• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I used my Wii U for Netflix but it's currently suffering from the Red Flashing Light.
Having something plugged in the TV is so much easier than having to set up my PC.
I just wonder, would it require the paid online services to use it? I'm not familiar with how Sony and Microsoft handled that so sorry if it sounds like a stupid question

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I used my Wii U for Netflix but it's currently suffering from the Red Flashing Light.
Having something plugged in the TV is so much easier than having to set up my PC.
I just wonder, would it require the paid online services to use it? I'm not familiar with how Sony and Microsoft handled that so sorry if it sounds like a stupid question

PS4 lets you use Netflix and YouTube without PS Plus.

Your Netflix subscription is still needed for Netflix but that's a given.

D

Deleted member

>Fate/Extella July 25th
"Man, I can't believe I'll be coming back from my trip three days before it comes ou--"
>US release date
"Uh..."
>July 21st Europe
Oh thank god, I can get it by one day
I just wish it wasn't so hard to find Italian game stores because I need to find a good one to buy it and a Switch.
What's the Switch's standard price in Europe?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I come back from one of my usual ''I disappear for a week breaks." and the place is slightly redecorated.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>Fate/Extella July 25th
"Man, I can't believe I'll be coming back from my trip three days before it comes ou--"
>US release date
"Uh..."
>July 21st Europe
Oh thank god, I can get it by one day
I just wish it wasn't so hard to find Italian game stores because I need to find a good one to buy it and a Switch.
What's the Switch's standard price in Europe?

Dont you live in Brazil? Why you talking about Italian stores?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We could.

I got a plan.

Hey Space Stranger Space Stranger .
Space Stranger Space Stranger red has a plan.

Begin tag storm.
ATTENTION! USER [REDFEATERRAVEN] IS IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF GALACTIC POLICE FORCE CODE 56443 WITH THE DIRECT MENTION OF AN INTERGALACTIC CRIMINAL. ALL IN VIOLATION WILL BE VAPORIZED IMMEDIATELY!

Now that's done with, how are you all? I've been playing FE SoV lately and I'm heading up for the final dungeon. Might get a Switch in the next few months to join in on the Super Mario Odyssey hype.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was watching more gameplay of Samus Returns...

My anxiousness is rising...

This is going to be a long two months....Why do I do this to myself?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ATTENTION! USER [REDFEATERRAVEN] IS IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF GALACTIC POLICE FORCE CODE 56443 WITH THE DIRECT MENTION OF AN INTERGALACTIC CRIMINAL. ALL IN VIOLATION WILL BE VAPORIZED IMMEDIATELY!

Now that's done with, how are you all? I've been playing FE SoV lately and I'm heading up for the final dungeon. Might get a Switch in the next few months to join in on the Super Mario Odyssey hype.
If you get a switch, can I add you?
Because I'm traveling there and I sure as hell ain't buying anything game-related here in Brazil unless it's my only option because holy **** have you seen these prices?

I think I read somewhere that on the italian gamestop, the switch is at 329€

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't use any streaming services on my Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems. I personally never cared much for them, and use them as video game consoles only. That's what their main purpose is supposed to be, anyway. Though I guess the option is cool for the one that likes those services. I sometimes end up using the Internet Browser on both systems, but not too much honestly.

I actually like the fact that Nintendo Switch omits these features to focus on video game software only, though I must be the only one who is stuck in the 80s and 90s. They did say they'll eventually be released on the system, however.

Nothing much, really. I completed the Main Quest in Breath of the Wild last week, and I'm trying to go find all 120 Shrines. I'm not too concerned about the Korok Seeds. I'm waiting for Splatoon 2 to launch, but there's the Splatfest on the 15th, so that'll do in the meantime.

Windstar, how are we gonna do that? I could've sworn one of my friends at my university told me that Nintendo made a copyright claim on AM2R that actually went through.
Lots of people must've mirrored the file in various websites.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dunno. You could play AM2R, if that'll help any.
I could, even though I currently don't have a controller compatible with the game...I've been thinking of running through Zero Mission or Super Metroid again actually...Fusion as well...

I'm just anxious for a brand new Metroid game that I'll be able to play, barring spinoffs (aka Fed Force) the last game I've played through blind was Other M, and the last before than wasn't since Prime 2 so a brand new Metroid game coming this soon but still so far away is just making me anxious...even though I pretty much know how the jist of what the game is about since I've played both the original and AM2R...

Windstar, how are we gonna do that? According to one of my friends at my university, Nintendo made a copyright claim on AM2R that actually went through, and they had to take it down.
The game is still available for download all over the net if you look for it...plus I still have the game downloaded on my laptop anyway (though I don't have an Xbox controller to play it currently I had to borrow my buddy's), so availability isn't a problem for me...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The game is still available for download all over the net if you look for it...plus I still have the game downloaded on my laptop anyway (though I don't have an Xbox controller to play it currently I had to borrow my buddy's), so availability isn't a problem for me...
Well the thing is I've never been one to play hack games or non-nintendo remakes of nintendo games, but even if I was to consider it, I'm not going to be home from vacation with my wife until next sunday.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well the thing is I've never been one to play hack games or non-nintendo remakes of nintendo games, but even if I was to consider it, I'm not going to be home from vacation with my wife until next sunday.
Okay, I need to ask.

Why is it that in every one of your posts, you mention you're married, even when it isn't relevant to the rest of the post in the slightest?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I got 36 bucks to spare on my Switch's eshop...and I'm having a hard time figuring out which games I should get...

These are the games on my shortlist currently:
Shantae 1/2GH
Master Blaster Zero
Thumper
Tumbleseed
Kamiko
Graceful Explosion Machine
Fast RMX

It's one of those moments where I'm like, I'm fine with spending money on something but if I spend money on one thing that means I won't be able to get something else...even though I could just put more money on the eshop later but still...

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Okay, I need to ask.

Why is it that in every one of your posts, you mention you're married, even when it isn't relevant to the rest of the post in the slightest?
Searching for the slightest clue as to what you were talking about, it made a lot more sense after I clicked "Show Ignored Content". Forgot all about that.

And what the **** is up with that avatar, Cliff?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And what the **** is up with that avatar?
Is this better, Quilt? Lol that's another thing I hate about having ADHD. Everytime I want to change my avatar, I'm WAY too indesicive.

That was my name, once. But I threw it away.

Moving on, I still can't believe I haven't even played this copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I bought a few days ago.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Searching for the slightest clue as to what you were talking about, it made a lot more sense after I clicked "Show Ignored Content". Forgot all about that.

And what the **** is up with that avatar, Cliff?
Wha-

Oooh, I didn't notice the first time I read his post, that's the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Uhm. . .they're a little. . .young for that kind of art. Pretty sure they're all still in elementary school, so. . .

. . .

Between the avatar and his being named after an OC, he honestly looks like he's about 120% a Deviantart Sonic fan in pretty much every way except for one obvious complication.

Silver117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaronsoto117
Oh crap, a new dude joined the social? I missed him, darn it. Well, might as well make up for lost time.

Welcome to the Social Cafe, Silver117 Silver117 ! We have coffee, soda, beer (21+), lemonade, hot chocolate, and even blood exclusive to paying vampires! Oh yeah, btw, we have free Wi-Fi. Enjoy your stay, at the Social Cafe!

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , I didn't miss any beverages, did I?
Aw thanks sir and may I have a cup of coffee half coffee half milk pls thanks and I will also take a lemonade thank you^^
I really want to try some beer but I'm to young

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hey this is cool, I hadn't seen all the victory poses yet and yes that is important to me.

Another thing I didn't know is that Goku can do his Ultimate without going SSJ3 (could be like Gohan where you can waste an extra 2 bars for the Ultimate to be stronger?)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm...

Having ten different things to finish becomes a lot more daunting when your mind is wired to see all of them at once and limit your ability to focus on one at a time...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sub-Zero is coming out soon for Injustice 2 for those who don't know. I might get him at some point, since he was always my favorite MK character.

D

Deleted member

If the Switch continues to sell well, do you expect more third-party support, particularly from non-indie third-parties?

There has been a lot of concern about third-party support being a repeat of the Wii U which is a console only for Nintendo games (even more so than the N64). Right now, the Switch is selling well but admittedly third-party support can use a lot of work.

That said, I believe that we will see improvement in third-party support for the Switch barring a sharp drop in sales for consoles. Once the 3DS and Vita drop out, the Switch will be the best avenue for mid-tier third-party and Japanese support, especially when considering development costs for PS4, Xbox One and especially PC. There is also the advantage of the Switch being a hybrid console (portable and home console) so gamers can take their games anywhere. This resembles the current Japanese gaming market which may get more Japanese third-parties on board.

I doubt we will see most games with Triple A budgets from western third-parties since the Switch likely cannot run them without significantly downgrading the game. But if we can get an unique third-party library with exclusives to the Switch, it will still be solid for Nintendo fans.

Regardless, Nintendo needs third-party support and it needs good support. Nintendo loses badly every time they do not come.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That is definitely not a reason to not buy a game, indeed. If you were to ask me about it, I personally don't care about the character design. I actually don't mind it at all. I would care about the other elements of the game instead. At least Nintendo of Europe is doing the job again like they did with the original game, so they shouldn't do massive changes unlike the last game (Xenoblade X) which was localized by Treehouse.

As for these wishlist submissions some users have already posted on here, here's my take:

Pre-ordered software / day one purchases:
- Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch

Software that may or will eventually be purchased:
- Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
- Metroid: Samus Returns - Nintendo 3DS
- Kirby for Nintendo Switch (Working Title) - Nintendo Switch

Software that I am keen on testing out:
- ARMS - Nintendo Switch

NOTE: First-party software. If there are any third-party games that pique my interest, I will mention them. As for ARMS, I'd like to try out the game if possible. Though, if I end up not liking it, I may see the $60 paid for it as a waste of money. I'm having the same level of skeptism I had with Splatoon before I got to play it in 2015. So I'll see if I end up liiking it or not.

Also, I don't see myself purchasing any more Nintendo 3DS software besides Metroid: Samus Returns. I don't really play much on my 3DS as of late. Even my Wii U console gets more usage. I'll eventualy see if there are any other games remaining on the system that I want to play, but for now, that's what I think.
True, however, even though it is not a reason for most of us I regard that as a legit but not good reason.
And so far the only game I purchase is Cave Story + and still playing that game since it's pretty fun. Totally worth it under 30$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom