• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So the Japanese list of games is up.
The exclusive ones are:
  • The Legend of Mystical Ninja
  • Super Soccer
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • Panel de Pon
Meanwhile it's missing
  • Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out

The Japanese exclusives don't surprise me, but the lack of Earthbound sure does.

Also their box looks better, as usual. :p
Aww I wanted Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is actually pretty cool. I may look into Drone racing a bit if it's stuff like this.
I love to watch those races; fast paced, competitive, rad neon lights, etc.
I casually watched a championship on TruTV last year and damn; it was really hype.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just got a PlayStation Vita but I have no games until tomorrow when my copy of P4 Golden comes in. UGGGHHHHH

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Got my preorder for the SNES Classic in supposedly a few minutes after the store got emailed about orders for it becoming available.
Lucky.
Through EB Games? I got mine at 9.20 this morning which I swear was one of the earliest because I was mashing F5 at work haha.

Also, how much better does our Australian console look than all the US ones :shades:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The exclusive ones are:
  • Super Soccer
  • Panel de Pon
Meanwhile it's missing
  • Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out

The Japanese exclusives don't surprise me, but the lack of Earthbound sure does.

Huh, never knew FE3 was SNES/SF until just now.

This is actually pretty cool. I may look into Drone racing a bit if it's stuff like this.
Don't think I knew about this either.

D

Deleted member

Ghast getting super excited about the Echoes endgame is the kind of pure happiness I strive for because I love seeing people nerd out over whatever their favorite thing is.
This is like when the bad guy of a superhero TV show teams up with the good guys to take on a greater threat.
Not the hero we deserve, but the one we need
I just got a PlayStation Vita but I have no games
This post ends here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys.

Had a crazy dream that Star Fox 2 was getting an official release. It was nice.

*reads title*

Hey usually I cant tell when im in a dream. Hello dream smashboards!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Through EB Games? I got mine at 9.20 this morning which I swear was one of the earliest because I was mashing F5 at work haha.

Also, how much better does our Australian console look than all the US ones :shades:
Yeah EB. I got mine done about 9:30. Didn't see it on the main page but just searched SNES and it was the only item to come up.

Also PAL/JP SNES>US SNES :)
Huh, never knew FE3 was SNES/SF until just now.

Don't think I knew about this either.
It's FFVI. It's just called FFIII since II, III and V weren't originally released outside of Japan. IV was also called II since it was the second FF to be localised. Later releases give IV and VI their correct numbers.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thought it over and decided to take the plunge on the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller.

A bit intimidating plunging that much into a controller, but the design is fresh as all heck and the reviews for the original Pro Controller have a STUPID good proportion of positive to negative reviews, and that's not even counting the fact that a lot of them docked stars solely for the price. The unique and collectible design was most of what won me over, but quality is a huge plus.

Another thing that assures me is that I can't see many Pro Controllers actually having a more appealing franchise-based design. The only one I can think of that might be on par for me that would actually have a chance of a custom Pro is Smash Bros, and I'm increasingly suspecting we may not see that for a while anyway.

I mean, Pokemon's up there for me in terms of Nintendo franchises and has a strong shot, but dignified controller designs for that I picture not. Splat's pretty much guaranteed to be better for my tastes than whatever they might come up with there.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still love all the games Nintendo has released over the years where I had little to no hope of seeing the light of day whether it's outside of Japan, a rerelease, or EVER:
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Famicon version)
  • Sin & Punishment
  • EarthBound
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, & Hogan's Alley
  • EarthBound Beginnings
  • Star Fox 2

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good luck getting Zombies at my neighborhood. You got just as good chance as Turtles in Time

It's owned by Disney
Aww... if there was something similar to SNES Classic Edition but with nothing but licensed games, I think it would sell out too.
The exclusive ones are:
  • Super Soccer
  • Panel de Pon
Meanwhile it's missing
  • Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out

Well, at least Lip is relevant again even if only in Japan.

(yay this avi fits)
I still love all the games Nintendo has released over the years where I had little to no hope of seeing the light of day whether it's outside of Japan, a rerelease, or EVER:
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Famicon version)
  • Sin & Punishment
  • EarthBound
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, & Hogan's Alley
  • EarthBound Beginnings
  • Star Fox 2
So Captain Rainbow and both FE 4 and 6 are getting localized aren't they?

Ahhh what a day

Seriously though, Star Fox 2 geting announced is a megaton for me. Gigantic announcement and im so happy.

ALSO MHA IS ****ING AMAZING. Just finished Season 1
so good.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah EB. I got mine done about 9:30. Didn't see it on the main page but just searched SNES and it was the only item to come up.

It's FFVI. It's just called FFIII since II, III and V weren't originally released outside of Japan. All later Western releases aside from Wii VC call it FFVI.
I said FE3 not FF3

FE3 = Fire Emblem 3.

FE3 =/= Final Fantasy 3

Because the Super Famicom Mini is apparently getting Fire Emblem 3, and I never knew it was an SNES/SF game. FFVI was already mentioned on a previous page, so I knew it was 6.

That said, I never knew that tidbit about FFIV and VI being labeled as FFII and III in the west, so I guess I learned something today.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ghast getting super excited about the Echoes endgame is the kind of pure happiness I strive for because I love seeing people nerd out over whatever their favorite thing is.
This was me during the Gravity Rush 2 end game.

Also a bit of utter bewilderment at points.

Speaking of which...

I just got a PlayStation Vita but I have no games until tomorrow when my copy of P4 Golden comes in. UGGGHHHHH
If you haven't got a PS4, the original Gravity Rush was basically the big defining game for it and would be a good pick.

If you have a PS4, ignore this because it got a PS4 remaster that plays a little better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The exclusive ones are:
  • Super Soccer
  • Panel de Pon
Meanwhile it's missing
  • Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out

Rogersbase was just mentioning in Gamexplain's video how he wanted the mystical ninja, so that's neat. It be nice to have Mystery of the Emblem on the U.S. one though.

This is like when the bad guy of a superhero TV show teams up with the good guys to take on a greater threat.
Thank Arceus. 4chan may get a bad rep and do some bad things, but they also have done some good. Hopefully they succeed and rid Youtube of these monstrosities. After watching a video on it a few weeks back, there's some ****** up **** on there.

GO 4CHAN GO!

It's occurred to me whwn I saw a GAF thread on the new FFXV DLC that I forgot how much I wanted Square Enix ports for Switch and how wrong I was

World of Final Fantasy seemed so reasonable to me when I thought "NX" would come out about a year earlier than it actually did. FFXV seemed somewhat plausible. KH3 has other issues lol
How innocent I was. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stormbolt.png

38x44

Getting something smaller than 32x40 AND having animations is actually really hard

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's occurred to me whwn I saw a GAF thread on the new FFXV DLC that I forgot how much I wanted Square Enix ports for Switch and how wrong I was

World of Final Fantasy seemed so reasonable to me when I thought "NX" would come out about a year earlier than it actually did. FFXV seemed somewhat plausible. KH3 has other issues lol
How innocent I was. . .
World of Final Fantasy is totally coming to the Switch, they're just taking time to steal my idea and implement Nintendo character cameos. :V

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Cool video inside spoiler

Very relevant for both the OW meta itself and competitive meta for competitive games in general. I thought it was cool so I am sharing here.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Did you get a proper Vita or a PSTV?

Either way, if you like RPGs you should give Trails of Cold Steel a shot.
I think I got that on Steam already from a Humble Bundle

How innocent I was. . .
The only RPG that needs a Switch port is Persona 5.

And Final Fantasy VII Remake.

And KOTOR

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
View attachment 131039

38x44

Getting something smaller than 32x40 AND having animations is actually really hard
So I don't know what that is, but it looks like a snowman made of oranges, with one of the oranges having a Wobbuffet mouth and Boo tongue, microphones for arms, and riding a tornado that is wearing a hula hoop.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I don't know what that is, but it looks like a snowman made of oranges, with one of the oranges having a Wobbuffet mouth and Boo tongue, microphones for arms, and riding a tornado that is wearing a hula hoop.
Just a character from my story

Lack of most details is because I'm restricted in pixel quantity. Also colors

Stormboltsm.png

His original sprite is limited to 32x40 pixels and for his this sprite, which is him in a boss fight, it's limited to 50x50 but since it's a modification of his original sprite I didn't use that much detail.

stormboltog.png

It's hard to explain what he is. Since he has an eye in his stomach, he doesn't need one on his head so it's just a mouth. But he's imitating the main character but is some kind of horrible corruption of him.

Edit: The tornado is because he controls wind

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Enemy units spawn to quickly in Echoes. I clear out the spawned armies then someone can promote so I walk to an idol and by the time I go there and back the map is filled again!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
There's a summer event for FE Heroes involving Frederick, Gaius, Tiki and female Robin coming.
I had a feeling there was going to be a special-summer banner eventually, but I'm surprised they would do it this soon considering the wedding banner happened just recently.

And I just looked at what the leaked art for each of them:

The link to all the leaked Summer Banner arts

Female Robin's art looks... odd. Seems like her chest is bigger compared to usual art depicted of her (at least from what I've seen). She has a spear with a fish at the end as her lance. Not much else to say.

Tiki's eyes look off for some reason, but I don't know why. The watermelon at the end of a stick is a suprising choice for an axe.

Gaius looks just like he did in his Awakening Beach DLC art. That candy bow he uses looks great, with the popsicle arrow being a nice touch.

Frederick gives me Makoto Tachibana vibes, probably because of the brown hair in combination with a jacket and exposed abs. It appears that he will be a dagger user where he throws sea shells instead of normal knives. Out of the four, I like Frederick's art the most.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a summer event for FE Heroes involving Frederick, Gaius, Tiki and female Robin coming.
Another set of Awakening characters, it seems. Last time the Tempest Trials had Male Robin, Lucina, Nowi, and Tharja, so it's interesting that they're seemingly doing them again.

Plus my historically bad luck at pulling Frederick may finally come to an end. Seriously, I've been pulling almost nothing but greens as of late and can't pull Frederick to save my life, despite him being available at lower rarities. So if I can pull not just Frederick, but a five star Frederick, that'd be great.

Though this would also be the first time a GHB hero is able to be summoned, right? Female Robin.

That is, assuming it's for the Tempest Trials and isn't a variant banner. The fact that it's all Awakening characters makes me think it isn't a variant banner like the Spring or Bride ones though.

Edit: Ignore me I'm dumb and the art leaked. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had a feeling there was going to be a special-summer banner eventually, but I'm surprised they would do it this soon considering the wedding banner happened just recently.

Female Robin's art looks... odd. Seems like her chest is bigger compared to usual art depicted of her (at least from what I've seen). She has a spear with a fish at the end as her lance. Not much else to say.

Tiki's eyes look off for some reason, but I don't know why. The watermelon at the end of a stick is a suprising choice for an axe.

Gaius looks just like he did in his Awakening Beach DLC art. That candy bow he uses looks great, with the popsicle arrow being a nice touch.

Frederick gives me Makoto Tachibana vibes, probably because of the brown hair in combination with a jacket and exposed abs. It appears that he will be a dagger user where he throws sea shells instead of normal knives.
Female Robin with an Octopus and Tiki with a melon.

Gaius with a bow and arrows and Frederick with a net.

Goodness this is lewd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Swimsuits in Fire Emblem Heroes. I'm not too surprised but damn I am still kind of surprised they went through with it. It's kind of funny though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Frederick gives me Makoto Tachibana vibes, probably because of the brown hair in combination with a jacket and exposed abs. It appears that he will be a dagger user where he throws sea shells instead of normal knives. Out of the four, I like Frederick's art the most.
I dunno I like this art of Tiki and lady Robin better than the regular versions art in Heroes.

Another set of Awakening characters, it seems. Last time the Tempest Trials had Male Robin, Lucina, Nowi, and Tharja, so it's interesting that they're seemingly doing them again.

Plus my historically bad luck at pulling Frederick may finally come to an end. Seriously, I've been pulling almost nothing but greens as of late and can't pull Frederick to save my life, despite him being available at lower rarities. So if I can pull not just Frederick, but a five star Frederick, that'd be great.

Though this would also be the first time a GHB hero is able to be summoned, right? Female Robin.

That is, assuming it's for the Tempest Trials and isn't a variant banner. The fact that it's all Awakening characters makes me think it isn't a variant banner like the Spring or Bride ones though.

Edit: Ignore me I'm dumb and the art leaked. :p
Whenever I go for green Frederick is like 80% of this time. It's actually annoying as hell. Heroes has actually ruined most Awakening units for me.

Are their any boys in this or is it just all girls like normal
Gaius and Frederick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom