There is no such thing as a "good" economic system. Society functions by crushing the many for the luxury of the few, attempting to correct it results in crushing even more for the luxury of even fewer. Humans are corrupted, and contrary to our species wide guilt complex we aren't unique in that either. Life on this planet is horrid and heartless down to the very pond scum we cough up.

Automation -should- be the answer to the problem by simply dropping the working class out of the equation all together, but since society is idiotic it will probably go horribly and result in even more people suffering instead of allowing everyone to have basic food and comfort without significant concern like it should.
its most certainly not the answer when there are millions of people in the world in poverty with nowhere to go due to the crumbling infastructure

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you dont think vz has issues with too much gvmnt interference? the leader is a bougie **** who dances while he sends out the military to shoot civvies, just like all of our presidents

its most certainly not the answer when there are millions of people in the world in poverty with nowhere to go due to the crumbling infastructure
Of course it's going to have government interference, it's communist. That's what communism is

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Of course it's going to have government interference, it's communist. That's what communism is
owned
rly the answer is to start an ancom society but people love their money more than ethics or sympathy for the poor

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
owned
rly the answer is to start an ancom society but people love their money more than ethics or sympathy for the poor
Ancom is a fantasy society

Ancap would work better in real life

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Hence why I said it's probably just going to make things even worse because society is idiotic.

If factories could exist that could make food without human interference, you'd think someone would set up some of them to make food for everyone. Instead the majority of the population gets to starve while Lays will charge $20 for a bag of potato chips.

The only thing humanity is good at is being a collective failure and if we wipe ourselves out as a species then frankly we probably deserve it.

. . .

Crud, can't we just go back to positive topics?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly this debate is never gonna truly end and the real answer is to have a computer run equations and figure out which economic system is going to shoot society in the foot the least.

Although either way rooting government out of it and establishing a basic set of ethics would probably be for the best regardless of the route, politics is a freaking reality show and the other options for government go downhill from there.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only way ancom could work is if we had the technology of star trek and had all our needs taken care of, but that universe even then isn't the utopia it wants you to believe in the beginning. (not the perfect example since they had governments)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
owned
Basically yeah?

Unless you can get rid of the self serving interest of humanity I don't see communism or especially anarchy working.

And the self serving interest is biologically engrained into us, just like any other animal.

It stinks but that's how it is.

I mean, if you saw 20 bucks on the street, with no one around, can anyone confidently say they'd take it to lost and found?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The only way ancom could work is if we had the technology of star trek and had all our needs taken care of, but that universe even then isn't the utopia it wants you to believe in the beginning. (not the perfect example since they had governments)
maybe we'd have that if we didnt pump so much $$ into the world police

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think pumping money into it is going to make interstellar space travel any easier.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even then I don't see how that wouldn't make the majority of people completely fat and lazy and completely dependent on technology and/or hedonistic.

It would turn humanity into an infantile species

I think they have a few episodes in star trek about this despite their love of communism

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We're gonna at least have the tech for that soon anyway, it's just it'll be in the hands of corporations and they'll be more concerned about the bottom line than human lives.

Doesn't mean a government couldn't hypothetically slip some of that tech into their own hands and set some of it up themselves anyway after the fact, but the space age dream is gonna start with machines being cheaper than staff and it's going to have some hellish growing pains if we even survive it.

Even then I don't see how that wouldn't make the majority of people completely fat and lazy and completely dependent on technology and/or hedonistic.

It would turn humanity into an infantile species

I think they have a few episodes in star trek about this despite their love of communism
TBF we're already pretty much at that stage in first world countries anyway, hence all the fat American jokes.

Society has always about the few shoving the majority forward against all odds, and so it would continue into infinity. Whether we're the cogs in a useless machine or sitting to the side while the machine works for us, what most of us do is going to be pretty much useless and the vast majority of us are going to be forgotten when we die never to be remembered again barring some descendant obsessed with family trees at some point in the bloodline.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBF we're already pretty much at that stage in first world countries anyway, hence all the fat American jokes.
Yes, I know. I was actually going to mention that, lol

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how politics end back at the plots of Star Trek and WallE

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I like how politics end back at the plots of Star Trek and WallE
LOOOOOL I was just thinking "Wait, how did we end at the plot of Wall-E with all this?"

As Cinemasins quipped, though, we all know there'd be that group of fitness fanatics doing laps mixed in there.

Humans are dumb, but at the end of the day there's always gonna be someone obsessed with some niche. There will always be survivalists to carry on when the world collapses, there will always be health conscious people to carry on when the world grows fat, there will always be intelligent people to carry on as people increasingly grow stupid.

As every bad thing perpetuates into eternity, so does every good thing. Humans are a paradox of sins and virtues, and while most of us will probably die horribly the species as a whole has too much moxie to just roll over no matter what fate awaits us.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Whats the topic right now? Im focuing more on a person playing FFXII: The Zodiac Age

Did you do the radio tower? I think I kept dying there and raged
I've played every stage. Some I got to the boss some I didnt.

I think I couldn't get to the radio tower boss though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well in other subjects...

I was just thinking about Pokemon for Switch.

Do you guys think the graphical upgrade will be huge?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only cheese I like is American and Swiss. Chedder is too thick and leaves a meh taste in my mouth. Too much flavor to handle. Pepperjack is a bit better, but just not for me.

Cheese dip is another story. But I haven't had enough lately to really judge which kinds I'd like. My taste buds sometimes change, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom