• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pyra isn't that bad honestly.

I'm more interested in how she's written.
Pyra's significantly worse than Tharja and Camilla design wise and people won't shut up about them.

Although honestly at a certain point I can acknowledge that Pyra's design is pretty bad and still be exhausted at the dead horse being beaten. Yes, let's see what personality they actually put into sword girl.

. . .A lot sicker of the fuss over Rex's pants though. I think they loop back around to being hilarious.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pyra isn't that bad honestly.

I'm more interested in how she's written.
The quote "This blade he calls Pyra, have flames hide something deeper" in the trailer is kind of showing something...
Pyra's significantly worse than Tharja and Camilla design wise and people won't shut up about them.

Although honestly at a certain point I can acknowledge that Pyra's design is pretty bad and still be exhausted at the dead horse being beaten. Yes, let's see what personality they actually put into sword girl.

. . .A lot sicker of the fuss over Rex's pants though. I think they loop back around to being hilarious.
I personally think Pyra's design is ok, only odd thing is her dangerously short boxershorts...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone here is French or Italian? Or has enough knowledge on them? I need some help with good videogame retail stores from those countries
Here's some questions for you alll:
  • Have you ever had/currently have the experience of following a TV show/book/anime/manga/video game series where you only follow it for one specific character because he/she is the only character there you like?
  • Has something bad happened to that character (whether it'd be death, going MIA, falling into comatose, etc.) in that series to the point they haven't appeared at all for the rest/a good chunk of the series? Did that misfortune to the character make you quit the series or no? If you didn't quit the series, how did you cope with that character's misfortune (death, going MIA, falling into comatose, etc.)?
  • What do you think of people quit a series just because a certain character dies, goes MIA, or falls into comatose for a long period of time?
I've seen people on the Internet who talk about how they follow a certain series only for a certain character that they really like, and then quit when something bad happens to that character. I'm curious to see if anyone here is like that, and/or you have met people like the questions describe.
Sorta, by the point I got to Heroes' second season, the only characters I actually cared about were Claire, HRG and Hiri because the plot kept becoming a cluster**** and they were like the only characters who were still likeable to me and didn't hold a big Idiot Ball(Claire had her moments but I could always forgive her) for an entire season(hi, Peter).
Also, Ban for the first Nanatsu no Taizai arc and Escanor alongside the Ten Commandments for the second, I hate almost everyone else with the exception of Arthur who didn't do **** yet. Though the newer chapters have start to become better

Also, I don't know if it counts but one of the main reasons I started watching Fate was because of Saber since I knew she was King Arthur and I'm huge Arthur ****

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People may remember my jokes about Pyra hating pants. I do think the design is a bit silly. It's just not that bad.

But I still want to see how the character is written and I still want Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The quote "This blade he calls Pyra, have flames hide something deeper" in the trailer is kind of showing something...

I personally think Pyra's design is ok, only odd thing is her dangerously short boxershorts...
Yeah, most of her design is fine if you aren't getting hung up on the chest size, it's pretty much just the little strip of cloth. . .that manages to suffer a bit more by being sheer.

At some point you have to wonder what qualifies as pants and what qualifies as a belt with legholes with a string used in place of underpants saying hi through it.

It's not outdoing some of the designs I saw in Disgaea 5, but there's a bit of an iffy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
People may remember my jokes about Pyra hating pants. I do think the design is a bit silly. It's just not that bad.

But I still want to see how the character is written and I still want Xenoblade 2.
This isn't exaggerating, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 alone made me buy the Switch. I think the game is going to be great so far.
Also Takahashi seems to have interest of porting Xenoblade Chronicles X to Switch, hope that can happen.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So as it stands now....my current wishlist for Switch and 3DS
I suppose I'll just bandwagon here and list the games that I want to buy for 3DS and Switch.

High priority:
-Splatoon 2
-Mario Odyssey
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Plan to buy:
-FE Warriors
-FE Switch
-Pokemon USUM
-Pokken DX
-Pokemon Switch
-ARMS
-Metroid: Samus Returns
-Metroid Prime 4
-Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
-Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Might buy:
-Kirby Switch
-Yoshi Switch
-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Chrono.

Bandwagon time

Day one:
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Sonic Forces
- Sonic Mania

High priority:
- Xenoblade 2
- Splatoon 2
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Pokken Tournament DX
- Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack

Wait and see:
- ARMS
- Rocket League
- Redout
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

This is, of course, only counting titles we know significant information about. So I left out Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem 16 and Pokemon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, to prevent hangover

I had 2 bottles of gatorade last night, and I feel absolutely fine. So, gatorade really is the way to go

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Switch is FIVE FRIGGIN' MONTHS OLD and we STILL don't a web browser, Virtual Console, streaming services, or any other apps.

What the hell is taking so damn long?

Chrono.

The Switch is FIVE FRIGGIN' MONTHS OLD and we STILL don't a web browser, Virtual Console, streaming services, or any other apps.

Were we even getting a web browser?

I feel they might avoid that given all the homebrew exploits that used it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Were we even getting a web browser?

I feel they might avoid that given all the homebrew exploits that used it.
It already has a web browser ready to go, you just can't access it without hacking.

The system has already been hacked to a degree too. Saw some ARMS model and texture rips.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Nintendo's paid online service seems to have been delayed partially to make time to add streaming services, from how they talked before the Switch released I get the impression it wasn't an initial plan and now they're scrambling to negotiate it now that everyone's screaming at them. See here.

Speculating here, but the browser is probably because of hacking, but since a web applet needed to exist in order for online to work in some places and hackers weaseled around access who knows what will happen there.

Meanwhile I get the impression they may be working on rebranding or even revamping Virtual Console somehow beyond the free games, because they seem to have a general understanding of the situation but they keep dodging using the actual term for whatever they have in mind.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And we know what happens to things like that, no one ends up happy at all
To be honest, I don't see how anyone can react worse than neutral to Netflix.

Now, the situation with Virtual Console on the other hand. . .yeah no matter what their solution there is people are asking for something they don't actually want. The fanbase was already seething at them for so much as hypothetically "rewarding us loyal Wii U owners by giving us Switch copies of all of our games for free" before the wait made the fandom turn from bashing them for likely charging again to bashing them for not announcing it already so they could bash them some more.

Virtual Console is a tantrum wrapped in a fit wrapped in entitlement.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's going to be a Switch exploit regardless of whatever Nintendo puts on the console because there's always a demand for modding.

Besides the Switch already has an exploit to use a browser

But I want an official one

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've gone out for a bit so I missed the conversation, but lewd outfits aren't exactly new to Xeno games in general...

Ideally Pyra could've been designed better, but a character shouldn't be defined by their design alone (though it is something that should be reflective of their personality to a certain extent)...I feel like at this point if they edit her design then we'll get 'censorship' complaints to deal with to it's whatever...

I'm not buying the game because of booty shorts regardless...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Switch/3DS priority list, only consideting 2017 titles(I think MSR is this year)

"You'd have to kill me to convince me otherwise" priority:
-Etrian Odyssey V

High priority:
-An actual Switch
-Zelda BotW
-Fate/Extella
-Metroid Samus Returns

"If it actually has a good roster it'll overlap Fate/Extella" priority:
-Fire Emblem Warriors

"If I have the money for it" priority:
-Pokemon USUM

"If it's 5 bucks and I have 30 to spare" priority:
-Ever Oasis
Time to add my opinions to the discussion! If there's blatant oversexualization like Pyra, I instantly loathe it. However, if you bring more to the table, I will forgive it or outright forget it. See Kill la Kill as a big example
My opinion on sexualization and fanservice is that: if it doesn't have a purpose, it should stay out.
Shows where the whole purpose is fanservice or are heavily focused on sexual themes are fine because it ADDS to the product.
Kill la Kill not only parodies Ecchi anime with blatant fanservice, it also uses it as an Aesop in that "you shouldn't be ashamed of your own body".

If it's tacked on in other genres it just feels unnecessary and distasteful. I don't mean showing some skin or larger-than-average assets, I mean stuff that calls attention to it and distracts from the actual story.
Nanatsu no Taizai does it to such an extent it's almost impossible to take any female characters seriously. Or Camilla as a more well-known example.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps Nintendo really took the name "Switch" a bit too seriously.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Switch/3DS priority list, only consideting 2017 titles(I think MSR is this year)

"You'd have to kill me to convince me otherwise" priority:
-Etrian Odyssey V

High priority:
-An actual Switch
-Zelda BotW
-Fate/Extella
-Metroid Samus Returns

"If it actually has a good roster it'll overlap Fate/Extella" priority:
-Fire Emblem Warriors

"If I have the money for it" priority:
-Pokemon USUM

"If it's 5 bucks and I have 30 to spare" priority:
-Ever Oasis

My opinion on sexualization and fanservice is that: if it doesn't have a purpose, it should stay out.
Shows where the whole purpose is fanservice or are heavily focused on sexual themes are fine because it ADDS to the product.
Kill la Kill not only parodies Ecchi anime with blatant fanservice, it also uses it as an Aesop in that "you shouldn't be ashamed of your own body".

If it's tacked on in other genres it just feels unnecessary and distasteful. I don't mean showing some skin or larger-than-average assets, I mean stuff that calls attention to it and distracts from the actual story.
Nanatsu no Taizai does it to such an extent it's almost impossible to take any female characters seriously. Or Camilla as a more well-known example.

I Cant take anime with fanservice seriously anymore because I could having a good time and they. suddenly throw an ass at me for no reason. Like, if its an action show, why the uneeded panty shots, why the ass shots, why the breast that defy gravity?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know that is your opinion but... it's literally impossible. Censoring Pyra's outfit could be possible though, but even that is a bit unlikely.

Sorry but my reaction on that is:
That is definitely not a reason to not buy a game, indeed. If you were to ask me about it, I personally don't care about the character design. I actually don't mind it at all. I would care about the other elements of the game instead. At least Nintendo of Europe is doing the job again like they did with the original game, so they shouldn't do massive changes unlike the last game (Xenoblade X) which was localized by Treehouse.

As for these wishlist submissions some users have already posted on here, here's my take:

Pre-ordered software / day one purchases:
- Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch

Software that may or will eventually be purchased:
- Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
- Metroid: Samus Returns - Nintendo 3DS
- Kirby for Nintendo Switch (Working Title) - Nintendo Switch

Software that I am keen on testing out:
- ARMS - Nintendo Switch

NOTE: First-party software. If there are any third-party games that pique my interest, I will mention them. As for ARMS, I'd like to try out the game if possible. Though, if I end up not liking it, I may see the $60 paid for it as a waste of money. I'm having the same level of skeptism I had with Splatoon before I got to play it in 2015. So I'll see if I end up liiking it or not.

Also, I don't see myself purchasing any more Nintendo 3DS software besides Metroid: Samus Returns. I don't really play much on my 3DS as of late. Even my Wii U console gets more usage. I'll eventualy see if there are any other games remaining on the system that I want to play, but for now, that's what I think.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bandwagon time, though I'm not limiting it to Nintendo since that would be a tiny list. Only doing confirmed 2017 games or backlog:

Money is already set aside, basically guaranteed day one
-Sonic Mania (PS4 Collector's Edition is already pre-ordered and I plan to get the Switch and PC versions as soon as I can, might actually pre-order the PC version soon)
-Sonic Forces (PS4 day one, PC version likely when it goes on sale and I build up a better PC. Skipping the Switch version because it looks lukewarm compared to the other versions and it's not the kind of game I'd play on the go anyway)
-Super Mario Odyssey

High priority, will aim for day one if the funds are there
-An actual Switch (been looking for one, preferably a grey one, but stock is terrible here)
-Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch version, unless I still can't find a Switch by the time it comes out in which case I may get the New 3DS version)
-Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Moderate priority, bound to pick up but day one is unlikely
-Splatoon 2 (this has a chance of being day one but only by virtue of the fact that the Splatoon 2 Switch bundle might be my only way of getting a Switch without travelling to the other end of the country. If I find a Switch before then, I will be waiting a couple of months on this one)
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (would be high priority but I still need to finish its Wii and Wii U predecessors)
-Yooka-Laylee (waiting to see how future updates and the Switch version hold up)
-Final Fantasy XV (my brother has it so I could just get a lend of it off him but I want to wait until the game is finished with its updates and DLC so I can go for a complete experience)
-NieR: Automata

Interest is piqued but I need more info or am willing to wait
-Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (looks good so far but I have my fair share of concerns still)
-Metroid: Samus Returns (I simply have to get around to the rest of the Metroid games, or at least play some of them. I already own some so it's just a matter of playing them).
-The entire Shantae series up to the one that came out this year
-Tekken 7 (pretty much waiting for a sale of some kind, the game isn't worth full price)

Last edited:
I am unoriginal!

Will buy no matter what
Splatoon 2
Metroid Samus Returns
Yooka Laylee
Mario Odyssey

Assuming the game isn;'t terrible for illogical reasons
Fire Emblem swtich
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
whatever the hell Retro is making

Depends on things
Mario+Rabbids kingdom battle (reviews)
FE Warriors (roster)

Whenever I get around to buying them
Hollow Knight
Disgaea 5
Axiom Verge
Other eshop titles im forgetting

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Leests

-Preordered, insta-bought before it was even announced, *incoherent cephalopod babbling*
Splatoon 2

-Probably, but I mean, I'll watch for more news just in case something goes downhill
Fire Emblem Warriors
Sonic Forces
Xenoblade 2
Kirby (Pending Friendship Name)

-??Game has a chaotic enough existence to possibly be an impulse buy??
Mario Odyssey

-Literally seen nothing so IDK what I'm supposed to think of it yet
Fire Emblem Switch

-Literally seen nothing but who am I kidding I'm probably preordering it the instant it has a name
Pokemon Switch

-Probably going to stay completely off my radar due to trashbin fandom and then end up bought anyway
*bleep* you Sola Sonica I get what I want *bleep* you

-Not even announced and probably not for years but almost definitely happening and short of a disaster already emptying my wallet
Smash Switch
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes

-My impossible hopes and dreams are more hipster than yours
Ninty please give angel cinnamon roll game it's all I needs

Enjoy your stale maymay

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we are talking about games on the Switch if we get them I'll list mine.

WOOMY:
Splatoon 2

Totally getting:
Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors

Probably getting:
Everything else

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

not gonna lie i dont see the need to have a web browser on the switch then again my tv is my pc moniter and thus negates any reason i would need anything other than the virtual console, never mind the fact i dont use any video streaming services and the most id be intrested streaming related would be a way to stream gameplay to twitch

regardless i still feel most of the things you think should be in by month 5 are a year 2-3 inclusion at the earliest
because incase you havent noticed your perfectly capeable of doing everything you want to that isnt virtual console Right now!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Who ever uses the web browser on the wii or wii u or any console?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My Switch List

Day 1:
Mania, Mania and more Mania
Odyssey
Spla2oon
Yooka-Laylee

Will get at some stage:
Kirby
Rabbids
FE Switch

Probably not unless it's on sale or gets incredible reviews:
FE Warriors
Xeno 2
Sonic Forces

I'm realising more and more that I'm essentially a Gen Wunner but for Sonic lol.

Also I'll be getting Metroid and 100% my fave game ever Superstar Saga for the 3DS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People saying that Nintendo doesn't need to add a web browser or Netflix or other kinds of infrastructure to the Switch because they wouldn't personally use them are entirely missing the point.

Need I remind people that the PS3 was the most popular Netflix streaming device back at the end of 2012 and it as well as other gaming consoles have continued to be widely used for such services.

Nintendo Switch has the very unique advantage of being a fairly powerful game console system that can be brought on the go. It would be more than capable of supporting video streaming and other such services, and being able to carry it around wherever and even set it down in tabletop mode while you watch something is a very appealing option.

Plus, as far as we know, Nintendo have been wanting to expand their reach into other mediums, such as TV shows based on their IPs which would more than likely end up on Netflix in some cases. So they'd be wise to have those services on their system so people can watch them, keeping people inside of the "Nintendo ecosystem". Hell, I'd go as far as to say they should really make their mobile games playable on Switch. I'd absolutely play FE Heroes on my Switch (that I don't have yet) instead of my phone if they did that.

Who ever uses the web browser on the wii or wii u or any console?
I did.

While the Wii browser wasn't great by any stretch, I used it back in the day when the computer was taken.

The Wii U browser was legitimately great though and for a long time, was my go to for watching YouTube videos and anime.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I watch a lot of Netflix on my Wii U mainly because it's so easy. I have a Chromecast which just sits unused.

I've never needed a web browser though because I've have my own laptop since I was 19 and going to uni.

Switch Netflix sounds cool but if I'm watching Netflix on the go it's likely to be on my laptop.

Have to agree that mobile games should be made available on the Switch. As for other apps... I don't know what else they could add. Youtube I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom