• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I've actually thought about this before, but Fire Emblem, to me at least, doesn't have many characters well suited for the Death Battle format, which takes tangible feats into account and uses real world mathematical application to determine outcomes. This mainly stems from the fact that the vast majority of characters, despite the multitude that exist, are badass normals with little to no confirmed feats. Even the main lords who've killed dragons, gods, or dragon gods mainly did so because their weapons were specifically made to kill that exact being, and not necessarily anything else. Up until relatively recently the games didn't have full-on cutscenes (save only the 3DS and Tellius games) so there wasn't really any visual feat confirmation in the other ten games, or at least not as many that couldn't be written off as "Sprite logic" or similar things.

And even then they don't add a whole lot. Most of the cutscenes aren't full-on fights, and some that are don't showcase the characters doing anything too crazy. Lucina in the Bad Future cutscene didn't do anything too extreme, Alm vs Rudolf was a dream, Celica was
possessed

And not to mention their defensive feats are non-existent, since the only cutscenes that show them being struck actually hinder their feats. Looking at you, Chrom, Elise, and Celica. This is especially true when considering me being struck during gameplay is likely just a case of gameplay and story segregation.

So with that said, I could really only see the following as more high-tier picks.

Robin and Celica - Both can utilize lightning and fire due to their magic, which are more tangible and measurable than things like holy light and razor wind, which are much more abstract and harder to calculate for. However, both are disadvantaged a bit since Robin would rely on his tomes (all of which could break, unless they specifically go for his Fates incarnation, though that only applies to Thoron...or unless they give him max Grandmaster stats, Limit Breaker, and Armsthrift, but those aren't canon) and could have them knocked away, while Celica casts from her own health, making her unencumbered, but more squishy.

Roy - Fire is a measurable thing. Might be hindered by lack of true feats by virtue of The Binding Blade's sprite based combat.

Ryoma - Lightning is a measurable thing, unlike Xander's "sword that uses the power of darkness" Siegfried. You could likely calculate his speed and strength from cutscene logic, making him doable.

Chrom and Lucina - Not many feats on their own, but both leaped into the air about three times their body height in the Dual Falchions cutscene, which has to count for something. Also Chrom broke through a stone wall during training, but that doesn't have as much context to go off of.

Corrin - By virtue of versatility due to her draconic powers. They might be able to pull from that.

I haven't played the Tellius games because they're so hard to find, but Ike also gets mentioned a lot, from what I've seen. I can't weigh in too much though.

tl;dr: Fire Emblem, in my opinion, doesn't lend itself well to Who Would Win/Death Battle types of things due to the nature of the series focusing on badass normals strategically striking foes, and most don't have super powers to back them up, or impressive feats that can be used as a basis of measurement, save for the few I mentioned.

Just my take on it.
They may end up taking the other kinds of skills, like luna, lethality, Sol, Astra, and other things like that...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh.

We aren't missing much.

As Swamp typed that opinion, he heard a screech behind him. As he turned he saw two red eyes state at him. The creature jumped at Swamp's throat as he screamed to the heavens.

On second thought...

Sumia pls
"Iluminati likes this"
Lmao, this is only more fitting:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys.

The Opona- I mean Illuminati is going to kill me!

I badmouthed Sumia. She's the official waifu of the Illuminati.

I MEAN LOOK!

See that part in her hair?

ITS A TRIANGLE! RIGHT THERE ON HER HEAD!

I'M DOOMED!!!!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Guys.

I MEAN LOOK!

I'M DOOMED!!!!
Eh there's much better waifus in Awakening. I mean I don't even need to name who I think the top one is. Everyone knows my fave.

Guys.

I MEAN LOOK!

I'M DOOMED!!!!
Just make sure you leave a trail of debris. She's too clumsy to chase you!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys.

I MEAN LOOK!

I'M DOOMED!!!!
Also her armor looks like an owl and the illuminati worship the owl god

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like a pegasus to me.
The breasts are the eyes and the part under looks like a beak to me

Plus with the swirl design on the eye breasts it makes it look like an owl's "horns"

D

Deleted member

I can't believe lewd stuff is being talked about and I'm not around. That's just ridiculous.

Especially when it's about men. That Frederick artwork...

Last edited by a moderator:
So in the past 4 days i've done a workout 3 times, with the one day i didn't only because I was sore from the first two. 3 more times than normal. Been doing extra reps and higher weights than usual to make sure I get some decent work on as the pasty weakling I am.

And the reason for having motivation is ****ing anime.

I dont know if that's sad or great, all I know is My Hero Academia is making me healthier, plus utlra

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah it's pretty crazy we're getting new Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Splatoon, Star Fox, Kirby, Xenoblade, Pikmin and Fire Emblem games in the same year. As well as a few new IPs.
Round up for the series coming to the Nintendo platforms this year:
Switch: Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Splatoon, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem
3DS: Pokemon, Metroid, Pikmin, Kirby and Fire Emblem
Retro console: Star Fox
So the Japanese list of games is up.
The exclusive ones are:
  • The Legend of Mystical Ninja
  • Super Soccer
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • Panel de Pon
Meanwhile it's missing
  • Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out

The Japanese exclusives don't surprise me, but the lack of Earthbound sure does.

Also their box looks better, as usual. :p
Me and my brothers might be a bit sad that Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War isn't on the Super Famicom Mini. It was the first Fire Emblem game we played. We found it in a yard sale along with the Super Famicom and other games.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Thought it over and decided to take the plunge on the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller.
Good on ya.

Feel like it was the correct call.

It's about buttsex, you puritans.
And in other reasons Swamp is my hero today...

The breasts are the eyes and the part under looks like a beak to me

Plus with the swirl design on the eye breasts it makes it look like an owl's "horns"
So.

What you're saying.

Is Sumia has a pair of -

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just got to sit down and watch the first part of the Izombie season finale from last week

and....

HOLY **** I did not expect that ending. How are they following that up? That's an insane ending.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was kind of hoping Mega Man X2 would also be in that SNES collection. But Star Fox 2 is a big deal.

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's a summer event for FE Heroes involving Frederick, Gaius, Tiki and female Robin coming.
WHAT?! ANOTHER ONE?!?!?! SO SOON?!
Had to use MaG cause this laptop's print/screencapture button don't work.
And it's possibly in the month where I'll be working and away from the Internet for 2/3 of the month....I don't want to miss it!!!!!Why?!?!?!?!?! :cry:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Vegan diets don't consider that children are still growing and need proteins, not to mention the diets don't have good substitutes. Hell, it's not even possible to give a dog a vegan diet for example, as their digestive systems NEED meat
Whoevevr puts a dog on a vegan diet is an asshole and a dumbass and need to get a butt kicking

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Downloading a couple more demos on the 3DS....

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity...haven't played any mystery dungeon games so let's see what the fuss is all about...and the other demo is Rayman Origins, one again never played any Rayman games so might as well give this free demo a try...

My OG 3DS is pretty much a demo machine at this point...and there's plenty of demos to try out for the time being...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man everyones excited for the sumemr banner and im just sitting ehre thinking "glad im not intrested in any of these units i might not of had orbs for the choose your heroes banner thats been said to come by the end of summer"

seriously guys this is such an obvious trap banner

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
man everyones excited for the sumemr banner and im just sitting ehre thinking "glad im not intrested in any of these units i might not of had orbs for the choose your heroes banner thats been said to come by the end of summer"

seriously guys this is such an obvious trap banner
I only like the new banners because new art. The game isnt on my phone anymore

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Downloading a couple more demos on the 3DS....

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity...haven't played any mystery dungeon games so let's see what the fuss is all about...and the other demo is Rayman Origins, one again never played any Rayman games so might as well give this free demo a try...

My OG 3DS is pretty much a demo machine at this point...and there's plenty of demos to try out for the time being...
Gates to Infinity is probably the worst PMD game. The Explorers Games, Rescue Team Games, and Super are all better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom