• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@Shishœ

Are you calling military men and women around the world and from every country stupid?

Because the way you phrased that bit is disturbingly insulting at best and shows a lack of understanding of your fellow man at worst.

Chrono.

As far as I'm concerned, The First Avenger was when the MCU was starting to find it's footing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, Wonder Woman suuuuuuuuucked....
Mao emote 3.png

Well, let's just agree to disagree, shall we? No need to go into a debate that will not change the opinion of the other, am I right guys?:4pacman:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 130867
Well, let's just agree to disagree, shall we? No need to go into a debate that will not change the opinion of the other, am I right guys?:4pacman:
The movie is good but not great. Though it did really change the world of movies for the best it didn't do anything spectacularly different with the genre other than the female lead. Not to undermine Gadot's performance. It was stellar. It's just, I think people saw the movie and said 'Oh **** a good female led superhero movie! This must be the best superhero movie ever then.' It's quickly becoming overrated and I really don't want that to happen to this movie. It's a good movie but when I hear people asking others if it's good it's not a 'Yeah it was really good. You should see it.' it's more of a 'OH MAH GAWD IS BEST MOVIE EVAAAAR! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YOUR MISSING OUT ON LIFE' obviously I'm exaggerating but my girlfriend told my sister something close and my sister walked out disappointed. She pointed out the overuse of slowmotion, the length, and the way too superhero melodrama ending.

Everyone needs to cool it about the quality of the movie. Yeah, it's good and it did a lot for the genre but it's very very quickly speeding up to the line of overrated. I don't want that to happen to this movie. It's too revolutionary for that kind of status.

I saw Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman 's post above and was just thinking about this. Thought I would go ahead and get this off my chest.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
My main complaint with First Avenger was, Red Skull, like every other Marvel Villain in the movies up until Loki, or Winter Soldier, possibly
Ego
, was absolute ****. Yes, the makeup was cool, and yes, Hugo Weaving's performance was actually pretty damn good, but he had NO personality, no characterization whatsoever.

I honestly found Captain America: Winter Soldier the better movie in a lot of ways now that I think about it. I really liked Steve's development in the movie and it actually had a pretty cool villain in Winter Soldier (Well, I say"Villain", when really he's more a victim of brainwashing, still badass either way).

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The movie is good but not great. Though it did really change the world of movies for the best it didn't do anything spectacularly different with the genre other than the female lead. Not to undermine Gadot's performance. It was stellar. It's just, I think people saw the movie and said 'Oh **** a good female led superhero movie! This must be the best superhero movie ever then.' It's quickly becoming overrated and I really don't want that to happen to this movie. It's a good movie but when I hear people asking others if it's good it's not a 'Yeah it was really good. You should see it.' it's more of a 'OH MAH GAWD IS BEST MOVIE EVAAAAR! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YOUR MISSING OUT ON LIFE' obviously I'm exaggerating but my girlfriend told my sister something close and my sister walked out disappointed. She pointed out the overuse of slowmotion, the length, and the way too superhero melodrama ending.

Everyone needs to cool it about the quality of the movie. Yeah, it's good and it did a lot for the genre but it's very very quickly speeding up to the line of overrated. I don't want that to happen to this movie. It's too revolutionary for that kind of status.

I saw Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman 's post above and was just thinking about this. Thought I would go ahead and get this off my chest.
Calling any movie "The Best Movier Evar" is always going to lead you to dissapointement in any case. Not just superheroes movie, any media for that matter, video games, manga, etc... For me, I didn't know jack**** about Wonder Woman before I saw it, and when I saw it with my family, it was pretty good! I love it! But of course, there is flaw in it, but that's normal, everything has some flaw in it. And some peoples are going to put be put off by those flaw. (The slow motion, the final battle, etc..) And that's normal, I mean, people can love ****ty movie even tough they are extremely flawed. Just because there is some point in the movie that they enjoy. Is this wrong to like movie like Twilight if you have enjoyement in it? No, as long you aren't a fanboy that overlook all the problem of the film, you can enjoy it as a guilty pleasure because, hey, it's you. Same for good movies, is this wrong to dislike a movie that is considered very good? No, as long as you can see why people enjoy that movie and the quality it does have, you can say that you didn't enjoy it because of the plot, the character, the action, etc...

Really, it's a question of perspective. And this is the reason why I dislike debate in general, everyone have different taste. And in the end of the day, there is always peoples that are going to dislike things I love to death. So really, I rather talk about rainbow and Brawl tripping than talking about what is good or not.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say.

I'm so glad to be home for the summer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My opinion of Wonder Woman is that the action and humour are fantastic, and the characters are pretty likable (something I feel DC Movies usually don't do). However, the storyline itself is pretty by the numbers and I feel like they dropped the ball on the movie's aesop. Basically, it's charming but as a narrative it's very basic and doesn't touch on many ideas it brings up that much. It also had a very silly plot twist, IMO.

I've seen the first Captain America movie, but it's been way too long since then for me to remember anything about it.

D

Deleted member

Eh, Captain America's a bit lame too. I find him pretty unrepeatable when it comes to how he came to be a hero, and it's due to one major flaw: How he became zero to hero. That being that he's literally gifted super powers. Not only does he not put effort into achieving such power and skill, but even receiving powers by accident or even being born with them is something I find more relateable than flat out being gifted them. It's not like his intentions to go to fight for his country were bad or anything, they're relatable, but hmmm...

I do see what @Shishœ is saying though, I mean, Captain American in his dayview WAS propaganda. Not that Captain America's character is blindly loyal to the USA. Hail Hydra : ^ )

And I respect military men and women for putting themselves out there protect other people. But that still doesn't change how I feel about the military in general. It's good for show more than anything, so that other countries don't attack due to fear and risk.

And men and women in the military are usually used as a moral shield WAY too much, especially in defense of wasteful wars and blind nationalism.

View attachment 130867
I'm just being completely honest, I don't let the general mass opinions sway more one way or another.

And not only does my entire family agree with me, but people around us in the theater thought it sucked too judging by how they were reacting to it.

I don't know, maybe we all saw a different movie.

It has nothing to do with how highly rated the movie is, I love many highly rated and praised films. And I came into the movie with a neutral mindset.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh, Captain America's a bit lame too. I find him pretty unrepeatable when it comes to how he came to be a hero, and it's due to one major flaw: How he became zero to hero. That being that he's literally gifted super powers. Not only does he not put effort into achieving such power and skill, but even receiving powers by accident or even being born with them is something I find more relateable than flat out being gifted them. It's not like his intentions to go to fight for his country were bad or anything, they're relatable, but hmmm...

I do see what @Shishœ is saying though, I mean, Captain American in his dayview WAS propaganda. Not that Captain America's character is blindly loyal to the USA. Hail Hydra : ^ )

And I respect military men and women for putting themselves out there protect other people. But that still doesn't change how I feel about the military in general. It's good for show more than anything, so that other countries don't attack due to fear and risk.

And men and women in the military are usually used as a moral shield WAY too much, especially in defense of wasteful wars and blind nationalism.

I'm just being completely honest, I don't let the general mass opinions sway more one way or another.

And not only does my entire family agree with me, but people around us in the theater thought it sucked too judging by how they were reacting to it.

I don't know, maybe we all saw a different movie.

It has nothing to do with how highly rated the movie is, I love many highly rated and praised films. And I came into the movie with a neutral mindset.
in that case, let's all agree that it was still better than BvS. (Or any of the DCCU movie for that matter)
kappa.png

Nah really, look at my previous post, it's fine if you think the movie is bad. As long as you don't try to ruin the enjoyement of other had with it. You can say it suck all you want or you just didn't enjoy it. It's your opinion, and nobody can change it if you really didn't like the film.

Tough, if you do say one day that Suicide Squad was a good movie. I think I might call Jotaro on that.:4metaknight:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Calling any movie "The Best Movier Evar" is always going to lead you to dissapointement in any case. Not just superheroes movie, any media for that matter, video games, manga, etc... For me, I didn't know jack**** about Wonder Woman before I saw it, and when I saw it with my family, it was pretty good! I love it! But of course, there is flaw in it, but that's normal, everything has some flaw in it. And some peoples are going to put be put off by those flaw. (The slow motion, the final battle, etc..) And that's normal, I mean, people can love ****ty movie even tough they are extremely flawed. Just because there is some point in the movie that they enjoy. Is this wrong to like movie like Twilight if you have enjoyement in it? No, as long you aren't a fanboy that overlook all the problem of the film, you can enjoy it as a guilty pleasure because, hey, it's you. Same for good movies, is this wrong to dislike a movie that is considered very good? No, as long as you can see why people enjoy that movie and the quality it does have, you can say that you didn't enjoy it because of the plot, the character, the action, etc...

Really, it's a question of perspective. And this is the reason why I dislike debate in general, everyone have different taste. And in the end of the day, there is always peoples that are going to dislike things I love to death. So really, I rather talk about rainbow and Brawl tripping than talking about what is good or not.
That's hardly the point of constructive criticism. It's not about the enjoyment you get from a movie it's about the quality. I can get enjoyment out of any movie if I search hard enough. There's something to enjoy in every movie. It's about examining a movie and seeing what was done in this movie that will inspire movies to come. Without criticising, without describing the reasons a movie is good or bad, without that movies would lose their way. No one would want to better themselves and we would constantly get mediocre and bad movies. What's the point in following someone with passion and risk when you can throw out another remake, another sequel, another action movie and make money anyways.

My point with Wonder Woman is that it's constantly getting praised for the sole sake of it being a female lead. And in doing so this could cause studios to be all 'Oh people just want female lead' which could very easily lead into ****ty and sexist female led movies. They won't realize that oh people like seeing a GOOD FEMALE SUPERHERO in a GOOD SUPERHERO MOVIE unless we criticize what the movies did wrong while acknowledging what they did right. Remember when Batman Begins and Dark Knight came out? Studios and Comic companies thought 'Oh people want Dark Brooding stories make more of those' and then we get Man of Steel, BvS, and the mess that is Suicide Squad. NO we don't want that we want good movies that have people with PASSION behind the cameras.

It's not enough to just like or dislike a movie otherwise we'd be in a world of movies where every thing that's put out is simply there just to make money. People fail to realize more often than not that movies are art and art is meant to be beloved, preserved. That's not the way most studios think. They think money and that's all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shish is spouting bad opinions again? This is what happens when you yell 'EOV WHEN' all the time, as you lose 6002 brain cells everytime you say it and mean it

Also, Wonder Woman is going to be better than Homecoming imo, as they keep pushing Tony. Tony's cool but I'm tired of seeing him everywhere
Also thank you @wedl!! for letting me retweet Cardcaptor Sakura stuff! :D

Aaaand my premium expired

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Kill Bill is my favorite movie of all time.

If you want an action movie with not just a strong/kickass female lead, but a strong/kickass female cast then watch that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

in that case, let's all agree that it was still better than BvS. (Or any of the DCCU movie for that matter)View attachment 130871

Nah really, look at my previous post, it's fine if you think the movie is bad. As long as you don't try to ruin the enjoyement of other had with it. You can say it suck all you want or you just didn't enjoy it. It's your opinion, and nobody can change it if you really didn't like the film.

Tough, if you do say one day that Suicide Squad was a good movie. I think I might call Jotaro on that.:4metaknight:
Nah, at most I'm just bating Shisho just for the sake of discussion.

I'm just one dude on the internet that uses his hard earned $850 internship money to buy homoerotic male stripper dolls along with homoerotic punch ghost dolls, which people will question why I own and have them on my shelves. But the thing is I won't care, you know why? Because I'm extremely confident about my sexuality Because I enjoy what I enjoy, and enjoying what I enjoy is one of my favorite things to do.

I don't mind what anyone else enjoys as long as it doesn't harm me or anything that concerns me. Unless it's Suicide Squad : ^ ) So good job Wonder Woman for having a highly acclaimed and successful film loved by many.

Nah, actually, it objectively sucks. You know why? IT DIDNT HAVE THE THEME!!!!
****ING HELL THIS THEME MAKES ME SO ****ING AROUSED **** IT SHOULD HAVE PLAYED DURING EVERY CLIMAX OF THE MOVIE AND THE END CREDITS IF THEY INCLUDED THIS IT WOULDVE GOTTEN 192% NOT A LOW ASS 92%

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's hardly the point of constructive criticism. It's not about the enjoyment you get from a movie it's about the quality. I can get enjoyment out of any movie if I search hard enough. There's something to enjoy in every movie. It's about examining a movie and seeing what was done in this movie that will inspire movies to come. Without criticising, without describing the reasons a movie is good or bad, without that movies would lose their way. No one would want to better themselves and we would constantly get mediocre and bad movies. What's the point in following someone with passion and risk when you can throw out another remake, another sequel, another action movie and make money anyways.

My point with Wonder Woman is that it's constantly getting praised for the sole sake of it being a female lead. And in doing so this could cause studios to be all 'Oh people just want female lead' which could very easily lead into ****ty and sexist female led movies. They won't realize that oh people like seeing a GOOD FEMALE SUPERHERO in a GOOD SUPERHERO MOVIE unless we criticize what the movies did wrong while acknowledging what they did right. Remember when Batman Begins and Dark Knight came out? Studios and Comic companies thought 'Oh people want Dark Brooding stories make more of those' and then we get Man of Steel, BvS, and the mess that is Suicide Squad. NO we don't want that we want good movies that have people with PASSION behind the cameras.

It's not enough to just like or dislike a movie otherwise we'd be in a world of movies where every thing that's put out is simply there just to make money. People fail to realize more often than not that movies are art and art is meant to be beloved, preserved. That's not the way most studios think. They think money and that's all.
Well, yeah, I agree. There need to be critic to difference what make a movie actually good and bad. I was more talking about peoples that have different opinion to share them but still respect the opinion of the other. Or else, it goes into mindless debate that you can abridge to:

-YOUR MOVIE SUCK BECAUSE I SAY SO

-NO, YOU SUCK, THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST

It doesn't help the movie industry at all. It's just peoples acting like 12 years old kids. And everyone hate that. If someone is going to make a critic, there need to be argument and a respect of the other person we argument with if we want to make a debate that actually help to see the good and the bad of a movie. So that then, we can say what Hollywood need to do and what not to do. Because if we just say every problem of the movie without saying the positif. Then Studio might think that:

"Oh, Wonder Woman suck I guess. Better make her more dark and remove any element of comedy. Oh and, don't make the character likeable, make them dark and deep and say complicate thing that doesn't make any sense at all but sound cool for a trailer."

You get it, there need to have a balance. Without balance, a movie will be either bashed for every little single detail it does wrong. And peoples will not take the movie seriously at all and the industry will go backward. Or it will be either praise for every thing it did, leaving the studio think that, well, we don't need to make something different! Just make the first movie but with Batman in it or some **** like that!

Brief, the movie industry, no, art in general is a mess. And me writting long post at 10:29 in the morning is wrong. I need to ****post or something.

Nah, at most I'm just bating Shisho just for the sake of discussion.

I'm just one dude on the internet that uses his hard earned $850 internship money to buy homoerotic male stripper dolls along with homoerotic punch ghost dolls, which people will question why I own and have them on my shelves. But the thing is I won't care, you know why? Because I'm extremely confident about my sexuality Because I enjoy what I enjoy, and enjoying what I enjoy is one of my favorite things to do.

I don't mind what anyone else enjoys as long as it doesn't harm me or anything that concerns me. Unless it's Suicide Squad : ^ ) So good job Wonder Woman for having a highly acclaimed and successful film loved by many.

Nah, actually, it objectively sucks. You know why? IT DIDNT HAVE THE THEME!!!!
****ING HELL THIS THEME MAKES ME SO ****ING AROUSED **** IT SHOULD HAVE PLAYED DURING EVERY CLIMAX OF THE MOVIE AND THE END CREDITS IF THEY INCLUDED THIS IT WOULDVE GOTTEN 192% NOT A LOW *** 92%
There you go! That's what I meant!
profile_picture_by_vash_thumbsup_plz-d5vecn9.jpg

That's the stuff everyone can agree on! ****post is love, ****post is life!

D

Deleted member

Y'all movies are bad. Get over it.
NOPE NOPE NOPE

Did you just call ALL movies bad? Clearly you have not seen movies like Down and Dirty Duck which is like a ****post before ****posts were even a thing.

This is real art.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How did my simple post of being a massive Wonder Woman fan who adored the movie turn into this?

I won't get into details or multi paragraph reasons as to why, because it's 5 in the morning and I'm tired as **** but I just gotta say as someone who loves the character has for years.

The only thing that bugs me is when someone chalks the movies sucess and people liking it to being the first good female superhero movie and for me at least? You could not be more off base and I'm sure that's true of millions of others.

Now I'm going the **** to bed....hopefully.

Edit: God. I said I wouldn't do multi paragraph post. Did one anyways. **** me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
NOPE NOPE NOPE

Did you just call ALL movies bad? Clearly you have not seen movies like Down and Dirty Duck which is like a ****post before ****posts were even a thing.

This is real art.
Alucard, you favourite movie is ****, so is my favourite movie if I even had one. Now, get over it, and get on the high dive.
How did my simple post of being a massive Wonder Woman fan who adored the movie turn into this?

I won't get into details or multi paragraph reasons as to why, because it's 5 in the morning and I'm tired as **** but I just gotta say as someone who loves the character has for years.

The only thing that bugs me is when someone chalks the movies sucess and people liking it to being the first good female superhero movie and for me at least? You could not be more off base and I'm sure that's true of millions of others.

I can feel your pain bro. Note to myself, don't get into debate in the morning, it's not worth it.:132:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Paragraphs are mor than two sentences silly.

There were no paragraphs there. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Alucard, you favourite movie is ****, so is my favourite movie if I even had one. Now, get over it, and get on the high dive.

I can feel your pain bro. Note to myself, don't get into debate in the morning, it's not worth it.:132:
I never said that Down and Dirty Duck was my favorite movie. It's close, but the best movie ever made is probably Heavy Traffic or something.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
NOPE NOPE NOPE

This is real art.
Why am I researching a pornographic movie featuring a cartoon duck at 2 in the morning? God damn it; I hate my life.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I never said that Down and Dirty Duck was my favorite movie. It's close, but the best movie ever made is probably Heavy Traffic or something.
It's still **** tough.:troll:
Just like how I was able to get into a debate even tough I hate debate. **** me man, I hate myself sometime.:4charizard:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Wonder Woman
Joss Whedon's WW script got leaked.
Dear Gadot is it bad! It focuses on Steve Trevor for a while, the first thing to be addressed as a woman is a plane, Wondy says "Man up", and there's SO much stuff I didn't get to see.

Kinda makes me think his upcoming Batgirl movie will be ****

D

Deleted member

Why am I researching a pornographic movie featuring a cartoon duck at 2 in the morning? God damn it; I hate my life.
I'm the most powerful member here. My power is to make people check out weird stuff.

Anyway, since we've been on the subject, I mine as well that hate it when people think they're intellectual because they dislike something popular.(*CoughE;RCough* Which is why I made it extra clear that me disliking Wonder Woman is nothing political and not due to its popularity.)

Thank you 1000 times for this wonderful gif.
God bless you man.

Say some GANG-STAR is dissing your usage of a dank meme... Ya just give them one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm the most powerful member here. My power is to make people check out weird stuff.

Anyway, since we've been on the subject, I mine as well that hate it when people think they're intellectual because they dislike something popular.(*CoughE;RCough* Which is why I made it extra clear that me disliking Wonder Woman is nothing political and not due to its popularity.)

Say some GANG-STAR is dissing your usage of a dank meme... Ya just give them one of these.
Good ****, GOOD ****, THAT'S SOME GOOD **** RIGHT THERE IF I SAY SO.:denzel:

But I disagree, say that, some MEME-STAR is dissing your usage of janky meme...Just give them one of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom