• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Life is a series of one shot chances. If you don't take it, you could very well just lose

Edit: Most of my life I chose the safe route and always lost

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
We really shouldn't just be tossing out compliments towards people we don't know regardless. For some people it's nice, for many other, it's hella uncomfortable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How do you tell a girl with a boyfriend she is cute?
This is one of those questions that makes me tighten my metaphorical filter from spewing sarcastic crap. :4gaw:

To answer you're question, you just say she's cute. Thats it. Do I recommend it? No, because its disrespectful against their relationship.
Don't care about him, and I'm tougher

I'm bulk
...tightening the filter again... :4gaw:
We really shouldn't just be tossing out compliments towards people we don't know regardless. For some people it's nice, for many other, it's hella uncomfortable.
You look nice Kurri. :nessmelee:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Life is a series of one shot chances. If you don't take it, you could very well just lose
Isnt that how some people get in deep doo doo?
I'm the exact opposite. I hate cities. Too much noise, too many people, too many buildings.
You would love it in Virginia Beach then, you wanna trade places? What city do you live in?
If its anywhere in texas, you can keep it

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I live in the country but I've been on both sides. I like where I live. I lived here my entire childhood.

Its not in Texas.
You sound like me and Virginia Beach. lived here all my life, sure we have wack ass weather and the street I live on is silent but I couldnt bare to move. My mom took me and moved once to Chesapeake but moved back to Virginia Beach because that place caused me to get depression as a kid

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You sound like me and Virginia Beach. lived here all my life, sure we have wack *** weather and the street I live on is silent but I couldnt bare to move. My mom took me and moved once to Chesapeake but moved back to Virginia Beach because that place caused me to get depression as a kid
Where I live isn't near people. We have two neighbors. Three if the guy up the road is on vacation. All there is to hear is the creek next to the house, the wind picking up from time to time, and the chirping of birds.

That bliss versus beeping horns, yelling people? I wouldn't want it any other way.
Ah, thank you.
Yee~

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Where I live isn't near people. We have two neighbors. Three if the guy up the road is on vacation. All there is to hear is the creek next to the house, the wind picking up from time to time, and the chirping of birds.

That solitude versus beeping horns, yelling people? I wouldn't want it any other way.
You know the best thing to sleep to? Rain storms, a good rain and a few rumbles of thunder is amazing....as long as the gods dont decide to clap their hands right outside my window and scare my soul out of my body that is

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
DBSuper keeps getting intense:

-Goku and Vegeta basically roflstomped the whole Zootopia movie.
-Goku keeps showing he's moron on normal stuff, but a genius at battles by developing an aura that negates Lavenda's poison.
-Frieza made a dude quit by threaten him with torture.
-Angels can be evil, man.
-RIP in ****ing pieces, Universe 9.

Last edited:

Chrono.

-Goku keeps showing he's moron on normal stuff, but a genius at battles by developing an aura that negates Lavenda's poison.
Wish the summaries hadn't spoiled this, but Universe 9 was one of the more likely ones to get blown out at first anyway.

The way it suddenly happened makes me think they'll be brought back anyway.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I played BotW on my brother's Switch again. Got a couple of hours out of it but it had to charge.

I'm getting more used to the feel of handheld mode. I would have tried the TV mode with both the Joy-Con grip and my Pro Controller but my sister was using the TV.

I mostly just climbed stuff and mucked around with some enemies. Kept blowing them off cliffs with bombs. Also ran into a Steppe Talus.

I explored quite a bit but I don't know how much it is in the grand scheme of things. I did hit a "you can't go here" barrier though which was a little disappointing.
Welp, so, RE:Creators OP 2 is GOAT
Oh hey, two new characters, where is Charon tho
Also, SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THIS WOMAN A HUG

I have already heard the new OP2 in the new album, man it's good.
The new girl character look slightly a bit like Mamika... just saying. As for right now though, Mamika is still better than her.
I like the other dude though, but his story looks a bit tragedy cliche.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of our group has apparently been rufeed an ambulance just picked her up

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wish the summaries hadn't spoiled this, but Universe 9 was one of the more likely ones to get blown out at first anyway.

The way it suddenly happened makes me think they'll be brought back anyway.
Yeah, as soon as I saw the summary and the title it was pretty much a given seeing that they basically threw their whole team at Goku last episode, not the most brilliant of plans there.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they came back, I get the feeling they're building up to something with this multiverse idea and I don't think they'll just use it for the tournament, so I could see them being revived and they do something with the bunch later down the road. With that said I'm more curious about Mojito's smile, granted I'm sure anyone would be happy to be rid of that Supreme Kai, but the way it was presented was still a bit too unsettling.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I got the Spider-man Legacy Collection the other day. I've been going through each and judging each on it's own merits.

Obviously I'm not going to talk about them all right here because it's 2 in the morning. Holy **** though out of every villain in the entirety of the Spider-man movies Jamie Fox's Electro is by far the most useless. His character arc is literally just jealous to violence and it happens within literal seconds (yeah sure Venom is pretty much the same way in 3 but at least that can be blamed on the symbiote), he's then locked up for half of the movie only to come back as a revenge driven Harry Osborne Slave. Admittedly he does have the cool fight scenes and that crazy ass music to save him a bit but still. Like I get that they tried to portray him as a little unhinged in those fantasy flashes he has but that's just that, fantasy flashes, and shoot everyone has had a few of those.

I don't think The Amazing Spider-man 2 is as bad as people say but I think it could've been so much better if they would've focused on Electro entirely. Like, throw in the Rhyno crashing through the streets stealing whatever he was stealing in his actual battle suit and have the opening end with Spider-man finishing the battle and that's IT. No more villains, no more Rhyno, focus on Electro and wait till the very end to try and set up the Sinister Six like they oh so wanted to do. Maybe with someone who is recognizable? You know like Connors? The Lizard? Talking to Rhyno? Instead of that copout Nick Fury Man in the Shadows bull****? Throw out the Green Goblin entirely because no one's ever going to top Willem Dafoe as that character. If all of that, honestly, obvious stuff would've happened this movie could've been super super solid. Like Spider-man 1 level of solid.

I dunno, I'm glad things turned out the way they did because now Spidey is in the MCU but I can't help but think of how much of a missed opportunity this movie was. But y'know, as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

If anyone cares enough I may review the Spider-man movies including 1, 2/2.1, 3, 3 Editor's Cut, Amazing, Amazing 2, leading up to Homecoming which I'll see tomorrow night. I honestly don't know how many of you really care about my movie views but, hey, I'll put it out there.

Chrono.

So on my manga reading of Dragon Ball I'm in the middle of the Android arc.

I forgot how much Vegeta infuriated me during this.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to try the mobile version of Rayman 1.

... Yeah, some games shouldn't be playable on phones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah I saw that episode not too long ago. I really want this arc to get dubbed.

Goku mentioned that he and Gohan worked on the barrier tech for the poison. Vegeta knows it too. I wonder if that'll still come into play later or not. If Gohan might be able to use it, Will it be used for another situation? And man, Vegeta beating the living crap out of the cat lady was a bit faster than I thought. Though I do like how he made her hit Lavander.

Either way, next week is about Krillin and 18, so that should be fun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah, two things I'm impressd with about Homecoming. MCU's never been that close to saying the F word, not even the Netflix shows iirc, those being some of Peter's schoolmates talking about what they'd do to the Avengers and the other one being
Aunt May accidentally seeing Peter suit up as Spidey at the very end of the movie
The other thing being that Homecoming might have actually connected the Netflix shows to the movies!
Spoilers for Homecoming and Luke Cage
Vulture and his goons made money by selling weapons made of Chitauri tech or Ultron's arms and stuff, in Luke Cage, the Judas bullets where made with Chitauri metals

D

Deleted member

Guardians of the Galaxy becomes much better when you see it as a DnD campaign
I have already heard the new OP2 in the new album, man it's good.
The new girl character look slightly a bit like Mamika... just saying. As for right now though, Mamika is still better than her.
I like the other dude though, but his story looks a bit tragedy cliche.
Yeah but you need to see those visuals man, they're something else entirely

Pink haired girl seems to be from a Light Novel romance and/or slice of life. Dunno if she'd have any powers but if not some are speculating she's the counter to Magane

The other dude is the protagonist from Yuuya's story(first episode fanart and the ED shows him with a Stand). The one he's holding in his image is likely his sister, which, as we know from Ep13, was killed by Yuuya himself so he'll likely join Altair too

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The new MHA opening is growing on me really fast, not only the music which is already really hype but **** just look at these visuals: how they match perfectly the song, how the flow into each other and simply just how GOOD they look.
Also, I finally found out why Stain's design bothers me so much... he doesn't have a nose... why did I only notice this now and why does he not have one?

Uh... I have no comment on that
Also while making this I am finishing Gurren Laggan 15-27
Before clicking the spoiler, I have to tell you this was made while watching so it might be a little messy.
Man if that later epiode really aired 7 years later that might fit well, but of course I don't think that is a good idea
16: Just recap of the past episodes
17: Simon turned cool whereas a lot of things changed 7 years later is just... mindblowing.
Now I get why I saw Anti-Spiral Nia's artwork on danbooru... her in that suit looks...sexy I guess?
18: Man the those Muggen are just OP...
Also Gimmy and Darry sure grow up so fast...
Kiyoh having thick lips after time-skip... reminds me of Peach to some degree...
19: Rossiu is really a d**k... but you really can't blame him
20: So the moon will not only crash but cause massive destruction to the entire each? That's worse than a meteorite...
21: YoKo is just sexy and really didn't change at all despite being a teacher... (I really want to throw chalk at the wall like a bullet too when I was teaching some kids at cram school...)
22: Like every Gainex/ TRIGGER anime, it all comes to fight in outer space...
Makken and Leite... they didn't stand out much before but now they are really awesome couple (Their kids though looks so typical...)
23: Yes, nice one Gainex, having spotlight on Rossiu having deep guiltiness and nearly wanted to suicide... also they obviously ship him and Kinon... and I am absolutely fine with it.
24: Gosh... probably the saddest episodes I have watched... where a part of Gurren crew (Kid, Iraak, Zorthy, Makken, and Bakusa bros)
25: So that Death Spiral Machine is really cheating... but most of all... KITTAN NO!!!!!!!!!!!!(I still don't agree with Kittan and YoKo ship though...)
26: This episode nearly made me feel out of this world.... this was really the battle of your own will
27: This still doesn't really explain why Nia end up in the box...lol maybe Lordgonme already aware she was the made by anti-spiral so that's why he threw her away.
THE EPIC BATTLE AGAINST ANTI-SPIRAL IS SO EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! Also Lordgonme rocks!!! It's nice for Gainex to make alos character beloved in this series, literally eveyone standout.
But man the ending... RIP Nia... (I know she's not really dead, but to some extent she is...) also those who fought with Simon and other crew.
After the ED we have another huge time skip... whoa... we get to see Gimmy and Darry in their...30s I guess?
And why Rossiu, Yoko and Simon and like gramps but Leeron is still the same O_o? Viral is a beastman (And don't forget he's immortal
Sad that we didn't have glimpse on Kiyoh and Dayakka's daughter Anne 20 years later... just curious on what she looks like 20 later after Anti-spiral was defeated.
The ending wasn't that perfect or "happily ever after", the ending really makes the ending more human.
If anyone say Takahashi didn't take any plot concept from Gurren Laggan when making Xenoblade Chronicles, they're crazy. I found some quote in episode 27 that share the same ideals at the end of Xenoblade.
Also I have extend thoughts on this, I notice how the Spiral power's color is the same color as LWA's magic power. My theory is that this means these two are literally the same power, the power to believe in your self, or just fighting spirit...
I give Gurren Laggan 10/10 and I also feel totally regret of not finishing it soon... now this anime gave me a lot of impact and emotional drive, I'm not exaggerating

But this isn't the end, I'm going to watch the two movies...just not today... I have spend 6 hours on finishing the TV series
SGB hit 100K subscribers, and one of the things they are doing in celebration is allowing the community to decide on three games to play. They'll pick the games mentioned in the top 3 comments in terms of likes.

I put in a request for Xenoblade Chronicles since Johnny owns a copy.

Nice pick, I think will comment that game too.
Guardians of the Galaxy becomes much better when you see it as a DnD campaign

Yeah but you need to see those visuals man, they're something else entirely

Pink haired girl seems to be from a Light Novel romance and/or slice of life. Dunno if she'd have any powers but if not some are speculating she's the counter to Magane

The other dude is the protagonist from Yuuya's story(first episode fanart and the ED shows him with a Stand). The one he's holding in his image is likely his sister, which, as we know from Ep13, was killed by Yuuya himself so he'll likely join Altair too

The visual ain't and but overall the OP animation is just ok for me.

Didn't know that, so he's the main character, maybe there will be some plot twist there, just saying.

Last edited:

Silver117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaronsoto117
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Uh... I have no comment on that
Also while making this I am finishing Gurren Laggan 15-27
Before clicking the spoiler, I have to tell you this was made while watching so it might be a little messy.
Man if that later epiode really aired 7 years later that might fit well, but of course I don't think that is a good idea
16: Just recap of the past episodes
17: Simon turned cool whereas a lot of things changed 7 years later is just... mindblowing.
Now I get why I saw Anti-Spiral Nia's artwork on danbooru... her in that suit looks...sexy I guess?
18: Man the those Muggen are just OP...
Also Gimmy and Darry sure grow up so fast...
Kiyoh having thick lips after time-skip... reminds me of Peach to some degree...
19: Rossiu is really a d**k... but you really can't blame him
20: So the moon will not only crash but cause massive destruction to the entire each? That's worse than a meteorite...
21: YoKo is just sexy and really didn't change at all despite being a teacher... (I really want to throw chalk at the wall like a bullet too when I was teaching some kids at cram school...)
22: Like every Gainex/ TRIGGER anime, it all comes to fight in outer space...
Makken and Leite... they didn't stand out much before but now they are really awesome couple (Their kids though looks so typical...)
23: Yes, nice one Gainex, having spotlight on Rossiu having deep guiltiness and nearly wanted to suicide... also they obviously ship him and Kinon... and I am absolutely fine with it.
24: Gosh... probably the saddest episodes I have watched... where a part of Gurren crew (Kid, Iraak, Zorthy, Makken, and Bakusa bros)
25: So that Death Spiral Machine is really cheating... but most of all... KITTAN NO!!!!!!!!!!!!(I still don't agree with Kittan and YoKo ship though...)
26: This episode nearly made me feel out of this world.... this was really the battle of your own will
27: This still doesn't really explain why Nia end up in the box...lol maybe Lordgonme already aware she was the made by anti-spiral so that's why he threw her away.
THE EPIC BATTLE AGAINST ANTI-SPIRAL IS SO EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! Also Lordgonme rocks!!! It's nice for Gainex to make alos character beloved in this series, literally eveyone standout.
But man the ending... RIP Nia... (I know she's not really dead, but to some extent she is...) also those who fought with Simon and other crew.
After the ED we have another huge time skip... whoa... we get to see Gimmy and Darry in their...30s I guess?
And why Rossiu, Yoko and Simon and like gramps but Leeron is still the same O_o? Viral is a beastman (And don't forget he's immortal
Sad that we didn't have glimpse on Kiyoh and Dayakka's daughter Anne 20 years later... just curious on what she looks like 20 later after Anti-spiral was defeated.
The ending wasn't that perfect or "happily ever after", the ending really makes the ending more human.
If anyone say Takahashi didn't take any plot concept from Gurren Laggan when making Xenoblade Chronicles, they're crazy. I found some quote in episode 27 that share the same ideals at the end of Xenoblade.
Also I have extend thoughts on this, I notice how the Spiral power's color is the same color as LWA's magic power. My theory is that this means these two are literally the same power, the power to believe in your self, or just fighting spirit...
I give Gurren Laggan 10/10 and I also feel totally regret of not finishing it soon... now this anime gave me a lot of impact and emotional drive, I'm not exaggerating

But this isn't the end, I'm going to watch the two movies...just not today... I have spend 6 hours on finishing the TV series

Nice pick, I think will comment that game too.

The visual ain't and but overall the OP animation is just ok for me.

Didn't know that, so he's the main character, maybe there will be some plot twist there, just saying.
Gurren Lagann
Lordgenome knew about her being the anti-spiral vessel, I think it's said somewhere but I can't remember where

Kittan and Yoko hit ne really hard, she had finally moved on from Kamina and was going to start anew... then the man she loves dies again. Being Yoko is suffering

Nah, Nia is dead for real

And you forgot the best part of the episode when Kamina shows up when they're trapped in the anti-spiral dimension
Viral's illusion was actually quite sad tbh and Simon's was just a heartwarming moment

The movies are like the first two Madoka movies, just the same story as the anime, the difference here being that there are many more changes from the anime and no censors to stop anime tiddies
I haven't watched them but I'd bet they're good, I at least watched its version of the final battle and it's even better than the anime one
RE:Creators
I don't mean just the animation(which was great) but the shots they made: all of Altair's shots are able to tell what is going on with her and there's some clear foreshadowing with her disappearing many times and the action shots at the end just look so good
My favorite part is the 7 shots of the main Creations at the start, it's simple but it tells something about each of them and they're greatly directed:
-Selesia's hospital garb flies away as she looks at the moon, while facing away the camera, showing she has recovered and is ready to do what needs to be done.
-Meteora is shown preparing her magic but the camera is shown from above, representing that no matter how much she has done or knows, she is still just a Creation.
-Alice can only be fully seen through her reflection, she is ashamed of herself due to her actions. Also, in the reflection you can see her holding Mamika's ribbon.
-Yuuya's is obvious, Hangaku's shadow shows that he has lost her and he just stands there, despite him being a hothead which shows that losing Hangaku is more than just losing some power.
-Blitz stands alone in a room and is the one farthest from the screen, considering how loyal he is to Altair, he's likely all-in for her plan and that means he's sort of a Nihilist, especially if we take in consideration the likelihood that his daughter died too, which gives him a reason similar to Altair, and that distances and isolates him from everything else.
-Kanoya is eating atop Gigas Machina, he really doesn't care much about it but sinve he has to do it, he already has it in ready when it's time to go.
-Magane sits really near the screen, blurring herself, while eating carefree and observing what seems to be the stage of the crossover.

Maybe I'm stretching it but just wait until it's over and Geoff tears it to shreds because he was very enthusiatic about this show

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Thank you^^
I am great just woke up ^^
T-thank you^^

avi_peeking_post.png
Psst.

Quick heads-up, but it's frowned upon to double-post on SB. Sub-clause buried in the "no spam" section.

Ain't a big deal. Mods'll probably merge the posts whenever they drop by.

Personally I recommend responding to everyone in one message with multiple quotes or tagging folks. Edit function can be used to add more quotes later.

[EDIT]: Or even to fix broken attachments.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
SGB hit 100K subscribers, and one of the things they are doing in celebration is allowing the community to decide on three games to play. They'll pick the games mentioned in the top 3 comments in terms of likes.

I put in a request for Xenoblade Chronicles since Johnny owns a copy.

Honestly, they deserve it, and even more imo.

SGB, along with BSC actually make watching Let's Plays fun, which is something I never thought I'd ever say or type after I turned 14 lol.

Silver117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaronsoto117
View attachment 131448 Psst.

Quick heads-up, but it's frowned upon to double-post on SB. Sub-clause buried in the "no spam" section.

Ain't a big deal. Mods'll probably merge the posts whenever they drop by.

Personally I recommend responding to everyone in one message with multiple quotes or tagging folks. Edit function can be used to add more quotes later.

[EDIT]: Or even to fix broken attachments.
I'm very sorry I did not realize that, I just wanted to thank the ppl that were greeting me, I will be more careful next, and thanks for the tip it's just I'm new in this kinde of websites but thank you https://smashboards.com/members/zebei.255576/ you too thank you for the heads up

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , that brings up a question I don't know if I've ever had answered.

If you post, then edit it and tag or quote someone new in the edit, are they notified?

Or are notifications only sent during the initial post?

I'm very sorry I did not realize that, I just wanted to thank the ppl that were greeting me, I will be more careful next, and thanks for the tip it's just I'm new in this kinde of websites but thank you
Hey, don't sweat it, it happens.

Lotta this stuff you pick up as you go along anyway.

Silver117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaronsoto117
Hey A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , that brings up a question I don't know if I've ever had answered.

If you post, then edit it and tag or quote someone new in the edit, are they notified?

Or are notifications only sent during the initial post?

Hey, don't sweat it, it happens.

Lotta this stuff you pick up as you go along anyway.
O-oh ok thx...I just noticed your a pure pikachu main and I'm a pure marth(after 64) but we have different prospectives on o were own mains like yours is a buffachu and my is this <----

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
O-oh ok thx...I just noticed your a pure pikachu main and I'm a pure marth(after 64) but we have different prospectives on o were own mains like yours is a buffachu and my is this <----
Weeeeeell.

Buffachu is just for the moment, really. Editing my avi is kind of a hobby.

Normally, it's just this:
avi_full.png

But, y'know. Sun's out, guns out.

assuming it's changed and i never noticed (i doubt it) editing in a quote or tag doesnt give notifications.
See, I didn't figure, but then I've also never checked.

Do you think we should test it?
We could.

I got a plan.

Hey @Space Stranger.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My 7-year old cousin is more critical than, like, almost everyone in my family.
She just said Wonder Woman is okay because the whole Evil God thing is boring as it's been done numerous times before and that the villain is just "super evil" like in all superhero movies.
A 7-year old shouldn't have this level of critical thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom