• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pepper jack is the best cheese by far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Who wants to ply smash bros 4? I'm bored and lonely
I feel like considering a lot of the thread regulars here this is probably gonna get swarmed with "meh I don't play Smash" comments or else just get ignored so. . .sure, I'll take you up on it. I'm horrendously out of practice and was never any good in the first place, but a little Smash never hurt anyone.

My Wii U Nintendo Network ID is the same as my username here, so if you want to send a Friend Request to get started just type that in.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unfortunately these are not the case. It's a marketing campaign for the dasuki club.They will be showcasing various space themed mysterious and strange moments from the anime.
If that translates to Ultra Beast merch Im pretty fine with it.
I just want my Nihilego plush, man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, the argument with net neutrality seems to be

Who do you want to have control of the internet

The government or large corporations

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I did what now?
Red eats cities. You like vore. I'm doing you a favour Kurr
So, the argument with net neutrality seems to be

Who do you want to have control of the internet

The government or large corporations
Large corporations screw up the internet far worse than the government could. If you don't have a certain provider, you wouldn't be able to visit sites as easily as others. That's not good at all

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, you know what I think my brain skipped town for a second there, Silver117 Silver117 I sent you a Friend Request.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Pokémon Japanese channel went spooky and uploaded a video about all the weird stuff related to aliens, interdimensional travel that happened in the games.
Nothing new atm, but something called "Pokémon Mystery File" will be released on Jul 19. Probably the best shot for new USUM info right now.
Odd they had a Pokéstar Studios scene when it's just a movie thing (I know it's about creepy/mysterious themes but still).

Unless the "Pokémon" from Pokéstar Studios are now being canon :upsidedown:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
B-But that's not how I enjoy my vore!

---

ISPs wouldn't so bad if it wasn't for the fact that in the majority of places you only have the choice between one ISP. And when there's a competitor, it's something small and ****ty.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Large corporations screw up the internet far worse than the government could. If you don't have a certain provider, you wouldn't be able to visit sites as easily as others. That's not good at all
There seems to be a lot of people that THINK that bad service providers would allow the free and open market to allow someone new to come along and create a service that would correct it or force the companies out of business.

Technically that COULD be true. For example, Western Union and Moneygram used to have insane fees to send money between states but Walmart created their own service with prices that was significantly lower. To send $1000 it used to cost $50, Walmart's service allowed $900 to send for $9 (Then they just send the remaining money through moneygram but that was still less than half the fee) This forced Moneygram to lower their prices which also forced Western Union to lower their prices

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If that translates to Ultra Beast merch Im pretty fine with it.
I just want my Nihilego plush, man.
I forgot that it covers the games too, so we may see some UB merch or special games and stuff surrounding them on their website.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some on Reddit translated the weird Pokémon video:

Title
Pokémon Mystery File

Subtitle
A world of Pokémon you don't know

Is this a time slip? Is it manipulating time? It came from the moon? Is it a space virus? Is this an encounter with aliens?

Dialog
Thank you. With the power it has received from your Solrock it looks like it can return home... to the sky! Is this a UFO appearance? Is this an alien invasion?

Commentary
The battle with the alien invader has begun! Is this the underside of this world? Is this a puzzle of ancient relics? Is this an attack from a parallel universe? Is it possessing humans?

Written in Unown
Is something happening?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, thinking about it

Government interference encourages companies to go corrupt and start monopolizing.

Without government interference, in the short term the companies would go corrupt but in the LONG term it would encourage competition to change them or force them out of business

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually, thinking about it

Government interference encourages companies to go corrupt and start monopolizing.

Without government interference, in the short term the companies would go corrupt but in the LONG term it would encourage competition to change them or force them out of business
There shouldn't be competition based on "You can't use Youtube, Google, Netflix, eBay, etc. anymore unless you buy from us!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There shouldn't be competition based on "You can't use Youtube, Google, Netflix, eBay, etc. anymore unless you buy from us!"
That would really only be a short term problem. In the long term it would break up the corporate monopolies and probably end up with us having better services overall

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That would really only be a short term problem. In the long term it would break up the corporate monopolies and probably end up with us having better services overall
It's not a short term problem as everyone either gets screwed or only one company ends up staying, meaning it pretty much becomes the exact ****ing same as the government only taking a long ass time. The people who think this is a good idea believe that trickle-down economics work too

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not a short term problem as everyone either gets screwed or only one company ends up staying, meaning it pretty much becomes the exact ****ing same as the government only taking a long *** time. The people who think this is a good idea believe that trickle-down economics work too
I'm not sure if I completely agree with them, but I did experience a free market solution irl. So I think I can at least understand the argument.

It's like a gamble. You could have short term problems but potentially could gain long term gains.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not sure if I completely agree with them, but I did experience a free market solution irl. So I think I can at least understand the argument.

It's like a gamble. You could have short term problems but potentially could gain long term gains.
Or long term problems. Gambles can end up going VERY badly.

Speaking of economics, I remember hearing McDonalds paid minimum wage workers more than minimum wage. Because of that, they've been seeing lots of success, because all the people who work there have more money to afford a visit to a fastfood chain. More companies should think like that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
only in Salty Bet will you see a Voltorb fighting a Broli thats constantly throwing in plot in the middle of a fight. Right as he punched his final punches on Voltorb, he asked "What the hell is that?"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or long term problems. Gambles can end up going VERY badly.

Speaking of economics, I remember hearing McDonalds paid minimum wage workers more than minimum wage. Because of that, they've been seeing lots of success, because all the people who work there have more money to afford a visit to a fastfood chain. More companies should think like that
If EVERYONE paid more minimum wage, it would lower the worth of the money and raise prices of the products resulting in less sales longterm

We have that problem in our state because minimum wage is being increased massively which is resulting in prices overall increasing.

People in minimum wage that used to afford their apartments now can't because the apartments prices have increased to compensate the lowering value of the money

Edit: Although, since McDonald's prices remain constant, them and other large corporations WILL receive more money.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
im talking like, the really disgusting land o' lakes prepackaged slices
the ones that legally cannot be considered cheese
Oh, I see.

Well, I can understand in that case. I'd rather eat cheese that was prepared with care then cheese that isn't even considered to be cheese to begin with.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If EVERYONE paid more minimum wage, it would lower the worth of the money and raise prices of the products resulting in less sales longterm

We have that problem in our state because minimum wage is being increased massively which is resulting in prices overall increasing.

People in minimum wage that used to afford their apartments now can't because the apartments prices have increased to compensate the lowering value of the money
Except you're wrong because that money would go back to the companies, who them pay their employees, who then spend it at the companies. 'geld moet rollen' is what we Dutch say. Also in that case make the rich pay more taxes instead of hording their money and demanding tax cuts, the ******** are keeping it there

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Except you're wrong because that money would go back to the companies, who them pay their employees, who then spend it at the companies. 'geld moet rollen' is what we Dutch say. Also in that case make the rich pay more taxes instead of hording their money and demanding tax cuts, the ******** are keeping it there
The large companies are the only winners in that situation. It throttles the free market making it so mom and pop shops are unable to compete because they are forced to raise their prices. Not to mention other industries are either forced to raise their prices or do so because they can. Apartments, for example, will have no problem increasing the cost of rent if they are able to.

Start up companies are forced to pay increased taxes to the government and large salaries to employees so only people with LOTS AND LOTS of money and power will be able to compete

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well look what finally decided to go back in stock.

This probably means I'll be missing out on the Smash amiibo but Ireland doesn't really get amiibo anymore so feh.

IMG_20170712_214253.jpg

D

Deleted member

Why are you in France? Country's worthless, I should know, I have family there.
Because family vacation, it's not bad taking out the part that I can understand ****
Though everything looks brown and gray, like, literally.

But France ain't got Switchs on stock so >:^(

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The large companies are the only winners in that situation. It throttles the free market making it so mom and pop shops are unable to compete because they are forced to raise their prices. Not to mention other industries are either forced to raise their prices or do so because they can. Apartments, for example, will have no problem increasing the cost of rent if they are able to.

Start up companies are forced to pay increased taxes to the government and large salaries to employees so only people with LOTS AND LOTS of money and power will be able to compete
Ummm... I have no clue what you're on about here. Companies paying employees more is a good thing, you don't NEED to print new money for it, as the corporations already HAVE the money, which they'll get back. Everyone benefits then, as again, money being spent is money going into the economy. Again, rich ****s keeping their money to themselves and doing nothing with it HURT the economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom